Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,839 comments
Look into the ext_config.ini file in the car's "extension" folder.

There you can change the illumination multiplier of the headlights. Look into the following line:

";======================== ORIGINAL ===================================

[LIGHT_HEADLIGHT_1]
COLOR=1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 50 [Change the '50' to a lower number. I went for 10 to 12 at my settings!]
RANGE=180"

You can also add the "RANGE" line, if you want to adjust how far the headlights should reach.
thamks for your response John! unfortunately, i do that but nothing change at all..also i tries to unpack data whit CM but in the data folder, the lights.ini are unreadable..i guess because are encripted

Hmmm, recently updated Content Manager and I cannot seem to select multiple cars/tracks to edit tags en masse.
Anyone else experiencing that?

No one asked it, but i worked on it for myself, so why not share it here (be sure to download also the track skin by Daniel Paez on RD)

VRC - Alabama track update by CrisT86

Just download, drag-n-drop and overwrite when asked

• New EXT_CONFIG featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX, Seasons (i kept few things from the Rusty config)
  • New TV Cams (2 sets, 4 different FOVs)
  • New TV Cams by @DaBaeda

View attachment 1144954View attachment 1144955View attachment 1144956View attachment 1144957View attachment 1144958
this download is just a text document with a load of chinese writing.............or japanese or something to that effect. am i doing something wrong?.

This is my first post.
RUF R50 Concept (RUF Supercar Concept)
Release Assetto Corsa my first time MOD (free MOD)

features:
・non encryption
・made collider, LOD_B, C, D
・emissive turnsignal, hazard
・active rear spoiler (over 120km/h)
・wiper animation

which can be edited freely. I'm inexperienced, so I'm still immature as a modder.
I will continue to study MOD making from now on.
View attachment 1271909View attachment 1271910View attachment 1271911
Welcome to GT-Planet

It's a RAR-archive. Just remove .txt at the end of the file.
excellent. thanks for the info and the quick reply this is the first time i have come across this.

**i have gone to do this and there is no .txt at the end of the file to delete, when its in my downloads tab in my web browser it says at the end .txt

but when its in my downloads page there is no .txt to remove it just says .rar**

Last edited:
100% agree, for me i just want to turn abs on...............cant even do that
Try creating a folder called 'data_override' in the 'extension' folder then put whatever .ini in there that has the ABS setting you need.
You can override encrypted data this way for most things. It's very useful for fixing stuff that shouldn't really need fixing in the first place.

Try creating a folder called 'data_override' in the 'extension' folder then put whatever .ini in there that has the ABS setting you need.
You can override encrypted data this way for most things. It's very useful for fixing stuff that shouldn't really need fixing in the first place.
oh very interesting i never knew you could do that, thanks @Masscot

tried it and it isn't having any of it if you turn abs on you get no brakes at all. and if you turn tc on it constantly locks the wheels. i will be remembering this info though for future issues.

Last edited:
excellent. thanks for the info and the quick reply this is the first time i have come across this.

**i have gone to do this and there is no .txt at the end of the file to delete, when its in my downloads tab in my web browser it says at the end .txt

but when its in my downloads page there is no .txt to remove it just says .rar**
If you don't see .txt, the file extension is hidden in your explorer. Just google for it, how to activate hidden extensions in the explorer. And for security reasons it's always better to see the extension of a file. A hidden .exe could be dangerous. (e.g. info.txt.exe)

If you don't see .txt, the file extension is hidden in your explorer. Just google for it, how to activate hidden extensions in the explorer. And for security reasons it's always better to see the extension of a file. A hidden .exe could be dangerous. (e.g. info.txt.exe)
i have unchecked "hide hidden extensions" (or words to that effect). which now shows me the .txt in my downloads so that sorted that, however if i rename the file and remove the ".txt" at the end i get this message pop up "if you change the filename extension, the file might become unusable, are you sure blah blah" if i say yes and change it windows 10 then asks me what bit of software to use to open it, if i click on the notepad its opens it and i get the same chinese symbols as before.

Last edited:
This is my first post.

features:
・non encryption
・wiper animation

which can be edited freely. I'm inexperienced, so I'm still immature as a modder.
That's the stuff we wanna see more around ! Nice job! Scratch made model?

i have unchecked "hide hidden extensions" (or words to that effect). which now shows me the .txt in my downloads so that sorted that, however if i rename the file and remove the ".txt" at the end i get this message pop up "if you change the filename extension, the file might become unusable, are you sure blah blah" if i say yes and change it windows 10 then asks me what bit of software to use to open it, if i click on the notepad its opens it and i get the same chinese symbols as before.

You want 7zip (or WinRar) as the application to open it with.

oh very interesting i never knew you could do that, thanks @Masscot

tried it and it isn't having any of it if you turn abs on you get no brakes at all. and if you turn tc on it constantly locks the wheels. i will be remembering this info though for future issues.
It should work if done correctly. I think you perhaps need the full .ini for whatever it is you're trying to do (in case that's not what you did).
So, unpack the data.acd, copy the full relevant .ini for whatever you want to adjust (eg driver3d.ini or whatever), make the adjustment then put the complete edited .ini in the data_override folder, then delete the unpacked data folder.
The same file structure and format needs to be used as per the unpacked data.

Last edited:
... encryption... It's like baking a delicious cake then thinking it'd be improved by smearing dog muck all over it.
1664a1e3f9af87c90cb49b8169c12e84--vintage-cooking-vintage-food.jpg

It should work if done correctly. I think you perhaps need the full .ini for whatever it is you're trying to do (in case that's not what you did).
So, unpack the data.acd, copy the full relevant .ini for whatever you want to adjust (eg driver3d.ini or whatever), make the adjustment then put the complete edited .ini in the data_override folder, then delete the unpacked data folder.
The same file structure and format needs to be used as per the unpacked data.
the problem is once you unpack the data you cannot pack it up again i get a message saying "cant pack data not allowed, make sure there is enough space". this happened to me yesterday when i tried to unpack the data edit the "electronics" and pack back up. i get the abs and tc working when i race but i get the scattered encryption model on track.

also when you unpack the data on this car the "electronics" file is there as usual but inside there is hardly anything written.

once you unpack the data on this car its rendered unusable.......

the problem is once you unpack the data you cannot pack it up again i get a message saying "cant pack data not allowed, make sure there is enough space". this happened to me yesterday when i tried to unpack the data edit the "electronics" and pack back up. i get the abs and tc working when i race but i get the scattered encryption model on track.

also when you unpack the data on this car the "electronics" file is there as usual but inside there is hardly anything written.

You can choose to run with unpacked data folder, it's in the race settings by the extended physics tab.

Unpacking the data doesn't delete data.acd, it creates a folder of the unpacked data. You don't need to repack it. Just delete the data folder when you are finished with it so the original data.acd remains untouched. You aren't changing anything in data.acd (in fact, the car will crash if data is encrypted), that's what data_override is for.

Last edited:
Replay Cams for Pascani Motorpark (o1 layout)

Howdy to one and all... It's been a while since last posting some worthwhile addons for this enriched simulation game. So here's a few laps showcasing some additional replay cams for a track from 'doublezero', recently posted on RD.

The car mod in the video is the 'Lotus 78 JPS Mk. III', well suited for this particular track for those folks that like to tame old-school racing mods (sensitive throttle/braking).

preview.jpg

Note: Since YT requires user-verification for links to be 'clickable', I've gotten around it (for now) by placing a couple of underscore-characters right-after the HTTPS on the commentary field... These are to be removed beforehand. In any case, the download link is also included below.

racealot-cams
Happy racing!

Last edited:
Unpacking the data doesn't delete data.acd, it creates a folder of the unpacked data. You don't need to repack it. Just delete the data folder when you are finished with it so the original data.acd remains untouched. You aren't changing anything in data.acd (in fact, the car will crash if data is encrypted), that's what data_override is for.
i understand what your saying, i no that when you unpack the data.acd it gives you a "data" folder to open. so i have just been through the process from scratch. this is what i have done:

1.unpacked the data.acd

2. taken the "electronics.ini" and put that into a folder called "data_override" which is situated in the "extension" folder

3 modified the "electronics.ini" because it has most of the code missing. so i added "slip ratio limit" e.t.c

4 remove the "data" folder so it just leaves the data.acd

5. try on track and notice there are no brakes at all with abs on and the tc is constantly engaged so the car hardly moves.

i am pretty sure i have done eveything correctly.

if i haven't please do let me no i am learning

and thanks for taking the time to explain it. you dont have to but you do :)

Last edited:
i understand what your saying, i no that when you unpack the data.acd it gives you a "data" folder to open. so i have just been through the process from scratch. this is what i have done:

1.unpacked the data.acd

2. taken the "electronics.ini" and put that into a folder called "data_override" which is situated in the "extension folder"

3 modified the "electronics.ini" because it has most of the code missing. so i added "slip ratio limit" e.t.c

5. try on track and notice there are no brakes at all with abs on and the tc is constantly engaged so the car hardly moves.

only mistake I see is that it is the "extension" folder , not "extension folder" ... but I guess that is just a typo :)

only mistake I see is that it is the "extension" folder , not "extension folder" ... but I guess that is just a typo :)
yeh just a typo ;)

maybe the car cannot be changed at all no matter what you do. i am guessing that is a possibility

Last edited:

1.unpacked the data.acd

2. taken the "electronics.ini" and put that into a folder called "data_override" which is situated in the "extension" folder

Check the existing config in the extension folder to make sure nothing is already overridden I guess?
Also, maybe don't add anything that wasn't in the original unpacked data. Just change the part about ABS or whatever it was you were wanting to edit.
Guessing here, so good luck.

Last edited:
there's this old soviet kart mod by zizhgames.ru , which you can download for free here
It drives amazingly well and is great fun!

Only big issue I have with it , is that the steering wheel of (AI) opponents is not being rendered.
(When I switch from cockpit cam to free-cam they are getting rendered.)

Anyone know a potential fix I can try?

Check the existing config in the extension folder to make sure nothing is already overridden I guess?
Also, maybe don't add anything that wasn't in the original unpacked data. Just change the part about ABS or whatever it was you were wanting to edit.
Guessing here, so good luck.
yeh i see what your saying. this is what is in the "electronics.ini"

[ABS]
PRESENT=0 ; 1 if present in car, 0 if not present (ABS always work if ABS assist is activated from realism menu UI)
ACTIVE=0 ; 1 will make the car start with ABS active (if present), 0 will make the car start with ABS inactive (even if present). ctrl+A to toggle

[TRACTION_CONTROL]
PRESENT=0 ; 1 if present in car, 0 if not present (TC always work if TC assist is activated from realism menu UI)
ACTIVE=0 ; 1 will make the car start with TC active (if present), 0 will make the car start with TC inactive (even if present). ctrl+T to toggle

i tried to just change it to the bear minimum i.e changing the "present" and "active" values but that had no effect either. i feel like we have pretty much tried it all.

i think they have encrypted it to a point where you cannot change anything at all really. But like i said before i never knew this work around existed so it may not have worked this time but there will definitely be a next where it may work.

thanks for your time @Masscot

This is my first post.

features:
・non encryption
・wiper animation

any chance you can share this via another host, megaupload is being troublesome for me.

@Alguecool i think this model is from PGR4

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back