Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,715 comments
Personally I have no need for rain physics because the ai is terrible in the rain. I check every car I download and disable those things if they have them. Just give me the visual and i'm happy.
Have you ever tried Data Override to disable rain physics on cars with encrypted data?
Hopefully that works too, because your suggestion the 'normal' way works perfectly.

Have you ever tried Data Override to disable rain physics on cars with encrypted data?
Hopefully that works too, because your suggestion the 'normal' way works perfectly.
Not to sound stupid, but I don't know what a Data Override is or how you use\create it. Is it a file that an ext_config file? Typically I just unpack the data file, edit the cars.ini file and repack. I guess i've never had to do it on an encrypted car before so i've never run into a problem.

Good morning

I created the animation for Porsche 997 Cup R ACTK

It's not perfect, but it's functional

Create an extension folder, and inside it, an ext_config and then paste the lines

[DATE]
DISABLE_LIGHTSINI=0

[ANIMATED_WIPER_...]
MESHES = _CENT_SUB0.002
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = 997cupr_SUB3
DEBUG = 1 ; remove when everything is ready

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = _CENT_SUB0.002
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM = 1
---------------------
[ANIMATED_WIPER_0]
DEBUG = 1
MESHES = _CENT_SUB0.002
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = 997cupr_SUB3
GROUP_0 = '_CENT_SUB0.002@A=*'
GROUP_0_ANGLE_FROM = 88.1
GROUP_0_ANGLE_TO = -37.8
GROUP_0_AXIS = -0.07385625, 0.9848945, 0.1566146
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = -0.18836643, 0.40978655, 0.8925206
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = -0.18836643, 0.40978655, 0.8925206
GROUP_0_END = -0.0382843, 1.0721092, 0.024691224
GROUP_0_PIVOT = 0.009186335, 0.85999316, 0.80779684
GROUP_0_RUBBER_FROM = 0.030803848, 0.957317, 0.65373784
GROUP_0_RUBBER_OFFSET_AMOUNT = 0.0073
GROUP_0_RUBBER_OFFSET_EXP = 1
GROUP_0_RUBBER_OFFSET_POS = 0
GROUP_0_RUBBER_TO = 0.02507019, 1.209713, 0.17324829
GROUP_0_SCALE_LUT = '(|0.178=0.871|0.185=0.903|0.974=0.958|)'
GROUP_0_BASE_ANGLE_FROM = 44.5
GROUP_0_BASE_AXIS = -0.07385625, 0.9848945, 0.1566146
GROUP_0_BASE_PIVOT = 0.009186335, 0.85999316, 0.80779684

I hope it helps
Hugs

Not to sound stupid, but I don't know what a Data Override is or how you use\create it. Is it a file that an ext_config file? Typically I just unpack the data file, edit the cars.ini file and repack. I guess i've never had to do it on an encrypted car before so i've never run into a problem.
You can override some (not all, it seems) encrypted data* by creating a folder called 'data_override' in the extension folder and putting whatever edited X.ini you want in there, thus leaving the original data.acd effectively untouched and therefore not borking subsequent loading on cars that use encrypted data as part of their overall encryption. Normally, editing the data.acd or leaving it unpacked afterwards means that these cars will crash during loading.
So for what we're trying to do, the process should (I think!) be:
1. unpack the car's data.acd
2. copy the car.ini from the unpacked data folder
3. create a folder called 'data_override' in the 'extension' folder
4. put the car.ini copy in the 'data_override' folder (still call it car.ini, not car.ini_copy or whatever)
5. delete the unpacked data folder in the main car folder so that the original data.acd remains untouched
6. edit the car.ini that's in the 'data_override' folder with the commented HEADER and extended physics entries, keeping the rest of the car.ini config as the original

I've not tested this specifically for disabling extended physics, but it works for other stuff I've tried.

*technically, ALL data.acd is encrypted. I'm talking here about additional encryption that some modders use to lock down their oh-so-perfect creations.

Last edited:
You can override some (not all, it seems) encrypted data by creating a folder called 'data_override' in the extension folder and putting whatever edited X.ini you want in there, thus leaving the original data.acd effectively untouched and therefore not borking subsequent loading on cars that use encrypted data as part of their overall encryption. Normally, editing the data.acd or leaving it unpacked afterwards means that these cars will crash during loading.
4. put the car.ini copy in the 'data_override' folder (still call it car.ini, not car.ini_copy or whatever)
5. delete the unpacked data folder in the main car folder so that the original data.acd remains untouched
6. edit the car.ini that's in the 'data_override' folder with the commented HEADER and extended physics entries, keeping the rest of the car.ini config as the original

I've not tested this specifically for disabling extended physics, but it works for other stuff I've tried.
Thanks for the knowledge. I'll have to find a car to test this on. I think most of the GUE cars are encrypted so I can try one of those and see if it works.

Curious though, if you can unpack the data file, do you need the data_override folder? Couldn't you just rename the data.acd file, edit the cars.ini file in the unpacked data folder and the game will use the data folder files for the car?

Thanks for the knowledge. I'll have to find a car to test this on. I think most of the GUE cars are encrypted so I can try one of those and see if it works.

Curious though, if you can unpack the data file, do you need the data_override folder? Couldn't you just rename the data.acd file, edit the cars.ini file in the unpacked data folder and the game will use the data folder files for the car?
I seems like it depends on the type of encryption.
Based on my experiences, some cars have encrypted blue crystal KN5s but can have their data edited with no problem, but others run some kind of check on data.acd to ensure it's not been altered (and in these cases unpacked data usually won't work either). This is when data override is needed.
If a car fails to load after editing the data, try the data override method.

Last edited:
Not mine but the Gabiria-Legazpi port fromRBR (one of the best tracks of the game) is coming very soon to AC 👀. Images are from WIP version, sent by the author to CSP discord.

Screenshot_2024-01-06_202835.jpg
Screenshot_2024-01-06_191633.jpg

Hi guys, since hearing that Glickenhaus is goi to race again at the nurburgring 24h, is there any race version of the 004 car that they are going to bring it there?
As far as I can tell the only somewhat racing version of that car is based on the pre production renders and is by RTM so it’s a pretty terrible representation all around.

The only game that has modelled the real racing version that runs at the N24 seems to be Asphalt 9.

1707415182484.png

Not sure if anyone even thinks it’s worth converting that model but it’s out there. And I guess that actually means I need to correct my stance lol. Besides the 458 GT3 this is another modern GT3 car we’re currently missing in the game, although it’s not homologated.

You can override some (not all, it seems) encrypted data* by creating a folder called 'data_override' in the extension folder and putting whatever edited X.ini you want in there, thus leaving the original data.acd effectively untouched and therefore not borking subsequent loading on cars that use encrypted data as part of their overall encryption. Normally, editing the data.acd or leaving it unpacked afterwards means that these cars will crash during loading.

*technically, ALL data.acd is encrypted. I'm talking here about additional encryption that some modders use to lock down their oh-so-perfect creations.
I've tested the "data_override" option with the URD Darche Cup 2021 to change the ingame name in car.ini from "Darche" to "Porsche" and to increase the brightness of the brakes in lights.ini. The ingame name doesn't change, but the brakes are really brighter. So I guess, that "data_override" does only work for ini-files, that do not effect the performance of the car like lights.ini or driver3d.ini. Otherwise you could use it for cheating in online races, e.g. by reducing the weight of the car in car.ini. The result is, that there is no way to deactivate the extended physics in cars with modder encrypted data.acd file, even if you can read the ini-files.

Last edited:
I've always had to edit the car.ini file to completely stop rain physics by commenting out one or both of these lines. Like you, disabling extended physics never seemed to work.

;[HEADER]
;VERSION=extended-X

;[_EXTENSION]
;RAIN_DEV=1

Got the idea from this VIDEO that I used back in the day to enable rain physics when they were new. I just did the opposite. The important part is near the end of the video.
later CSP's have the rain phys tied to extended-2 inherently so the rain_dev stuff is redundant now (for some previews now)

With PURE, is there an option to disable rain physics for all cars (including those that use extended physics) if you just want to occasionally drive in changing dry-wet-dry conditions without having to pit every few laps to change tyres?
The SOL planner had a little slider to make rain driving easier or harder by changing rain grip levels, but PURE does not seem to have this.
Some cars have dry grip even in torrential conditions, but others don't and are undriveable without changing to wet tyres, even with extended physics disabled in CM settings.
I know AC is a sim, but the option would be nice for occasional use. It must exist somewhere, surely?
@Peter Boese ..?
I know there's a way inside one of the cfg files to disable rain phys inherently (only for user not AI) but I can't remember for the life of me what it was

maybe try adding _EXT_RAIN_PHYSICS = 0 under assists.ini (assettocorsa/cfg). not 100% sure but I know there is a method to disable rain phys

Last edited:
Hello guys, is there any F1 2012 mod which is better than SD mod?
They get more and more horrible to drive in my opinion.

Is there any good F1 2012 mod out there or in the works??

Hello guys, is there any F1 2012 mod which is better than SD mod?
They get more and more horrible to drive in my opinion.

Is there any good F1 2012 mod out there or in the works??
i have one but really i don´t know where it is from.... or if it´s SD one ??? How do i recognize that? I do not have any SD mods, at least i don´t know i i have... :D

I thinks it´s ok, driveable. But nothing special by todays standarts.

This is gold! Now I can finally fix those floating digital_instruments on encrypted cars. Only tested 1 so far, but it works. :D

I'm sorry, I didn't understand, will they be public in the future or will they be paid? In the latter case it's not a problem for me to buy... thanks
no paid mods

it's a lesson for me i had never even heard of Sintura until your post.
The model is from total immersion racing

i know is not perfect (3D Model from Asoluto Racing)

Last edited:
This is gold! Now I can finally fix those floating digital_instruments on encrypted cars. Only tested 1 so far, but it works. :D
Glad it helps!
Just remember, it's only necessary when the data is locked - more often than not, it's only the car model that's encrypted, and the actual data is freely editable.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back