Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Also for anyone complaining Tilke makes boring tracks, this and Bilster Berg are proof that when he's given freedom and a good piece of topography, the man can make wonders.
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not?
To me, this layout is like those terribad BTB tracks that occasionally pop up on RD, where the modder has just gone crazy without any consideration for how the track actually drives.
I'm guessing the layout here was severely limited by the local topography, but:
Blind crests? Tick.
Ridiculous elevation changes? Tick.
Over-use of chicanes and hairpins? Tick.
Terrible sight lines? Tick.

Compare this to fictional tracks by, say, doublezero and it's not even in the same league. And I'm not even talking about the modelling and textures (or getting dropped from space when starting a hot lap...).
Maybe it's just supposed to be a rich man's playground, IDK.

London ePrix Season2 v1.0

Screenshot_bmw_z4_london_eprix_s2_1-2-124-20-13-5.jpg

Battersea Park Street Circuit was a motor racing circuit located in Battersea Park, London, England from 2015 to 2016. It hosted the final two races of the 2014–15 Formula E season, and also the second season. The track was 2.925 km (1.818 mi) in length and featured 17 turns. (Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-27 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member Leo_J and Denver Thurston.

Could you help me please to change this nuclear green to a "normal" non-glowing, darker one? Track is Crowntown by DKcze from Racedepartament. Something in ext_config.ini? There are other 3 places in pitstop with this color, but after one example I think I can manage on my own. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 133958.png

@ninezeroniner and @jac0 -- just wanted to thank you guys for the Formula Mazda updates. It's one of my favorite cars to race in AC.

Incidentally, does anyone know why the tires look like this when they get dirty?
View attachment 1332871
hmmm... for me it's not like that... it's like this :
1709296184872.png

Is it on all the skins ? or just one? (which one then?)

In CM Showroom compare your settings for the dirt texture to mine (maybe you accidentally changed something?) :

1709296540170.png

Do you happen to have another version ? (maybe from www.assettohub.com? )

I would recommend deleting the car and reinstalling v1.01 from scratch from original source (here) . This would solve it if you have changed some settings, or if the texture got corrupted somehow.

Last edited:
Point 4 is your answer. CSP brakes complicates this and I don't use them, particularly for GT2 style cars in this era. Sure it can work but the ability of the AI to brake is affected by weight, downforce, balance, suspension etc etc.
I decided to add the csp brakes for greater realism. Not that it didn't brake before, but in this way I think I simulated the braking system used more finely (front brakes Vented Discs w/4-Piston Calipers, f brake size 322 mm / 12.7 in, rear brakes Vented Discs w/Single-Piston Calipers, r brake size 298 mm / 11.7 in). So I feel that some small critical points have disappeared, I hope it's not just a placebo effect.

In any case, it's not a problem to create two versions, especially now that I've managed to decrease the mod size. But now I have a doubt: in theory, when you install a mod, the date of the last modification in relation to the folders should change. Shouldn't this cause online problems (checksum failed or something similar)?

Seeing as how I'm still using 1.80preview9 and Pure 0.193, I'm curious what RSS stuff you are missing out on? I pretty much buy everything they release and I've never had a problem with any of their mods.

To sort of answer your question, any new version of Pure works flawlessly, so get whatever the current public release version is. But I do think it requires at least version 2.0 of CSP and I'm not sure which is the most stable version of the newer releases. I've tried most of them and they were all more buggy than preview9, which is why I always revert back to it and Pure 1.93.
Sorry, my brain is oohh so fried. I meant VRC's. :banghead:
Thanks.

Anyway...
someone ate the floor of my Showroom, tonight. It was there yesterday.
Don't know what to think :lol:
Maybe the wild ram work (I've made few LODs yesterday) makes CM go gaga.
wheresmafloor.jpg

I decided to add the csp brakes for greater realism. Not that it didn't brake before, but in this way I think I simulated the braking system used more finely (front brakes Vented Discs w/4-Piston Calipers, f brake size 322 mm / 12.7 in, rear brakes Vented Discs w/Single-Piston Calipers, r brake size 298 mm / 11.7 in). So I feel that some small critical points have disappeared, I hope it's not just a placebo effect.

In any case, it's not a problem to create two versions, especially now that I've managed to decrease the mod size. But now I have a doubt: in theory, when you install a mod, the date of the last modification in relation to the folders should change. Shouldn't this cause online problems (checksum failed or something similar)?
Can you post the full brake ini?

Can you post the full brake ini?
Here is the file. Now I'll explain how I structured it.

First of all I added the csp extension at the end because on trello has been indicated "Note: only supplementary - Kunos parameters also required". So I believe the original part is required. In any case, regardless of whether the vanilla part is present or not, the AI goes into Pastor Maldonado mode.

The MAX_TORQUE value is identical to the one indicated in the vanilla version and I managed the MAX_PRESSURE value by experimenting a bit, adjusting myself based on the friction coefficient indicated in the brake_temp_mu.lut file.

The friction coefficient for a racing car, doing some research, varies between 0.4 and 0.6. I attributed an initial value to 50 degrees and a final value to 1200 degrees equal to 0.47, with a maximum of 0.5 between 500 and 700 degrees (all the intermediate values are in proportion). I took the dimensions of the discs directly from the car's specs, while the dimensions/number of pistons from the AP Racing website. I haven't finished the cool transfer part yet, I've only done a few for now.

Obviously I'm not an expert, if I've made trivial mistakes please tell me :D

Attachments

• brakes.ini
    2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Here is the file. Now I'll explain how I structured it.

First of all I added the csp extension at the end because on trello has been indicated "Note: only supplementary - Kunos parameters also required". So I believe the original part is required. In any case, regardless of whether the vanilla part is present or not, the AI goes into Pastor Maldonado mode.

The MAX_TORQUE value is identical to the one indicated in the vanilla version and I managed the MAX_PRESSURE value by experimenting a bit, adjusting myself based on the friction coefficient indicated in the brake_temp_mu.lut file.

The friction coefficient for a racing car, doing some research, varies between 0.4 and 0.6. I attributed an initial value to 50 degrees and a final value to 1200 degrees equal to 0.47, with a maximum of 0.5 between 500 and 700 degrees (all the intermediate values are in proportion). I took the dimensions of the discs directly from the car's specs, while the dimensions/number of pistons from the AP Racing website. I haven't finished the cool transfer part yet, I've only done a few for now.

Obviously I'm not an expert, if I've made trivial mistakes please tell me :D
Also not an expert, but I have spent some time messing about with the CSP brakes, for example in the 101 Creative 996 GT3 Cup...

You have 2 [DATA] headers, I don't know what that would do but best to remove the second one and the lines it contains.

You have used the diameter of the disc for the effective radius, the easiest way to think about this figure is that it is from the middle of the hub to the middle of the brake pad. I don't think that will impact the AI

I would add a second piston for the rear brakes just use the same diameter, again I doubt it impacts the AI

Example lut for perf curve used in the 996 GT3 Cup (front brakes). Again I doubt it effects the AI.

Code:
0    |    0.4
100    |    0.44
200    |    0.45
300    |    0.47
400    |    0.49
500    |    0.51
600    |    0.49
700    |    0.47
800    |    0.45
900    |    0.45
1000    |    0.44

Roughly based on data from RS19 pads from Pagid racing

I struggle the most with the heating side of the brakes, I have poor knowledge of how things heat up and cool down, so mostly trial and error!

Attached is the 996 GT3 Cup brake.ini file for reference.

Attachments

• brakes.ini
    2.5 KB · Views: 6
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not?
To me, this layout is like those terribad BTB tracks that occasionally pop up on RD, where the modder has just gone crazy without any consideration for how the track actually drives.
I'm guessing the layout here was severely limited by the local topography, but:
Blind crests? Tick.
Ridiculous elevation changes? Tick.
Over-use of chicanes and hairpins? Tick.
Terrible sight lines? Tick.

Compare this to fictional tracks by, say, doublezero and it's not even in the same league. And I'm not even talking about the modelling and textures (or getting dropped from space when starting a hot lap...).
Maybe it's just supposed to be a rich man's playground, IDK.
Could not agree more. No grace, no subtlety, just 100% "h0w b@tt****T CRazzEEee c@n W3 MaAaKke tH!zzz?!?!?"
Happy we get to take a look, but not even two laps, in.the.bin.

Also not an expert, but I have spent some time messing about with the CSP brakes, for example in the 101 Creative 996 GT3 Cup...

You have 2 [DATA] headers, I don't know what that would do but best to remove the second one and the lines it contains.

You have used the diameter of the disc for the effective radius, the easiest way to think about this figure is that it is from the middle of the hub to the middle of the brake pad. I don't think that will impact the AI

I would add a second piston for the rear brakes just use the same diameter, again I doubt it impacts the AI

Example lut for perf curve used in the 996 GT3 Cup (front brakes). Again I doubt it effects the AI.

Code:
0    |    0.4
100    |    0.44
200    |    0.45
300    |    0.47
400    |    0.49
500    |    0.51
600    |    0.49
700    |    0.47
800    |    0.45
900    |    0.45
1000    |    0.44

Roughly based on data from RS19 pads from Pagid racing

I struggle the most with the heating side of the brakes, I have poor knowledge of how things heat up and cool down, so mostly trial and error!

Attached is the 996 GT3 Cup brake.ini file for reference.
I don't know if it's an error but it is reported that the T400R has single piston calipers at the rear, for this reason I included only one piston.

As for the radius, so it's like I have the pads sitting on the outer edge of the disc by the time I include the actual radius?

For the brake friction coefficient lut table I did this:

50|0.47
100|0.48
200|0.484
300|0.49
400|0.495
500|0.5
600|0.5
700|0.5
800|0.49
900|0.485
1000|0.473
1200|0.47

Now I'll try changing the headers and see what happens. :cheers:

Dakota GP - Renu (nfss) - v1.00

bgr_01.jpg

Features:
  • update of ACF version
  • 18 grid/pit
  • new road mesh
  • lightsFX, rainFX, moarFX
  • new AI
  • updated shaders + new normal maps
  • Jumbotron:tm: dispays
  • moving scoreboard thing
  • new crowd_facing spectators
  • a blimp
*note: AI start on the flat as they cannot handle the banking at start

Credits:
  • 3d model by Slightly Mad Studios
  • converted to Assetto Corsa by ACF
  • renu version by @RMi_wood
  • physical road mesh by @pugsang
  • blimp by @Masscot
  • beta testing by @Breathe

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
Thats correct what @racinjoe013 says. I just recommend to uninstall Sol if you install Pure, because Pure doesn't need parts of Sol (Sol Planner + controller) anymore. Sol has a weak code and i can only recommend to use Pure.
I recommend to uninstall Sol, because its apps have a wiper control and those will interfer with CSP's automatic wiper control.
In Pure i try to minimize the car controls. So car properties are excluded from the weather systemm and therefore Pure Planner has no wiper control. You just use the automatic wiper control of CSP in the weatherFX settings.

Sol weather app and Sol Planner app have their own wiper control and so you need to deactivate them in the apps settings.
To describe how to do it is much more time consuming than to just say "uninstall" Sol. So Sol has realy no advantage over Pure in my eyes.

BUT you can still use Pure and Sol in parallel. Both will not interfere with each other with the newer versions of Pure. You just need to take care of the wiper control, if you use automatic wipers.
Peter, thanks for the reply. I joined your Patreon last night and it looks like you're very active, which is great.

If I keep SOL along with Pure, I will make sure to turn off SOL's wiper control.

Just a few more questions if I may:

1. Question: I use SOL's dynamic weather-plan to cycle through different weather types every few minutes during a race. Can I still have SOL's dynamic weather-plan activated when using Pure?
...... a. If not, does Pure have its own dynamic weather-plan feature/system that I can use to automatically cycle through different weather types (instead of SOL's dynamic weather-plan feature)?

2. Question: Does Pure have rain?
...... a. If not, can I use SOL's rain feature while still using Pure's weather?

3. I have all of my Custom Championship's rounds set up to use SOL's weather presets (ie. "SOL Few Clouds"). Will I need to update all of my Custom Championships with Pure's weather presets?
...... a. If not, will Pure actually show "Few Clouds" based on my "Few Clouds" preset even though it is SOL's?

Thank you very much for your help and hard work on Pure.

Last edited:
Does Marco17 have some kind of exclusivity with RSS for official F1 liveries? I was searching for skins for the 2010 V8 Formula mod and was surprised to only find a Ferrari pack and a few fantasy skins. Only to find that Marco17 has a full skin pack good to go on his Patreon?

I think this happened with the last one too, 1986. Smells stinky

Last edited:
I don't know if it's an error but it is reported that the T400R has single piston calipers at the rear, for this reason I included only one piston.

As for the radius, so it's like I have the pads sitting on the outer edge of the disc by the time I include the actual radius?

For the brake friction coefficient lut table I did this:

50|0.47
100|0.48
200|0.484
300|0.49
400|0.495
500|0.5
600|0.5
700|0.5
800|0.49
900|0.485
1000|0.473
1200|0.47

Now I'll try changing the headers and see what happens. :cheers:
Single piston (floating) caliper is what most road cars use, from my understanding the pads still squeeze the disc from both sides with close to equal pressure, I don't think csp models this, thus why i suggest using a second piston.

Effective radius will be less than the disc radius, simplified, effective radius = (disc diameter/2) - (pad width/2)

So if you have a 300mm disc, with say a 50mm wide pad the effective radius would be approx, 125mm

Peter, thanks for the reply. I joined your Patreon last night and it looks like you're very active, which is great.

If I keep SOL along with Pure, I will make sure to turn off SOL's wiper control.

Just a few more questions if I may:

1. Question: I use SOL's dynamic weather-plan to cycle through different weather types every few minutes during a race. Can I still have SOL's dynamic weather-plan activated when using Pure?
...... a. If not, does Pure have its own dynamic weather-plan feature/system that I can use to automatically cycle through different weather types (instead of SOL's dynamic weather-plan feature)?

2. Question: Does Pure have rain?
...... a. If not, can I use SOL's rain feature while still using Pure's weather?

3. I have all of my Custom Championship's rounds set up to use SOL's weather presets (ie. "SOL Few Clouds"). Will I need to update all of my Custom Championships with Pure's weather presets?
...... a. If not, will Pure actually show "Few Clouds" based on my "Few Clouds" preset even though it is SOL's?

Thank you very much for your help and hard work on Pure.
1:

You can still use Sol Planner or whate ever you used before, just leave the weather control to it.
BUT Pure Planner has way more features!!! You can also make a simple plan with your favorite weather and with the "fade to slot" feature you can have a fade in a custom time to this weather, by clicking it or even define it to keys or buttons.

So while driving you can decide freely which weather is next.

2:

Neighter Sol nor Pure have rain. Rain is part of CSP. Sol or Pure just controlling the rain.

3:

Nothing will change there. Those older weathers from Sol are still part of the Pure install. I left them for compatibility to those championships and carrers.

Last edited:
Good evening. Does anyone have any thoughts about the "weather fx" tab, why turning on this tab spoils the appearance of the game so much? example, two screenshots, 1 - the "weather fx" tab is disabled, 2 - absolutely the same graphics / weather settings, everything is exactly the same, only one difference, I checked the "active" checkbox in the "weather fx" tab.
and in the second picture the image is somehow flat, bleached, the clouds look different, the shadows are almost invisible, the metal (on the steering wheel) does not have a pleasant shine.
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2024.03.01 - 21.12.17.22.png

Безымянный2.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2024.03.01 - 21.14.22.05.png

Безымянный.png

Last edited:
hmmm... for me it's not like that... it's like this :
View attachment 1332946

Is it on all the skins ? or just one? (which one then?)

In CM Showroom compare your settings for the dirt texture to mine (maybe you accidentally changed something?) :

View attachment 1332947

Do you happen to have another version ? (maybe from www.assettohub.com? )

I would recommend deleting the car and reinstalling v1.01 from scratch from original source (here) . This would solve it if you have changed some settings, or if the texture got corrupted somehow.
Appreciate the help, @jac0. So I tried installing the clean car, checked the dirt texture settings (same as yours), tried various skins, and was still having the problem. Then I thought of something: A while ago I'd turned off TyresFX in CSP because it was causing wet tires to look strange on a couple of cars. I just turned it back on, and the Formula Mazda dirty tires now look the way they should. Thing is, I haven't noticed anything like this with any other car since I turned off TyresFX, so it hadn't struck me that that could be the culprit. Thanks again for the help.

Single piston (floating) caliper is what most road cars use, from my understanding the pads still squeeze the disc from both sides with close to equal pressure, I don't think csp models this, thus why i suggest using a second piston.

Effective radius will be less than the disc radius, simplified, effective radius = (disc diameter/2) - (pad width/2)

So if you have a 300mm disc, with say a 50mm wide pad the effective radius would be approx, 125mm
At the rear I added an additional piston as you recommended. After reordering the file and aggregating the various data sections into one, the AI now seems to slow down. Unfortunately, some AI cars still tend to accelerate and brake at the same time, but it must be said that the situation has improved considerably. Thank you :cheers:

PS: I also updated the values relating to the effective radius, according to your formula and based on the measurements I chose based on the ap racing brake pads catalogue, I now have 0.134 at the front and 0.123 at the rear.

Last edited:
@Peter Boese

A friend of mine just wrote to me and said that when he presses ctrl+c and set weather to thunderstorm (AI driving) with the latest PURE version, the game crashes, can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
A followup to this: So putting the ao layer of your skin (in Photoshop) through the RGB->Greyscale->RGB was a revelation.
What else really helps:
  • while I've separated that ao layer into a separate file for that, I ran it through Topaz Gigapixel AI (earlier version of PhotoAI) up to 8k size. If you've used GAI before, you know what a great job it does of cleaning up the image on its way up in size. It's noise reduction isn't quite what their De-Noise AI module is, but that's a good thing (I tried DeNoise on it too, it didn't get the same effect) . (GAI settings: OutputWidth-8192__AI Model-Art&CG__SuppressNoise-100, nothing else)
  • Then shrink it back to 4096 in Photoshop (maintain detail). Replace the old ao layer with the new one.
THEN:
  • I use a copy of the ao layer as a paint layer. I make that paint color adjustment using Hue-Saturation->Colorize, (as opposed to just dumping paint in it) so it maintains the shadow detail. (This similarity to the ao layer may be what has introduced the noise)
  • I could see plainly in Photoshop (on the doors particularly) that there was alot of noise in that paint layer after the color was set. It's not pixel-pixel noise from CSP showroom->InGame but it was indicative.
  • I ran that paint layer through De-Noise AI (turn off Recover original detail for this) (without separating it to another file) and...
  • Angels sang. Clean as my Mom's house. (first update 1 skin only and compare the 2)

The Vista Ferraris have been updated (with singing):

Cleaned-Up-cf_ferrari_296_gt3_.jpg

Last edited:
I seem to have less AC/CSP issues since moving to Windows 11, but... it coincided with a brand new PC, so... Gallic shrug

Is this due for release any time soon?
The misamisa なんだこぱんだ car is a bit of an odd fish - a lot of the decals float about 10mm off the bodywork, for example. Not sure it's worth doing any work on if yours is imminent.
It feels lovely to drive though.
yep the car is from Assoluto Racing

Aquila CR1 BMW M60
Aquila CR1 LS7
Aquila CR1 Judd V10 (Fictional)
__custom_showroom_1709328919.jpg

__custom_showroom_1709328926.jpg

__custom_showroom_1709328933.jpg
__custom_showroom_1709328941.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back