600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
Exact, 10 check points, 10 points each , maximum 100 points. I'll publish it together with the finals results. More or less this layout.
Taking the review above and beyond.... (calm ocean waves) everyday.

Okay just posted my first handful of times on the first page post#4
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5767468#post5767468

Good tunes everyone sorry my poor driving doesn't allow me to do them the justice they deserve.
These are my initial runs on the road course. Once I have completed initial runs for all tunes on the road course I'll do the speedway. After that I'll start doing second runs on the road course. Should get a minimum of two runs on each track for every car and I'm hoping to complete 3.
Good luck everyone and remember
As Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Since this shootout started!:rolleyes:
So when are you going to quit spaming up peoples garages and start testing cars here?:lol:
When I'm off school! Two shootouts, I've done the testing for both, I would like a bit of a break before the third one starts thank you very much! :lol:

And you don't know? I've been spamming RKM since me and Roj started getting friendly :D

When I'm off school! Two shootouts, I've done the testing for both, I would like a bit of a break before the third one starts thank you very much! :lol:
Hmm guess we'll hear from you in about nine months then.:D To bad really since there is going to be one shootout right after another with some really interesting cars for the foreseeable future.👍👍
And you don't know? I've been spamming RKM since me and Roj started getting friendly :D
As a man with way to much bling around his neck and a mean mohawk once said...
I pity the fool!:lol:

No chance. :D

Looks like Despy's taken me back on the Road Course. Amazed that I'm so close to the ZZII with Despy but miles off with Praiano. Probably because it is his tune :indiff:

Should be interesting to see where my total position is with Prai's reviewing system. Lot more detailed than mine, I can guarantee :D

No chance. :D

Looks like Despy's taken me back on the Road Course. Amazed that I'm so close to the ZZII with Despy but miles off with Praiano. Probably because it is his tune :indiff:

Should be interesting to see where my total position is with Prai's reviewing system. Lot more detailed than mine, I can guarantee :D
Please keep in mind that these are just my initial runs and that as I learn the tracks better and how the cars handle the times should improve.👍👍

Just posted my next handful of times. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5767468#post5767468
Will try and complete initial road course runs when I get home from work in a few hours.
Time to go driving for real.:irked::rolleyes:

Hmm guess we'll hear from you in about nine months then.:D To bad really since there is going to be one shootout right after another with some really interesting cars for the foreseeable future.👍👍

As a man with way to much bling around his neck and a mean mohawk once said...
I pity the fool!:lol:
I said a break, not a total leave! I'll be doing a 1 line review for shootouts from now on, unless it was deemed necessary that I get really long-winded, as I'll leave paragraphs for RKM and the likes.

1:34.5xx. I fear you and me have the same driving style. Old men, DS3 user, heavy thumb out of the corners :D. Desperado you could expect about a 53/54 on the oval then and might bring it down to 1:33.7xx on road. That's were I was at with the luxury sedan. Hope it was at least fun :D

1:34.5xx. I fear you and me have the same driving style. Old men, DS3 user, heavy thumb out of the corners :D. Desperado you could expect about a 53/54 on the oval then and might bring it down to 1:33.7xx on road. That's were I was at with the luxury sedan. Hope it was at least fun :D
It's a blast and as has always been the problem with this car getting the rear to hook up on corner exit is a task. You've done a remarkable job overall and the front feels well planted most of the time, loved taking the long steeper onto the start/finish straight at full throttle but using automatic it feels like I run out of power and lose acceleration before the braking zone. And then with the inability to get it to really plant and accelerate hard out of turns...:censored:really wanted it to show better.:(

Ill be posting my times this evening (7+hours) .

Just second runs to do , quickest currently on the road is a 1.27 with 3 top contenders to go I expect 1.26 or so.

Unsurprisingly the Cien is fastest round the oval.

It's a blast and as has always been the problem with this car getting the rear to hook up on corner exit is a task. You've done a remarkable job overall and the front feels well planted most of the time, loved taking the long steeper onto the start/finish straight at full throttle but using automatic it feels like I run out of power and lose acceleration before the braking zone. And then with the inability to get it to really plant and accelerate hard out of turns...:censored:really wanted it to show better.:(

Kinda disappointed with the times myself. I was hoping it would have kept up with the field, but like you said it was hard to get the rear planted and not lose traction. Oh well. Turning 1:34.xxx in a family car at Indy is very fun :D

All test drives published, don't need to wait the end for this, only the laps times will be updated till the end or when i think i can't do better for any car.

I've tried to be as objective as possible, this is what i feel about each car, everybody did a great job really . Congratulations to everybody and specially to ACSR421 who have my tester preference.

Have a good day everybody.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5800340#post5800340

EDIT: Update with explanation of

Points attribution System

Max speed at starting line: 280-290 kmh= 8pts // 290-300 kmh= 9 pts // 300 + kmh = 10 pts

Low speed corner:
entry 10 pts = agressive entry with little overster oriented inside the corner.

mid 10 pts = quick driving direction changes

out 10 pts = little oversteer with full early power allowing round corner out.

medium speed corner:
entry 10 pts = agressive entry with little overster oriented inside the corner.

mid 10 pts = perfect control of driving line with throttle ,eagerness , front entring corner when release throttle.

out 10 pts = little oversteer with full early power allowing round corner out.

High speed corner:
entry 10 pts = Sharp direction ,lot of grip oriented inside the corner to apex when release throtle.

mid 10 pts = perfect control of driving line with throttle ,constant grip ,no floatty (snake).

out 10 pts = When full gas, no little oversteer that make loose speed, no understeer that don't allow full throttle, perfect balance.

Last edited:
All test drives published, don't need to wait the end for this, only the laps times will be updated till the end or when i think i can't do better for any car.

I've tried to be as objective as possible, this is what i feel about each car, everybody did a great job really . Congratulations to everybody and specially to ACSR421 who have my tester preference.

Have a good day everybody.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5800340#post5800340
Very nice.:D
And I did warn everyone that the Cien was a killer if you didn't do everything right. After the shootout I want to do a proper handling tune at stock HP like I did with CSLACRs "Slacker Edition" Viper ACR, and a maximum build/maximum performance tune. Think they'll be a lot easier and more enjoyable to drive.👍👍

Thanks for the review Praiano.

Im not completely happy with the 430 Scud , its quick round the oval as I intended . I need more time to make it better on the road course , I plan on improving the transmission too.

At some point later I will take my car off share for 30 minutes. So I can set a time for it.

Thanks for the review Praiano.

Im not completely happy with the 430 Scud , its quick round the oval as I intended . I need more time to make it better on the road course , I plan on improving the transmission too.

At some point later I will take my car off share for 30 minutes. So I can set a time for it.

You're welcome my friend, your tune is very close to what i considere a perfect tune. Personally ,i don't like to much perfect balance, a little oversteer under strong braking that make you carve inside the turn make me smile alone in my room.
Good job.

Dylans1o, acsr421, brave bear, raVer and madmyk, get me added and/or sort your hosting and I'll put some times up. I've taken everyone elses out for a spin. raVer, your car doesn't seem to be up on share as per the 2nd post. brave bear, you've no room for new FRs...

Ta,
{Cy}

Dylans1o, acsr421, brave bear, raVer and madmyk, get me added and/or sort your hosting and I'll put some times up. I've taken everyone elses out for a spin. raVer, your car doesn't seem to be up on share as per the 2nd post. brave bear, you've no room for new FRs...

Ta,
{Cy}
raVer's car is supposed to be hosted by CSLACR on the GTP_CSL account.

raVer's car is supposed to be hosted by CSLACR on the GTP_CSL account.

Rgr that Dee, couldn't see it there when I looked a few mins ago :indiff: I've gotta split shortly as it is, but would like to get the remaining few done before the deadline. I know there's another week, but I might only get one or two slots in that time...

{Cy}

Ta,
{Cy}

Wow, sorry Cy. I thought I had everybody. I can't send you a FR for about 8-9 hours though. I just got to work...

Wow, sorry Cy. I thought I had everybody. I can't send you a FR for about 8-9 hours though. I just got to work...

S'alright Myk, as long as you know I'm after a ride in your car :sly:

{Cy}

PS - I'm not officially listed on the front page, so not your fault Sir...

PPS - Nor anyone else's, I didn't ask to be on the front page, yer Honour...

Kinda disappointed with the times myself. I was hoping it would have kept up with the field, but like you said it was hard to get the rear planted and not lose traction. Oh well. Turning 1:34.xxx in a family car at Indy is very fun :D

I ran a final time of 1:30.386. I thought that was pretty good considering you picked a un-competitive car. That is about 4 sec off your time, just curious what kind of times were you hoping for?

Does my 1:29.826 help?

@ CSL You no longer have raVers Vantage on share , dont know if thats intentional or not .
Hey, I gotta test it myself sooner or later. :P
It should be back up today though, ironically, while testing it myself last night, my internet cut, roughly 12 hours after the "hurricane" passed through. :confused:

Back