Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Coming soon : PROCAR 1997 Accord (the Mk5 was used in real life but sod the SD mod lmao).

__custom_showroom_1672655807.jpg

__custom_showroom_1672655801.jpg

Others VZM's (like the Benson & Hedges one) in the works

They do have more triangles than most car mods. Probably because of the detailed engine bay. But the latest RSS LMP cars have a similar count, and they aren't as harsh on performance so that can't be the only source. I get dancing artifacts and black screens in addition to the poor framerate, regardless of version. Even when locking AC at low fps. So there's something going on under the hood. The question what, and if it can be fixed?

Edit: Turning off Extra FX in CSP made a HUGE difference on the Mondeo. Will check if that's a cure for the other cars as well.
I'm in VR so Extra FX isn't available anyway but I have had to dial back quite a bit of stuff elsewhere. Kind of frustrating but I am enjoying racing the VRC cars.

VRC replied to me on their Discord to say that the fully modelled engine was the reason for the large no. of tri's and that it was already optimised as far as it could be.

Strangely, I've found that I can load the game and get bottlenecked by either CPU (5950x) or GPU (3080TI) but if I close and reload I'm OK! I don't get this issue with other mods previously.

I was running 8xMSAA but have now returned that to 4xMSAA but turned on MFAA in Nvidia control panel.

Lots of other little compromises here and there but that was the main one for me.

One important thing to do is set any AI to the standard variant and only choose CSP version for yourself. Lots of additional physics calculations required for CSP variants and therefore load on CPU.

Last edited:
For those who are interested in a little fun at the end of the year, without too much perfection.
There are some cars included in the micro packs (1978 and 1979), and in the mini pack (1979/1980) that were made about 2 months ago when I was still more active.

For now, attention "around here" is on "things much more important to me". As much as possible I'll put something new (if I can, if any rules are broken, please let the moderators know). Thank you all!

Micro pack 1978
Micro pack 1979
Mini pack 1980/1981

After I had uploaded the files, I noticed that some cars had "very shiny" tires.

I hope that most of you could solve it using the "Content Manager", I learned from a "tip" that was given to me right here in the "forum", I believe that everyone will be able to solve it.

The other "problem" is the "driver's position", I noticed that one of the Renaults (pack 1980/1981) has this problem, he was way behind (the hands do not reach the steering wheel). It is solved very easily, also by the "Content Manager".
Incredible work man !! And lot of thanks for sharing :)
Great to have this cars in Assetto 👍

Are you going to make other packs for other cars later? I saw your 54, 57, 60, 70, 71 cars...
Nice day :cheers:

Last edited:
Anyone know how I get android auto to display in portrait mode? I know it can be done since I have some McLaren with a screen layout like that, but when I change resolution and/or size of the mnba standalone android, the screen turns black and display the error: Must be at least 4:3 aspect ratio (1.33)
Figured it out! When I use [Include: Common/navigators.ini] I can alter the resolution and size to portrait ratio, but when I use [INCLUDE: android_auto/config.ini] I can not. So I cant really use android auto, but I only use navigation anyway. So for me the problem is fixed.

I'm in VR so Extra FX isn't available anyway but I have had to dial back quite a bit of stuff elsewhere. Kind of frustrating but I am enjoying racing the VRC cars.

VRC replied to me on their Discord to say that the fully modelled engine was the reason for the large no. of tri's and that it was already optimised as far as it could be.

Strangely, I've found that I can load the game and get bottlenecked by either CPU (5950x) or GPU (3080TI) but if I close and reload I'm OK! I don't get this issue with other mods previously.

I was running 8xMSAA but have now returned that to 4xMSAA but turned on MFAA in Nvidia control panel.

Lots of other little compromises here and there but that was the main one for me.

One important thing to do is set any AI to the standard variant and only choose CSP version for yourself. Lots of additional physics calculations required for CSP variants and therefore load on CPU.
Seems like their priorities are arse-about-face if having a detailed engine model that's hidden 99.9% of the time is more important than framerate and performance when actually driving the cars.
Then again I've never understood why so many modders want doors, bonnets and boots to open on their cars.
Play Forza instead?

Last edited:
Seems like their priorities are arse-about-face if having a detailed engine model that's hidden 99.9% of the time is more important than framerate and performance when actually driving the cars.
Then again I've never understood why so many modders want doors, bonnets and boots to open on their cars.
Play Forza instead?
I agree 100%. I thought about replying in a similar vein but decided against it! They obviously have their minds made up with the line "These mods are already greatly optimized, there's nothing left to improve in that aspect."

Play Forza instead?
you forgot the most important feature !
Android Auto!

so you can watch youtube in your virtual bmw m4 black tuned edition while steering it with your iphone!

Play Forza instead?
Thats disappointing indeed. I was just about buying the pack.
But i am thinking about right now.
My cpu is bit older ryzen2700x but disabeling eye candies like extraFX and co is no option…

Did those Performance problem not occure already with a Indycar pack from VRC?!

After having an extremely busy 2022, I found a bit of time to get back into 3DS MAX again.
"Mid America Motorplex" has been around in sim racing since the days of Sports Car GT. It has been converted to rFactor, GTL, GTR2 and also to AC, but all the fantasy trees, grand stands and other track side objects the original creator included have never been removed. Because I like the flow of the track I decided to give it a try to get it closer to reality. WIP.
Recently the track's name has been changed to "Raceway Park of the Midlands".

PS: Yes, I will try to finish Crystal Palace later on!

The real track:
MAM real.jpg

The old SCGT / rFactor / GTR2 / AC version:
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_mam_2-1-123-13-9-41.jpg

My W.I.P.:
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_zw_rpm_2-1-123-15-57-11.jpg

Last edited:
Regard VRC BTCC performance... Might be worth a few of us mentioning it directly on their official Discord. I seem to be the only one that has highlighted performance issues and, as such, their response is quite dismissive.

Last edited:
Really nice E36 M3 update from Daiki Naruse on FB.
Easily the best E36 available for AC, I reckon.

e46.jpg

For any VR/first person drivers out there, the driver's hands were clipping through the steering wheel so here's a rescaled/repositioned driver to fix it, plus a better shifting animation.
As usual, remove the .txt extensions and add driver_base_pos.knh to the car folder, and steer.ksanim & shift.ksanim to the 'animation' folder.
Swap this timing into data/driver3d.ini too:

Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=330
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=330
PRELOAD_RPM=8500
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=1

Attachments

• shift.ksanim.txt
    98.3 KB · Views: 22
  • driver_base_pos.knh.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 24
  • steer.ksanim.txt
    212.3 KB · Views: 20
Play Forza instead?
Because in a simulator cars should be looked at, not driven...right? 😂

Updating the Lola B2K/10

This is part of the planned January releases

Four Powertrain Options Judd V10, Ford V8, VW V10 Turbo Charged Diesel,Porsche F6 Turbo Charged

Cars will be released in packs

Pack 1 Judd V10, Ford V8

Pack 2 VW V10 Turbo Charged Diesel and Porsche F6 Turbo Charged

Sorry for low rez pictures(working on issues with pc).

Screenshot_lola_b2k10_judd_acf_hsring_2-0-123-10-47-32.jpgScreenshot_lola_b2k10_porsche_adelaide2011_2-0-123-10-42-14.jpg
Screenshot_lola_b2k10_porsche_adelaide2011_2-0-123-10-42-8.jpg
Screenshot_lola_b2k10_porsche_adelaide2011_2-0-123-10-41-48.jpg
Screenshot_lola_b2k10_judd_acf_hsring_2-0-123-10-48-21.jpg
Screenshot_lola_b2k10_judd_acf_hsring_2-0-123-10-48-5.jpg
Screenshot_lola_b2k10_judd_acf_hsring_2-0-123-10-47-54.jpg
Screenshot_lola_b2k10_judd_acf_hsring_2-0-123-10-47-44.jpg

A bit misleading marketing, I was buying 963 2023,but got 919 Evo from 2018.
It's fairly clear from the pics/video what the car is, surely?

After having an extremely busy 2022, I found a bit of time to get back into 3DS MAX again.
"Mid America Motorplex" has been around in sim racing since the days of Sports Car GT. It has been converted to rFactor, GTL, GTR2 and also to AC, but all the fantasy trees, grand stands and other track side objects the original creator included have never been removed. Because I like the flow of the track I decided to give it a try to get it closer to reality. WIP.

Lol, I'd played Mid America in several games and I remember it clearly from SCGT but I honestly didn't realise it was real until your post! I've probably skipped over the name a hundred times on RacingSportscars when skimming SCCA results too... oops!

Great news on Crystal Palace too, I feared we'd lost you to work!

Last edited:
<snip> all the fantasy trees, grand stands and other track side objects the original creator included have never been removed.
Thank you for this! I live about half an hour away from this track and the inclusion of all that stuff was always so off-putting compared to how this area looks irl 😁

The real track:
View attachment 1220151

The old SCGT / rFactor / GTR2 / AC version:

My W.I.P.:
Tell me you're going to include the dragstrip area as well?

I agree about high poly engine bays and other details being pointless when it affects racing.

To be honest Id say the same about a lot of really nice looking tracks that get released with dismal AI to race against.

Is there a guide on creating our own AI data because I'm fed up with the bad AI on a lot of tracks.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back