Any news on Gran Turismo 8?

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 202 comments
Oh geez I hope not, unless I can transfer my cars from GT7 to GT8 and reap the benefits of more tracks and cars. I do not want to go through the grind again. I’m still missing some big money cars.

If they fix the payouts so it doesn’t punish you credit wise for racing online with friends then that would be acceptable. Not a fan or running against their AI, even Sophy isn’t all the great (I think it could be) just sick of the chase the rabbit, weave through traffic thing.

If they do come out with GT8, what is going to be different that they can’t just add to GT7 easily? Even if they offered it as purchasable DLC, track packs and car packs.
Adjusting the payouts for online racing and setting up custom races is a fix they can easily do. But they won't. Because the entire credits system is now set up as a business model for them. They want people to buy credits or grind their game "mechanically" for hours and hours.
If anything i expect this part of the game is going to be even worse in GT8. They strayed so far away of what a GT game was back in the day. Prize cars in GT7 = very little. A well thought out career with different classes, building up your experience through licenses = gone. It's now some tracks with some events. Endurance races = gone.

They added online mode, but it didn't change much since GT Sport.

The one thing that hopefully will be better with GT8 is the AI. At least if they implement Sophy in a good way and if it's going to be adjustable in difficulty.

GT7 is a good game. But it could be a fantastic game if they just brought back features they promised when making the game. GT7 is a modern day game => you pay 70-100 Euros for less content than with older games. Yes we do get free updates with new cars. New tracks, new events. But GT7 was barebones when it released and it is still far from a GT3/4/5 or even 6.

Last edited:
GT6 was for sure much better (content wise) then GT7.
I think before 2026 we will be hearing not much about GT8...

GT6 was for sure much better (content wise) then GT7.
I think before 2026 we will be hearing not much about GT8...
We Will hear about gt8 just not yet, maybe revealed end of next year with a release of 2027, i would not say the content was better in gt6, it just had more of it, but the quality was a mixed bag, gt7 quality is much better, i rather take gt7 approach with quality over quantity, it will be better in the longrun and quantity will get there with time.

Just a few years ago when gt sport released we started over with just 170 cars, now as of thursday we will be at 511 cars and that number will just grow in the coming years,

We Will hear about gt8 just not yet, maybe revealed end of next year with a release of 2027, i would not say the content was better in gt6, it just had more of it, but the quality was a mixed bag, gt7 quality is much better, i rather take gt7 approach with quality over quantity, it will be better in the longrun and quantity will get there with time.

Just a few years ago when gt sport released we started over with just 170 cars, now as of thursday we will be at 511 cars and that number will just grow in the coming years,
For me it’s not really about car count. I wish they’d release car packs with cars that are highly competitive with one another. Like they’ve taken the time to equalize the cars. I’ll spend a day or week or month tuning a few cars to try and get them to close to lap times. I think they should use Sophy to do that. Pick one tuned car, hand it to Sophy, pick two or three other cars and tell it to tune them to match its best lap time in the tuned car.

Otherwise it’s just a bunch of cars.

It could be all the rally tracks and Tokyo tracks but it feels real short on tracks. Can’t remember the last time I raced lake Louise on purpose.

And for the love of god, let us share tunes/setups. If GT7 doesn’t get that, then GT8 better, along with a customizable hud.

For me it’s not really about car count. I wish they’d release car packs with cars that are highly competitive with one another. Like they’ve taken the time to equalize the cars. I’ll spend a day or week or month tuning a few cars to try and get them to close to lap times. I think they should use Sophy to do that. Pick one tuned car, hand it to Sophy, pick two or three other cars and tell it to tune them to match its best lap time in the tuned car.

Otherwise it’s just a bunch of cars.

It could be all the rally tracks and Tokyo tracks but it feels real short on tracks. Can’t remember the last time I raced lake Louise on purpose.

And for the love of god, let us share tunes/setups. If GT7 doesn’t get that, then GT8 better, along with a customizable hud.
Its not really the car count for me either, but for reference gt7 has less cars than gt6, but its not less in terms of varity, and gt7 has so much better sounds, driving, quality of the cars, and even more customize options than gt6 so it more than makes up for it,

I do agree they need to have better use of the cars, and add better worthy single player content, but i would never go down to gt6 quality ever again,

Playing in psvr2 makes me really see how well pd have crafted the car models for gt7.

Sophy ai is works in progress i really do hope we get it more involved soon.

Would be a game changer for single player.

Its not really the car count for me either, but for reference gt7 has less cars than gt6, but its not less in terms of varity, and gt7 has so much better sounds, driving, quality of the cars, and even more customize options than gt6 so it more than makes up for it,

I do agree they need to have better use of the cars, and add better worthy single player content, but i would never go down to gt6 quality ever again,

Playing in psvr2 makes me really see how well pd have crafted the car models for gt7.

Sophy ai is works in progress i really do hope we get it more involved soon.

Would be a game changer for single player.
Yeah I fully agree. GT7 has only now caught up to previous sims in terms of sounds and handling. GT5 and GT6 had non premium cars, I hated driving those as I only race in cockpit view.

The only thing I miss about GT5/GT6 is a few cars (lotus) and mostly tracks that were in those games but not in GT7. Especially original tracks as they don’t have to license them and it’s not like they weren’t great tracks. I don’t care where I race as long as it’s on asphalt and it has a nice flow to it.

Love the livery editor in GT7! Pretty good overall feel to most cars.

I can’t remember exactly what was on my wish list for GT6 when I owned GT5 but I’m sure customizable hud is one I just don’t understand how we don’t have it anymore. I’m really hoping with this update they silently drop the ability to share tunes NOT via screenshots. They took the lazy way out there.

I dont understand how people still think economy is built to push microtransactions. How so when the solution existed before problem? Thats not how business is done. People were 'grinding' in GT when the game gave out money freely. Imagine being upset at having to put hundreds hours into a game you already planned on putting hundreds of hours into. Seems like they just leaned into the way people already play.

I dont understand how people still think economy is built to push microtransactions. How so when the solution existed before problem? Thats not how business is done. People were 'grinding' in GT when the game gave out money freely. Imagine being upset at having to put hundreds hours into a game you already planned on putting hundreds of hours into. Seems like they just leaned into the way people already play.
Single player in this game, it’s gotten boring. I blame the AI. Start at the back, weave through these large moving pylons, try not to have them bump you or you’ll lose that clean race bonus.

I enjoy driving whatever car I’m driving, but the racing aspect is mostly uninteresting.

This game you are either blowing away the AI, coming up short or not standing a chance (less rare)

I remember playing Project Cars, qualifying 2nd, during race I dropped to 5th, or 8th, worked my way back to 3rd. It felt like racing. You were in a pack of cars… not passing one by one, If you wanted to win, turn the difficulty down a little bit. You’d find the perfect percentage where it was up in the air if you’d win it or lose it. GT7 it’s all about finding the car and tune, once you do that it’s pretty much a guaranteed win, even if it is close.

Meant to add, the payouts are way too weak for online lobbies and custom races. I’ve invested a lot of hours into this game but it’s mostly online lobby. Sardegna gets you like $750,000 for 20-25 minutes. Same time in an online lobby maybe gets you like 5% of that. THAT is the problem with this game.

Last edited:
I feel like if one is playing online, they're looking for a challenge more than a pay out.....assuming one wins the race in the first place. I feel like upping the payout for online lobbies would only benefit the few more than the many.

I feel like if one is playing online, they're looking for a challenge more than a pay out.....assuming one wins the race in the first place. I feel like upping the payout for online lobbies would only benefit the few more than the many.
The problem arises when you need money to buy cars. Either way you need a payout. If it would only benefit a few then why not just do it anyway?

I’m not talking about sport mode, but private lobbies and public lobbies.

I don’t want the cars for free, there’s something fun about earning them but to earn them the focus is racing alone against AI, poor AI I might add.

The problem arises when you need money to buy cars. Either way you need a payout. If it would only benefit a few then why not just do it anyway?

I’m not talking about sport mode, but private lobbies and public lobbies.

I don’t want the cars for free, there’s something fun about earning them but to earn them the focus is racing alone against AI, poor AI I might add.
How very American of you! Just flat out asking for an exploit. While you may have intentions on recreating classic GT series or what-have-you, most people would just end up cooking the books for the payouts.

How very American of you! Just flat out asking for an exploit. While you may have intentions on recreating classic GT series or what-have-you, most people would just end up cooking the books for the payouts.
Anyway. The game has some issues in my opinion regarding the payouts and it’s a feature I hope gets sorted or evened out for GT8. Not gonna argue over it anymore. They’re not going to fix it anyway, I won’t be buying GT8 until it releases and I know more about it because I dislike the grind of gran Turismo games. If the games physics hadn’t come such a long way I wouldn’t even be playing it. So they’ve at least improve one aspect of their game.

As for any news on GT8, I really don’t know, haven’t heard anything. This thread so far is a speculation thread.

So to speculate when it’ll happen. GT5 was 2010, GT6 was 2013, GT Sport was 2017, GT7 was 2022, so GT8 could be 2028 by the looks of things.

That’s 3 years, then 4, then 5 so why not 6 for the next.

Last edited:
Anyway. The game has some issues in my opinion regarding the payouts and it’s a feature I hope gets sorted or evened out for GT8. Not gonna argue over it anymore. They’re not going to fix it anyway, I won’t be buying GT8 until it releases and I know more about it because I dislike the grind of gran Turismo games. If the games physics hadn’t come such a long way I wouldn’t even be playing it. So they’ve at least improve one aspect of their game.

As for any news on GT8, I really don’t know, haven’t heard anything. This thread so far is a speculation thread.

So to speculate when it’ll happen. GT5 was 2010, GT6 was 2013, GT Sport was 2017, GT7 was 2022, so GT8 could be 2028 by the looks of things.

That’s 3 years, then 4, then 5 so why not 6 for the next.
The game has serious balancing issues. Payouts aren't related to, well, anything. The hardest races don't net the most Cr per minute, not even close. Nor do the longest races, the 1hr race pays well, but that isn't the highest Cr per minute either. Custom races pay their own unique blend of Cr that don't reflect anything compared to other events either. So it just seems a bit random which races pay well.

If you take out the legend dealership cars, the game pays Cr pretty well in general though. But as soon as you add those super expensive cars in, it really doesn't. In fact, it becomes the grindiest GT game of them all.

There's a method to their madness, it's not a good one, but it's there.

Unfortunately for me, there are certain design choices, such as the chase the rabbit races, poor variety in events, lack of decent championships etc. That stop GT7 from being truely excellent, it could have been, it has the bones for it, but it's all just packaged in a way that's a bit, meh.

For the record, I like single player games, I'm not an online gamesmr at all really.

Last edited:
The game has serious balancing issues. Payouts aren't related to, well, anything. The hardest races don't net the most Cr per minute, not even close. Nor do the longest races, the 1hr race pays well, but that isn't the highest Cr per minute either. Custom races pay their own unique blend of Cr that don't reflect anything compared to other events either. So it just seems a bit random which races pay well.

If you take out the legend dealership cars, the game pays Cr pretty well in general though. But as soon as you add those super expensive cars in, it really doesn't. In fact, it becomes the grindiest GT game of them all.

There's a method to their madness, it's not a good one, but it's there.

Unfortunately for me, there are certain design choices, such as the chase the rabbit races, poor variety in events, lack of decent championships etc. That stop GT7 from being truely excellent, it could have been, it has the bones for it, but it's all just packaged in a way that's a bit, meh.

For the record, I like single player games, I'm not an online gamesmr at all really.
Yeah I have to agree with most of that if not all of it.

I like the game, favourite features:
1- For Gran Turismo, the physics are finally more than acceptable
2- Livery editor, it’s so robust
3- Tuning, nice feature to use to fix some cars & make others more interesting
4- Scapes is a nice feature, if you’re into liveries

What I dislike and hope GT8 changes:
1- Improved engine sound, it’s good, but it could feel more raw
2- Grouping decals for batch colour changes in the livery editor
3- Ability to share tunes, it could literally take seconds instead of 5-10mins
4- No qualifying for single player races
5- AI just isn’t engaging at all, makes for dull races
6- I do miss car gifting, would be cool to tune/paint a car and give it to a friend
7- Lack or tracks and a track editor would be more than welcome
8- Would be cool to share custom races (if they sorted out the AI)
9- Customizable HUD
10- Proper payouts as you mentioned or cheaper legendary prices even

That’s about all I can think of off the top of my head. I’d say it is doing pretty good, I can live without those features but it would be so much better with.

A friend of mine had a cool idea regarding liveries. Being able to post them, if somebody likes it they can add to collection and give you some credits for it. Or maybe if you share a livery you can set a price point. I downloaded a wicked 917K livery that I would gladly send $10,000 for. I’m sure they’d appreciate that too.

A friend of mine had a cool idea regarding liveries. Being able to post them, if somebody likes it they can add to collection and give you some credits for it. Or maybe if you share a livery you can set a price point. I downloaded a wicked 917K livery that I would gladly send $10,000 for. I’m sure they’d appreciate that too.
IMO, 10k is a bit too low, something along the lines of 20-45K should be a good price point and doesnt break the bank. Very cool idea tho.

Still hoping we will get a standalone Pikes Peak release that will give a glimpse of what GT8 will be like. Going by Hyundai press release a few months back, it almost made it sound like GT7 is like a legacy title and potentially there will be something coming later this year that will allow driving the PPIHC. Sounds like they may be waiting for an event to announce so potentially ideal time might be when they show off the new high-end PS5 so could be only around about a month or so away. It might be why PDI recently are looking for game testers: 2024.04.09 Updated recruitment of game testers - Checking the operation of games under development.

Back