600PP GT500 Super Lap: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 239 comments
1:15.198 (I think that's what it was). Good for 33rd for now. I can see .2 in the first 2 sectors easily, and would love to dip into the 14s-I've been well up on this lap only to lose it on the final 2 corners. +.050 would put me first in the USA, hopefully I will have time for more laps before ranking registration ends.

It has been several years since I put much time in hotlapping, I wanted to give GT6 a final send-off, this seasonal seemed like a good way to do it. It has certainly taken me several hours of practice. One day I can be fast, the next...not so much. It takes a lot of effort!

Through the week I switched from a G27 to G29. It was a little better, took some getting used to the brake pedal stiffness but in the end it's a very similar feel to the old wheel. Nice having all the PS buttons back on the wheel though instead of the shifter.

I am using HansDampf's tune. Thank you! I gained a full second, the gearing was very helpful.

1:15.198 (I think that's what it was). Good for 33rd for now. I can see .2 in the first 2 sectors easily, and would love to dip into the 14s-I've been well up on this lap only to lose it on the final 2 corners. +.050 would put me first in the USA, hopefully I will have time for more laps before ranking registration ends.

It has been several years since I put much time in hotlapping, I wanted to give GT6 a final send-off, this seasonal seemed like a good way to do it. It has certainly taken me several hours of practice. One day I can be fast, the next...not so much. It takes a lot of effort!

Through the week I switched from a G27 to G29. It was a little better, took some getting used to the brake pedal stiffness but in the end it's a very similar feel to the old wheel. Nice having all the PS buttons back on the wheel though instead of the shifter.

I am using HansDampf's tune. Thank you! I gained a full second, the gearing was very helpful.
You say the G29 is superior to the G27? I'll get a PS4 when the new game comes out but wasn't sure about going all the way to get a G29 as well.

Worth the upgrade in your opinion?

1:16.3 on ds3 with buttons after a day of hard work (my thumbs ache).
Improved only a little over a tenth, but there's potential for something more as I messed up last sector on my best lap.
Using HansDampf tune. Will try something else tomorrow.

You say the G29 is superior to the G27? I'll get a PS4 when the new game comes out but wasn't sure about going all the way to get a G29 as well.

Worth the upgrade in your opinion?

The G27 is not compatible with the PS4, as far as I know. That was my reasoning, at least, for making the switch.

In all honesty, it doesn't feel that much different. The brake pedal stiffness was the biggest change, and the wheel itself feels smoother and tighter, but my G27 has some miles/hours on it so it could just be the newness. If the G27 truly works with the PS4, I'd just stick with it.

I bought a refurb G29 unit from USA ebay, $219 shipped for wheel, pedals, and power supply. Not much else fits my budget at the moment. My G27 shifter is plugged in and appears to work, although I haven't tested it fully yet. I'm certainly happy with the refurbished unit, no issues to report so far.

There you go Cory, your turn...
Your turn now. :sly:

image.jpeg

Last edited:
:lol:...........damn! :grumpy:

Did it take 2 or 3 laps?? :D

I'm done with this TT. It's just after 7.40am here and at work now (oops) so won't be home before the change over....

Besides, I don't think I could pull off that last corner again :D

As always, nicely done Cory 👍

:cheers:

1:16.167
My final try was the et_ (ERAZER?) tune from the old thread with HansDampf gearbox, it helped a lot in places (probably the best corkscrew I ever had). Still loosing heaps of time in the last sector, mostly the corner after corkscrew which I can't tackle right, last one also could be better.
All in all, had a lot fun with that car, when the tires hook - it's a pure pleasure to drive.

:lol:...........damn! :grumpy:

Did it take 2 or 3 laps?? :D

I'm done with this TT. It's just after 7.40am here and at work now (oops) so won't be home before the change over....

Besides, I don't think I could pull off that last corner again :D

As always, nicely done Cory 👍

:cheers:

Glad to see the end of it and I'm sure the neighbors are happy too.
My heart is not in it at the moment as my little mate in my avatar died on Sunday night. Lost without him.

Car specs, option settings ? I want to try !

:D
550 BHP, no aids , abs 1 , i dont remember settings , at that time i did not know good settings but i remember i race with 0.0 / -0.20 diff about 40 40 20 its all about how i throw car in to S curve DFGT wheel . At that time only 3 pilots could do 2.02 two from France and me , later we move to 500 BHP , and igot a very good settup From Michu

550 BHP, no aids , abs 1 , i dont remember settings , at that time i did not know good settings but i remember i race with 0.0 / -0.20 diff about 40 40 20 its all about how i throw car in to S curve DFGT wheel . At that time only 3 pilots could do 2.02 two from France and me , later we move to 500 BHP , and igot a very good settup From Michu

Ooh - kay ... I'll have a look.
Is it possible to PSN-name the French guys ?

Last edited:
Ooh - kay ... I'll have a look.
Is it possible to PSN-name the French guys ?
I do not want to lie , but i think it was Willian77 and aughablo , i might be wrong , it was 2 years ago or so... when i found out diff 8 - 13 - 6 it was much more easy and faster to race .(i did race with ThommyF1 PSN at that time )

I do not want to lie , but i think it was Willian77 and aughablo , i might be wrong , it was 2 years ago or so... when i found out diff 8 - 13 - 6 it was much more easy and faster to race .(i did race with ThommyF1 PSN at that time )

Thanks for this additional info. At least 'aughablo' is well known from the seasonal TT rankings 👍.

Thanks for this additional info. At least 'aughablo' is well known from the seasonal TT rankings 👍.

It is not about TT, at least for me , it ts all about race , who is the strongest and more clever , all about talent and who is the fastest . Respect to Immortal he is fighter , also to IOF and GT_BOCCA_EVOL, at least him i met in the race few times

Back