American Trans Am Series Season III

• Thread starter Kalmiya117
  • 563 comments
Oh most definitely. My cars are officially as gaudy as is possible short of chrome paint, and maybe more so if your opinion differs :P

OK then, here's my Entry list for the upcoming season....

G1M: #38 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06 (Atomic Orange/Light Blue)
G2M: Challenger SRT8 '08 (HEMI Orange/Light Blue)
G1V: #38 Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70 (SubLime/Citrus Yellow)
G2V: Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70 (SubLime/Citrus Yellow)

This season I'm going with TEAM DODGE

G1V: #83 R/T RM
G2V: 440 Six Pack
G1M: #51 Team Oreca
G2M: 300C Daytona Edition

I very much enjoy rivaling CAM in any online racing, therefore I'll be using the ZR1 RM for MG1 instead of the Z06, however, a new glitch from the latest patch will no longer allow us to take duel car pics in 'arcade mode'...go figure... The pic I registered looks pretty good though, so we might as well leave it. All my Vette's will be blue, except for the '69 because that thing looks waaaayyy too good in black and chrome!

I blew the head gasket in the race car so I may make it back in time for the race tomorrow night afterall

To avoid confusion, for the first 5 weekends (starting this weekend) we will be starting off with a Group II race featuring the Modern 'street prepped' 530pp on SS tires, 8 to 12 laps depending on the track. We will follow that with the Main Event Vintage 'race prepped' Group I cars, 640pp w/any tire, 15 to 25 laps depending track.

After the first 5 tracks, we will switch to the Group II (530pp) Vintage with Group I Modern (611hp/1250kg) for the later half of season.
If that's the case, then Here's I think the calendar for this season looks like for the first half including the 'Wild Card Week'. (Copied from the first post)
Sep. 18th - Indy Road Course 25 Laps (G1V-G2M)
Sep. 25th - Circuito de Madrid 20 Laps (G1V G2M)
Oct. 2nd - Special Stage Route 5 25 Laps (G1V-G2M)
Oct. 9th - Circuit de la Sarthe 15 Laps **Night/Rain (G1V-G2M)
Oct. 16th - Côte d’Azur 15 Laps (G1V-G2M)
Oct. 23rd - Autodromo Nazionale Monza 20 Laps (G1M - G2V)
Oct. 30th - Wild Card Event
I'm already of the belief it'll be a long night at La Sarthe given it's lap time. Maybe this'll call for a longer Qualifying session then normal? Also, will the Wild Card event be a 1 or 2 week deal since we have 4 classes?

If that's the case, then Here's I think the calendar for this season looks like for the first half including the 'Wild Card Week'. (Copied from the first post)
Sep. 18th - Indy Road Course 25 Laps (G1V-G2M)
Sep. 25th - Circuito de Madrid 20 Laps (G1V G2M)
Oct. 2nd - Special Stage Route 5 25 Laps (G1V-G2M)
Oct. 9th - Circuit de la Sarthe 15 Laps **Night/Rain (G1V-G2M)
Oct. 16th - Côte d’Azur 15 Laps (G1V-G2M)
Oct. 23rd - Autodromo Nazionale Monza 20 Laps (G1M - G2V)
Oct. 30th - Wild Card Event
I'm already of the belief it'll be a long night at La Sarthe given it's lap time. Maybe this'll call for a longer Qualifying session then normal? Also, will the Wild Card event be a 1 or 2 week deal since we have 4 classes?

I am thinking on doing a Drag Racing or something different using our cars. Or just an event that has nothing to do with the Trans Am Series. I figured we will get figuring it out when we get there.

I expect same amount of time for laps and what not. Maybe extend Qualifying 10 minutes but the initial start time of around 8 will remain. It is up to whomever to be on time. As Always I try to message everyone when I open the room.

Tonight is Indy and Season Opener. Please Do all join I want a good Race!

Reminder, if you save the replay or take photos, send me the link and I will post them in the Season Highlights Post.

Would it be OK if I made a iCal file out of the schedule? :)

Nice.

Very good racing everyone. Glad to be finally under way.

So let me get this straight for when I update the score board tomorrow. The first 5 races are G1V & G2M, and the last 7 are G1M & G2V? I have it split down the middle on the score board.

Sorry I couldn't make it tonight fellas. I've been really busy lately. I don't know about my availability on Sundays now but I'll try to make all the other races. Hope we had a decient turnout tonight and some fun racing:)

We did have a good turnout but definately missed ya, GTMail. Hopefully we'll see ya next week. Unbelievably close racing last night, great fun! I think the MG2 cars are regulated perfectly, I couldn't believe all the passing that took place in that race. The VG1 cars were very close as far as hot laps, if the big HP cars can just figure out the tire wear we could really get some hard racing there as well. Until we do figure the tires out, every pole position point that I can steal from Skeletor is gonna help all of us out, so I'm on it!

Nice.

Very good racing everyone. Glad to be finally under way.

So let me get this straight for when I update the score board tomorrow. The first 5 races are G1V & G2M, and the last 7 are G1M & G2V? I have it split down the middle on the score board.

Laguna Seca will be a two week deal. First Weekend we will run the Vintage G1 and G2 groups. 20 laps G2 and 40 Laps G1. Following weekend we will run the Modern Groups in the same fashion. Being the Grand Finale it is the longest and grueling one we will be doing. (Specially if your in a GT40 or Corvette)

Far as the unbalance, we can drop a track if you want, I think one of these dropped would be nice, I suggest a vote...

Fuji Speedway 25 Laps
Suzuka Circuit 25 Laps
Tsukuba Circuit 25 Laps

Or we can just leave it alone. Does not matter to me.

Tsukuba is a fun track with a sports car, but tryin' ta muscle a 1400kg 700hp monster around that place is gonna be murder. If we're gonna lose one, it's got my vote.

Edit: that's only if we're gonna lose a track. I really don't mind the season lasting longer, but I'm not the one keeping track of everything.

Last edited:
I'd rather have the schedule balanced between the vintage and modern. Season is long enough. We can lose one.

Tsuckbutt circuit gets my vote as well. It's a little track for little cars, or a 4x4 Ram.

I'll get the scoreboard updated soon as I clear some 🤬 of my desk. I hate Mondays.

Edit:
There's a good chance I'm going to flip out today.

Edit:
Score board updated for your viewing pleasure.

Edit:
I flipped out

Last edited:
Dropped Tsuckabutt.

Remember Guys, share some photos! I am going to go through and wait 30 mins to get that photo for the finish on Group II

I was going to take some photos yesterday, and got caught up in other stuff. I got yellow lighted again. But when I turned it back on, it worked fine the rest of the night.

I've noticed an error in my scoring. G1, Kal's score should be 13, not 16. (I gave him last years point value for 4th place). I'll try to have it fixed after lunch. I'll also remove Tsuckhugebutt circuit off the board as well. Hopefully I'll be able to go the ENTIRE day today WITHOUT flipping out.

hello my friends , what a mistake I was out of my game I raced my yellow rm camaro with the sport soft tyres ,jajaja that was my problem

hello my friends , what a mistake I was out of my game I raced my yellow rm camaro with the sport soft tyres ,jajaja that was my problem

I was looking at some of the replay footage lastnight, and I noticed you were running sport tires. I kinda figured you were during the race. I also noticed that after the pit stop, you kept the sport tires! Oh well, it happens. We've all done it.

I did take some pics of the races. Turns out photobucket is being a bucket of crap, and it's not letting me upload. Does anyone know of another free site simliar to photobucket that's pretty decent. I would like to be able to share PDF files as well. I think the scoreboards will have better clarity in PDF format vs JPG. The bucket wouldn't ever let me uplodad PDF's.

I kinda thought that might be your problem, Coolracer. If you switch from your g2 car to your g1 car before the host unlocks the tire restrictions, the game will automatically put SS tires on your car. I've made that mistake myself, I always double check my tires when I race you guys now.

I was looking at some of the replay footage lastnight, and I noticed you were running sport tires. I kinda figured you were during the race. I also noticed that after the pit stop, you kept the sport tires! Oh well, it happens. We've all done it.

I did take some pics of the races. Turns out photobucket is being a bucket of crap, and it's not letting me upload. Does anyone know of another free site simliar to photobucket that's pretty decent. I would like to be able to share PDF files as well. I think the scoreboards will have better clarity in PDF format vs JPG. The bucket wouldn't ever let me uplodad PDF's.

If you need, just send me the files and I can get them hosted and posted.

I've been on a Flight Sim X kick lately and have not touched GT5. In fact I am about to fly a CRJ700 around the Caribbean shortly!

Skeletor27

Imgur.com is pretty useful. I don't know about PDFs though.

I switched to a different browser. I didn't realize Internet Explorer sucked that bad.

RoadCourse-Indy_5.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_4.jpg

Wouldn't be a trans am race if Kal's car didn't finish all smashed up.

RoadCourse-Indy_2.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy.jpg

That's a real nice shot of me mowin' the grass in turn one...:crazy:

Last edited:
^ As soon as I submited my comment I realized that was coming...

Boy you can sure tell which ones are mine

I didn't even realize you were there, the sun was in my eyes...oh, wait...:dopey:

Back