ABS 0 community where are you???

VBR
I guess we'll never really know, unless PD tell us, which I doubt. Personally, I couldn't feel any difference when cornering after coming off the brakes with ABS on 0.

I'll send you an FR, try my shared cars, the Opel Speedster Turbo, Ferrari 458 Italia and Cobra 427, they were tuned with no ABS driving, try them with ABS:1 and your preferred BB, feel the difference not only when braking, but also when in mid corner, the felt less alive, sterile and easier to throw around corners with ABS. A good car to test is the Opel Speedster Turbo, without ABS, it's a mini Yellowbird, while with ABS, it behaves much civilized.

VBR
I guess we'll never really know, unless PD tell us, which I doubt. Personally, I couldn't feel any difference when cornering after coming off the brakes with ABS on 0.

MR & 4WD cars in game or IRL?

I find it strange that you are not able to feel how different the car are with ABS 0 or ABS 1, not talking about the way they brake of course, but the way they handle. It is more obvious on some car and with more interesting tyres, I don't know what is happening technically, but I can sure feel the difference.

That just means he leaves lots of skid marks, LOL! :sly:

Very funny, thank you for making me smile this morning

What kind of wheel are you using?

What kind of wheel are you using?

Logitech G25 with Nixim brake mod V2 (FFB 10), bolted to a Playseat Evolution. I don't use any other driver aids except for ABS set to 1. Also, I only drive untuned cars on appropriate tyres for the car, so do get to feel the full character of each vehicle.

VBR
Logitech G25 with Nixim brake mod V2 (FFB 10), bolted to a Playseat Evolution. I don't use any other driver aids except for ABS set to 1. Also, I only drive untuned cars on appropriate tyres for the car, so do get to feel the full character of each vehicle.

Congratulation,👍 you are very well equiped, still not sure why you are not feeling the difference, but I believe you, just puzzled as we seems to experience a different result from the same set of parameters.
The only difference is that I use FFB at 7, used to be at 10 but then to me lowering the FFB gave me back a better feeling as it seams that at 10 the FFB is saturating and does not transmit as much, typical case of less is more.
In any case, if you feel no difference, there is not much advantage for you, since ABS 0, at least to me, is about getting a better driving experience from a better response from the cars, and having a tougher time braking is the price we have to pay.

VBR

MR & 4WD cars in game or IRL?

Indeed.

I'd dismissed it before, but I really noticed it a few weeks ago using a front driver - I'd accidentally left ABS=1 and after a lap switched it off and restarted. There was understeer into the corner where there was none before. I thought it was my imagination again, so switched ABS back on and sure enough no understeer. The first corner at Tokyo is a good one to test IIRC.

Edit: It seems to be a fairly subtle effect - you may not notice if you are smooth and have good lines.

In game - sadly don't get the opportunity to thrash a variety of cars round a track in the real world.

Last edited:
I'm here. No ABS for a long time now. I love the increased response in the cars. I normally try and host 650PP Racing Hard No aids rooms. Nobody ever joins, so you can imagine my excitement upon seeing this thread! I love the feeling you get when you run a tight race with people with ABS and beat them, knowing the whole time you have to put so much more effort into modulating pressures, taking smooth braking lines, etc. And all they did was mash the brake. Hope to see some of you guys on track!

Last edited:
Theres no doubt in my mind that turning the ABS off affects more than just the braking, i find i have to be a lot more precise on the throttle as well as the brake, i think its just people trying to equate GT5 ABS and real life ABS which have a few differences imo.

Indeed.

I'd dismissed it before, but I really noticed it a few weeks ago using a front driver - I'd accidentally left ABS=1 and after a lap switched it off and restarted. There was understeer into the corner where there was none before. I thought it was my imagination again, so switched ABS back on and sure enough no understeer. The first corner at Tokyo is a good one to test IIRC.

Edit: It seems to be a fairly subtle effect - you may not notice if you are smooth and have good lines.

In game - sadly don't get the opportunity to thrash a variety of cars round a track in the real world.

To be fair, I've not treid that many cars with & without ABS to get to know if there is a difference in the general handling as well as under braking. I'd probably enjoy driving/racing with no ASB if I had Clubsport Pedals & could set them up with maximum pressure, I find the brake response far too light with my G25.

I'm happy to be a 'stopmerific pedal masher' for now! ;)

I just do what F1 drivers do. Hit the brakes and hope you don't gave the urge to turn while doing it. Hard to judge braking distance though

Even if I'm ABS 0 I don't play online anymore. My problems with GT5 are the boring loading screens, black screens, bugs, disconnections and all the pure gold by PD. Seriously I just hate being disconnected in the middle of the race. This will be the main reason I will not buy GT6 and PS4. I do not trust PD reliability whatsoever. I don't know how you can still play online, good luck with servers folks.

HKS racer
Even if I'm ABS 0 I don't play online anymore. My problems with GT5 are the boring loading screens, black screens, bugs, disconnections and all the pure gold by PD. Seriously I just hate being disconnected in the middle of the race. This will be the main reason I will not buy GT6 and PS4. I do not trust PD reliability whatsoever. I don't know how you can still play online, good luck with servers folks.

Turn voice chat to low or of and race quality to medium. Had no problem with 11 people in 4 hours

Most of my car have 9/5 BB, some even have 10/6, no ABS and DS2, brake as late as ABS drivers. It's all because of practice and practice. I did some tests at a shootout, the ABS alone hides most of the cars unique quirks and handling traits :

Ridox I still admire the fact how you can manage to run such high BB settings so comfortably haha yet doing so with a controller. Its quite impressive to say the least. I can tell you guys its no easy thing. I'm using a wheel already and still have a hell of a time figuring out how to run BB settings that high

alexlam24
Turn voice chat to low or of and race quality to medium. Had no problem with 11 people in 4 hours

Voice off, 8 or 10 players max, very, very rarely have disconnects.
Plus i cant stand people yacking away about crap while racing!

Ridox I still admire the fact how you can manage to run such high BB settings so comfortably haha yet doing so with a controller. Its quite impressive to say the least. I can tell you guys its no easy thing. I'm using a wheel already and still have a hell of a time figuring out how to run BB settings that high

:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed: I told you my secret already, I said it many times in this forum and it's even in my sig, DS2 stick controller with USB adapter:dopey: Anybody can do it, I am not special you know :sly: I can do high BB + no ABS with DS3, but it would be way too hard to be consistent and more likely than not, I will crash all over.

Last edited:
phil_75
Voice off, 8 or 10 players max, very, very rarely have disconnects.
Plus i cant stand people yacking away about crap while racing!

I can stand people, I just can't stand 8 year Olds tacking away. Was in a room yesterday... High pitched voice yelling into a Mic isn't exactly the best thing for your ears, then he kicked me because I was chatting with a friend. Weird logic

ABS off was the only way for me to get all golds in the licence tests:tup:

Can't really blame people for using only abs 1 though, it should have been part of the difficulty settings if you ask me. And don't forget about all the cars being on the same 5/5 brake bias default settings. Imo the cars that came stock with no abs shouldn't have it in the game. Everybody is so used to using ABS 1 and its almost impossible to find a ABS 0 race online.

ABS 0 isn't even that hard with the right brake bias setup. The default settings just scare people away from no ABS and PD is to blame for that.

Anyway, here is a video of me driving the hsv on Suzuka with no ABS. Its not really fast ( 1.58.xxx) because im just an average driver with a DS3 but you can see in the video that it's not all that hard to drive without ABS.

Haha I think for BB settings, I find that anything over a total of 10 is just outright outrageous and takes mad skill to pull of correctly. It just makes the brakes too strong and sensitive!! Imagine driving with that high of a BB in your real life car and being able to brake from 200 mph in less than 5 feet!!

Haha I think for BB settings, I find that anything over a total of 10 is just outright outrageous and takes mad skill to pull of correctly. It just makes the brakes too strong and sensitive!! Imagine driving with that high of a BB in your real life car and being able to brake from 200 mph in less than 5 feet!!

Check here, I have shared my replay for testing the FR-S, BRZ, and 86GT, all done with BB 9/6, no ABS, grip real, comfort hard tires, London Reverse. File sizes are around 200kb+. You can see how much brake pressure used with high BB - red bar. Times are around 1:10.xxx

Test drive replay

They must be something wrong with your set up, I race every Monday in a Parity league, we have done more than 50 events and it is more than exeptional if we have any issues. most of time 7 or 8 racers at the time on track, racing very closely,:) that is the beauty of parity racing. The events last 1h30 to 2h00. 👍
So it is reliable if you have a proper connection, as for example, if I travel and try to connect from the wifi in the hotel room, it does not work in a reliable way:tdown:.

Okay no ABS drivers, I have a room open, no ABS, no TCS, no ASM, no SRF, comfort tires only, grip real, no collision, tire wear/fuel consumption, slipstream weak. Track currently at Monza with Weather. Room title : Trackday. Room Number :

1472-6681-3115-0601-3552

Room open for another hour or so :D

I've asked this before but I can't remember the answer or it was ignored. Anyway.
What is the difference between. 5/5, 7/7, 10/10 or any other equally numbered brake bias ?
I'm not too sure.

The higher the number, the earlier you're able to lock up wheels (with equally numbered values, usually rear wheels first).
In other words you're making brakes more sensitive.

This is why brake settings aren't very intuitive: they do not directly represent a ratio, but rather brake strength (or sensitivity) for each axle. The difference in brake strength between both axles determines the bias.
Caveat: to make things even less intuitive, a value of 0 (zero) still applies a significant braking force (although it's generally not able to lock up front wheels with any tire).

Last edited:
Higher number means stronger brake force applied to the wheel. For instance, I am running 10/6 BB, above 55% red bar on HUD filled, at low speed below 60mph, very likely the front will lock up, more chances with lower grade tires - CH or CM. The new update makes no ABS braking much more precise, I can feel more grip as well on sports and comfort tires - both lateral and longitudinal. Slip and grip transition also very progressive now, tried with BRZ at Monza rain with CH, no ABS, 9/6 BB. Even 430 Scuderia stock with CM tires handles so good :D

Join my room : 1472-6681-3115-0601-3552

I have given the host duty to someone else ... need to take a break.

Last edited:
I've asked this before but I can't remember the answer or it was ignored. Anyway.
What is the difference between. 5/5, 7/7, 10/10 or any other equally numbered brake bias ?
I'm not too sure.

5/5 or any variant of the same number front and back applies equal brake pressure to front and back brake, the higher the number the more violent the braking, the less control you have on your braking. Ideal value is what give you shortest distance with good control thru the pedal modulation.
Equal value are usualy not so good as you almost always need less in the back. My favorite are most a time a variation of 4/0, remember zero does not mean none, it is just the minimum braking pressure. I usualy drive tyre range from CM to SM.
The weight distribution of the car usualy give a good start, as a more weight usualy need more pressure, for example I often set 4/1 on a sport car as usualy they have a variation of 47/53 % weight distribition.

A good way to see if high BB is used when driving without ABS is by looking at the red brake bar during replay, with high BB like mine, when I brake deep and hard, I never have more than 70% red brake bar filled and yet I can still out brake most ABS driver. Low BB will most likely fill 100%, more so with ABS driver.

:( Nobody is joining my track day room ...

I remember one time my friend and I were in a room with a kid. He saw us using 0 ABS (we're expiramenting with cars). He was talking to himself on the mic saying "0 abs? Challenge accepted." We raced him on the Nordschleife. First corner he locks up, spins, and rage quits. What happened to practicing with ABS?

Back