American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments

When do we qualify?

• Night of, right before the race

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we'd need to do a pace lap, which is a good thing tho as you can build some heat into your tires before the start.

Yeah we'd need to do a pace lap, which is a good thing tho as you can build some heat into your tires before the start.

That'd be actually pretty awesome. Would be interesting to pull the nissan pace car out there if it wasn't for the fact it would take up a racing slot :)

Car is working pretty good, just gave me a 3:47.004 at 555/1167...

Jav
Car is working pretty good, just gave me a 3:47.004 at 555/1167...

Which car? I would have joined you guys last night but I didn't get off work until 2:30 am where I live and I was exhausted. But I should be on sometime today. Which car should I test? are we going for the Ford GTs still this Friday?

PSN: TK42OnE
Class: GT
Car: Undecided (Leaning toward the Aston Martin, what's the deadline for a definite decision?)

Teammate: None

Since the only restrictions listed on GT cars are power and weight, we can use racing softs, full aero, full tuned suspension, transmission, etc?

PSN: TK42OnE
Class: GT
Car: Undecided (Leaning toward the Aston Martin, what's the deadline for a definite decision?)

Teammate: None

Since the only restrictions listed on GT cars are power and weight, we can use racing softs, full aero, full tuned suspension, transmission, etc?

I'll let gogatrs give the definite answer to this, however if the rules are the same as season 1 then yes, you can use any tires, all tuning (so long as you limit the engine or use a ballast if weight reduction). All aids except skid force recovery. In fact, I find that your personal setup for these races plays a big factor in how well you do. Except in my case where my 430 kept mysteriously coming in last place... :)

Which car? I would have joined you guys last night but I didn't get off work until 2:30 am where I live and I was exhausted. But I should be on sometime today. Which car should I test? are we going for the Ford GTs still this Friday?

was using the Ford GT

OK guys, sorry I just had a dead period.
Deadline for your deffinite car choice is going to be in a couple weeks, however, I'd like to get your class down ASAP.
For the rolling start, we are going to use the same process that Jav uses in his FIA series, so I'll let him explain that process. :)

Rules for GT are about to go through a complete change, so hold off on your car choice for that...

LMP, I'm waiting on BermudaKid. Since his league is dedicated to LMP's and they're on their 3rd season, they're cars are quite even and have gone through ALOT of testing.
Is there anything I missed?

I'm going to work on making the OP look pretty now...
Gimme a couple minutes.

I'm interested. Not sure what class yet. I'm thinking about GT. Looking for a teammate if anyone's interested.

PSN: stupidstormy36
Class: Undecided (GT most likely)
Car: Undecided
Teammate: Looking for one

Last edited:
Deadline for your deffinite car choice is going to be in a couple weeks, however, I'd like to get your class down ASAP.
For the rolling start, we are going to use the same process that Jav uses in his FIA series, so I'll let him explain that process. :)

Rules for GT are about to go through a complete change, so hold off on your car choice for that...

LMP, I'm waiting on BermudaKid. Since his league is dedicated to LMP's and they're on their 3rd season, they're cars are quite even and have gone through ALOT of testing.

Gimme a couple minutes.

did you see my previous post about car and class preference? I'll take whatever slot is open with whatever car is available still in the order posted. just let me know what I'll be working with!

Guys, fair warning, the people that competed in season 1 are guaranteed a spot in season two.
But other than that, this is going to be first come, first serve, 5 cars per class.

Well, if I can't do GT, put me down for GTC then. Or vice-versa, or whatever's convenient for you..

Guys, fair warning, the people that competed in season 1 are guaranteed a spot in season two.
But other than that, this is going to be first come, first serve, 5 cars per class.

Well, if I can't do GT, put me down for GTC then. Or vice-versa, or whatever's convenient for you..

I'll do any of the 3! Just tell me what to work with! I'm ready to go! :sly:

Gimme a couple minutes.

So LMP is going to be the same regs as Bremuda's LMP season 3 regs? Maybe I'll use the 787B then as I'm running it in his series, lol. J/k I'll drive something different. Still GT-One or R10.

t ray and stormy, I'm going to put you both in GTC since we have the least amount of competitors in that class if you're OK with that.
If not, just post. :)

t ray and stormy, I'm going to put you both in GTC since we have the least amount of competitors in that class if you're OK with that.
If not, just post. :)

That's fine with me.

Ok so with the 5 cars per class rule, are we gonna be able to run 2 of the same car or are we going to have only 1 of each for diversity?

Jav
Ok so with the 5 cars per class rule, are we gonna be able to run 2 of the same car or are we going to have only 1 of each for diversity?

Prefferably, we will have two teams of two and one solo guy for each class...

If there are only 5 cars per class, where is the extra car going to fit in? Is it the pace car? If so, I volunteer for it. If not, I'll still do the GTC class.

stupidstormy36
If there are only 5 cars per class, where is the extra car going to fit in? Is it the pace car? If so, I volunteer for it. If not, I'll still do the GTC class.

I don't think a pace car will be necessary.
It's always cool to have one.
I think that we will just pull of a reserve driver from the list to be pace car...

Seriously. I don't mind. Besides, I want to put my GTR Pace to good use instead of it just collecting dust. :)

stupidstormy36
Seriously. I don't mind. Besides, I want to put my GTR Pace to good use instead of it just collecting dust. :)

Seriously, I want you on the grid, not leading it.
Errr, I worded that poorly, I don't want you in the pace car, I'd prefer to have you racing. :)

Seriously, I want you on the grid, not leading it.
Errr, I worded that poorly, I don't want you in the pace car, I'd prefer to have you racing. :)

Don't worry, I get what you are saying. And thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back