American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments

When do we qualify?

• Night of, right before the race

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only live about an hour and a half from Lime Rock. :)

It's quite nice.
We go there for all sorts of things.
Daytona Prototypes, ALMS, a few Skip Barber events, F2000 (one of my karting buddies IRL races in this), and of course I do some karting on the autocross track. :)

That must be awesome living close to Lime Rock. Granted I live about the same distance from Dover (NASCAR) but I find that sooo boring. I could easily see that turning into a tradition, going to the ALMS race.

I hate you guys right now... closest thing I live near is Kansas speedway, and thats still 2 hours, over priced, and nothing I'm that willing to see.. :ouch:

I feel like an idiot.:lol:
After putting the season 1 finale of the ALMS on to the Triple Crown I didn't even think to put this seasons finale on.:lol: About to do it now.:)

akmuq
I feel like an idiot.:lol:
After putting the season 1 finale of the ALMS on to the Triple Crown I didn't even think to put this seasons finale on.:lol: About to do it now.:)

Just read through it quick, clever idea 👍

I live right between you two, gogatrs and Rich77. :lol: Useless information, but whatever. I'd love to race in real life, but time and money, not on my side as of late.

By the way, I am still looking for a teammate if anybody's interested, please.

You sure?
You don't want a teammate?

I'm too inconsistent with my schedule to be a reliable enough teammate. And I appreciate the desire to have some diversity in the cars.

picture.php

Guess what I've been doing :P.​
Best so far is a 3:37.926.

Last edited:
I live about 45 minutes away from Road Atlanta (which I go to several times a year) and about an hour away from Atlanta Motor Speedway (though I've never been there before).

Wait so are we going with stock weight/hp for all cars? The rules for the season don't reflect that, at least not for the Italia. Just wondering before I go and drop weight off of my car (I hate the ballast and would rather just keep the weight equally distributed if possible)

Wait so are we going with stock weight/hp for all cars? The rules for the season don't reflect that, at least not for the Italia. Just wondering before I go and drop weight off of my car (I hate the ballast and would rather just keep the weight equally distributed if possible)

I can't speak for the other cars, but the regulations for the DB9 are not stock. The weight is, but I think the HP goes up into the 550's, while the regs here call for 547.

Yeah those first couple posts are what I'm looking at, but there's been discussion of "stock weight/hp" a few pages back. I guess I'll hold off on weight reduction until it gets a little more clarified.

P.S. 3:41.751 @ Sarthe w/the ford GT test car. I can't recall what my best time in my lounge was, though.

P.S.S. I think the discussion was about the 430 challenge class, so I'm just going to go by the regs that are up.

Last edited:
The GTC class will be the only class that uses stock weight/HP.
That's the only class that doesn't have the rules up to date. :(
I'll change it now.
Sorry for the confusion.

I assume there's going to be no way to prevent upgrading the **** out of the F430, then downtuning?

Do we want to allow that?
I trust most of you.
I've never seen a couple of these guys, they're the only ones that would worry me.
Do we use the honor system? Or do we say all tuning is allowed?
Up to you guys.

I've got A LOT of bad news. :(

1) I've got a baseball game on Friday and most likely won't get home until around 8:00. :( This means that I will be late with opening the room at the scheduled time. So I'll leave you guys with two choices for this: someone can open the room up at 7:30, or we can just wait until I'm ready at the usual time (8:30)

2) Next Friday, I'm skipping school and going to New Jersey to brake in my brand new kart engine and learn the track there. :)
But sadly, I'm going for two full days, well sad for the reason that I'm going to miss a preseason race. :) So someone can open a lobby that night at the normal time. (8:30)

3) PSN is STILL down!

4) This is only bad news for you guys, but my car is tuned to be a complete beast!

All times are in EST.
Sorry about all this guys (not so much number four)

I trust most of you.
I've never seen a couple of these guys, they're the only ones that would worry me.
Up to you guys.

I figured it was allowed... I kind of already set one up! :dopey:

I trust most of you.
Up to you guys.

I say allow all tuning, as long as the car meets the regulations it's all good!

Jav
I say allow all tuning, as long as the car meets the regulations it's all good!

Agreed. The flywheels for shifting, the rigidity adjustment, suspension and whatnot would all be done in the real series anyway, right?

As for my practicing at La Sarthe: I can't keep up with Mitch ("He makes speedy Gonzalez look like regular Gonzalez!"), but I did manage to throw up a 3:40.xxx.

Last edited:
In the interest of full disclosure, I'll let everyone in the GT class what my car has installed.

PSN: Blangadanger
Class: GT
Car: BMW M3 2007
Teammate: TBA

440 HP / 1408 KG / 517 PP

Installed: Weight Reduction 2, Carbon Hood, Lightweight Polymer Glass, Front/Rear Spoiler, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter, Twin-Plate Clutch, Semi-Racing Flywheel, Carbon Driveshaft, Fully Customized Suspension, Custom Gearbox, Racing Soft Tires, Rays Volk Triniti V Wheels

Power limiter is set at 96.9%.

GTC:
Ferrari F430 Scuderia only.
No power or weight mods are allowed.
Everything else is allowed.

So this mean I have to buy another car then?

Like I said tho if you're not allowing power mods how can you police that? I mean I don't want to use that but if one guy is getting a 100 ft/lb more torque than me because he has a turbo, I'm almost forced to use it.

I've got two different Lambo's that I use to test on in the GTPFIA series. Both cars have all the modifications that do not add power. Both cars also have identical weight modifications to meet specs. One car has all the power mods, while the other has none except for a sport exhaust.

I can honestly say that the cars run nearly identical times.

I prefer the car that is stock in power mods for two reasons. If you compare the dyno graphs on the two, the one with all the power mods just falls flat on its face way to early in the rpm's. The one that is stock just has a much nicer curve. Has lower TQ but it still makes power when your climbing higher in the rpm's. Just gives me a better peace of mind. The second reason why the stock car is waaaaaaaaay better is just because of the sound alone. :)

I've tried over and over again to show that the car with all the mods should be faster. I just havent been able to prove it. Sometimes one will be faster than the other. At that point I'm convinced it's driver error.

I'm not saying this is true for all cars. Just sharing what I've gone through testing this specific car. In case your wondering its the Lamborghini Murcielago SV.

I've got two different Lambo's that I use to test on in the GTPFIA series. Both cars have all the modifications that do not add power. Both cars also have identical weight modifications to meet specs. One car has all the power mods, while the other has none except for a sport exhaust.

I can honestly say that the cars run nearly identical times.

I prefer the car that is stock in power mods for two reasons. If you compare the dyno graphs on the two, the one with all the power mods just falls flat on its face way to early in the rpm's. The one that is stock just has a much nicer curve. Has lower TQ but it still makes power when your climbing higher in the rpm's. Just gives me a better peace of mind. The second reason why the stock car is waaaaaaaaay better is just because of the sound alone. :)

I've tried over and over again to show that the car with all the mods should be faster. I just havent been able to prove it. Sometimes one will be faster than the other. At that point I'm convinced it's driver error.

I'm not saying this is true for all cars. Just sharing what I've gone through testing this specific car. In case your wondering its the Lamborghini Murcielago SV.

Man trust me I've done a lot of testing with all this cars and you are 100% right! If there's a difference it is way too minimal to be noticed by a human driver and even harder to use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back