American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be on in a few minutes, I have my PS3 indoors on the big screen indoors yet my PC is outside still... I'll join and probably do "the business" before I get on track....

My sister it out for the count, YAYYYY!!!!

It seems that you are having connection issues though.

I am, it sucks real bad. I tried to be clever and move everything back outside to see if that worked, but it's still saying I'm incompatible with the host. :(

That's strange, you never had that problem before. I changed nothing on my end. Weird.

Well I've come up with the conclusion that the RUF just sucks!! I was cheating by jumping the chicane and only running 1.34.5. Since we switched to medium tires for gt the RUF just sucks! Think I'll either try pc or a different gt car for the rest of the year. Sorry guys for getting in your way!

Last edited:
Sorry I had to leave early, something came up.

And sorry that guy 2, I just couldn't focus. Some stuff happened today, and I just heard about it and couldn't focus. Totally my fault.

I'll get the results updated soon. Too many people left today. :( Not that we had a large showing anyways.

Glad this round is over with. If you want to switch cars TG2, by all means. It just sucks about the RUF man. It needs better aero. But we can try to lower the weight if you want to, or just switch cars.

Sorry we couldn't wait for you ant. We took a majority vote and the majority wanted to start right after qualifying. I would've waited otherwise.

Last edited:
Well I've come up with the conclusion that the RUF just sucks!! I was cheating by jumping the chicane and only running 1.34.5. Since we switched to medium tires for gt the RUF just sucks! Think I'll either try pc or a different gt car for the rest of the year. Sorry guys for getting in your way!

Yeah man I feel sorry for you. Last season we were within 5 tenths of each other but now you're racing so far away from me. :( I'd have no problem with you switching cars.

I had to go. Company came over. Told you earlier though. Thats why i wanted to start early. I pit before the start cus my kid woke up from his nap. So I was trying to help him out.

Results updated. It has also come to my attention by a fellow racer that a false start may have occurred in the last round. This is under investigation.

For future reference James, to avoid double posting, use the edit button on your latest post.

EDIT: Announcement 12/17/2012 as been posted. Please read it over as it pertains to the next scheduled round (Round 5: Indianapolis).

Last edited:
Are we racing at spa this friday?

Yes. I figured that basically two weeks off for the holidays would be nice. Spa this week, and a track at your guys choosing next week, preferably not on the schedule. :)

A little clip for you guys to kind of compare GT5 and iRacing. Driving the ZR1 on Daytona was my bread and butter when i was in this series. Now i get to enjoy the C6R :) This is just one lap in a practice session i did earlier.

Looks pretty awesome. You have a version without the background music?

I've been playing rFactor for a couple weeks now. Been thinking about getting a subscription to iracing also.

What do you think the learning curve is like going from GT5 to iracing?

Looks pretty awesome. You have a version without the background music?

I've been playing rFactor for a couple weeks now. Been thinking about getting a subscription to iracing also.

What do you think the learning curve is like going from GT5 to iracing?

I could go back and take out the music, but im lazy lol. The biggest thing for me was braking, i was so used to smashing the pedal and it takes a while to find the sweet spot to where the brakes dont lock. That and getting away from GT5's arcade like tire grip.

I do wish that GT5 had the actual C6R. Don't tell me that the ZR1 and the Z06 RMs are the C6R, because they are not. Those must be earlier models of the C6R they use in iRacing. Some, if not most or all, newer C6Rs use paddle shifters now.

If I had the money and hardware, I'd really give iRacing a try. I've been giving rFactor a good run, but it's hard using the DS3 with PC sims.

Also, the layout for the Daytona road course is a bit different than GT5's layout, in the bus stop in the backstretch at least. In GT5, if you look inside the tire barrier, you'll see the section iRacing uses. Useless info maybe, but interesting none-the-less.

Nice video, but I wish you wouldn't have place music there.

I could go back and take out the music, but im lazy lol. The biggest thing for me was braking, i was so used to smashing the pedal and it takes a while to find the sweet spot to where the brakes dont lock. That and getting away from GT5's arcade like tire grip.

Racing tires like Hards are close to what the grip is like IRL for these race type cars. Spa for example is weird in how many cars in GT5 can take Eua Rouge flat out, but IRL they have to lift the throttle. Some of the tracks are a little outdated, but how old is GT5? Those computer sims definitely get updated better, but the payments for the content are something I'm not too sure of. I'd have to save a lil bread to be able to get the game and a computer good enough to run it.

Yeah, the only thing holding me back right now is the payments. I think they have a special right now. Three months for the price of one. Might be a little more motivated if more of us here were to join so we could race together. :)

rFactor is dirt cheap and can be ran off of just about any lap top that runs any version of Windows.

iRacing is better if you like to do lots of "pick up" races... and spend hundreds of dollars on content.
rFactor is better if you're into league racing. rFactor also has quite a few more features (driver swaps, unrestricted liveries, etc) plus it's infinitely expandable with all the car and track mods. Pick up races are next to impossible though and it can be a real pain to set up though.

Quick question...

Why the delay regarding verification of race start incident in Monaco race?

Quick question...

Why the delay regarding verification of race start incident in Monaco race?

I haven't much time to review it myself, but I'll get on it as soon as I can. 👍 I also need to send off verification.

Room is up. Check OP for more details. You guys want to run spec cars or whatever we want?

EDIT: So, I take it nobody's going to show up? Only one person has shown up, and he left already.

Last edited:
Only a total of 4 people showed up (plus a random who left as soon as I set the room to weak penalties effective for free run too :lol:). I was going to award those who actually showed up, but then there are people who actually couldn't make it for various reasons, so I'm at a quandary here.

Also, if you haven't already, look in the Online Dealership! Awesome cars to buy in there, and all cars in the Online Dealership are half price! Always wanted that FGT that costs 5,000,000 Cr.? Well get it now for only 2,500,000 Cr.! Offer good for a limited time only.

Only a total of 4 people showed up (plus a random who left as soon as I set the room to weak penalties effective for free run too :lol:). I was going to award those who actually showed up, but then there are people who actually couldn't make it for various reasons, so I'm at a quandary here.

Also, if you haven't already, look in the Online Dealership! Awesome cars to buy in there, and all cars in the Online Dealership are half price! Always wanted that FGT that costs 5,000,000 Cr.? Well get it now for only 2,500,000 Cr.! Offer good for a limited time only.

I was too tired. I tried to race at Continental but my eyes were closing and I needed a nap. Lack of sleep.

Back