ABS 0 community where are you???

What sort of time are you online?

And I'm sure you'll have the advantage as I usually drive on SH and CS tyres, so on CM's I'll most likely be going to deep into corners until I'm used to the lower grip.

14:00 GMT or 02:00 GMT / morning or night Eastern US Time.

When you are online, and see me online on PS3, just PM me or post a room number here, I periodically check the GTP threads.

We do not have to use CM tires, I am open to comfort or sports tires. I will also allow ABS for races, to keep things interesting :D

Its really cool to see this thread being used to get ABS 0 races going, it can be too hard just fumbling in the dark for an ABS 0 room.

I've just opened a room up for spec and shuffle, all aids off and grip on real. Usually I'll wait an hour and not one single person joins, hopefully someone from here will. I'm going to be training/learning rather than out right racing.

Room number is 1472-6118-3830-2744-0421

I'll be on for the next hour or two. Hope to see some names in there.

Just to note, that my connection is running beautifully as always tonight. About 105Mb/s download / 9.7Mb/s upload and pinging all the way across the pond in around 35ms. Everything is running so fast and smoothly 👍

Edit: Currently running the Volvo C30 from the recommended garage around Eiger Short Track Reverse, all aids off, CS tyres, fast fuel and tyre depletion and grip on real. Into the mid 1:19's by my fifth lap with a control pad, can see 1:18's soon. Would like to see how that compares to some of the Aliens here.

Last edited:
I've just opened a room up for spec and shuffle, all aids off and grip on real. Usually I'll wait an hour and not one single person joins, hopefully someone from here will. I'm going to be training/learning rather than out right racing.

Room number is 1472-6118-3830-2744-0421

I'll be on for the next hour or two. Hope to see some names in there.

Just to note, that my connection is running beautifully as always tonight. About 105Mb/s download / 9.7Mb/s upload and pinging all the way across the pond in around 35ms. Everything is running so fast and smoothly 👍

Edit: Currently running the Volvo C30 from the recommended garage around Eiger Short Track Reverse, all aids off, CS tyres, fast fuel and tyre depletion and grip on real. Into the mid 1:19's by my fifth lap with a control pad, can see 1:18's soon. Would like to see how that compares to some of the Aliens here.

Dang, I missed you :banghead::mad: Anyway, my time with the same car, track and online setting, no ABS is around 1:20.xxx ( my lounge ), still learning the reverse track, the lines are tricky. I am not an alien yet, and you seem to be faster than me:cheers:

Some of my time from previous online public room practice sessions :

All car are stock, CM tires, grip real, tire wear normal, no ABS, at Daytona Road Course
2:01.xxx in McLaren F1 '94
2:04.813 in Ferrari F430 Scuderia
2:07.xxx in Cizeta V16T

Madrid City Course, stock VW Scirocco R'10, CH tire, no ABS, tire wear normal, grip real, 1:52.xxx, while a stock Lancer Evolution '92 on CH tire, same deal, 1:53.xxx, slower than Scirocco R ??

Are these time can be considered fast ? I am sure alien drivers would be faster at least 3 seconds or more.

I am having such an awesome time with comfort hard tires, I can feel the Evo and Scrirocco R grip loss transition even on this tire, when trail braking hard into 1st hairpin on Madrid, I almost can feel the rear flexing and inner then outer rear tire gradually losing grip. Comfort medium gives slight threshold in grip loss, I can feel the bite compared to CH, and weight transfer have more impact on tire grip, long gone the icy feel of the tires, and this is on a stick 👍 nice update PD.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been explained before, but I got tired of reading the moaning about ABS being more then it should be. Short answer, as far as my experience goes, PD got it right. Other then very advanced things like the MP4-12C and GT-Rs that use brake steering/control, ABS does nothing to detect individual wheel lock-ups, it simply pumps the breaks automatically, raising and lowering the pressure so the tyre doesn't become overloaded for too long and starts to slide.
When on it helps with trail braking because this means you can get extra turning force as the brakes lift off slightly, but it does mean that if you can brake perfectly at the limit of grip, you can stop quicker with no ABS then with it on.
If you're struggling with stability, trail braking or turn-in, just pump the brake a bit towards the end of the braking zone and it should fix your problem.

Some of my time from previous online public room practice sessions :

All car are stock, CM tires, grip real, tire wear normal, no ABS, at Daytona Road Course
2:07.xxx in Cizeta V16T.

I can see you're online, but you haven't responded to my message to race yet :lol:

Just tried this combo with the same settings and dipped into the 2:04's on lap 4. It's very slippery though! There's a lot of torque going through those poor CM tyres, and the front sure do lock up easily below the 80mph mark.

I can see you're online, but you haven't responded to my message to race yet :lol:

Just tried this combo with the same settings and dipped into the 2:04's on lap 4. It's very slippery though! There's a lot of torque going through those poor CM tyres, and the front sure do lock up easily below the 80mph mark.

Sorry, I disabled the notification on my PS3, sent you message, I was racing with Onboy123 and Danbojte, great fun :) You should have checked my lounge and joined in.

Last edited:
I am still in a room now, you should be able to join in by clicking on the coffee cup on my profile under community tab. 2:46.xxx with stock Lancia Stratos on CH at Nurb GP/F, I think I dive into 2:45.xxx with better run.

Still no coffee cup appearing. Can you specify a room number, or at least what track you're currently racing on so I can narrow the search? Thanks.

It was nice to meet some recognisable names, even if it was only for a couple of races. Good fun, hope to do it again soon. 👍

Sorry about your connection Ridox, hopefully it works better next time.

Yeah, it was bad, my PS3 froze twice ... :( maybe due to variety of people joining from different continents ? I had several races before with Onboy123 ( HK ) and Danbojte ( Portugal i think ) - there were no issues, smooth.

There were input lag as well on my part or the screen refresh lag ? It was messy on my view :(

I had issues with certain GT5 tracks causing PS3 to shut down, deleted my game data, update to 2.09 again, still same issue ... maybe I need to backup and format my PS3 HDD ... will it remove the corrupt file issue ><" ?

Ridox2JZGTE
Yeah, it was bad, my PS3 froze twice ... :( maybe due to variety of people joining from different continents ? I had several races before with Onboy123 ( HK ) and Danbojte ( Portugal i think ) - there were no issues, smooth.

There were input lag as well on my part or the screen refresh lag ? It was messy on my view :(

I had issues with certain GT5 tracks causing PS3 to shut down, deleted my game data, update to 2.09 again, still same issue ... maybe I need to backup and format my PS3 HDD ... will it remove the corrupt file issue ><" ?

Try this.....

Note this down.
Cleaning ps3 from corrupt files

Do not skip any steps important not to.

1. Take usb flash drives and disc out of the ps3 then turn off the ps3
2. PRESS AND HOLD the power button till the ps3 turns on and then off. Then release your finger
3. Then PRESS AND HOLD your finger till you hear the double beep (you will hear the first beep then a second beep then a quick double beep) then release your finger.
4. You will then be prompted to "plug in your controller using a usb cable and Press the ps button
. Do that then STOP.

5. You will see a screen with 6 options.

For totally bringing the system to basically brand new nothing on it you choose option 3 (restore file system)

I have a fat ps3 and option three I use about once a week to keep my ps3 running smoothly and clean. I really don't want a slim.

I do suggest doing like every other week to keep the ps3 clean from corrupt files

Try this.....

Note this down.
Cleaning ps3 from corrupt files

Do not skip any steps important not to.

1. Take usb flash drives and disc out of the ps3 then turn off the ps3
2. PRESS AND HOLD the power button till the ps3 turns on and then off. Then release your finger
3. Then PRESS AND HOLD your finger till you hear the double beep (you will hear the first beep then a second beep then a quick double beep) then release your finger.
4. You will then be prompted to "plug in your controller using a usb cable and Press the ps button
. Do that then STOP.

5. You will see a screen with 6 options.

For totally bringing the system to basically brand new nothing on it you choose option 3 (restore file system)

I have a fat ps3 and option three I use about once a week to keep my ps3 running smoothly and clean. I really don't want a slim.

I do suggest doing like every other week to keep the ps3 clean from corrupt files

I have been doing that every time my PS3 shuts down on certain map on Battlefield BC2 and GT5 weather change tracks ( Suzuka and Monza ), when I restart, it will prompt for restore file system. It was useless, and when I keep on scrolling the icons on the game list under XMB while pressing triangle to show infos, it will randomly shut down. So, the issue seems to be some file corruption on game data files. I did clean install on GT5 many times to no avail, update my Battlefield BC2 twice after deleting the game data. And I still have shut down issue when playing certain maps or track - only these 2 games :(

Definitely not overheating, since I can watch Blurays for hours, I left my PS3 on for days on end, playing games, watching movies, downloading demos, no problem. Not a bluray lens issue or the disc issue, the game can be played at my friends place ( GT5 and BFBC2 ) without any issue, I can play other games like Dead Space ( read all from disc ) or MGS4 ( 2.0 full install ) without ever encountering such shut down.

I am backing up my PS3 now, then I will do a full format on the PS3 HDD, then restore the backup, will it also introduce the corruption issue or will cure the problem for GT5 and BFBC2 ?

Ridox2JZGTE
I have been doing that every time my PS3 shuts down on certain map on Battlefield BC2 and GT5 weather change tracks ( Suzuka and Monza ), when I restart, it will prompt for restore file system. It was useless, and when I keep on scrolling the icons on the game list under XMB while pressing triangle to show infos, it will randomly shut down. So, the issue seems to be some file corruption on game data files. I did clean install on GT5 many times to no avail, update my Battlefield BC2 twice after deleting the game data. And I still have shut down issue when playing certain maps or track - only these 2 games :(

Definitely not overheating, since I can watch Blurays for hours, I left my PS3 on for days on end, playing games, watching movies, downloading demos, no problem. Not a bluray lens issue or the disc issue, the game can be played at my friends place ( GT5 and BFBC2 ) without any issue, I can play other games like Dead Space ( read all from disc ) or MGS4 ( 2.0 full install ) without ever encountering such shut down.

I am backing up my PS3 now, then I will do a full format on the PS3 HDD, then restore the backup, will it also introduce the corruption issue or will cure the problem for GT5 and BFBC2 ?

I'll further explain in a bit... Phone is dying and i am about to be driving. So i will pm you some tips. Hopefully it will help

Update : Just did the restore, didn't do any good, still shutting down when loading Suzuka or Monza weather change, and BFBC 2 on certain map. I deleted GT5 gamedata to revert back to 1.0, no issues whatsoever, did some races at Monza and Suzuka weather change for 2 hours non stop, not a single shut down, so no HDD or lens or disc issue. Seems to be update file corruption .... I had these issues since getting 2.08 ... I am going to update again to 2.09 and re-download BFBC2 update. I also did full format before restoring my back up earlier.

I might delete some PSN games I have and some other digital download games, they might be the culprit ? I tried to play all of them, no shut down with them so far.

Sorry for the off topic guys :D

Will do incremental update one by one then test the weather change track, see which update causing the issue ...

Ridox2JZGTE
Update : Just did the restore, didn't do any good, still shutting down when loading Suzuka or Monza weather change, and BFBC 2 on certain map. I deleted GT5 gamedata to revert back to 1.0, no issues whatsoever, did some races at Monza and Suzuka weather change for 2 hours non stop, not a single shut down, so no HDD or lens or disc issue. Seems to be update file corruption .... I had these issues since getting 2.08 ... I am going to update again to 2.09 and re-download BFBC2 update. I also did full format before restoring my back up earlier.

I might delete some PSN games I have and some other digital download games, they might be the culprit ? I tried to play all of them, no shut down with them so far.

Sorry for the off topic guys :D

No problem. Well i just woke up. I have heard about that happening to people sorry that didn't help. The only specially if formatting didn't help wow.

Hopefully doing it again will fix it.

Maybe we should also make list of the leagues that are racing with ABS 0.

www.TheAutomotiveMayhem.com

We have a really good league here, running for over a year, were just finishing season 7 the lowest league 1 attendance was 12 out of 13 and thats over a two month season, everyone starts in league 2 with 3 promoted and 3 relegtaed every season, theres trophies and prizes for the champions every season and in the close season we race against other leagues.

We only have a couple of spaces free atm and we only take Europeans to combat any lag, but if your interested check out a few of videos https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=263705 ( p.s. Season 7 videos + commentary coming soon ) and get in contact with me.

Last edited:
No problem. Well i just woke up. I have heard about that happening to people sorry that didn't help. The only specially if formatting didn't help wow.

Hopefully doing it again will fix it.

I found the culprit, after updating to 1.06, GT5 runs fine on Monza and Suzuka weather change, but after getting into 1.07, shut down issue occur again when loading those 2 tracks :(, now I am just going all the way to 2.09, and avoid those 2 tracks :(. Really annoying .. then I'll have to upate BFBC2 again ... this shut down issue started when I have 4.30 OS and updated GT5 to 2.08, now I have 4.31 and still the same issue, only on these 2 games ...

Ridox2JZGTE
I found the culprit, after updating to 1.06, GT5 runs fine on Monza and Suzuka weather change, but after getting into 1.07, shut down issue occur again when loading those 2 tracks :(, now I am just going all the way to 2.09, and avoid those 2 tracks :(. Really annoying .. then I'll have to upate BFBC2 again ... this shut down issue started when I have 4.30 OS and updated GT5 to 2.08, now I have 4.31 and still the same issue, only on these 2 games ...

Huh... Sorry bro I guess maybe they will fix it later

www.TheAutomotiveMayhem.com

We have a really good league here, running for over a year, were just finishing season 7 the lowest league 1 attendance was 12 out of 13 and thats over a two month season, everyone starts in league 2 with 3 promoted and 3 relegtaed every season, theres trophies and prizes for the champions every season and in the close season we race against other leagues.

We only have a couple of spaces free atm and we only take Europeans to combat any lag, but if your interested check out a few of videos https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=263705 ( p.s. Season 7 videos + commentary coming soon ) and get in contact with me.

Thank you for the invite CJ,👍
I am not looking for an ABS0 league, because I am already in a league where we race with ABS0, Dead Nuts Even League
My suggestion is to have a list of ABS0 league in this thread so if someone is interested in finding where to race with ABS0, they would know where to go to try it.

found the culprit, after updating to 1.06, GT5 runs fine on Monza and Suzuka weather change, but after getting into 1.07, shut down issue occur again when loading those 2 tracks
Just curious, does anyone else has that issue? I have all the update, but I do not have the same issue.

I have a mclaren F1 (road car) race coming up, its 650pp, sports mediums, tuning allowed on the nordschlafe. Anyone here have a good ABS 0 tune for it, im usually pretty good with the tunes but with this one im struggling !!

I know its a bit off topic but where else do i have the ears of the abs 0 community !!

Last edited:
I'm still becoming acustomed to no ABS, but I'm driving without it everywhere now. Some tips from the Aliens would be welcome. Here's me doing the lastest British seasonal in a 485PP, no aids and no ABS, AC 427 with CS tyres. A few mistakes (and accidently corner cuts) were made. It would be interesting to see how those of who are used to no ABS get on with these races with this vehicle, no aids and PP, it's certainly one slippery combination. I'd like to know how far I'm trailing behind.

I use a pad by the way, but I should imagine the wheels users could still have some valuable input 👍. Thanks.

ABS off in GT5 is completely different to any other sim with ABS off, even with the brake balance set I find many cars just rear locking all over the place with little pressure, some cars turn into death traps with the ABS off and the majority of the time it's so far from realistic I just don't see the point.

There are some cars that work great with ABS off, but the reality is that Kaz didn't do a great job of things overall in this area, just because you can drive it, that doesn't mean it's good or accurate.

Back