Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
The best A4 DTM in AC! Thank you for sharing!

The shifting animation is too fast. Try...
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=290
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=290
PRELOAD_RPM=7700

Steer Animation lock should be 360.
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

The Look Behind view is blocked by the rear wing.
Thx for feedback

very simple with CM, you need to have simplygone installed, rename your actual lods (security first:)) then in CM click on "generate lods", dont forget to save, that' all. To modify lods i use 3dsimed but maybe other solution exists. Nice day, Mike
When I tried 3dSimEd the resulting kn5 was always corrupted, with missing body, rims or other things, so I prefer not to use it.
I've already created some LODs with Simplygon for other street cars, but this time I went for the long road using Blender, first removing the tires and rims of the 962 ST and applying the ones of the 962 LT (eventually fixing any mesh name, since Blender was adding a '.001' at its end) for every LOD, then I've loaded everything in ksEditor, loaded every persistence file and then corrected any missing textures.
I seriously don't know why is it changing the rims of an entirely different car. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in Blender?

When I tried 3dSimEd the resulting kn5 was always corrupted, with missing body, rims or other things, so I prefer not to use it.
I've already created some LODs with Simplygon for other street cars, but this time I went for the long road using Blender, first removing the tires and rims of the 962 ST and applying the ones of the 962 LT (eventually fixing any mesh name, since Blender was adding a '.001' at its end) for every LOD, then I've loaded everything in ksEditor, loaded every persistence file and then corrected any missing textures.
I seriously don't know why is it changing the rims of an entirely different car. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in Blender?
Blender adds a .nnn when one or more meshes with the same name already exist in a project. For example, if you have a mesh called "ciao" in your project and you import one with the same name, the imported one becomes "ciao.001". To avoid this problem, first delete the one you want to replace and then import the new one. Also remember one thing: blender doesn't recognize templates as unique. I mean that if you delete the car in a project and then re-import it, blender will recognize all the materials as duplicates and will add a .nnn to all the materials of the new 3D object you imported (for names, it only adds it if they are actually present in the project, even if hidden). So if you want to import new tires, delete the old ones first. Also remember another thing: when you divide a mesh into multiple parts (tab > P > by loose parts), X meshes will be created based on the number of subparts that compose it, renaming them with the .nnn method. When you go to merge them, if you want to do so, restore the name of the unified mesh because blender will give the name of the parent to the final mesh (the parent is the last selected mesh. If you merge A and B, first clicking B and then A, the final mesh will be called A). I think the problem of missing textures is due to what was said about the materials, or at least when it happens to me it's because of that. Blender adds a .001 to the imported mesh material and recognizes it as new material accordingly. When you import everything into the KsEditor the material is new and you will have to reset it. To avoid this problem either do as I said before or simply delete the new .001 material and restore the original.

Last edited:
Blender adds a .nnn when one or more meshes with the same name already exist in a project. For example, if you have a mesh called "ciao" in your project and you import one with the same name, the imported one becomes "ciao.001". To avoid this problem, first delete the one you want to replace and then import the new one. Also remember one thing: blender doesn't recognize templates as unique. I mean that if you delete the car in a project and then re-import it, blender will recognize all the materials as duplicates and will add a .nnn to all the materials of the new 3D object you imported (for names, it only adds it if they are actually present in the project, even if hidden). So if you want to import new tires, delete the old ones first. Also remember another thing: when you divide a mesh into multiple parts (tab > P > by loose parts), X meshes will be created based on the number of subparts that compose it, renaming them with the .nnn method. When you go to merge them, if you want to do so, restore the name of the unified mesh because blender will give the name of the parent to the final mesh (the parent is the last selected mesh. If you merge A and B, first clicking B and then A, the final mesh will be called A). I think the problem of missing textures is due to what was said about the materials, or at least when it happens to me it's because of that. Blender adds a .001 to the imported mesh material and recognizes it as new material accordingly. When you import everything into the KsEditor the material is new and you will have to reset it. To avoid this problem either do as I said before or simply delete the new .001 material and restore the original.
The problem is, I've actually done what you're saying: import 962st in collection1, remove tires with rims, import 962lt in collection2, remove everything but tires and rims, put new tires and rims where the original were, using the DISK_XX as cursor and then moving the objects to that cursor, and then removing any '.001' in materials name. Then I've exported to fbx and loaded to ksEditor, loaded persistence of 962st and then persistence of 962lt, reload the textures so the editor finds them, and then readded the tires and rims textures. This, for all LODs (except LOD D for now). Have to say that I found some errors in some materials after finishing, like some transparency was gone and alpha modes reset.
This just because I hate those 6-spoke wheels :banghead::D

__custom_showroom_1700501662.jpg
__custom_showroom_1700501644.jpg
__custom_showroom_1700501599.jpg
W.I.P. and again a Gran Turismo car....:lol:

Last edited:
The problem is, I've actually done what you're saying: import 962st in collection1, remove tires with rims, import 962lt in collection2, remove everything but tires and rims, put new tires and rims where the original were, using the DISK_XX as cursor and then moving the objects to that cursor, and then removing any '.001' in materials name. Then I've exported to fbx and loaded to ksEditor, loaded persistence of 962st and then persistence of 962lt, reload the textures so the editor finds them, and then readded the tires and rims textures. This, for all LODs (except LOD D for now). Have to say that I found some errors in some materials after finishing, like some transparency was gone and alpha modes reset.
This just because I hate those 6-spoke wheels :banghead::D
I think the problem is at the beginning. They shouldn't be imported together, which is why you end up with a thousand .001 meshes. Try this: import the car you want to change rims on, delete its originals and save the .fbx file. Now open the car that has the rims you want and delete all the other 3D elements you don't need (select the rims, hide them and delete the rest, so you do it faster). Delete the material from the rims and save the fbx file. Reopen the first car file, import the rims you just saved and you should no longer have any problems. Even if you import them into two different collections, blender will consider each element with the same name as a duplicate. 😎

Hi, for the Audi A4 DTM, I have 2 major concerns:
1) digital instr fonts are floating in front of the panel
2) part of the rollcage goes through my arm!

Also , what is the diff. between regular and "Plus" version ?
The regular R14 is the 2008 car, and the R14+ is the 2009 car with different wing mounts, canards, etc. It's just two different years of the same car.

This is me right now. :mad::mad:

Tracks that loaded just fine over recent days now crash while loading for no understandable reason. Some new tracks I've just installed, like Fenyr's Bahrain and Nukedrop's Las Vegas 2023 and Thermalito, won't load either.

This is the latest splash message I just saw, though I also get others at other times. It all seems so random!

Screenshot 2023-11-21 131616.png

I'm running the latest full CSP and PURE. A few days ago, neither were causing any obvious issues. I've reinstalled both just to be sure, but that didn't solve anything.

If anyone has had recently had 'crashing during loading' issues and can suggest a fix or a good doctor who can sedate me, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

EDIT: This is the final part of the latest crash log.

2023-11-21T13:45:52:344 [15344] | DEBUG | FSW: Monitoring: 'F:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\extension\weather\base', i.: 000001B8D04F9DC0
2023-11-21T13:45:52:344 [15344] | DEBUG | FSW: Monitoring: 'F:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\extension\weather-controllers\pureCtrl static', i.: 000001B8E233A4A0
2023-11-21T13:45:52:344 [15344] | DEBUG | FSW: Monitoring: 'F:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\apps\lua', i.: 000001B8E233A3D0
2023-11-21T13:45:52:434 [16424] | WARN | No meshes found: material:garage_glass
2023-11-21T13:45:52:435 [16424] | DEBUG | Chunking meshes list: 130 meshes, out of which 35 are fixed (range is 1000 m)
2023-11-21T13:45:52:435 [16424] | DEBUG | Chunking meshes list: 35 meshes, out of which 35 are fixed (range is 1000 m)
2023-11-21T13:45:52:437 [16424] | DEBUG | Chunking meshes list: 3 meshes, out of which 3 are fixed (range is 1000 m)
2023-11-21T13:45:52:836 [16424] | ERROR | Crash! Trying to generate nice dump: 0000003FBB12D6B0
2023-11-21T13:45:52:836 [16424] | INFO | Create dump at: C:\Users\drive\AppData\Local\Temp\u3mw.0

:mad::mad:

Last edited:
you don't wanna play with the Ray-tracing effect and with the new DLSS3 support which I don't know if it is supported by the game itself or not
Its not. :)
If you simply generate new lods and in the car folder is a "data" folder, they don´t get saved, you have to delete data folder, make new lods, and then it does get saved. then you can unpack the data
Sorry, but this is not true. I'm creating new LODs all the time, bc many cars dont have them. And prior of creating new LODs I always unpack data first.
Sounds more like you have an issue with writing permissions.

When I see that logs I feel like...

View attachment 1305217

I wonder if anyone really knows what that unintelligible jargon means... 😶
And keeping with your Egyptian theme... all this messing around trying to get a working stable setup just makes me want to lie down and fall asleep permamently like a mummified pharaoh and travel to the 'other world' which doesn't have sim racing at all. 😵‍💫

I am so over it. The more I fiddle about trying to fix it, the more things get broken!

I think the problem is at the beginning. They shouldn't be imported together, which is why you end up with a thousand .001 meshes. Try this: import the car you want to change rims on, delete its originals and save the .fbx file. Now open the car that has the rims you want and delete all the other 3D elements you don't need (select the rims, hide them and delete the rest, so you do it faster). Delete the material from the rims and save the fbx file. Reopen the first car file, import the rims you just saved and you should no longer have any problems. Even if you import them into two different collections, blender will consider each element with the same name as a duplicate. 😎
I'll try this afternoon, thank you!🤞

Tracks that loaded just fine over recent days now crash while loading for no understandable reason. Some new tracks I've just installed, like Fenyr's Bahrain and Nukedrop's Las Vegas 2023 and Thermalito, won't load either.

This is the latest splash message I just saw, though I also get others at other times. It all seems so random!

View attachment 1305199

I'm running the latest full CSP and PURE. A few days ago, neither were causing any obvious issues. I've reinstalled both just to be sure, but that didn't solve anything.

If anyone has had recently had 'crashing during loading' issues and can suggest a fix or a good doctor who can sedate me, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

2023-11-21T13:45:52:344 [15344] | DEBUG | FSW: Monitoring: 'F:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\extension\weather\base', i.: 000001B8D04F9DC0
2023-11-21T13:45:52:344 [15344] | DEBUG | FSW: Monitoring: 'F:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\extension\weather-controllers\pureCtrl static', i.: 000001B8E233A4A0
2023-11-21T13:45:52:344 [15344] | DEBUG | FSW: Monitoring: 'F:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\apps\lua', i.: 000001B8E233A3D0
2023-11-21T13:45:52:435 [16424] | DEBUG | Chunking meshes list: 130 meshes, out of which 35 are fixed (range is 1000 m)
2023-11-21T13:45:52:435 [16424] | DEBUG | Chunking meshes list: 35 meshes, out of which 35 are fixed (range is 1000 m)
2023-11-21T13:45:52:437 [16424] | DEBUG | Chunking meshes list: 3 meshes, out of which 3 are fixed (range is 1000 m)
2023-11-21T13:45:52:836 [16424] | ERROR | Crash! Trying to generate nice dump: 0000003FBB12D6B0
2023-11-21T13:45:52:836 [16424] | INFO | Create dump at: C:\Users\drive\AppData\Local\Temp\u3mw.0

'Chunking' might give a clue. Tried enabling/disabling 'chunks optimisation' in CSP settings? IDK.
Probably worth reporting it on the CSP Discord, troubleshooting.

View attachment 1305199

In CM, disable the whole module where junks optimization is located and try again. If it loads, then enable it again and set everything to default. That´s the usual way of learning and solving the errors.

For me, I don´t have any issues with Thermalito, Vegas23 or Fenryrs tracks. So it must be some setting you enabled which is not set as default.

Upating Reynard Prototypes

LMP900 and LMP1's

Massive pack with nearly every Reynard-based LMP900 and LMP1

release Planned in mid to late January, after Lola B2k/10 Pack

Planned release in 2 or 3 parts

Cars

Protran RS06/H (Reynard) AER (previously Released another update, some model work)
Reynard 01Q Cosworth Nasamax Lemans (Near Complete)
Reynard 01Q Cosworth Nasamax ALMS (Not Started)
Reynard 01Q Ford Cosworth/Nicholson-McLaren (Mid Way through)
Nassamax DM139 (Reynard) Low Wing (Mid Way through)
Nassamax DM139 (Reynard) High Wing (Mid Way through)
Reynard 2KQ Chrysler (Near Complete)
Reynard 2KQ Judd (Near Complete)
Reynard 2KQ Lehmann HPT16 (Started)
Reynard 2KQ ALMS Maximum Downforce (Near Complete)

Here are the ones where the modeling is complete at least.

View attachment 1220621 View attachment 1220622
View attachment 1220623 View attachment 1220624

Hello

Did the Reynard set get made for download
So looking forwards to these

Cheers

Alternative billboards skin for Thermalito 2023
thermalito_2023_skin.jpg

Thermalito 2023 by Tyrone ( @pk3r72owns );

Alternative billboards skin Download (mediafire)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternative Road Skin for Kazincbarcika
Screenshot_acrm_honda_civic_eg6_spoon_rmi_kazincbarcika_2-4-123-8-33-26.jpg

Kazincbarcika by Barcika ( @carTOON ), converted by @RMi_wood

Alternative Road skin Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

So we pay Simtraxx for a broken track and then pay you to fix it?

You say Simtraxx has nothing to do with it. So what is going to stop them coming after you for selling their tracks (fixed or not)?
Are you selling the whole track or just the fixes? Because if its the whole track, I can't see them taking kindly to you taking the money that they have earned by building the track.
Just to clarify: SimTraxx have never built a single track. Ever.
What they did was getting the permission to convert a bunch of tracks to AC, from the original creators of said tracks.
And we all know how that went...

Upating Reynard Prototypes

LMP900 and LMP1's

Massive pack with nearly every Reynard-based LMP900 and LMP1

release Planned in mid to late January, after Lola B2k/10 Pack

Planned release in 2 or 3 parts

Cars

Protran RS06/H (Reynard) AER (previously Released another update, some model work)
Reynard 01Q Cosworth Nasamax Lemans (Near Complete)
Reynard 01Q Cosworth Nasamax ALMS (Not Started)
Reynard 01Q Ford Cosworth/Nicholson-McLaren (Mid Way through)
Nassamax DM139 (Reynard) Low Wing (Mid Way through)
Nassamax DM139 (Reynard) High Wing (Mid Way through)
Reynard 2KQ Chrysler (Near Complete)
Reynard 2KQ Judd (Near Complete)
Reynard 2KQ Lehmann HPT16 (Started)
Reynard 2KQ ALMS Maximum Downforce (Near Complete)

Here are the ones where the modeling is complete at least.

View attachment 1220621 View attachment 1220622
View attachment 1220623 View attachment 1220624
We are still working on this. Some of the mods needs need final touches and they are good.

I'll try this afternoon, thank you!🤞
Let me know if it works! :cheers:

Update on the T400R. I only have the seatbelts left and then the 3D elements should be finished. I included new brake calipers (not exactly the best but I think they are acceptable), two gear levers (one like the classic GTR2 one and one that I saw on the chassis used in 2001), I redid the rear wall and fixed some elements like switches. I finished the motec and added some elements on the left (I still have to finish but I think it's okay since I don't know exactly what's there). Then I only realized yesterday that the headlight arrangement was wrong. The little headlight on the outside is not the indicator and I had to reverse everything.

Physically it works now, but I know that there is still work to do. On an aerodynamic level it was a mess and I most likely made a few mistakes.

Obviously I don't post screenshots to show how (not) good I am. If something doesn't convince you or is poorly done, don't worry about letting me know. The car will obviously be free and available only here on GTPlanet. Santa Claus is just waiting to put it in the sack LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-14-34.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-14-34.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-14-43.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-14-43.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-15-0.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-15-0.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-15-41.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-15-41.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-16-12.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-16-12.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-17-52.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-17-52.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-13-46.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_21-10-123-15-13-46.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Just to clarify: SimTraxx have never built a single track. Ever.
What they did was getting the permission to convert a bunch of tracks to AC, from the original creators of said tracks.
And we all know how that went...

Built and converted are the same thing in this case. They still put (a negligible amount of) work in and, in simplest terms, it makes the track theirs.
You cannot then sell their track and make money off their work, no matter how much of an effort they put into it.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back