Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
What parameters should i be looking at if i want to edit the drafting values of cars? I have a mod with severely exagerated draft speeds, overtaking is a doddle due to this.

Surely i know it and i did it. I found 2-3 TCR Golfs, but not version i'm searching for. Thats why i asked new question. Please help. :)
Then please specify what you are searching for. If you want to have a link to a free copy of Tommy78´s paid mod this isn´t the right place to ask for.

The big bird is ingame :)

1646217616302.png

A fixed model is completed too, most visual problems are gone in the newer version.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your response to my cry of pain!
It was not my intention to discuss this here, there are other places for this (thanks to the administrators).
If you care, you can change your avatar to the blue and yellow flag of Ukraine and show your support.
Although we are alone on the battlefield, we feel the support of the whole world!
That's all, thank you all, once again!
:gtpflag:
Capture2.JPG

Thank you again for the feedback! However the one thing im skeptical about are are the gaps i have no clue if these are modeling errors done by SMS? The horizon 5 XJ220s TWR also has the gaps i have no clue if the XJ220S had its interior revamped apart from the steering wheel,seats, and the radio removed carbon piece. But ill look back in the files again to see if i exported anything wrong.

Not sure if Turn 10 dropped a bollock of not but gaps and alignment should be better, even allowing for 1990s build quality.
(second pic is from a standard XJ220)

1646218183229.png1646218441965.png

There are some PGR4/pCARS2/FH5 cockpit comparisons here. Hard to see detail, but FH5 and pCARS 2 do seem to have a large-ish gap on the left. Horizontal alignment seems better though?

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion Camill08. I already use the immersive pit market, but these still don't get rid the 'scary man' who stands in front of your car when you first load a session. ☠️
Yeah, I wish this could be changed / improved with further csp builds. @Peter Boese maybe you could send Ilja a message if he could work on the lollipop man as well (since you are a direct contact to him)?

Found a fix for the annoying flicker bug in CSP 1.78p.

Here you can see the massive flicker that happens with the latest CSP version. After some hours of testing I found out that this is caused by the new "Use newer DDS loader"-Option that is enabled by default.

To disable it in CM simply go to: Custom Shaders Patch - General Patch Settings - GPU optimizations - Use newer DDS loaderHere you can see the massive flicker that happens with the latest CSP version. After some hours of testing I found out that this is caused by the new "Use newer DDS loader"-Option that is enabled by default. To disable it in CM simply go to: Custom Shaders Patch - General Patch Settings - GPU optimizations - Use newer DDS loader

Last edited:
Then please specify what you are searching for. If you want to have a link to a free copy of Tommy78´s paid mod this isn´t the right place to ask for.
No i don't want to get paid mod for free. If it's paid, I'll pay for it. I downloaded from RD Italy TCR skinpack and there are 2 skins for car in folder "tcr_golf_gti". I asked author, but don't get answer which car is it. In my library I have 4 versions of Golf, but anyone works good with given skin (eatc_volkswagen_golf_gti, t78_vw_golf_tcr, wtcr_volkswagen_golf_gti, tcr_volkswagen_golf_gti_mk7). I know that I don't know too much about this car and searching is not easy. Thats why I posted question here.

Thanks for the suggestion Camill08. I already use the immersive pit market, but these still don't get rid the 'scary man' who stands in front of your car when you first load a session. ☠️
I remember a mod to completely remove "scary dude", that ships with Pacific Coast Highway or LA Canyons or one of the big free roams?

I remember a mod to completely remove "scary dude", that ships with Pacific Coast Highway or LA Canyons or one of the big free roams?
Yeah, I wish this could be changed / improved with further csp builds. @Peter Boese maybe you could send Ilja a message if he could work on the lollipop man as well (since you are a direct contact to him)?
Well, everything can be changed. :)

The "scary man" are the files pitcrew_Left.kn5 and pitcrew.kn5 in Objects3D. I had them replaced for some months with some ladys I've found somewhere.
pitgirls.PNG

Was more fun driving to the pits but they arent animated so I switched back to the vanilla crew. :)

Last edited:
Well, everything can be changed. :)

The "scary man" are the files pitcrew_Left.kn5 and pitcrew.kn5 in Objects3D. I had them replaced for some months with some ladys I've found somewhere.
View attachment 1119145

Was more fun driving to the pits but they arent animated so I switched back to the vanilla crew. :)
Ha ha. Isn't that the star of 'Rise of The Fembots'? 🔫 😳

Last edited:
No i don't want to get paid mod for free. If it's paid, I'll pay for it. I downloaded from RD Italy TCR skinpack and there are 2 skins for car in folder "tcr_golf_gti". I asked author, but don't get answer which car is it. In my library I have 4 versions of Golf, but anyone works good with given skin (eatc_volkswagen_golf_gti, t78_vw_golf_tcr, wtcr_volkswagen_golf_gti, tcr_volkswagen_golf_gti_mk7). I know that I don't know too much about this car and searching is not easy. Thats why I posted question here.
I think the best mod around is still the one from Tommy78, where the car file you mentioned above is exactly t78_vw_golf_tcr.

That´s the paid mod you find here:

Does anybody have a link or could post TCR Golf (tcr_golf_gti) car?
If the skins are "#82 Marco Butti" - "#93 Linos" & "#97 Alberto Tapparo", the name of the car is "tcr_volkswagen_golf_gti"

1646226709537.png

original preview :
1646226922849.png

Last edited:
Not sure if Turn 10 dropped a bollock of not but gaps and alignment should be better, even allowing for 1990s build quality.
(second pic is from a standard XJ220)

View attachment 1119124View attachment 1119126

There are some PGR4/pCARS2/FH5 cockpit comparisons here. Hard to see detail, but FH5 and pCARS 2 do seem to have a large-ish gap on the left. Horizontal alignment seems better though?

Then the car they scanned had wider gaps than normal (maybe built by a Tesla-affiliated factory ?)

Found a fix for the annoying flicker bug in CSP 1.78p.

Here you can see the massive flicker that happens with the latest CSP version. After some hours of testing I found out that this is caused by the new "Use newer DDS loader"-Option that is enabled by default.

To disable it in CM simply go to: Custom Shaders Patch - General Patch Settings - GPU optimizations - Use newer DDS loaderHere you can see the massive flicker that happens with the latest CSP version. After some hours of testing I found out that this is caused by the new "Use newer DDS loader"-Option that is enabled by default. To disable it in CM simply go to: Custom Shaders Patch - General Patch Settings - GPU optimizations - Use newer DDS loader

Sorry pal, but this option is not enabled by default in latest preview.

1646227707560.png

Hi.

That is why it would be better to ask for what you want/need, more specifically, in the first place.
It would avoid too much bla bla talk, and misunderstandings. :)

Btw. I use this lollipop guy and pit crew.

51beb48becb51e13ca77eb4beec277f9.gif

Not sure really lol. The gaps look quite different from the normal xj220 here

Looks like QA went out the window between the standard 220 and the S. Parts of the cockpit were probably hand made from plywood and plasticine if only six road-going versions were built. Or maybe Jaguar looked to the F40 cockpit as their benchmark..? :lol:

Looks like QA went out the window between the standard 220 and the S. Parts of the cockpit were probably hand made from plywood and plasticine if only six road-going versions were built. Or maybe Jaguar looked to the F40 cockpit as their benchmark..? :lol:
The rear wing is pretty much a dead giveaway for me that the car was really inspired by the F40. No wonder why they removed the radio.
__custom_showroom_1646232528.png

__custom_showroom_1646232611.png

Hi,
first i want to thank you Appexer for the files of the old nippon. A great add to this mod.
Now, have a look at the northern Europ:
OLD VIKING:
45208065735_9ec0451e36_b.jpg

Great car for this era:
-8.9s 0-100 (I made 9.1s but i'm bad)
-190km/h
-145 hp Turbo.
It's really a funny car to drive.
https://mega.nz/#!ttFRzI7Z!5lBVTrpghorf4dbkUCgOFRwT0gN67z1YaFnWAOHlIHg
Mike.
Sorry to ask, but the link has long expired for this Saab, so any chance Mike or anyone else could upload this again please?

Thanks in advance :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back