American Trans Am Series Season III

• Thread starter Kalmiya117
  • 563 comments
I can't believe I will spend 8 or so bucks to get that freaking Chally. Bet your bones Next Season I may do Challies again just to use it.

You can spend 12 bucks and get the; tracks, cars, paints, & suits. Not that I give a hoot about paints and suits, but at least it looks like there are suits that don't look completely stupid. There's also a bunch of new chrome, fluorescent, & polarized colors. So be prepared to see a lot of really awful paint jobs & wheel combinations online. (way worse then it is now)

Looks like buying the whole package deal is cheaper then the track & car package separately.

I've already planned on Doge next season. I was going to go with vipers for the modern classes. Still might. I guess it will depend on what everyone else is doing, then do the opposite.

And again, we can discuss our disappointment in PD on not adding any Mustang RM's, new or old, but managed to add 4 more damn GT-R's. :banghead:

Lmao. So far, each one of us that have speculated car choice for next season has said Dodge. Hilarious, it's gonna look like the Mopar Nationals. Obviously it's way too early to be concerned about, but amusing, none the less.

And again, we can discuss our disappointment in PD on not adding any Mustang RM's, new or old, but managed to add 4 more damn GT-R's. :banghead:

My prediction for the next DLC maybe next month? 4 more GT-R's and no Mustang RM, probably will RM the DeLorean First lol. But if you play your cards right it might just happen as they now have an old and new RM for both Chevy and Dodge. Just need to finish the Ford branch now.

Was looking at the track schedule....and it looks like it gets better.

Indy Road Course 25 Laps (G1V-G2M) - Toughest Flatest Track
Circuito de Madrid 20 Laps (G1V G2M) - Feels like a NASCAR short track
Special Stage Route 5 25 Laps (G1V-G2M) - I'm not good at
Circuit de la Sarthe 15 Laps **Night/Rain (G1V-G2M) - Good track, bad settings lol
Côte d’Azur 15 Laps (G1V-G2M) - NEXT!!! Most technical track to offer
Wild Card Event - Hopefully none of the above
Autodromo Nazionale Monza 20 Laps (G1M - G2V) - I love this track!!!
Nürburgring GP/F 25 Laps (G1M - G2V) - I know this track without the driving line!!
Fuji Speedway 25 Laps (G1M - G2V) - I know this track without the driving line!!
Suzuka Circuit 25 Laps (G1M - G2V) - I know this track without the driving line!!
Tokyo R246 25 Laps (G1M - G2V) - I know this track without the driving line!!

.....so it looks like it gets a little better for me

You can spend 12 bucks and get the; tracks, cars, paints, & suits. Not that I give a hoot about paints and suits, but at least it looks like there are suits that don't look completely stupid. There's also a bunch of new chrome, fluorescent, & polarized colors. So be prepared to see a lot of really awful paint jobs & wheel combinations online. (way worse then it is now)

Just think about how gaudy I will be able to make my new line of race machines! This excites me greatly!:dopey:

Côte d’Azur 15 Laps (G1V-G2M) -
Wild Card Event -
Autodromo Nazionale Monza 20 Laps (G1M - G2V) -
Nürburgring GP/F 25 Laps (G1M - G2V) -
Fuji Speedway 25 Laps (G1M - G2V) -
Suzuka Circuit 25 Laps (G1M - G2V) -
Tokyo R246 25 Laps (G1M - G2V) -

Stoked for those. Maybe by then I will have found a better gaudy paint chip to run ;)

Lol. Our racing friend 'Titus' still uses a typewriter instead of a laptop, so I would like to relay to the rest of you how ecstatic he is over the fact that he can now create public rooms that do not allow MR cars (NSX) to participate. Lmao

haha! I actually just witnessed this in person. Everyone in there was like "WTF!?". I couldn't stop laughing. I was surprised I was still alowed to pull out the 4x4 ram.

JL, I was afraid you were going to say that. Please don't do it to the Vettes anymore.

'Race Modded' cars in bright gaudy colors is acceptable. Painting a Corvette like that is a crime against gear-heads. You might as well be slapping The Stig in the face, you'd get about the same reaction.:eek:

Soo. I sneaked a peak at the upcoming work schedule. And guess what. I am closing Sunday night. Asked nicely many times Hey, I can open Sunday just do not have me close. Everyone one in the damn store gets what they want and that is all I ask for.

I will be honest, between the frustration with the GT40, and this (work) I may just not finish the first half, or the whole season and just sit out and watch or whatever.. This stuff is getting aggravating. And I am the kind who either you do it, or don't do it. Not half A** it.

That's disappointing. We are all pretty comfy with our time slot, but maybe there is another time/day we could all agree on? Just a thought. While just plain racing these cars is fun, I really make my effort to race each week in here because of the people I'm racing, not the cars. I'll plan on hosting this Sunday, but perhaps the rest of us could discuss some options that would allow Kalmiya to continue racing with us each week.

I already am commited to other events sat night(vscs), sun noon(toca), mon night(lzracing), tues night(ldtg). So I think my wife would kill me if I altered the schedule too much but she would b happy with only one race on sun, so maybe sat sometime?

Soo. I sneaked a peak at the upcoming work schedule. And guess what. I am closing Sunday night. Asked nicely many times Hey, I can open Sunday just do not have me close. Everyone one in the damn store gets what they want and that is all I ask for.

Stop asking nicely. Try flipping out a little. Throw a tantrum. It works. Sometimes you have to throw elbows to get what you want.

What time do you get home? We can just push the start time back an hour or 2. Easy for me to say though (West Coast time).

Last edited:
I don't mind delayed start as long I'm done racing by about 11:00 eastern. Sundays have been a good day for this series, would hate to change that. If it comes down to it though, Friday or Saturday evenings around the same time would be ok with me. I'm not able to commit to ANOTHER race night per week, but moving an existing race night would work out, I suppose.

And Skel has a point, at my workplace, when they all hear a wrench clang loudly as it bounces off the wall, that's when they know I'm serious. :mad:

Last edited:
When I make the secretary cry, that's when people know I'm serious.

Kal, what's your boss's number? I'll call him.

Don't need the days changed cause of me. I've raced enough have won enough already. : )

To make things even better, I requested aka told I needed some days off for a huge car meet I am going to next weekend. Of course, the paper I posted (as asked) is missing and he has me working.

I will be starting some **** here soon.

coolracer, most of us drove that track like we never played GT5 before. It really wasn't our best performance.
Not a bad night for my part even though I did a couple of plow-throughs at the PlayStation chicane. :dopey: If we were to do it again, maybe we can race the track in the no chicanes configuration?

So, Apparently My complained was heard on a few levels.

I got a promotion to Part Sales Manager, and a Full time position with the benefits within.

However, being on the management team means my weekends will rotate aka I will not be involved in much anymore but will continue to hose when able, and organize the thread as long as some one can provide the photos of info for me to post.

congratulations kal! I guess my phone call paid off!

Did you really mean to say ". . .continue to hose when able. . ."?

congratulations kal! I guess my phone call paid off!

Did you really mean to say ". . .continue to hose when able. . ."?

Not really, but still fits. But meant Host. I was eating sloppy joe and typing. Clearly there was a winner in what got more attention.

Having a Manager position on my resume should really help out later down the road.

Well, that wraps up the 1st half. Time to get the Modern G1 cars ready along with vintage G2.

The scoreboard should be updated shortly. I added it all together really quick, I'm dealing with "Dilemma Monday" today. So make sure I added your score correctly.

Have we made any decisions on what the activities for next week are?

Thank goodness we're done with the VG1 cars. That '63 is very fun and fast, but absolutely at a handicap with the length of our races. I literally had to pace myself from lap 1 just to barely make it a one stop race. Really exited to switch to the MG1 cars.

As for this weekend, last seasons wild card was fun, afraid the limited track creator may get a little repetitive though. I think we're gonna have to do something with the new 'Spa' track, and depending on who all buys it, the new Challenger too. Everyone feel free to toss out some ideas for a race this weekend, anything goes. I've got a bunch of prizes to award, it'll make for a fun race night and a bit of a break from the norm.

How about Indy oval for 5 laps as one quick race for Wild Card Week. I only suggest this because I discovered that any old tunes for this oval track may not work anymore. I found that out last night in my NASCAR in an open lobby at Indy. Not much adjustments had to be made to make it feel like home again. But my point is PD added Grip Loss in Indy's corners. So maybe we can run VG1 there for a quick race?

The new Kart track looks very interesting too. We should do a short race there, and maybe a drifting competition there as well? Kal and I tossed around ideas on how to judge something like that. 1 person on the track at a time while the others watch, and after one lap, everyone types out a score 1-10. Highest & lowest scores get tossed out, and the rest are averaged. I think that's how they judge figure skating... Not that I would know how they judge figure skating..... The 2 highest scoring guys then do a 2 lap 'tandem' drift.

A drag racing event would be kinda cool too. But close races are near impossible to tell the winner. A little surprised spec 2.0 didn't include a drag strip.

1 lap Nurburgring at night & heavy rain.

A short Kart oval, 'wreck'n racin'.

'DriveTheGaurd' has an excellent short oval, he duped it to simulate Martinsville for his NASCAR series. I'm sure he'd be happy to share it. Even if the new kart track is limited to karts, I'm pretty sure we'd all have a blast there. I would also like to run a Indy oval race, I havn't been able to abuse you guys in a draft race this season. Drag race would prolly be fun, though I have zero experience in it. The drift race sounds cool too, again no experience though.

Actually, that makes for five or six good race ideas, that should be plenty to fill our evening. Something like this:

10 laps Indy Oval in VG1 cars

12 laps all-out on the mini-oval

Drag session (someone else has to figure the regs on that)

Drift session (prolly in G2 cars, modern and vintage) Tsukuba perhaps

Then a couple short races on the new tracks, whatever vehicles are allowed, we'll find that out soon.

How's that?

I like it.

I really have none experience in drifting or dragging either. But I'm always up for something new & different.

I'm not sure how to set up regs on the dragging though. Maybe do any American vintage street. Out of all the ideas, I'm least excited about this one.

Suckbutt would be a good drifting course. There's a few others that would work well to, one of the Cape Rings, Autum Ring Mini, London. And yes, any vintage or modern street. Unique cars/colors/rim combinations encouraged. I'm tempted to drift the Ram. I bet I can roast all 4's on comfort tires. I know i can drift my Jeep in real life on snow in 4 wheel drive like a pro.

Damn I missed last night. I didn't know we were racing cuz of Kals situation. Nobody posted anything last night either. But i didn't get on last night so I guess its my fault. Anyway I might not be there this weekend because im having sugary on Friday from a knee injury back in highschool.

Hey guys, I just want to say something a little off-topic......check out the link on the bottom of my signature. Its a link to some Vette drawings I posted up here on GTP.

ON the results screen I am doing away with the Gap times. Not only is it a hassle with the color and typing and getting the code right, it also takes up alot of the size limit in that post.

I will not be attending Sunday from what I can tell. I will be going to NC for a big car meet, but there is a chance I may be back in time. So the Wild Card event is 100% your choice on what happens!

I also guess my lack of playing GT5 is showing. I doubt even my prized Flat Grey Camaro could hang with skel or Titus anymore. I am def losing my skills I guess. That GT40 just absolutely frustrated me. Alot less forgiving than the Camaro or even the Challenger which has way more HP and weight.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back