American Le Mans Series Season 2 (COMPLETED)

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 5,091 comments

When do we qualify?

• Night of, right before the race

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • A different night before the race

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so, any decisions on the Scud power/weight question? I'm lucky just to have net! we had a tornado apperantly around 5 today, and i've been without net and tv until now! Just in time to find out PSN is still down!

Wow. That's heavy. And it's still early in the season. I used to live in Minnesota and had a couple close calls. Nothing big though. I forget what state had about five tornados in one day earlier this year. Of topic, but what else is there to do while waiting for the PSN?

I really wish there was some sort of random race generator on this game... Something that you pick the number of laps and your car, and thats it. It picks the track, and opponents close to your cars pp or something.

It will record whatever is on your TV screen.
I though it would be cool to create a sort of trailer using footage from season one.
Only, theres no way to get the replays off of the PS3 by any means other than using a capture card.

You could export the replay to USB stick and get someone else to record it. Here's the replay upload guide for the WRS and you should be able to get the jist of things. Make a thread here or something after you got the files exported.

Instead of playing GT5 online, I decided I'd goto the NYC International Auto Show, since my dad got tickets from his work. I took ~79 pictures, but I figured these were most relevant. Pretty cool stuff. You can find the whole album HERE.

Also some F1 pics, as well as other cars that were awesome that day.

Yeah I saw ALMS I'm like I gotta get this for the GTP guys haha, it's a sweet looking car tho. If you can take the time, go through the whole album. I had my sister's ****** camera but I tried to make the best of it. It seemed to over-expose most shots because of the bright lights, and a bunch were out of focus but I did get some sweet ones.

Yeah nice photos. I heard there was a Nissan Leaf race car there that ran for like 20 minutes or something. Interesting if a bit of a gimmick. I think the Beamer is way cooler. And that's saying something because I don't really care fore beamers. They're kicking butt in ALMS tho. Good pictures!

Last edited:
One of my dad's friends is paid by IMSA to take pics.
My dad took a photography course in college. So they're both pretty good with a camera.
I've also got some original pics from the 1970 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Ill have to post a couple of those if/when I get a chance.

Already have my tickets for Lime Rock this year. :)

BTW, I went to the NYC Auto Show a couple years back.
They had a pretty awesome simulator set-up with GT4.

I have to say, that it was AWESOME.
It's like that one on YouTube...

One of my dad's friends is paid by IMSA to take pics.
Already have my tickets for Lime Rock this year. :)

BTW, I went to the NYC Auto Show a couple years back.
They had a pretty awesome simulator set-up with GT4.

I have to say, that it was AWESOME.
It's like that one on YouTube...

I'm jealous...once I get my license I'll be at every single rally and racing event in the tri-state area:sly:

As for the simulator, I did see a Ford one that had a similar setup, one that shook you around and tilted your chair etc with 3 screens and a wheel. I'm pretty sure it was demonstrating the Ford Focus/Fiesta since it was next to Block's Fiesta (which was awesome to see btw. They had Gymkhana vids in the background:dopey:) The simulator had a run through a rally trail which I wanted to try but you had to be 18 and there was a long line anyway.

Rich, it seems that we live relatively near eachother...
What state are you in?

Gogatrs I kinda figured you were in Florida based on your sn :)

I'm a USF Bull so I can't say I share your cause per-say, but thought you lived close to me. You in NY?

I'm on the CT shoreline.
My Dad was a Florida Gator and I most likely will be also. :)
Hence the SN.
I only live about an hour and a half from Lime Rock. :)

It's quite nice.
We go there for all sorts of things.
Daytona Prototypes, ALMS, a few Skip Barber events, F2000 (one of my karting buddies IRL races in this), and of course I do some karting on the autocross track. :)

That must be awesome living close to Lime Rock. Granted I live about the same distance from Dover (NASCAR) but I find that sooo boring. I could easily see that turning into a tradition, going to the ALMS race.

Rich77
That must be awesome living close to Lime Rock. Granted I live about the same distance from Dover (NASCAR) but I find that sooo boring. I could easily see that turning into a tradition, going to the ALMS race.

It has.
We know exactly where to go for which parts of the race.
When you get to go again, if you walk along the front straight, right at the pit exit, there's a gap between a building along the straight.
I've found that standing on a picnic bench between the building and the fence that keeps spectators out of the pits is pretty awesome for watching the start.
Big Bend can get EXTREMELY crowded. And you can see the whole straight as well as the entrance to big bend from that spot so it's quite nice. :)
One of Dyson's Mazdas caught fire right in front of my face when I was standing there. It was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back