American Trans Am Series Season III

• Thread starter Kalmiya117
  • 563 comments
Alright guys, lots of practice at Sarthe accomplished this week. Spent almost 20 mil now in the OCD picking up all those LMP cars and I've earned every bit of it back by runnin Ferrari's around Sarthe in the seasonal. I just today finally ran some laps in the '63 Split window, and I'm easily matching my 489 Italia time...on a dry track. Once the rain saturates the track I'm loosing almost a full minute. Those six inch wide bias ply tires don't care for the water too much. Should be an exciting race tonight though, I know I'm not the only one having trouble with the rain and I think my '63 will definitely have an advantage if we get any dry laps in. I'm gonna try to be online a little early to get some MG2 practice in, I havn't even set my trans gear in that one yet. See y'all soon, racers!

I guess I'm not surprised at the results this week. I know Cahill in previous practices, seemed to be the most comfortable with Sarth. Plus give him high powered cars to boot.
We should have stuck with our plan to race in the rain. It would have been a lot more interesting.

I know there was some good photo opportunities in both races, and I look forward to seeing them.

Score board will be updated shortly.

Seeing how frustrating some of us were with no rain, and some of the accidents that took place I am still okay with the fact we did not use rain. Part of me wanted to and if I was running a more suitable car been more for it.

I just know I would have just sat out and watched the race with the GT40 in the rain. La Sarth however is just a long track and it seems the most passing done was when a player made a mistake. I rather pass in a heated battle than anything else. I'll have times and results up later tonight.

Edit:Skel, Scores are sideways...

^^ ...that wasn't a metaphor, they really are sideways. Lol

Wow, I look like a real idiot trying to read the scores with my smartphone, keep turning the phone faster but I just can't keep up with how fast the page turns...:dunce:

Last edited:
Great racing last night boys! Can somebody hand me a broom?:sly: I would also like to add that I'm going to the dark side by Tuesday. What I mean is that I pre-ordered myself a copy of Forza 4 Limited Collectors Edition. I'm not going to be on PSN so much anymore but I'll for sure be making these races every Sunday.

^^ ...that wasn't a metaphor, they really are sideways. Lol

Wow, I look like a real idiot trying to read the scores with my smartphone, keep turning the phone faster but I just can't keep up with how fast the page turns...:dunce:

Try turning your head instead of the phone. Same goes for those of you who are on desktops or lap tops.

??? That's not gonna work...I'll look even more foolish rotating my whole head over and over like that! Sheesh. :crazy:

More foolish? Don't worry, I doubt anyone would notice!

I think I fixed the scoreboard. If it didn't work, then looks like you will all have to just get used to it.

sorry guys , for not race the last 2 races , I was not ready for this races for not practice before.see you the next one .

coolracer, most of us drove that track like we never played GT5 before. It really wasn't our best performance. cahill did fine though.

I do need to point out that Tech. Calhil did not get the Pole in Group II, but seeing that guy left early I guess we can give him it.....

Kalmiya117
I do need to point out that Tech. Calhil did not get the Pole in Group II, but seeing that guy left early I guess we can give him it.....

Ehem it's Cahill

most of us drove that track like we never played GT5 before. It really wasn't our best performance.

#1.) I use driving line, which wasn't available as it was turned off.
#2.) I don't drive normally in the dark on GT5 or IRL lol
#3.) Number one plus number two equals total disaster for me

#4) Worst track in the history of tracks to race a bunch high HP heavy arse Trans Am cars on...

#4) Worst track in the history of tracks to race a bunch high HP heavy arse Trans Am cars on...

Na, it's a great track, one of my favorites. The only reason I was able to navigate is because I have it memorized. During the Day cycle I was cruisin' but as soon as the sun set my race was over. I wish I had time to do some practice runs on this track with you guys. And what other car would you want to drive here lol? I hope not an x1 like those g@y online drag lobbies where they are at sarthe with no chicane. wth? I don't get that lol. But the race was a step above a disaster.

These heavy cars we're driving just plain don't transition well from 200mph to a tight chicane, I think Sarthe is much more fun in a LMP style race car, that's all. I really don't mind the track, and I honestly had alot of fun practicing for our race. My cars were very quick there too, but at those speeds they are right on the edge, so every time my car got touched by another car it was quite a handful to hold on to. Unfortunately, my cars got man-handled quite a bit until I lost the draft in both races, then proceeded to drive around by myself for about an hour. That's why I don't believe these cars should drive there. LMP or Class C racers can take those corners at speed and are much more stable at 200+.

For the record, I'm not complaining about Kal's track selection, it was a learning experience and now we know.👍

Word is there is a Challenger SRT8 Touring Car (which isnt a tour spec, just an RM package with a nice name) that will be included in DLC on the 18th. Since I'm running Team Dodge, may I switch up the Team Oreca I have selected and go with the Challenger Tour Car? As this won't interfer/conflict with the schedule/my car selection.

kenkwilinski
Word is there is a Challenger SRT8 Touring Car (which isnt a tour spec, just an RM package with a nice name) that will be included in DLC on the 18th. Since I'm running Team Dodge, may I switch up the Team Oreca I have selected and go with the Challenger Tour Car? As this won't interfer/conflict with the schedule/my car selection.

I was thinking that too but that Chally might not be fast enough to run with the cars we run.

The MG2 Chally is surprisingly capable, hopefully the dlc will be also. I am concerned about the dlc in that we will only get one of the car and it is untradable, therefore any mods you make to the wieght or engine you will be stuck with.

It has to be tradeable bc good example say you start the game at lvl 0, you can't buy a lvl 2 car right? But a friend can send you a lvl 20 car and you can use it. So I don't see why those cars would be untradeable, it should be up to the trader weather they want to trade a car the paid for, just like it is now. The only thing I really wonder about is how the dlc track of Spas will work if someone in the lobby don't have it downloaded.

The previous DLC cars were untradable. (Edge Camaro). I assume the DLC tracks will be just like the COD map packs, if you havn't bought them, you will not be able to enter rooms using them and when the host selects the DLC map it will boot you if its not on your list.

"Technically" sounds like "actually" to me. Because he left early doesn't mean he was never there. He was running in 7th & 8th anyway when he left with 2-3 laps to go.

That RM challenger looks pretty sweet. I think it would fit right in with the RM Camaro & Vettes. Too bad they added another (4) frick'n GT-R's & another damn RedBS. Why does PD hate me? I hope $7.99 is for all of them, not just each one. Not that I want any of them besides the Chally.... and maybe the prius......

edit: never mind, I see how it works ($8 for all cars, $12 for complete pack). The kart track looks interesting. Add to season IV schedule? yup.

I don't think DLC cars will be tradeable just because you can't trade any other DLC cars, i.e. stealth models.

Last edited:
That sucks, so we can only have one Chally? I want a stock one untouched, another with oil change and parts, one maxed tuned and another spec tuned to TRANS-AM. They suck, I want to dupe it like 3 times to myself. :(

That is a valid point. I would really like to have 2 or 3 of them as well. HOPEFULLY, after you purchase the dlc, they will appear in the dealerships and you can use the games CR's to buy as many as you want. So maybe they will be tradeable. I guess it's all speculation at this point.

Latest Posts

Back