Volkswagen Scirocco MK1 Tuned
Volkswagen Scirocco MK1 Tuned
---------------------------------------
Original model by Turn 10 Studios
Converted and edited by Pfalzdriver
Driver Animation: Masscot
Extra-F: HK51
Some interior parts by DaWallace

If you like the car, feel free to buy me a beer (or two): https://streamlabs.com/pfalzdriver

In germany we have a term for cheaply tuned cars, we call it "Baumarkt Tuning", simply because many parts of a car are available at a hardware store. At the end of the 80s it was common to take parts of the Golf MK2, like the fender extensions, and put them at older Volkswagen.
I've tried to recreate a Scirocco tuned that way, but with some artistic license. For example at the end of the 80s your were already a hero if you had rims sized 15" at your car, but I didnt like the look of those rims in AC, so I decided to increase them to 16".
Full belt safety harness were a must have in this period of time and the engine of the Corrado G60 really fitted into the engine bay of the Scirocco. With some basic adjustments it was an easy task to increase the output to 190hp. Disk brakes at the rear axle were very helpful too instead of the regular drum brakes. And since we changed the entire engine with all of its parts, we now have ABS to aid us.

• Extra-A: En-/Disable interior light*
  • Extra-B: Fog lights*
  • Extra-F: Hello Kitty*

*CSP required

Download at GTPlanet or Sharemods
View attachment 1269910View attachment 1269911View attachment 1269912

I have a detail to criticize :eek:

The blue "Auto-Atlas" is right and looks right out of the 80s 90s, but the cigarettes contains the warning shield, which came in the 2010s :D

Take this post not serious, it`s all but not important at all. I just noticed it outright

Last edited:

The blue "Auto-Atlas" is right and looks right out of the 80s 90s, but the cigarettes contains the warning shield, which came in the 2010s :D

Take this post not serious, it`s all but not important at all. I just noticed it outright
Do you still have packs of cigarettes from the 80s & 90s? The modern cigarette pack would fit if you are driving today in an old car ;)

Do you still have packs of cigarettes from the 80s & 90s? The modern cigarette pack would fit if you are driving today in an old car ;)
of course, but why the 30 years old "Auto Atlas" then ? :P If you drive it today you use modern possibilities to navigate :confused:

Man, that techart site is pain to navigate. But it's cool to have another official mod for ac.

It's an excellent mod, drives extremely well, and I have no issue viewing it in the CM Showroom.

View attachment 1269789
So much work went into this, and yet they left a massive and obvious bug in this mod:
you can see the track in an unrealistic way due to a gap (hole) just under the hood.
(seen from first person cockpit view in VR - don't know if it is visible in flatscreen mode)
This is so immersion breaking that it goes from 5 to 2 stars for me.

Someone here knows how to do a quickfix for that?

such a shame they are on RD, when there is facilities here to upload to without the hypocrisy and slow downloads of RD
Normally that is indeed the case when trying to download multiple files simultaneously from RD.
I did download (=Saturday 1-6-2023 14:00h) all the 50/60’s updates from @Rainmaker87 on RD, as I was mostly one revision behind, with no slow download. There was only one exception and that was @Rainmaker87 Berngarten update.
BTW, I’m using 1Gbs glasswire.

Request for @Rainmaker87 to make his file prepared for the CM download functionality and use the auto update by CM. That modder is so active I fall behind.

Edit: its now slow as a snail, downloading Solitude from Rainmaker Sunday 18:00h

Last edited:
If you drive it today you use modern possibilities to navigate
TBH I've also added a PPC which was available since 2003 to have a navigator on board. But I decided to remove it again. :)

But I'll replace the cigs as soon as the last tuning part fits as I like it, the almighty "Lufthutze". :lol:

Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_sepang_2-6-123-17-4-18.jpg

I'm experiencing this weird driver bug with the RSS Mercer V8 GT-M especially when it rains when moving from first-person to orbit camera. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Last edited:

I'm wondering where the fake Burberry baseball cap and Lonsdale Hoodie is......... the cigs should L&B, stick a Max Power mag in there and all the Art College girls from Greece will be 👿👿:lol::lol::lol:

Just a first trial getting the wiper to work.
It´s only my second car I tried this, so for sure not perfect, but a first starting point. Put this in the end of your config:
Code:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = Object-26, Object-27
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; wipers

; wobbly wipers
[WIPERS]
WIND_THRESHOLDS_KMH = 120, 250 ; speed for wipers to start vibrating and for maximum vibration
WIND_AMPLITUDE_MULT = 1.75 ; multiplier for amplitude
WIND_FREQUENCY_MULT = 1.75 ; multiplier for frequency
WIND_OFFSET = 0.01 ; base animation

[ANIMATED_WIPER_...]
ANIMATION_OFFSET = 0.25
DEBUG = 0
MESHES = EXT_Wiper
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = Object-26
GROUP_0 = 'EXT_Wiper@A=*'
GROUP_0_ANGLE_FROM = -52
GROUP_0_ANGLE_TO = 52
GROUP_0_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_END = 0.002215337, 0.8379682, 0.9851018
GROUP_0_PIVOT = -0.01867288, 0.5777404, 1.364407

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = EXT_Wiper
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM = 1

And people with CSP and Rain FX will get this:
View attachment 1267891

Hi slider666,

Could you please guide me to the specific config file/location where this code needs to be pasted.

Many Thanks,

Graham
Just a first trial getting the wiper to work.
It´s only my second car I tried this, so for sure not perfect, but a first starting point. Put this in the end of your config:
Code:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = Object-26, Object-27
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; wipers

; wobbly wipers
[WIPERS]
WIND_THRESHOLDS_KMH = 120, 250 ; speed for wipers to start vibrating and for maximum vibration
WIND_AMPLITUDE_MULT = 1.75 ; multiplier for amplitude
WIND_FREQUENCY_MULT = 1.75 ; multiplier for frequency
WIND_OFFSET = 0.01 ; base animation

[ANIMATED_WIPER_...]
ANIMATION_OFFSET = 0.25
DEBUG = 0
MESHES = EXT_Wiper
UNDERLYING_SURFACE = Object-26
GROUP_0 = 'EXT_Wiper@A=*'
GROUP_0_ANGLE_FROM = -52
GROUP_0_ANGLE_TO = 52
GROUP_0_AXIS = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_0 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_AXIS_OFFSET_1 = 0, 0.70710677, 0.70710677
GROUP_0_END = 0.002215337, 0.8379682, 0.9851018
GROUP_0_PIVOT = -0.01867288, 0.5777404, 1.364407

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = EXT_Wiper
MOVE_TO = modelRoot:y

[BASIC]
DISABLE_WIPER_KSANIM = 1

And people with CSP and Rain FX will get this:
View attachment 1267891
Hi there,

slider666

Could you possibly explain where the config file is (location) so that I can paste in your code correctly?

Many thanks,

Graham

Hi slider666,

Could you please guide me to the specific config file/location where this code needs to be pasted.

Many Thanks,

Graham

Hi there,

slider666

Could you possibly explain where the config file is (location) so that I can paste in your code correctly?

Many thanks,

Graham
You can see it here, @Shokeus shows where you can put the code in:
;)

Have a look in your car folder, there should be an extension folder and in there should be the ext_config.ini. Put the code in the end of that ini and save it. That´s it. Have fun. :)

Bad news for Vintagedriver: more updates! But keep in mind there was not a single update on RD that was not posted here earlier. So actually yesterday you should download the Remlingrade update only if you have had all the previous versions.

UPDATE for old tracks today:

Solitude 1964 v2.01

v2.01
-fixed a GrassFX bug

v2.0
-CSP support: GrassFX, RainFX (by el_locho), water shader
-shader overhaul
-added lights from the sliderman/leBluem version + updated textures
-added vao patch (CM version)
-merged the .kn5 files parts together
-added loading screens
-new UI
-added track description by Fanapryde
-added option for bumpy and smooth road meshes in extras folder, standard is smooth
-put back the Lotus 49 that is on the truck
-fixed some logos being stretched
-added option to removed 2d crowds: open the ext_config.ini in the extension folder scroll down to last ";remove 2d crowds" and set ACTIVE = 1
-fixed hairlines over some crowds
-purged track files for smaller file size
-28 pit boxes now

bgr03.jpg

Anderstorp 2007 v2.0

v2.0
-CSP support: RainFX, GrassFX
-shader overhaul
-added a side grass texture
-removed some original grass
-new smoothed road mesh
-new UI
-added a Read Me file
-added loading screens
-28 pit boxes now

bgr00.jpg

View attachment 1269951

I'm experiencing this weird driver bug with the RSS Mercer V8 GT-M especially when it rains when moving from first-person to orbit camera. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?
I think you can fix it temporarily by putting these lines in an ext_config.ini file inside the skin folder:

[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME= "name of the driver model you want to use without quotes"
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

Screenshot_f302_gt_by citroen_sx_lemans_24-5-123-17-10-25.jpg
Released : GT by Citroen Race Car´08 V. 1.0

Converted from GT6 By F302
-Working Wipers (animeted)
-Interior Light
-interior AO (carbon parts only)
-sound (Kunos McLaren MP4-12C GT3)
-interior new mapping (carbon parts and alcantara)
-add digital display (incl. Headup)
-extension Folder(wipers)
-add lods
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
please give your opinion on the car
what is good and what is less good!

tested on CSP 0.1.80-preview115
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.
Download:

I have that skin, but it only changes the kerbs textures and other things that are not related to the tarmac itself. Thanks anyway.

What I would like to do is to remove or hide that ridiculous texture and record the real skidmarks on the fly while using this track through the "skidmarksFX" option in CM, I think it is much more realistic and authentic than this fake texture.
My bad sorry... just found the one I use. The second link with the updated skid marks. I believe it should do the trick.

Last edited:
View attachment 1270002Released : GT by Citroen Race Car´08 V. 1.0
-Interior Light
-add lods
hope u enjoy the Car

Download:

Do you already know your next projects ?

Last edited:
such a shame they are on RD, when there is facilities here to upload to without the hypocrisy and slow downloads of RD
I think Racedepartment may have improved or corrected their slow server issues. Yesterday, I downloaded all of Rainmaker's tracks within 15-20 minutes, all downloading at the same time, and this was on a Saturday, and sort of a "holiday" weekend in the US (Independence day is Tuesday). For me, it's been a few years since I was able to download at this faster rate. I also noticed this morning that there are some design changes to the site, notably that the AC mod categories are colored buttons rather than text links. It threw me for a moment, but I think it's an improvement. Maybe you could set up an automatic CM update.

So much work went into this, and yet they left a massive and obvious bug in this mod:
you can see the track in an unrealistic way due to a gap (hole) just under the hood.
(seen from first person cockpit view in VR - don't know if it is visible in flatscreen mode)
This is so immersion breaking that it goes from 5 to 2 stars for me.

Someone here knows how to do a quickfix for that?
TECHART GTstreet R see-through hood gap issue

In VR, I adjusted my view with the in-game/sim app so my "head" is at the correct position over the driver's shoulders. I did this immediately when I first loaded the car (as I always do with a new car mod), so I never noticed the issue. If I lean forward and up some, I can see it, but it's extremely minimal for me. However, @DaWallace (assuming you or your group can do something about it), it's something that should be fixed and updated, as everything else about this mod is very good. I've really enjoyed it since download and installation yesterday morning.

UPDATE>> @jac0 and @slider666 figured out a fix for now. Copy and paste into the Ext_config.ini file.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
MESHES= polySurface38830
CULL_MODE= OFF

View when head in correct position in VR
Screenshot_gue_techart_gt_street_r_obera_h22_2-6-123-9-16-37.jpg

View if I lean forward, up to the dash--look just above the center of the wiper
Screenshot_gue_techart_gt_street_r_obera_h22_2-6-123-9-17-43.jpg

Last edited:
<snip>

TECHART GTstreet R see-through hood gap issue

In VR, I adjusted my view with the in-game/sim app so my "head" is at the correct position over the driver's shoulders. I did this immediately when I first loaded the car (as I always do with a new car mod), so I never noticed the issue. If I lean forward and up some, I can see it, but it's extremely minimal for me. However, @DaWallace (assuming you or your group can do something about it), it's something that should be fixed and updated, as everything else about this mod is very good. I've really enjoyed it since download and installation yesterday morning.

View when head in correct position in VR
View attachment 1270004

View if I lean forward, up to the dash--look just above the center of the wiper
View attachment 1270005
I don't see the gap that I see in either of your pictures... :) and for some unknown reason my screen is black when driving VR, so I can't take screenshots...
Anyway , it's there for me and will be something the author needs to fix as I don't suppose it's something we can fix, like for instance setting some texture to none-transparant, which was by mistake set to transparant.

ps: I adjust my view in VR not according to the neck of the driver, but so that the hands of the driver match my hands in real life... try it, it adds much to the immersion!

I don't see the gap that I see in either of your pictures... :) and for some unknown reason my screen is black when driving VR, so I can't take screenshots...
Anyway , it's there for me and will be something the author needs to fix as I don't suppose it's something we can fix, like for instance setting some texture to none-transparant, which was by mistake set to transparant.

ps: I adjust my view in VR not according to the neck of the driver, but so that the hands of the driver match my hands in real life... try it, it adds much to the immersion!
You could try this, though I can´t use VR and verify it. 🤷‍♂️

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
MESHES= ext_b?, ext_p?, ext_c?, front_w?, polySurface?,
CULL_MODE= OFF

Or wait for a better fix by the authors... :)

View attachment 1270002Released : GT by Citroen Race Car´08 V. 1.0
-Interior Light
-add lods
hope u enjoy the Car

Download:
Blue and orange had the measles ! Here a quick fix

1688309869087.png
1688309916330.png

1688309983386.png
1688310044264.png

Now onto testing/driving this beauty...

You could try this, though I can´t use VR and verify it. 🤷‍♂️

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
CULL_MODE= OFF

Or wait for a better fix by the authors... :)
Now the gap is gone , but also my side windows are no longer see-through :)
but I guess it's just a matter of me putting only the correct mesh , thanks!!!!

EDIT : this seems to do the trick :
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
MESHES= polySurface38830
CULL_MODE= OFF

Last edited:
Hi I have a problem with the original kunos Monza66; as you can see below, there are strange pictures in the sky ... what is the problem here ? I tried to re-dowload the track from steam, but the problem is still there ... so it's 100% the original vanilla Monza66, and that is the only track which gives me problems
any help would be very appreciated

20230630185916_1.jpg
20230702120635_1.jpg

Now the gap is gone , but also my side windows are no longer see-through :)
but I guess it's just a matter of me putting only the correct mesh , thanks!!!!

EDIT : this seems to do the trick :
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
MESHES= polySurface38830
CULL_MODE= OFF
Sorry, my fault. Test this then:

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
CULL_MODE= OFF

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
MATERIALS= INT_WINDOWS, windows_ext,
CULL_MODE= FRONT

Sorry, seems you got it meanwhile fixed differently.... :) 👍

Last edited:
Sorry, my fault. Test this then:

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
CULL_MODE= OFF

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
MATERIALS= INT_WINDOWS, windows_ext,
CULL_MODE= FRONT

Sorry, seems you got it meanwhile fixed differently.... :) 👍
your suggestion worked equaly well, thanks again! :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back