Alonso at Ferrari for 2010

• Thread starter orimarc
  • 150 comments
It's like Ferrari threw out Kimi a year early to get Fernando Alonso...:lol::lol::lol:
You should see the smug look of satisfaction on my face. Toma!

I love it! :lol:

Finally Alonso the world's best driver in the Ferrari! (Well, each to their own)

Great battle it was :sly: Thanks for posting 👍 Massa was acting like a little biotch there at the end though :lol: All I can say is that next year is going to be INSANE! :)

Alonso the World's best driver? What planet are you living on? Lewis 'the rookie' handed him a proper ass whooping in his year at McLaren and all Alonso did was cry like a spoilt brat... if he trully was the best driver in the World he would have done his talking on the track, not to the Spanish media.

And god help McLaren if they sign Kimi... he's a complete waste of a good salary... a slacker extrodinaire... but then again, if you can earn $30 million a year for turning up 1 race in 5 or 6 it's not a bad crack I suppose.

Alonso the World's best driver? What planet are you living on? Lewis 'the rookie' handed him a proper ass whooping in his year at McLaren and all Alonso did was cry like a spoilt brat... if he trully was the best driver in the World he would have done his talking on the track, not to the Spanish media.

Mercedes never really supported him. Dot.

Support him how exactly? He was very highly paid to do a job. He had his own personal advisors/managers/agents. Did he also need Ron to put his arm round his shoulders and say 'of course we love you Fernando', 'You're the best Fernando' when he wasn't able to keep up with Lewis? He should have grown some testicals and acted like a man.

Support him how exactly? He was very highly paid to do a job. He had his own personal advisors/managers/agents. Did he also need Ron to put his arm round his shoulders and say 'of course we love you Fernando', 'You're the best Fernando' when he wasn't able to keep up with Lewis? He should have grown some testicals and acted like a man.

They've just supported Hamilton. There were team members who didn't actually know he's able to speak english, so please, come on... Additionally, Mercedes did winter tests only with Hamilton... Well, they concentrated only at him. Noone ever supported Fernando from the Mercedes Team, in my eyes.

EDIT: Oh, wait... You're from London... I know why you like Hamilton and don't like Alonso... Well, each to their own 👍

He was more than happy to get the royal treatment at Renault though wasn't he... a car specifically set up for him (loads of understeer).

Let's see how he get's on at Ferrari... Massa has a long history at Ferrari, has Schumi as his mentor/sponsor and is clearly the golden boy within the team... Alonso just might find he's got a big case of de ja vu.

He was more than happy to get the royal treatment at Renault though wasn't he... a car specifically set up for him (loads of understeer).

Let's see how he get's on at Ferrari... Massa has a long history at Ferrari, has Schumi as his mentor/sponsor and is clearly the golden boy within the team... Alonso just might find he's got a big case of de ja vu.

Massa and Alonso... Two different characters and Massa is another topic.

Laughing so hard. :lol: Great joke! :)

Agreed. If alonso isnt clearly the supported driver at Ferrari next year, expect him to kick, scream and throw his toys out of the pram

And god help McLaren if they sign Kimi... he's a complete waste of a good salary... a slacker extrodinaire... but then again, if you can earn $30 million a year for turning up 1 race in 5 or 6 it's not a bad crack I suppose.

Proper ass whooping? Sorry but I didn't see it, even despite Fernando's drama within the team.

2007 Championship standings:

2 Lewis Hamilton 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 3 3 9 1 5 2 4 1 Ret 7 109
3 Fernando Alonso 2 1 5 3 1 7 2 7 2 1 4 3 1 3 Ret 2 3 109

And as far Kimi goes, he's the points leader through the 2nd half of this season, even in a dog of a car (probably only 4th or 5th best on the grid)... so yea, he's slacking much. Funny how one dissapointing season (in a car that didn't work for him) can influence one's view of a driver so much :lol:

Last edited:
Proper ass whooping? Sorry but I didn't see it, even despite Fernando's drama within the team.

2007 Championship standings:

2 Lewis Hamilton 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 3 3 9 1 5 2 4 1 Ret 7 109
3 Fernando Alonso 2 1 5 3 1 7 2 7 2 1 4 3 1 3 Ret 2 3 109

True! And if Mercedes would have not did that crap in Hungary, he would've easily become champion. 👍

Did he also need Ron to put his arm round his shoulders and say 'of course we love you Fernando', 'You're the best Fernando' when he wasn't able to keep up with Lewis? He should have grown some testicals and acted like a man.
Turn the names around and oddly enough you'll find out that's exactly what happened. It depends on you whether you want to see it or not though.

For some reason I haven't seen you going all nuts about McLaren giving the same treatment to Hamilton three years in a row. The car is built to his preferences and the other guy has to do whatever possible with it, usually not much. Got those Union Jack glasses on again?

Turn the names around and oddly enough you'll find out that's exactly what happened. It depends on you whether you want to see it or not though.

For some reason I haven't seen you going all nuts about McLaren giving the same treatment to Hamilton three years in a row. The car is built to his preferences and the other guy has to do whatever possible with it, usually not much. Got those Union Jack glasses on again?

I have to echo what Greycap said. Look, everything depends on who is actually looking at the situation. Noone has the same opinion...

So damn true!

:D

I have to confess that I'm just stirring it up a bit... to be honest, this is about as exciting as F1 gts nowadays for me... well, this and the first 20 seconds of each GP.

I followed F1 religiously for almost 20 years... but it's just too boring now... MotoGP has been my love for the past few years.

I appoligise for a bit of minor trolling... though I stand by my de ja vu comment... I do think Fernando will find Ferrari just as tough a cluture to break in to as McLaren.

Just to be clear... I'm not a Lewis fan... personally I think he's as arrogant and self centred as the rest of them.

I have to confess that I'm just stirring it up a bit... to be honest, this is about as exciting as F1 gts nowadays for me... well, this and the first 20 seconds of each GP.

I followed F1 religiously for almost 20 years... but it's just too boring now... MotoGP has been my love for the past few years.

I appoligise for a bit of minor trolling... though I stand by my de ja vu comment... I do think Fernando will find Ferrari just as tough a cluture to break in to as McLaren.

Just to be clear... I'm not a Lewis fan... personally I think he's as arrogant and self centred as the rest of them.

Fair enough :cheers:

I'm willing to bet that Alonso will show Massa up next season though, even if Massa is able to 100% fully recover. His eye still has me a bit worried though :nervous:

Don't ask me what's wrong with the audio :odd:

fewwww ... reading down the page I was getting worried that this would turn into a LH/FA 2007 thread, but thanks to Stotty it all returned to peace 👍

My take on the Alonso/Massa relationship is, to be honest, that we will see two Ferrari one-car teams all season, at least until we get one of them out of the championship race.

Hopefully, their driving style is so different that they won't find the other car's setup interesting or useful :D

That's great. :) I've to apologize, too. Maybe I was too harsh. Sorry for that, Stotty and the rest of GTP!

That's a point 👍

My take on the Alonso/Massa relationship is, to be honest, that we will see two Ferrari one-car teams all season, at least until we get one of them out of the championship race.

Hopefully, their driving style is so different that they won't find the other car's setup interesting or useful :D

That would be great!

Have to grin right now :D

I'll pitch in again... but hopefully constructively this time ;)

I can't remember a top team running successfully with 2 drivers of trully equal standing - they might be called 'equals' externally, but there's always a favorite within a team and as a result, the other driver feels less welcome.

Massa has a huge history with Ferrari... for Alonso to break in to that world will require more than just good driving... he'll need the personality and social skills to make the team like him. Might be different for him this time as he's not going as World Champion - whoever people think was ultimately at fault for his nightmare year at McLaren, he did go with the pretty arrogant attitude of 'I'm number one, I deserve the best car etc'. Hopefully he's a bit older and mature now, and not going as WC will make him approach the move with a little more humility.

Edit: Also, teams are generally more successful when they have one driver to concentrate on... focuses the organisation. If Ferrari are trying to run 2 separate teams then they'll be splitting their resources... not the most efficient or effective use.

Edit 2: Nenad... nothing for you to appoligise for mate 👍

Last edited:
Stotty, Ferrari ran successfully Massa and Raikkonen, neither complained about favouritism towards the other (at least, not that I can recall).

I think Ferrari is also the best team to achieve that. Because, in Ferrari, you drive for them, not the other way.

Do you think Kimi has ever really settled at Ferrari?

I think most would say he "settled" too much. I am sure after winning the WDC he was treated very well at Ferrari. Probably before as well. He seems to like the people there, but with him you can never really tell.

One thing for sure is it is going to be a lot different with Alonso's outgoing personality at Ferrari. Kimi and Massa were like opposites, now its like they have 2 Massas. I don't think that is going to be a problem. I just hope Alonso acts like a mature professional.

Interesting comments from Rubens:

Q. How do you see Fernando Alonso will suit Ferrari?

RB: I think it's case of love there. There's been talks about Fernando going to Ferrari for the past two years and there were times when he was certain he would go there and there were times when it didn't look so firm. For me it came as a surprise that they announced it this early, especially because they had a contract with Kimi.

I think for the tifosi it's a real case of love. He was wishing for this so badly and Ferrari as well. When it's like that, and he's Latin and so warm, I think it's going to be easy to gel and it's going to be good. Fernando is a top-class driver. For me he's on the level of Michael Schumacher and he can really be on the top. I just wish my friend Felipe Massa can hold on to him, because I think he's going to be the guy to beat.

Interesting comments from Rubens:

Interesting comments from Massa:

f1-live.com
Felipe Massa has got his 2010 pairing at Ferrari with Fernando Alonso off to an awkward start, asserting that the Spaniard's controversial win in Singapore last year "robbed" him of the world championship.

The Brazilian, who is recuperating from serious head injuries and set to return as Alonso's team-mate next season, suggested that the 28-year-old should have been disqualified as the winner of F1's first night race over the 'crash-gate' affair.

"All of what happened was robbery - but regarding the race nothing has happened, the result remains the same. This is not right," Massa told Brazilian Globo television.

"The robbery changed the outcome of a championship and I lost," he added, referring to Ferrari's botched pitstop that was triggered by the safety car period to clear Nelson Piquet's deliberately crashed Renault.

Massa said he cannot understand why F1's results are set in stone just weeks after the end of each championship, even when serious race-fixing later comes to light.

"I have seen in football how a referee took money to throw a game and all the suspect results were annulled," he charged.

"In Italy, Juventus were relegated. But here they just sent Briatore home. I don't get it and I don't think it was right."

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Well expect the unexpected... We could have a reverse season back to 2007 style :P

But this time, it's between Massa and Alonso but with different story to begin with...

EDIT : Somebody could make a movie of this!!! Gonna make it to the top of the Box Office chart!!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back