Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,727 comments
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a huge difference. If you figure out why, please post your findings here. Thx.
It’s a weight issue in the ‘total mass’ section of each car’s car.ini file. Basically they’re about 80-100kg too heavy - you have to ignore what the numbers say, regarding real-world weight, and look purely at the on-track performance.

I’ve got them acting very much like 1991-spec F1 cars, in race and qualy trim by doing this.

Your(and other’s) mileage may vary, which I’m sure it will, but I’m satisfied where I have them.
I don’t race online, so I’m not concerned about them being fixed on their site, but I wish this was the default experience for everyone, as 1991 will always be my fave F1 season ever.
Not everyone has the time/desire/knowledge to edit each car individually and repack the data files also.

BTW, this weight/mass issue isn’t just specific to to the mod team, some Kunos default cars have it too.
Kunos’ Sauber Mercedes C9 Group C car is also around 100KG too heavy in total mass, too. They were around 6-8 seconds a lap slower than the real world times around Brands Hatch in 1988 - in qualy and race trim, taking the changes to Graham Hill bend into account.
I had the ai at 100% as always, and got them to within a 1-2 second window.

Last edited:
@Cozy61

My first solution to use @Pyyer extension of Jeddah (or others where's the problem)
under CSP (that's because CSP has a problem to load .zip files) is:

1) Into ext_config.ini change these values from 1 to 0 that "use" textures.zip

[INCLUDE: ext_config-original.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

[INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-jeddah-2022.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

[INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-jeddah-2022-environment.ini]
ACTIVE = 0

[INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-jeddah-2022-animations.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

[INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-jeddah-2022-lights.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

[INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-clock.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

[INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-jeddah-2022-displays.ini]
ACTIVE = 0

[INCLUDE: ext_config-cozy61-saudiarabia-2022-sfx.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

2) Unzip textures.zip and "use" it as skin into skin folder and activated it into CM.

3) Delete textures.zip file from extension folder

Ok, not the better way to use fully the extension but game works.

If someone have advices?

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the rain physics arent working for me? I have the rain and I enabled "use extended physics", but when I drive in the rain the physics are the same as when it is dry. I also already updated sol and tried to reinstall csp multiple times

Hey, does anyone have v3 of the RSS Formula Hybrid 2017 and it's templates (it became free in 2020, but lost it when I had to reinstall my AC)? It has 2 cars in it; one with the sharkfin, one without.

Ok, not the better way to use fully the extension but game works.

If someone have advices?
I just extracted the zip-file and edited all the references to it out form config (RESOURCE_FILE_0 = textures.zip::Transparent.dds).

Hey, does anyone have v3 of the RSS Formula Hybrid 2017 and it's templates (it became free in 2020, but lost it when I had to reinstall my AC)? It has 2 cars in it; one with the sharkfin, one without.
It's still free to download from official site: https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/fh17/

Last edited:
It’s a weight issue in the ‘total mass’ section of each car’s car.ini file. Basically they’re about 80-100kg too heavy - you have to ignore what the numbers say, regarding real-world weight, and look purely at the on-track performance.

I’ve got them acting very much like 1991-spec F1 cars, in race and qualy trim by doing this.

Your(and other’s) mileage may vary, which I’m sure it will, but I’m satisfied where I have them.
I don’t race online, so I’m not concerned about them being fixed on their site, but I wish this was the default experience for everyone, as 1991 will always be my fave F1 season ever.
Not everyone has the time/desire/knowledge to edit each car individually and repack the data files also.

BTW, this weight/mass issue isn’t just specific to to the mod team, some Kunis cars have it too.
Kunos’ Sauber Mercedes C9 Group C car is also around 100KG too heavy in total mass, too. They were around 6-8 seconds a lap slower than the real world times around Brands Hatch in 1988. In qualy and race trim, taking the changes to Graham Hill bend into account.
I had the ai at 100% as always, and got them to within a 1-2 second window.
Total mass includes the weight of the driver (75Kg) in Assetto Corsa. Fuel is not included in this parameter.

Hi @Cozy61

I don't know why but Jeddah inside your archive sometimes works, sometimes not. I can't understand!
I renamed the kn5 file into the main folder but problem remain.

I am on CSP 1.76, SOL 2.2 and (latest?) CM 0.8.2358.38968 (you have tested with CM 0.8.2297.38573)

In log I have these errors:

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
Loading 74 textures
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA332EAB)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA332EAB)
00007FFBBA332EAB (DWrite): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA425C8C)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA425C8C)
00007FFBBA425C8C (DWrite): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA355846)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA355846)
00007FFBBA355846 (DWrite): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA358ACE)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA358ACE)
00007FFBBA358ACE (DWrite): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBB9BCBD4D)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBB9BCBD4D)
00007FFBB9BCBD4D (DWrite): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBB9BCD911)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBB9BCD911)
00007FFBB9BCD911 (DWrite): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA5239F0)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA5239F0)
00007FFBBA5239F0 (DWrite): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFC20C87034)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFC20C87034)
00007FFC20C87034 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): (function-name not available)
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFC22382651)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFC22382651)
00007FFC22382651 (ntdll): (filename not available): (function-name not available)

Someone can help me? Thanks in advance!
Csp issue. I reported it on github and it will be fixed on next csp release

Total mass includes the weight of the driver (75Kg) in Assetto Corsa. Fuel is not included in this parameter.
I know, it goes against the common sense, but like I said, ignore the displayed numbers, judge purely by car performance on track.
That’s why I said it. Try it(remove the driver’s weight from the total mass value) and compare.

Last edited:
Hi,

does someone have an updated version of the Honda RA300 ?

I have 2 version of this car but both are very similar and stay a pain to drive and heard.
thx

1645958974452.png

Hi,

does someone have an updated version of the Honda RA300 ?

I have 2 version of this car but both are very similar and stay a pain to drive and heard.
thx

View attachment 1117911
I have a v1.2 from Bazza somewhere... (part of a f1_classic pack).
And there's the AC1967 GPL mod (also from Bazza) where the car is included too (v2.20), but the models are different.
It would be useful and time saving to indicate which version(s) you have.

Edit, I just reinstalled and tried them both. Nothing wrong with either of them imo...keep in mind that these are 1967 F1 cars...

Last edited:
I just extracted the zip-file and edited all the references to it out form config (RESOURCE_FILE_0 = textures.zip::Transparent.dds).
Oh! Thank You! I try.

At today Formula Hybrid 2017 is free. Visit RSS shop.
https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/fh17/
and here the templates
https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/fh17-templates/

AMS Renault Test Track v1.1
conversion from GTR2.
Fictional circuit in France.

Screenshot_ks_mazda_miata_ams_renault_test_track_27-1-122-14-40-59.jpg

-CSP recommended
-35 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
Gildoorf Rozencrantz, Ruboy, PrBlanco and Lo2k, the author of the GP4 original version and Thank you for gave me permission (Gildoorf)
Rickylix, conversion to rFactor
6ecko, conversion to GTR2

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI and camtool by @Viola_seven
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Breathe , @KevinK2, @RMi_wood
RainFX by @KevinK2
cam and ext_config parts by @CrisT86
background by kunos

The readme for GP4, rF, GTR2, and AC can be found in the _readme folder.
Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

v1.01 changelog;
Updated ext_config.
Updated grass material.
Deleted unnecessary objects.
Spectator now supports camera_facing.
Added cam by CrisT86.
Added camtool by Viola_seven.

v1.1 changelog;
Added 3D terrain.
Added Alternative Billboard Skin by Mascot. (Thanks)
Updated rock texture.
Updated skidmarks.
Updated ext_config.
Fixed road mapping.
Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
The camera tractor was replaced by a kunos one.
Some minor fixes were made.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_mazda_miata_ams_renault_test_track_27-1-122-14-38-35.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mazda_miata_ams_renault_test_track_27-1-122-14-38-35.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Does anyone use cars from F1 ASR Formula 1991? I installed and disappointed, in my opinion it is terrible, they are very slow in the corners (understeer is very pronounced). As an example, i compared on Suzuka track with a real McLaren MP4 / 6(onboard camera) the speed in the corners is slower by about ~50 km / h. than in real 1991 F1 cars, because of this, the lap time is +6/10 seconds to real indicators. In the corners, the car feels like a heavy truck, but not a car with a weight of about 550 kg with wide slick tires . This can be somehow fixed, perhaps there is any fix-mod?
Thanks.
Sorry for my english.
There's a YouTube channel called Test Drive 777 who makes more realistic versions of 1990s F1 cars in both the way they drive and in lap times.

He's created a modpack that includes new aero and tyre config files that give the cars more realistic aero and tyres from their respective eras. These files aren't for any individual cars in particular and serve more as a framework for you to modify yourself so they better suit the performance and characteristics of each individual car.

They've also created a playlist on the basics of modifying cars in AC.

shi
AMS Renault Test Track v1.0
RD Link
MEGA Link

conversion from GTR2.
Fictional circuit in France.View attachment 1117920
View attachment 1117921
-CSP required
-35 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Gildoorf Rozencrantz, Ruboy, PrBlanco and Lo2k, the author of the GP4 original version and Thank you for gave me permission (Gildoorf)

AI by @Viola_seven
RainFX by @KevinK2
background by kunos

Enjoy.
perfect timing as ive just done the basics on this
Screenshot_tmw_renault_sport_spider_real_spa_27-2-122-10-51-36.jpg

Last edited:
shi
RD Link
MEGA Link

conversion from GTR2.
View attachment 1117921
-CSP required
-35 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;

AI by @Viola_seven
RainFX by @KevinK2
background by kunos

Enjoy.
Top job @shi ..!
Have some alt billboards for it.
Screenshot_ms_mazda_mx5_nd_ams_renault_test_track_26-2-122-11-48-8.jpg Screenshot_ms_mazda_mx5_nd_ams_renault_test_track_26-2-122-11-42-25.jpg Screenshot_ms_mazda_mx5_nd_ams_renault_test_track_26-2-122-11-44-36.jpg

Last edited:
shi
RD Link
MEGA Link

conversion from GTR2.
View attachment 1117921
-CSP required
-35 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;

AI by @Viola_seven
RainFX by @KevinK2
background by kunos

Enjoy.
Big thank you shi. That is looking really good! The old version was rubbish, but now it's a keeper. 🙏

Does anyone know why the rain physics arent working for me? I have the rain and I enabled "use extended physics", but when I drive in the rain the physics are the same as when it is dry. I also already updated sol and tried to reinstall csp multiple times
If you have the RSR app, disable it...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back