Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Out of interest: on what gear do you drive AC?
I have the Thrustmaster TS-XW Base with the Sparco Wheel and atm with an Acelith Formula Addon, Playseat Evolution and only driving in VR with Oculus Rift S, if you mean this? 🤔

DW,
Awesome modelling as expected :)

Question: Should the 3.2 be faster than the V8? I am running about 6 seconds faster in the 3.2 than the V8 on Spa.

Question 2: I am getting some road reflections in the cockpit in VR, subdued but still there. Such as crossing a finish line, running a curb, etc.
@ Question 1: i managed to drive with the V8 version a laptime of 1:16.321 min. and was faster as with the 3.2L version (as i remember 1:17... or 1:18...). I need to edit the gear ratios and put them in their standard setup. Atm there are no specific gear ratios/sets to the 3.2L and V8 version assigned.

@ Question 2: Are you using the v0.7b or the v0.7? because normaly i fixed the reflection issue with the v0.7b. If the issue is still visible in the v0.7b, then i need to check again. 🤔 I dont have this issue and i'm driving in VR too.

Last edited:
My very infrequent contribution to AC modding below:

1. A fictional six-car skin pack for @JK1977 (F302's) Lamborghini Gallardo ST which didn't have any.

1701049756994.png
1701049770157.png
1701049784376.png

1701049804572.png
1701049818652.png
1701049834278.png

2. A Norton Internet Security livery for the RSS DBR9 that's best used as grid filler lol. Based on my old GT Sport livery I used online.

1701049736913.png

Last edited:
My very infrequent contribution to AC modding below:

1. A fictional six-car skin pack for @JK1977 (F302's) Lamborghini Gallardo ST which didn't have any.

View attachment 1306569View attachment 1306570View attachment 1306571
View attachment 1306572View attachment 1306573View attachment 1306574

2. A Norton Internet Security livery for the RSS DBR9 that's best used as grid filler lol. Based on my old GT Sport livery I used online.

View attachment 1306568

Goodnight
Forever grateful, mate! This ST drives very well, and I really like this Gallardo model.
However, there is also a GT2 model, at ACTK, which needs wipers, (this GT2 would match perfectly with the 458 GT3 exclaimed in a few posts ago)...

Last edited:
Having responded to the post where I helped that guy with the Porsche and gave some news about the T400r, I told him that mine will be out for Christmas. I don't know anything about that Porsche, but I think it's a private mod. 😀
was it about a porsche? couldnt tell, there was no reference in his post, just another newbie asking for a mod, as they do

That's because GT SPORT/7 uses tessellation ingame for optimization purposes, when ripping a model, it's in that state since PD presumably modeled those cars without smoothing them first, then using that system on the PlayStation to dynamically smooth the models in game based on LOD (that's my assumption tho)
That’s not an assumption lol. That’s the facts. PD used adaptive tessellation since GT6 so the models just lose and gain detail dynamically depending on where the camera is positioned. It’s a pretty cool system and to think they did that on a game that came out 10 years ago and on a system from 2006.

But still, would rather have a tiny bit rougher 458 GT3 that’s still a pretty good model then no 458 GT3 whatsoever.

I have the Thrustmaster TS-XW Base with the Sparco Wheel and atm with an Acelith Formula Addon, Playseat Evolution and only driving in VR with Oculus Rift S, if you mean this? 🤔

(...)
Yup, that's what I meant. I like your mods optic wise a lot, but the ffb is pretty strong. Physics are good, but they feel way too heavy on a dd base. I guess the reason could be that you are driving a lighter wheel base and the mods are kind of optimised on it.

That Zolder version is great, but it's from ACC, 2019, not really vintage...
Yep. I should have put "vintage looking" as the ads are vintage.

Zolder layout hasn't changed that much though.

Yep. I should have put "vintage looking" as the ads are vintage.

Zolder layout hasn't changed that much though.
I don't think the rt_zolder track has vintage adds, so maybe we are talking about a different release.
The biggest change between early 80's and 2019 is that the 1ste corner has been totally remodelled to make the pit exit safer, the 'Kleine chicane' has been remodelled and the Villeneuve Chicane did not exist before 1986.
To me that are BIG differences, but as I said: maybe we are talking about a different sim version.

The 1967 version might be closed to what you are looking for:

Greetz

Last edited:
I don't think the rt_zolder track has vintage adds, so maybe we are talking about a different release.
The biggest change between early 80's and 2019 is that the 1ste corner has been totally remodelled to make the pit exit safer, the 'Kleine chicane' has been remodelled and the Villeneuve Chicane did not exist before 1986.
To me that are BIG differences, but as I said: maybe we are talking about a different sim version.

The 1967 version might be closed to what you are looking for:

Greetz
You're probably right. Doesn't have vintage ads. I mistakenly thought these Esso and Martini ads were vintages.

Fu13KBH.jpg

Thanks. I have that 1967 track but it didn't work with the 1982 cars that I found. Half of the cars won't leave the pits in qualifying (for whatever reason). I'm sure it's not the fault of the track, it's just that the 1982 mod is a bit "shady". :D Works perfectly with rt_zolder and the ai is super competitive.

I have to learn how to change the ads. Probably not too difficult.

Last edited:
You're probably right. Doesn't have vintage ads. I mistakenly thought these Esso and Martini ads were vintages.

Fu13KBH.jpg

Thanks. I have that 1967 track but it didn't work with the 1982 cars that I found. Half of the cars won't leave the pits in qualifying (for whatever reason). I'm sure it's not the fault of the track, it's just that the 1982 mod is a bit "shady". :D Works perfectly with rt_zolder and the ai is super competitive.

I have to learn how to change the ads. Probably not too difficult.
I guess Belgium is just a bit vintage as a country :)

Hey, just wanted to thank you for all the converts you've been doing recently. Some of them have been fun for me to use.

I know lots of people are likely begging you for this car or that car, and you have a lot of projects going. I was just wondering if you were planning on converting the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 into Assetto Corsa from GT Sport?

It's a highly-needed car in the game, we've had so many other GT3 cars but never an ok version of this car, and it's important in the history of GT3 racing. It holds (or at one point held) the most number of titles won worldwide for a car model in the category. So then why if it is so widespread and important, has a mod of it never been made for AC? Kinda blows my mind.

View attachment 1306517

I know a lot of these Vision cars are fascinating and I personally like a lot of them too, but this I'd argue should be the highest priority to convert from Gran Turismo. It's the only game I can think of with a decent model, and it's such a huge blind spot in AC's car roster. Provided people can make the skins, it would also fix a lot of championships and seasons in the game that people have made.

I think it's basically the only modern/mainstream GT3 car we don't have in some form at this point as well.
TMWmods makes a good 458 GT3.
Screenshot_toyota_ft-1_vision_gt_gr3_ks_nurburgring_23-8-123-15-57-54.jpg
Screenshot_tmw_ferrari_458_gt3_st_showroom14_6-9-123-17-35-42.jpg
Screenshot_tmw_ferrari_458_gt3_st_showroom14_6-9-123-17-37-21.jpg

Could someone tell me how to create a steer animation and shift animation in blender? I tried to use both the model provided by kunos and one I found online but in the end it doesn't work. I can't even create the driver position (for example the legs move randomly and I can't align the foot to the pedal). Frankly, I don't understand, also because I made the animation of the gear lever and it works without problems.

I was about to say something similar to this, but that model is incorrect in many ways. For starters the interior looks wrong from its GT7 and IRL counters, the only things that are right about this is the "458" doors and the steering wheel. The car doesn't have the racing hood latches, antenna, roof cam and even the racing fixed windows. My theory is that he took Jay Yang's "458 GT3 Street Legal" model and modified it to look like the race car and give it some new wheels and rip the interior from the other 458 GT3 from 2011. I'm still wondering where he got that steering wheel from, because it's actually accurate, maybe it came with it?

Now I get why @MisterWaffles said "It's a highly-needed car in the game, we've had so many other GT3 cars but never an 'OK VERSION' of this car, and it's important in the history of GT3 racing." Or I'm just thinking way too hard about this... Either way I still race this car regardless of it's flaws and I do agree we should get a proper 458 GT3 in AC or maybe @MisterWaffle you can ask other modders to modify the existing 458 gt3 even further.

Since we are on this topic, I've noticed this trend with TMW's models. When he released his carrera GT-R mod, I've noticed that he didn't put some racecar bits like the original carrera GT-R had, like the hood latches and the antenna. I didn't say anything before, because I didn't want to be "that guy", but it was a bit of a pet peeve of mine. One day when I get a chance I'll make that happen.

I have that one but that things a whole mess. It’s got no skins, the mapping is all messed up for the shadows on the front and rear bumpers so you get this weird texture across it in many lighting conditions, the physics are alright but could still use some work. Also the revline is at 8,000 RPM and not 9,000+ like it should be.

But the bodywork is incorrect, since it’s a GT3 kit, put onto the road version, with the GT2 interior swapped in.

I appreciate the work @lorelord did on it, and still drive it on occasion, but this mod never got any traction or support from the community unfortunately. So all of those issues are unresolved to this day. It was a good attempt at making something from a grab bag of random assets to make a rough approximation, but it’s certainly no substitute for an actual 458 GT3.

Honestly like @jaqory says, if we could get some people even on this forum to give this rough 458 GT3 mod some attention: update the model a bit, have some physics tweaks, get a few real skins going, fix the lighting and material issues, etc, then I think we could have a neat little mod going that would fill the hole better than it is already. But the best case scenario in my mind still is @JK1977 or a modder like him with the technical ability to convert GT Sport models to import the 458 from that game and go from there.

@jaqory the steering wheel is from the 599XX, and interestingly, the digital display from the 599XX is also far more accurate to the GT3 car than the one we have currently due to the GT2 interior.

What’s ironic is the 458 GT3 from Sport was used to make the body kit that was slapped on the Kunos 458. So people have been touching the model, it’s just nobody has ever cared to import the whole thing properly lol. Instead it was cut up and used for a barely road legal street racer.

Last edited:
I really like the track nemuno_ziedas. The problem is that the trees are way to bright and break the immersion for me. I've tried to fix it by retexturing what I could but I was not successful with all trees. I'd love to place 3d Trees in but have no idea how. If anyone else would like to share some 3d tree love for nemuno_ziedas I'd be very grateful.

I really like the track nemuno_ziedas. The problem is that the trees are way to bright and break the immersion for me. I've tried to fix it by retexturing what I could but I was not successful with all trees. I'd love to place 3d Trees in but have no idea how. If anyone else would like to share some 3d tree love for nemuno_ziedas I'd be very grateful.
Why 3d trees ?
Imo it's the worst possible change you can make to a track, unless your aim is to totally ruin it...
That said...trees way too bright ?:odd:
Sol, sol extra PP:

nemuno.png

Someone asked me how can he play the championship versions of F1.

I actually forgot that it's not featured in the non-paid version.

How can you even play AC without championships mode? :D

You can have full Content Manager for 1 Euro. Amazing that there are people who are not willing to pay that. I paid 30 euros happily for the CM people for bringing me the best gaming moments I've ever experienced.

Last edited:
Yup, that's what I meant. I like your mods optic wise a lot, but the ffb is pretty strong. Physics are good, but they feel way too heavy on a dd base. I guess the reason could be that you are driving a lighter wheel base and the mods are kind of optimised on it.
Maybe. With the first versions i got some reviews about the FFB, that it was way to low. So I looked up how strong the FFB is set in other mods such as RSS, URD, etc. and adjusted that to my mods. I can reduce it a bit, but I generally find it quite difficult to adjust it so that everyone is happy. There are to much different factors that play a role in the FFB for everyone.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back