• 136,347 comments
DiRT3 - Michigan Rally v1.0

bgr_03.jpg

bgr_00.jpg

bgr_02.jpg

The follow-up and companion route to Michigan Trail

features:
  • 4 pit/grid w/AI + Hotlap
  • point-to-point tarmac/dirt/gravel (50/50/60)
  • CSP features RainFX, GrassFX, Lighting, seasonal adustments and more
  • a big jump! (you have been warned...)
  • easter-eggs (hint: FIRE FIRE)
*bugs: known bugs are known

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::

All of my tracks and cars can be found on Patreon

Last edited:
Fixing those things can be real take time because it's a trial and error to find the correct aspect. One texture to fix is OK. But I got used to it else you see it everywhere, it's like people who can stand that some trees looked mirrored because of the cross technique, and billboard is more realistic or what?

Well here you got it:

v1.2
  • fixed a stretched logo reported by Masscot

Thanks mate, I appreciate that. Agree on the mirrored trees too, they can be equally distracting and can be another reminder of the source material along with washboarď mesh stepping around corners and cardboard flags. I guess the modder always needs to make a judgement call as to whether the track justifies the extra effort required to get it closer to AC standards. Some tracks might not need much work but others will require extensive overhauls.

Thanks both, discussion like this always good to follow - for sure everyone has their own things that break immersion so it's different from one to another.

Thanks for Snetterton in particular Rainmaker, I think this one works particularly well without too many objects directly trackside to give the 'cardboard' feeling away. And boy wasn't this a better circuit without the modern interior loop that British GT will be running this weekend! The ACC version might be better quality but boy is it a less fun track to drive.

My personal immersion breakers for this one are the repetition of crowd and bush textures; always gets me when the crowd texture loop is so obvious.

Other point on this one but the AI is really slow - they don't venture into the tarmac 'run off' areas at all, so even at 100% I'm frequently 3 seconds faster than them (and I'm far from being an 'alien'!). I'll try to have a play at creating one when I get a chance.

Anyway, thanks for the updates and for the continual improvements to them, much appreciated.

Yeah sure, that's why the URD PX1 Darche looks like a Great Value 919 compared to the official 919 Hybrid (narrower front-end, etc).

Or the M4 GT3 which was utterly wrong but hey, gotta release it anyway !
URD are definitely the weakest of the trio, the PXs are a lot of meh and never got love from them...released and then almost forgotten. M4 was a big mess yeah, fun to drive though. Their best one is the C8R, i.m.h.o.

A part from this I think we can all safely say that VRC and RSS releases in the last 18 months are beyond any expectations, can't speak for the open wheelers because I don't care about'em. SuperTourers spoiled all my fun of driving any other Turismo.

Mercer follows the good trend, none of that damn "2nd gen audi 80 with a v8" sketchy feeling of the two free versions.

p.s.: ooops...forgot about the scg, moyoda and loire which are very good and hopefully setting a new standard for URD.

Last edited:
hey guys, this dude right here has an awesome ppfilter: https://www.patreon.com/phizm/posts for me its the best out there
PPfilters.jpg

EDIT:
Don't get me wrong, wine or beer have so many varieties, beause people have different tastes. And its the same with ppfilters. So its just the saying "its the best" or "its the best for me" what is like a meme for me. Mostly it depends of the users monitor and the thing what the users wants to see or needs to see to get into a "realism". So ppfilters are subjective like wine or beer...

Last edited:
Thanks both, discussion like this always good to follow - for sure everyone has their own things that break immersion so it's different from one to another.

Thanks for Snetterton in particular Rainmaker, I think this one works particularly well without too many objects directly trackside to give the 'cardboard' feeling away. And boy wasn't this a better circuit without the modern interior loop that British GT will be running this weekend! The ACC version might be better quality but boy is it a less fun track to drive.

My personal immersion breakers for this one are the repetition of crowd and bush textures; always gets me when the crowd texture loop is so obvious.

Other point on this one but the AI is really slow - they don't venture into the tarmac 'run off' areas at all, so even at 100% I'm frequently 3 seconds faster than them (and I'm far from being an 'alien'!). I'll try to have a play at creating one when I get a chance.

Anyway, thanks for the updates and for the continual improvements to them, much appreciated.
I also have a immersion killer! Real motorsport is very expensive, sim racing not. Therefore I have a PayPal link put into the Read Me where you can donate all of your money to get a realistic experience. Ain't that a great idea? This is much more realistic! And I, I mean we would profit a lot from it.

Anyway here is your update, but 2 sec. faster was the best I could get. Times differ from mod to mod anyway.

UPDATE Snetterton 1964

v1.3
  • 2 sec. faster AI
  • new loading screen with the fixed Esso logo

@Rainmaker87

Hi, into your great super pack there is a link to Bremgarten - 1950s by Fat Alfie.
I have a your version of Bremgarten 1954 v2.0.
What's the difference?
Thanks
Fat Alfies version is a modern scratch made AC track. Mine is a rF conversion with great updates by the Reboot Team. Which link do you mean? There are only links to the rF conversion in my track.

Last edited:
Fat Alfies version is a modern scratch made AC track. Mine is a rF conversion with great updates by the Reboot Team. Which link do you mean? There are only links to the rF conversion in my track.
Into readme of your GPLmania Championships (LEGENDS OF THE 50S and SPIRIT OF SPEED)
Version for download is Bremgarten 1950s by Fat-Alfie (v1.01)

Your version is not present into your GPLmania Champioships readme file.

Last edited:
Yeah I did take Fat-Alfies version that is might more reliable to the most players. But you can change that easily by yourself, I wrote how to do in the GPLmania Read Me.

@Rainmaker87

Hi, into your great super pack there is a link to Bremgarten - 1950s by Fat Alfie.
I have a your version of Bremgarten 1954 v2.0.
What's the difference?
Thanks
Why not try them both and see what is for you the best. Personally I do like FatAlfies more then the converted one. That's because I normally race with pre-war cars and in my opinion this FA track is better suited for this time period. Also it’s not my favorite choice how @Rainmaker87 uses 2D objects, like 2D crowd near the track and razor sharp 2D guardrails as a sample.
At both points you could have a complete different pov, so it’s always nice to have a choice and get what you like.

edit: there is also an Bremgarten by Legion.

Last edited:
GPLmania season Part 6, final part!

RELEASE of Prince George Circuit 1965, Snetterton 1965, update of GPLmania 1500cc and update of the Bahrain AI

In the last part of the GPLmania we going back to the early 60s with the GPL1500cc mod from Bazza. GPLmania Part 6 brings you a update of the Formula One 60s 1500cc era championship with the new released tracks.

The idea of GPLmania is to bring together the best historic cars and tracks made for AC in championships that are either inspired by real historic ones or just fun to drive. Part 6 contains all work of previous parts.

This is the final part I hope you had some fun with the tracks and championships!

All download links are given in the Read Me file in the package. Be aware some of the content is for paid only.

The update contains a change of the "Formula One 60s 1500cc era" championship. Don't update yet if you're in the championship.

Overview of all GPLmania championships:

View attachment 1265585

RELEASE of Prince George Circuit 1965
Features:
  • competitive AI
  • working track map
  • support for hot lap mode
  • replay cameras by DaBaeda
  • support for time attack mode
  • 28 pit boxes with working pit lane
  • RainFX, GrassFX, water shader
  • track description by Fanapryde
  • vintage balloons by Masscot

Features:
  • competitive AI
  • working track map
  • support for hot lap mode
  • replay cameras by DaBaeda
  • support for time attack mode
  • 25 pit boxes with working pit lane
  • RainFX, GrassFX

View attachment 1265590View attachment 1265591View attachment 1265592

ADDITIONAL RELEASE:

UPDATE Bahrain (Lavalamp641) new AI and grass fix
v2.0
  • complete rebuild of the AI, 0.8 sec faster than the original that uses cheating 150 % grip values, better car behavior in T6​
  • added Endurance layout​
  • two shader changes, shorter grass and a new grass texture​
sorry its ok now

Last edited:
a new SUGO was released by ManeKing-TS. Here are some camtool cams for it.

If anyone wants the updated Sugo track, you have to create a free account on fantia.

ManeKing-TS is no longer updating the track on RD.

I also have a immersion killer! Real motorsport is very expensive, sim racing not. Therefore I have a PayPal link put into the Read Me where you can donate all of your money to get a realistic experience. Ain't that a great idea? This is much more realistic! And I, I mean we would profit a lot from it.
In case my post got taken the wrong way, I was just meaning that the updates you're making help push some of those tracks where my immersion was 'killed' over the line into ones where I want to race them.

Anyway, donation sent. Afraid it's probably not enough for either of us to get a very real experience though, hopefully enough for a beer to help disguise the difference!

Any cool Greek tracks floating around for AC ? GF is Greek and she's ready to make the big simracing jump... But only on Greek tracks lol.

I remember having a couple on my old PC but can't remember their names.

URD are definitely the weakest of the trio, the PXs are a lot of meh and never got love from them...released and then almost forgotten. M4 was a big mess yeah, fun to drive though. Their best one is the C8R, i.m.h.o.

A part from this I think we can all safely say that VRC and RSS releases in the last 18 months are beyond any expectations, can't speak for the open wheelers because I don't care about'em. SuperTourers spoiled all my fun of driving any other Turismo.

Mercer follows the good trend, none of that damn "2nd gen audi 80 with a v8" sketchy feeling of the two free versions.

p.s.: ooops...forgot about the scg, moyoda and loire which are very good and hopefully setting a new standard for URD.
To me its no surprise, URD started with some very talented members that got hired into the various sim dev teams, the group has chopped and changed a lot, put it this way, every single member from when the original T5, EGT and PX cars came out have left the group.

VRC and RSS have instead contracted out to help with simulations for race teams, for the most part both teams have stuck together so the access they have and quality of staff is untouchable. There are other teams that are very talented but those two stand above everyone apart from IER with their P13 being the closest thing to a HPD factory effort.

If anyone wants the updated Sugo track, you have to create a free account on fantia.

ManeKing-TS is no longer updating the track on RD.
Wait a moment, I don't understand tho if there are two versions: one not free with more details and one free but with less details. Can you please clarify me this point?

Any cool Greek tracks floating around for AC ? GF is Greek and she's ready to make the big simracing jump... But only on Greek tracks lol.

i just had a quick search on assettoworld and this came up don't no if its good bad or ugly but its apparently in greece ;)

edit and this 1 again no idea but its in greece apparently https://www.assetto-fr.tk/asphalt/greece/

Last edited:

Hi there. As far as I know, Serres and Athens Megara is on AC and I also believe there is an Acropolis Rally Stage for AC. Dont know where though...

Wait a moment, I don't understand tho if there are two versions: one not free with more details and one free but with less details. Can you please clarify me this point?
I do not know. I downloaded the free version, but I have not installed and test it yet.

I shared the download resource for everyone to find it faster. It took me several clicks from the Sugo camtool post.

To me its no surprise, URD started with some very talented members that got hired into the various sim dev teams, the group has chopped and changed a lot, put it this way, every single member from when the original T5, EGT and PX cars came out have left the group.

VRC and RSS have instead contracted out to help with simulations for race teams, for the most part both teams have stuck together so the access they have and quality of staff is untouchable. There are other teams that are very talented but those two stand above everyone apart from IER with their P13 being the closest thing to a HPD factory effort.
Good infos...I'm always miles behind when it comes to the background of modders 👍

The paid version has additional layouts and details (by virtue of additional .kn5s in the installation). I believe (but have not extensively inspected) that the base layout is identical for both versions (albeit the free one missing crowd etc).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back