Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,838 comments
So quick question for those with more knowledge than me!
How can I make the white sidelines less jagged on a track, I've tried subdividing the visible surface but no good, the track I'm messing with doesn't have a spline, I seen on lilski tutorial that increasing the resolution of the spline makes things smooth but how to do it when there is no spline.
Thanks to anyone that may help or even take the time to read this!

P.S. this image is not mine, it was posted by dms on page 4045 of this thread but it works to show what I'm asking about.
Screenshot_asr_1990_mclaren_mp4-5b_late_silverstone_1990_8-8-123-17-11-0~2.png

hi to all! i have singapore by ACU and singapore 2020 and neither of the two have wet surfaces.do you know if the pyyer extension have? because light of the city reflection on road surface would be awesosme to look! thaks in advance
Hi -- here are RainFX parameters for both tracks. Just copy the contents of each text file into the ext_config.ini file (in the extension folder) of the corresponding track. (I use only singapore_2020, but yes, the night reflections look pretty incredible!)

Attachments

• acu_singapore_RainFX.txt
    923 bytes · Views: 28
  • singapore_2020_RainFX.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hi -- here are RainFX parameters for both tracks. Just copy the contents of each text file into the ext_config.ini file (in the extension folder) of the corresponding track. (I use only singapore_2020, but yes, the night reflections look pretty incredible!)
Thank You quikslvr!!! Much aprecciated!!!!

Hey all,

A league I'm in is running an MX-5 Cup season this fall, and are attempting to run Macau Guia. I just have a question or two for those who are perhaps more plugged into Reboot Team and the version history of this track, so we can get squared away which version is the best/most recent.

So the first proper version of the Guia Circuit is titled "macau" under Breathe's list - last version update in 2018. This version was made by Jim Lloyd, who from my understanding is/was part of Reboot Team, and also was a large part of the "rt_macau" that was released two years later. From my understanding, this earlier version was the R3E laser scan rip - and it has quite a nice retexture by ClimaxF1 on RD.

Now, from what I understand, though, despite "rt_macau" having Jim Lloyd heavily involved as well, "rt_macau" is an entirely different track to "macau". Is that right? Is there some deviation of the track mesh from the R3E rip of the previous version, or is the track itself the exact same?

Thanks to anyone who may know the history of this - we plan on using vanilla "rt_macau" v.1.01 at the moment.

Cheers.

I was about to make the joke, but I held back... although since we are, here goes: We were kids until suddenly you realize that
NKOTB they already look like this... 😥

View attachment 1288401
While i was writing the post, i was thinking about who will be the first one bringing this joke.😆

Hi,

What about Gillet and Marcos updates ?

Thanks
Yes, I wanted to bring the update with the initial Ultima release, but the Ultima is taking longer than expected. So I think I'll release the update for Mantis, Vertigo and Z4 before Ultima.

Last edited:
Its actually not a fix. It depends on the tracks, what you need to set there. The main thinking behind the landscape shader is, to expand the track geometry to the horizon line. But if the track has many variations in height, the landscape shader would be visible within the track. But there are also tracks, with a benefit from this option, like mugello. Mugello has flat mountain billboards, which are floating in the empty space around the track. Activating the option will give them a flat ground and so the sit on the landscape now:

View attachment 1287996

active:
View attachment 1287997

on other tracks, this option would overdraw inside track geometry:
View attachment 1287998

active:
View attachment 1287999

The goal with the landscape shader is, to adjust its height to the height of the outer track geometry. So you don't see that the track is floating, if you move over the track.
You are right the Negative does not fully fix the issue as it seems to interfere somehow with treewalls etc.

However, I hope this leads you to find the bug as to why I only get a PURE landscape to render only if I check the Negative box

shi
Barbagallo 2006 v1.01

View attachment 1257688
Wanneroo Raceway, currently known as CARCO.com.au Raceway for naming rights reasons, is a 2.411 km (1.498 mi) motorsport circuit located in Neerabup, approximately 50 km (31 mi) north of Perth in Western Australia. It was built by the WA Sporting Car Club. (Wikipedia)

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
Original AC Track by Darren Blythe
-Thank you for giving me permission

2006 Update by @shi (shin956)
The pit building was taken from the rFactor1 track (Include readme_rfactor.txt), Original by Stuart Griffiths, Converted by The Lonely
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Test and Feedback by @slider666 , @Fanapryde , @Breathe , @Masscot

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Gavin Stewart.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fixed problem with pit meshes not being named properly. (Thanks TITI for the report.)
-Smoothed the white line at the entrance to the pit.
-Re-created pit_lane.ai.

Barbagallo 2006 v1.01
The link is in the quote.

v1.01 changelog;
-Fixed problem with pit meshes not being named properly. (Thanks TITI for the report.)
-Smoothed the white line at the entrance to the pit.
-Re-created pit_lane.ai.

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_barbagallo_2006_6-8-123-17-48-49.jpg

You are right the Negative does not fully fix the issue as it seems to interfere somehow with treewalls etc.

However, I hope this leads you to find the bug as to why I only get a PURE landscape to render only if I check the Negative box
which track do you use? could you post a picture?
What are your far plane settings?
1695208992032.png

Last edited:
So quick question for those with more knowledge than me!
How can I make the white sidelines less jagged on a track, I've tried subdividing the visible surface but no good, the track I'm messing with doesn't have a spline, I seen on lilski tutorial that increasing the resolution of the spline makes things smooth but how to do it when there is no spline.
Thanks to anyone that may help or even take the time to read this!

P.S. this image is not mine, it was posted by dms on page 4045 of this thread but it works to show what I'm asking about.
View attachment 1288371
There are two ways to do this.

UPDATE Modern Day Racing Series
First of all, thank you very much for the gigantic work you have done with this championship series. I spent almost the entire weekend downloading and installing the mods I was missing so I could use them (I couldn't believe the amount of missing content I had, but I don't regret anything XD). And now, the question. The TRR discord that contains the ARX 06 for the IMSA championship does not have the download link at the moment. Is there a car with similar characteristics that I can use as a substitute for that one? I ask this because I don't want to ruin the championship by adding a car that is either far superior or far inferior to TRR's. Again, thank you very much for this.

shi
There are two ways to do this.
Brilliant, I'll have a look through those, thank you very much for the help..

First of all, thank you very much for the gigantic work you have done with this championship series. I spent almost the entire weekend downloading and installing the mods I was missing so I could use them (I couldn't believe the amount of missing content I had, but I don't regret anything XD). And now, the question. The TRR discord that contains the ARX 06 for the IMSA championship does not have the download link at the moment. Is there a car with similar characteristics that I can use as a substitute for that one? I ask this because I don't want to ruin the championship by adding a car that is either far superior or far inferior to TRR's. Again, thank you very much for this.
Got PM.

interior skin for Seat Toledo "24hr" 2k/4k/6k

a quick interior skin for this car, the outside is bad the inside is a bit worse so i have had to make do with what i can here, its far from ideal or perfect but its a bit better than just a plain interior, just upscaling the og textures helped although the "generic.dds" only upsclaes to a certain point i cannnot push it beyond that. No pics from real life or anything just done of my head.

in the updates section or here: https://sharemods.com/d3t28px7hrka/interior_skins.7z.html

installation instruction s in the update section if needed

thanks
Screenshot_bem_seat_toledo_gt_rj_doningtonpark2023_20-8-123-0-2-17.jpg

thanks

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back