ABS 0 community where are you???

Something like this?:

Beginner's guide to no ABS brake balance settings...

Wow FordMK! That's a good start! Very detailed and well thought out indeed. Haha well feel free to keep on revising/edit it if needed. Wish GTP would have some kind of wiki section of some sort so we can all help to contribute and finalize this so everyone can see it and have a form of standard to follow

I share many similarities with your methods of finding BB values as well so if I ever find something helpful to add I'll let you know. Just a little bit more trial and error for me, it usually takes me about 2-3 laps before I find the right BB settings hehehe

That's great Ford. Thanks! Your suggestions to me about threshold brake techniques helped immensely. I put that into practice and it's feeling more natural now.

I've got about 3 weeks of no ABS now. Using all different drivetrains and tire compounds. I've been using lower settings 2/1, 2/0 for Comforts in lightweight cars, 3/1 for heavier cars on Comforts and all Sports tires. Race(tires) cars I've been at 4/1, 4/2. My DFGT and/or my lack of experience doesn't make higher settings manageable. Still doesn't take much pedal travel to lock up if I go higher than those settings.

Started with Miatas and other lightweight FR's, then on to various AWD's. Now I've got my hands full with various high powered street cars on SH's. The heavier street cars are definitely giving me more trouble. Spent some time with both Lambo Murcies on SH's in the new seasonal at GVS. Good lord, what an adventure trying to bring down those beasts (death traps) into turn 1!

I have also started driving without ABS recently and quite simply... it is easy.

Just set the brake sensetivity to 1 for the rear and front and apply the brakes at 75% to reach the threshold between grip and loss of grip while in a straight line and cornering and you'll be fine.

Quite easy, indeed.

I have also started driving without ABS recently and quite simply... it is easy.

Just set the brake sensetivity to 1 for the rear and front and apply the brakes at 75% to reach the threshold between grip and loss of grip while in a straight line and cornering and you'll be fine.

Quite easy, indeed.

Dude if you used those settings and 75% brake pressure, you'd spin out entering 95% of corner/car/street tire combinations in the game and if it was it wouldn't be any fun. It's not that simple...lol.:dopey:

Dude if you used those settings and 75% brake pressure, you'd spin out entering 95% of corner/car/street tire combinations in the game and if it was it wouldn't be any fun. It's not that simple...lol.:dopey:

And you'd be no where near the limit. So your lap times won't be great. :odd:

1/1 BB is like having drum brakes :lol: try that on pre 70's and some pre 80's car, accurate braking for old cars, but for newer cars it's just too weak.

Quite easy, indeed.

This is misleading, I suggest you keep testing, you will most likely find a better
brake balance set up than 1/1.
I agree with you that it is easy, start with one of the recommended set up from Ford's guide, adjust to your preference, it takes minutes and you are ready to enjoy driving with ABS 0.
Keep us posted on your progress. 👍

Has anyone found that since the last update its easier to run higher BB values? the physics seem much more forgiving and stable, i wish they wouldnt keep dumbing it down.

I don't know about 2.09, but on 2.08 at first I thought it was easier, but then I deleted my game data and revert back to 1.0, tried the same high BB I used to run on 2.08, no difference which is surprising, I ran my tuned Civic and R33 GTR with 10/9 BB on 1.0 GT5.

2.09 might give subtle difference as I heard that physics engine have been tweaked yet again, also tire and suspension seems more realistic too.

Has anyone found that since the last update its easier to run higher BB values? the physics seem much more forgiving and stable, i wish they wouldnt keep dumbing it down.

The new physics are actually more realistic in my opinion. Loss of grip is more progressive and cars tend to understeer properly if you go too hot into a corner. 👍

The new physics are actually more realistic in my opinion. Loss of grip is more progressive and cars tend to understeer properly if you go too hot into a corner. 👍

I agree with you, The new physics feels more realistic to me too. 👍
More twitchy or just more unstable does not equal more realistic.
It is the way we can feel how the car react, and how different cars react, that make for good immersion.:)
That is what is so great about ABS0, the cars are more alive and at the end easier to drive once you find the B/B that you like.
As I have seen in an other thread, having a good wheel/pedal combo is a big help in appreciating the subtility brought by the latest update.
Long lives GT5.:gtpflag:

Whats more realistic between 2.08 and 2.09 could be debated either way as the change wasnt big, but i felt that the cars were more pointy and less stable with 2.08, regardless which is more realistic I personaly found 2.08 physics more fun.

Either way its not a game breaker, but when you next go online try some higher BB values, myself and some others have found that we can now run higher BB than before 2.09, it would be nice to see what you guys think.

I always thought that online cars were too unstable. Not because I can't control them, I can, but in real life most cars have an initial, natural understeer as far as I understand. 2.09 models this better In my opinion.

As long as ABS 0 is still good though, I don't care. :D

I've been enjoying 2.09 a lot offline. Been running hot laps at DRC in the 63 GS Vette on RH's. So challenging bringing that old timer into turn 1 while the front tires scramble for traction, oh yeah!

Definitely brings life back to Aspec too. I add my own weight, drop the tires a level from default and drive clean. It reinforces GT5's title of Real Driving Simulator rather than Racing Simulator as the events are more along the lines of a Track Day. Almost like PD had programmed the AI to be raced against without any aids. hmm.

I really wish the AI wouldn't park more than ever now, it takes the sense of accomplishment away from outbraking them. Had a notion to start a new game from scratch with no ABS but not with that behavior.

I've been enjoying 2.09 a lot offline. Been running hot laps at DRC in the 63 GS Vette on RH's. So challenging bringing that old timer into turn 1 while the front tires scramble for traction, oh yeah!

Definitely brings life back to Aspec too. I add my own weight, drop the tires a level from default and drive clean. It reinforces GT5's title of Real Driving Simulator rather than Racing Simulator as the events are more along the lines of a Track Day. Almost like PD had programmed the AI to be raced against without any aids. hmm.

I really wish the AI wouldn't park more than ever now, it takes the sense of accomplishment away from outbraking them. Had a notion to start a new game from scratch with no ABS but not with that behavior.

Parking can be disabled in Arcade. A-Spec is basically useless after you've completed the game for everything except making more money and for racing against more specifically-themed fields. Arcade gets you better options(although a few are lacking), more cars and most importantly the ability to eliminate that parking BS. The main problem with it is the difficulty of getting a properly balanced field, particularly with a few specific cars and with tuned-up cars or high-grip tires. You also have to decide whether to have a long lonely run chasing down the rabbit or a good scrap with a whole bunch of mid-pack cars when setting up the field. And of course you have to keep editing your favorites list if you drive lots of cars.

But the real reason for my reply is that my brain is doing cartwheels trying to come up with a track that fits the acronym "DRC" so it can't paint me a proper picture of the Vette struggling to get a grip. :)

Daytona Road Course aka DRC, the almighty 1st left corner braking, I just did 20+laps onlne with F430 Scuderia, Cizeta V16T and Ferrari California, all stock on CM tire. The scariest part was Cizeta V16T going 290km/h braking into 1st corner with no ABS, whoaaa.

Daytona Road Course aka DRC, the almighty 1st left corner braking, I just did 20+laps onlne with F430 Scuderia, Cizeta V16T and Ferrari California, all stock on CM tire. The scariest part was Cizeta V16T going 290km/h braking into 1st corner with no ABS, whoaaa.

Thanks, it was driving me nuts. I even just read a post about your Daytona Road room and it didn't sink in. I went through every track I could come up with and just forgot that one was there I guess. Maybe it's partly because I just think of that as "Daytona." I'm a road racing guy and a Grand-Am fan so you have to add the "Speedway" or I automatically start thinking about about the roval and that frighteningly entertaining turn 1.

Parking can be disabled in Arcade. A-Spec is basically useless after you've completed the game for everything except making more money and for racing against more specifically-themed fields. Arcade gets you better options(although a few are lacking), more cars and most importantly the ability to eliminate that parking BS. The main problem with it is the difficulty of getting a properly balanced field, particularly with a few specific cars and with tuned-up cars or high-grip tires. You also have to decide whether to have a long lonely run chasing down the rabbit or a good scrap with a whole bunch of mid-pack cars when setting up the field. And of course you have to keep editing your favorites list if you drive lots of cars.

But the real reason for my reply is that my brain is doing cartwheels trying to come up with a track that fits the acronym "DRC" so it can't paint me a proper picture of the Vette struggling to get a grip. :)

Yeah, I'd been doing a lot of longer Arcades too but got tired of the same grids. Plus, I've been having lots of troubles with an impinged Ulnur nerve (funny bone nerve!) so pushing hard is kind of painful. Had to quit a couple of race leagues because of it. I'm kind of a slow poke now, heh. I've generally just been running all stock cars too, so many that I'd never tried being in race series that required tuning/ lots of practice laps etc...

Last edited:
I will open another practice no ABS room later on, and post the room number here. There will be comfort tire limitation as usual - great for trail braking practice, track will be mainly oriented for no ABS braking practice - Daytona Road Course, London Reverse, Madrid, Grand Valley Speedway, Suzuka, Fuji Speedway F, etc. Feel free to ask for a sprint race anytime, but I prefer no tuning and same model cars or at least similar models/pp - a lot more fun this way for me ( Evos, WRXs, R32-34 GTRs for example :) )

If anyone else opening a room for no ABS practice, please post the room number here, in case anyone interested to join in the fun :D

Okay, room is open, title : Practice noABS CS, track is at Daytona Road Course, comfort tires only.

Room Number : 1472-6118-3744-3750-8117

Please join in :D

Just got 2:09.xxx with Camaro SS at 51xpp on CM tires, barely able to top 260 km/h, the car has amazing braking stability.

Better my time with 2:08.5xx, slight increase in to 523 PP, 500HP Camaro SS is about right. Another few laps in, 2:06.856 !! I never thought Camaro SS could be quick with CM tire. I had one driver joined in just now, left after half a lap :( Another joined in and left without entering the track ...

EDIT : ROOM is now closed, nobody stays long enough for even one lap ... until next time :)

Last edited:
I'll join you soon Ridox, but we usually just miss each other being online at the same time.

I've not been racing with no ABS for long, but I like to think I'm picking it up quickly. Lap times with no ABS and ABS 1 are within tenths now. Now, for what I lose in braking compared to ABS 1, I re-gain by having the ability to get the rear around and the nose in better without ABS. I've also been able to pull some nice overtaking moves too, but I'm still no expert and it would be fun to race with you. From what I've seen of our lap times on certain events, we're pretty evenly matched apparently. 👍

@ Lewis_Hamilton_ :

I will be opening another room tomorrow around the same time, hope we can meet then or you can open a room and post the room number here, when I am online, I'll join in.

I don't think I am that fast compared to you :embarrassed:, but I'll try my best to be clean and fair.

@ Lewis_Hamilton_ :

I will be opening another room tomorrow around the same time, hope we can meet then or you can open a room and post the room number here, when I am online, I'll join in.

I don't think I am that fast compared to you :embarrassed:, but I'll try my best to be clean and fair.

What sort of time are you online?

And I'm sure you'll have the advantage as I usually drive on SH and CS tyres, so on CM's I'll most likely be going to deep into corners until I'm used to the lower grip.

Back