ABS 0 community where are you???

Bigbazz
ABS off in GT5 is completely different to any other sim with ABS off, even with the brake balance set I find many cars just rear locking all over the place with little pressure, some cars turn into death traps with the ABS off and the majority of the time it's so far from realistic I just don't see the point.

There are some cars that work great with ABS off, but the reality is that Kaz didn't do a great job of things overall in this area, just because you can drive it, that doesn't mean it's good or accurate.

Run a lower brake bias in the rear and it should correct that.

Run a lower brake bias in the rear and it should correct that.

I already said that in the post
"even with the brake balance set"
You could have atleast read the post before replying. This kind of reply has been the same reply I've had in these conversations since the game released, and my answer is always the same.

Already been setting the brake bias on the cars, running it at 0 on the rear in some to try to fix it, I can drive the cars I just find many of them are neither realistic nor enjoyable this way.

I already said that in the post You could have atleast read the post before replying. This kind of reply has been the same reply I've had in these conversations since the game released, and my answer is always the same.

Already been setting the brake bias on the cars, running it at 0 on the rear in some to try to fix it, I can drive the cars I just find many of them are neither realistic nor enjoyable this way.

he was just triyng to help, it is understood that ABS 0 is not for every one and there is nothing wrong with not doing ABS 0,

Bigbazz
I already said that in the post You could have atleast read the post before replying. This kind of reply has been the same reply I've had in these conversations since the game released, and my answer is always the same.

Yeah i am sorry i wasn't clear on that. But with it on 0 in the rear and still having that problem Huuuummm what do you have the front on and what car. I haven't seen this on but a few cars.

Mostly if i have that problem I can just try to focus on how hard I push the brake down. Sometimes I hate the wheel for this I am so quick to slam them. Takes a few mins to figure out how hard I can mash my foot down.

Cote Dazur
he was just triyng to help, it is understood that ABS 0 is not for every one and there is nothing wrong with not doing ABS 0,
From your post this is nothing new to you since you had those conversation since the release of the game. the thread is not: what do you think about ABS 0 it is ABS 0 commubity where are you?
Does not seem to me you are part of the ABS 0 community, are you?

Yeah i was just trying to help. I wasn't totally clear on what the problem was. It's ok. I further explained what i meant above

Yeah i am sorry i wasn't clear on that. But with it on 0 in the rear and still having that problem Huuuummm what do you have the front on and what car. I haven't seen this on but a few cars.

Mostly if i have that problem I can just try to focus on how hard I push the brake down. Sometimes I hate the wheel for this I am so quick to slam them. Takes a few mins to figure out how hard I can mash my foot down.

Yeah i was just trying to help. I wasn't totally clear on what the problem was. It's ok. I further explained what i meant above

To be honest it has been a long time since I properly played GT5 so I can't tell you what cars. I went through a whole bunch of cars before only finding a handfull I thought were worth using with ABS off, my usual reaction is that regardless of whether I can drive it with practice it just didn't feel realistic, how easy the rears locked and how deadly the car became simply because of how much you had to nurse the rears, it was like trying to drive a car with a completely screwed up rear braking system, driving it fast became a mission to learn how to drive around the issue.

Bigbazz
To be honest it has been a long time since I properly played GT5 so I can't tell you what cars. I went through a whole bunch of cars before only finding a handfull I thought were worth using with ABS off, my usual reaction is that regardless of whether I can drive it with practice it just didn't feel realistic, how easy the rears locked and how deadly the car became simply because of how much you had to nurse the rears, it was like trying to drive a car with a completely screwed up rear braking system, driving it fast became a mission to learn how to drive around the issue.

Ahhhhh ok. Well if you want to try something this usually corrects that problem but will take a little to get used to.

Ok you got a car that has that problem. We'll as you are braking hold the gas down and it will evenly slow the rear down with it being stable. But one very important thing is to find the perfect level of brake and gas to level the car out.

I use this method on my drift cars. Which I use ABS off then 0 in the front 7-9 in the rear (reason it acts as a e-brake. I have a DFGT so if you have one you would probably understand). Well when i get done with a section and i am slowing down if I let the RPMs drop just a tad bit the car will spin.
If i do the same thing but with the gas pedal say floored with the brake level with that for that dramatic effect it almost looks like engine braking but isn't but works pretty effectively.

You just need to try to find the amount of brakes and gas to make that work.

Try that and see what you come up with.

Do you calibrate pedals when you first go on track in GT5 by putting 100% input for both throttle and brake? If not, that should help. Balancing car with little bit of throttle helps with no ABS driving in GT5 too.

ABS off in GT5 is completely different to any other sim with ABS off, even with the brake balance set I find many cars just rear locking all over the place with little pressure, some cars turn into death traps with the ABS off and the majority of the time it's so far from realistic I just don't see the point.

My theory on why you are having trouble would be car setup. If you use any setups around GTPlanet that aren't made for ABS 0 then they are often a death trap. Setup for max turn-in and the only reason they work is because ABS 1 saves the tune from being a dog. If the car is tuned properly, then ABS 0 is no issue.

You have to drive differently. I would have assumed with you being a PC sim racer that ABS 0 would have been easy for you to become accustomed with. Brake in a straight line, lift off the brakes as you begin to turn in. Lifting off the brakes in a gentle manner is the most important part. Jumping off the brakes as you begin to turn in is just going to unbalance the car and spit you.

What track settings are you using? Is track grip set to real? If it is, and you brake off the racing line, you will find it much easier to lock the wheels. An effect not realized if you race ABS 1.

You also have to be aware of different tracks. Some are easier than others. Cote d Azur is one I have been racing this week, and it appears mostly flat, but the swimming pool chicane is deadly if you don't have the right car balance through there.

My theory on why you are having trouble would be car setup. If you use any setups around GTPlanet that aren't made for ABS 0 then they are often a death trap. Setup for max turn-in and the only reason they work is because ABS 1 saves the tune from being a dog. If the car is tuned properly, then ABS 0 is no issue.

You have to drive differently. I would have assumed with you being a PC sim racer that ABS 0 would have been easy for you to become accustomed with. Brake in a straight line, lift off the brakes as you begin to turn in. Lifting off the brakes in a gentle manner is the most important part. Jumping off the brakes as you begin to turn in is just going to unbalance the car and spit you.

What track settings are you using? Is track grip set to real? If it is, and you brake off the racing line, you will find it much easier to lock the wheels. An effect not realized if you race ABS 1.

You also have to be aware of different tracks. Some are easier than others. Cote d Azur is one I have been racing this week, and it appears mostly flat, but the swimming pool chicane is deadly if you don't have the right car balance through there.

First off I am a PC sim racer mostly, but thats just what I was saying, ABS 0 in GT5 is nothing like any PC sim I played, I personally just don't think it's realistic in general, regardless of how it compares to other sims.

But next up, in GT5 I drive almost exclusively stock road cars, never been one for modifying road cars personally and the racing cars don't really live up to the PC sim counterparts due to how weak the racing tyre model is, so i've stuck to mostly road cars. Don't get me wrong, i've said this a few times already but I can drive them, I just don't enjoy driving them and don't think that it's realistic, not enough to find it worth using for the majority of cars.

I intend to open a No ABS Open Lobby tonight for 400CS and 450SH cars, probably around 7pm EST. I will post the Room # in the Spot Race Forum and a link in here to it if anyone is interested. No, I won't change the PP/Tire combinations so if it doesn't interest you then it's probably not for you. I'd like to encourage some drivers new to ABS free driving to join and try it out as I have tested a few cars in this range and they are relatively easier to drive without ABS due to their lower speeds and power but still fun and challenging enough.

Check the link for details when I put it up...hope to see some of you there:tup:

[post=7863623]Room UP![/post]

CHUCK NORRIS EDIT: Some good racing tonight, exceptionally clean, not one first corner incident the entire night. No more than 7 at one time but some good racing nonetheless. The FR-S, GT12 and BRZ do exceptionally well in the 400-450 range as they showed up in a few races tonight. Thanks to everyone that turned out it was a fun night, we'll do it again sometime!!

The room is still open and still running the same types of cars as far as I know...

Last edited:
To be honest it has been a long time since I properly played GT5 so I can't tell you what cars.
Things have changed a lot with the last updates, playing with no ABS it's now a different thing. Try it.

Just opened up a no ABS room. All other aids off, grip real with fast tyre wear, spec and shuffle racing.

Room number is 1472-4711-0167-3382-4952

Hope to see some people there.

I am having connection issues now, and I suppose to race at Deadnutsevenracing hosted by JohnnyPenso soon ... will try to join in that room.

Tried, disconnected halfway :(

Last edited:
Just opened up a no ABS room. All other aids off, grip real with fast tyre wear, spec and shuffle racing.

Room number is 1472-4711-0167-3382-4952

Hope to see some people there.

Be a couple of hours but if I'm still kicking when I get done with the DeadNuts crowd, I may pop in for a looksee...💡

Johnnypenso
Be a couple of hours but if I'm still kicking when I get done with the DeadNuts crowd, I may pop in for a looksee...💡

Surprisingly, quite a few people have joined. I'm used to fewer numbers than I've seen tonight.

Look forward to racing you.

Surprisingly, quite a few people have joined. I'm used to fewer numbers than I've seen tonight.

^ also noticed that there are more and more ABS 0 users poping up, as time goes on the title of this thread grows more redundant in a good way !!!!

P.S. we have our last season 7 race tomorow evening, after that myself and my league mates will knocking about in ABS 0 public lobbys, add me and feel free to come join.

P.P.S if u send me a friend request just say that you are adding me after seeing this thread on GTplanet so i know who you are.

Hopefully see some of you soon :)

Couldn't make it. This running a race group on GTPlanet business is a lot of work...lol...:) But I'll keep an eye on the thread as I really want to work on my ABS0 skills. Most of the guys in DeadNutsEven run without ABS although it's not mandatory.

^ also noticed that there are more and more ABS 0 users poping up, as time goes on the title of this thread grows more redundant in a good way !!!!

Maybe soon, someone will start an "ABS1 Community, where are you?" thread..:sly:

It requires more talent than I possess to brake with the "square" button without A.B.S. on 1

I wouldn't even try it with DS3...lol...:) As it is I have bungee cords attached to my brake pedal and insulation stuffed behind it to get some feel going.

I intend to open a No ABS Open Lobby tonight this afternoon for 400CS to 500SM's, around 3-4pm EST. I will post the Room # in the Spot Race Forum and a link in here to it if anyone is interested. No, I won't change the PP/Tire combinations so if it doesn't interest you then it's probably not for you. I'd like to encourage some drivers new to ABS free driving to join and try it out as I have tested a few cars in this range and they are relatively easier to drive without ABS due to their lower speeds and power but still fun and challenging enough.

For those of you that don't know, I rule with an iron fist. So long as you are clean, you can stay forever, no matter how fast or slow you are. Cause an incident, apologize and move on. Repeated incidents will cause me to be concerned, even unintentional ones. If you are uncertain of your noABS skills in traffic that's ok, just start as normal, pull to the side to allow the field to pass (slow down only enough to let them pass, not so much you lose contact with the draft) and cruise around, gain some experience and build your confidence.

Last edited:
Room UP!

1472-6118-3744-3752-7355

CHUCK NORRIS EDIT: Wow, some spectacular and extremely close racing. Never more than 7 of us but nearly every win was contested by 2 or 3 cars and only one or two incidents of contact. Extremely fun..thanks a lot guys for coming out!!! Room might still be open...I have left but there were 3 there when I left so give it a look if you're interested.

Last edited:
Wow, some spectacular and extremely close racing. Never more than 7 of us but nearly every win was contested by 2 or 3 cars and only one or two incidents of contact. Extremely fun..thanks a lot guys for coming out!!!

I stumbled accross your room while searching in Open Lobby, glad I joined in the fun, had some great racing. It's only the second time I've raced without ABS, so it was good to have one win & 2 podiums out of the 4 races I had with you guys! :D

I still don't believe that ABS is some kind of magical assist that hides the true nature of the car, it just stops the wheels locking under braking, albeit a bit more efficiently than in real life. I don't think ABS 0 is more realistic either, but what I will say is this; having it off certainly adds another layer of intensity to the racing, one that I find frustrating, but strangely fun last night!

Cheers! :)

VBR
I stumbled accross your room while searching in Open Lobby, glad I joined in the fun, had some great racing. It's only the second time I've raced without ABS, so it was good to have one win & 2 podiums out of the 4 races I had with you guys! :D

I still don't believe that ABS is some kind of magical assist that hides the true nature of the car, it just stops the wheels locking under braking, albeit a bit more efficiently than in real life. I don't think ABS 0 is more realistic either, but what I will say is this; having it off certainly adds another layer of intensity to the racing, one that I find frustrating, but strangely fun last night!
Cheers! :)

You were exceptionally fast and clean, it was a lot of fun to race with you:)

You're right about ABS, leaving it off isn't more realistic, if anything it's actually less realistic because just about all cars have ABS these days. What it does is up the intensity, up the immersion into the game. With ABS on you can drive fairly mindlessly, brake anywhere at any time and rarely get into trouble. If you're a beginner or happy with things the way they are then ABS is great for you.

But with ABS off, you are on your toes the entire lap, and very conscious of pedal pressure, car balance, track position, other cars around you...etc. With a little practice it's not nearly as difficult as one may think at first and it's certainly revived my interest in the game. :cheers:

In [post=7815134]DeadNutsEven Racing Club[/post] ABS is optional, and about 50% of the guys race without it, some using cockpit view, gate shifter etc. Usually we are on Comfort or Sports tires as well. If anyone is wanting to learn to drive without ABS it's a great place to start because regardless of your skill level, you get a car that is exactly the same lap time as everyone else, so you don't have to focus on your pace and run last while trying to learn...unless you want to of course..👍👍

You were exceptionally fast and clean, it was a lot of fun to race with you:)

Right back at ya! :D Although I did hit you from behind on Deep Forest reverse. That braking zone as you go up through the tunnel towards the end of the lap was an absolute killer, rear end always wanted to step out. I found the braking easy on Clubman Reverse, didn't lock up once, but it was much harder on other tracks. My BB was 2/1 in my tuned 111R btw.

Thanks for the fun.

Back