American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments

When do we qualify?

• Night of, right before the race

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich77
I'm interested but why only one GTC car? Surely there's more than one in GT5?

Because that's what it is IRL.
It's a one make class using the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Cars.
But sadly, we don't have those in GT5, so I made it a Ferrari Challenge class. :)

Interested in running LMP

Please let me know what cars to choose from. I got a lot of them.

gogatrs
Because that's what it is IRL.
It's a one make class using the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Cars.
But sadly, we don't have those in GT5, so I made it a Ferrari Challenge class. :)

Oh thats kind of disappointing lol I didn't know that. Put me on interested for GTC, I'll see if I can attend all the races enough to be full time.

Rich77
Oh thats kind of disappointing lol I didn't know that. Put me on interested for GTC, I'll see if I can attend all the races enough to be full time.

Awesome!
Yes, the RUF RGT was considered, but I decided that the Ferrari would be better.

Awesome!
Yes, the RUF RGT was considered, but I decided that the Ferrari would be better.

Plus it's a premium:tup:

Ok I've decided to be officially signed into this, it looks promising. Still for GTC. Now I just need a teammate 💡

PSN: Rich77
Class: GTC
Car: F430
Teammate: not yet

gogatrs from FIA thread
I'm going to be leaving it on variable for the ALMS race on Friday and there's nothing you can do to stop me!
lol
We're racing this Friday? I thought the season didn't start yet? Being that you didn't post a schedule and there's no specs up for GTC. I mean don't get me wrong I'm all for pre-season racing, I love it (plus it's good teamie scouting).

Last edited:
I also vote for a rolling start. I feel like I need traction control for launching and a rolling start seems more in tune with real Le Mans racing. So excited about this season!

Tower Turn 13
I also vote for a rolling start. I feel like I need traction control for launching and a rolling start seems more in tune with real Le Mans racing. So excited about this season!

With this we should get real traction loss too

im interested. Put me down for LMP. I have to get home to decide which car to use though. I cant wait to race :)

PSN NAME: Blaze_409
Number: 18
Class:LMP
Car: To be decided

Where is the list of LMP's. Did I miss it in the op? Thinking I read it still being sorted.

gogatrs
2nd Post. :)

See it now. Did you guys post it after my entry post? All I seen was no R8 warning.

However I am on the GTPlanet app and it can be goofy. A lot of threads op's I have to open in safari to see all of them. Which maybe I should report that as a problem. Caused me to miss a race. Time change and the op was updated. Never showed up in thus app. Went to PC and bam a link to your local time zone and all was there. :(

Looking like I want that Audi R10 or 787B

Assuming these cars are being tested. If you guys need some help. I would be willing to join a lobby and use a few different cars and log lap times.

Also I think there is a couple others that are racing LMP's. Might be worthy of seeing how they sorted the cars.

OwensRacing
See it now. Did you guys post it after my entry post? All I seen was no R8 warning.

However I am on the GTPlanet app and it can be goofy. A lot of threads op's I have to open in safari to see all of them. Which maybe I should report that as a problem. Caused me to miss a race. Time change and the op was updated. Never showed up in thus app. Went to PC and bam a link to your local time zone and all was there. :(

Looking like I want that Audi R10 or 787B

Assuming these cars are being tested. If you guys need some help. I would be willing to join a lobby and use a few different cars and log lap times.

Also I think there is a couple others that are racing LMP's. Might be worthy of seeing how they sorted the cars.

A bit off topic but if you click anywhere in the post I find it displays the post better formatted to it's original.

The LMP regs will be the same as BermudaKid's LMP Championship.
So we should be good when it comes to that class. :)

PSN: OwensRacing
Class: LMP
Car: Peugeot 908 Team Oreca / Toyota 1
Teammate: TBA

Cars in preferred order. Picked two due to availability issues.

I will need a teammate. Anyone in the EST zone is preferred basically someone free from 5pm-12am evenings/nights for testing. Maybe use the Other Peugeot.

Last edited:
PSN: t_ray_z28
Class: any available, surprise me!
Car: Depending on class, prefer these cars in this order...

LMP
Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Toyota GT-ONE

GT

Corvette
Viper ACR
Ferrari 458

GTC

That's a tough choice!

I am disappointed to see Audi go, but I think it would have dominated. I think I will be happy with the BMW M3. I presume you mean the premium 2007 M3 and not the GTR.

PSN: Blangadanger
Class: GT
Car: BMW M3 Coupe (2007)
Teammate: TBD

PSN: mockingbird00000
Class: GT
Car: Ford GT spec II test car or Ferrari 458 (not sure yet)
Teammate: Jav
That Ferrari is such a sexy car! I wanna go with that, but that Ford is so good... Desisions desisions...

Jav
That Ferrari is such a sexy car! I wanna go with that, but that Ford is so good... Desisions desisions...

Yeah, the Ferrari is sexy. But the Ford GT just has such amazing handling and traction, I'm getting spoiled driving it (now that I actually CAN drive it). :) The 458 is a nice car and I'm okay either way, but I figured a.) lots of newbies are gunning for that car and b.) I would love to be competitive with Mitch and FH with something not everyone is driving or necessarily wants.

Just a thought. But once again I'm not super partial.

BTW does anyone know how a rolling start would work? I wasn't aware it was an option for online racing. Would we have to do a "pace lap" where we kept our positions/a certain speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back