Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,210 comments
Strangely, in my case is ok.
Please Delete previous version if you have before install it.
It worked :D

Hi Simracers and Modders
Has anyone seen or heard of a talkthrough for tracks similar to Rally games?

For example; Next corner is a left in 200m use 3rd gear

I was trying to familiarise myself with the Nordschleife (what a mess!! :D:crazy:) which is what made me think this could make a good training tool for unfamiliar tracks

I dont always have time to familiarise myself by lapping for hours so any help appreciated

Thanks in advance
Cozy
Usually, to familiarize myself with a new circuit, I watch/study some onboards in my downtime (e.g. before going to sleep) before doing a few laps. For me it's more immediate.

Fun fact: I learned to race at the Nurburgring thanks to Forza Motorsport 1. Among the circuits there was also the nur divided into sections (there were time attacks events or sprint races if I remember correctly). Piece by piece, little by little, I almost learned it by heart. Maybe someone who knows how to work with circuits could recreate the same thing in AC.

Last edited:
Why are there like 5 pages of rally stages by the same person in the AC track section of downloads on GTP? Give a link to this guys website or something, but don't eat up 5 pages with almost the same thing. I was looking to download a track mod, but kept scrolling, scrolling, and scrolling.

Last edited:
I have a stupid issue and need any tips u guys can have

The helmet is fine in game on my pc

View attachment 1361284

The helmet is fine in cm showroom on someone else PC

View attachment 1361285

And in game for that guy PC the wing is black for every driver who has a wing part on the helmets I converted

View attachment 1361286

How is this possible?????
I think that has something to do with the ext_config.ini which is in the skin folder. That's not rendered in CM showroom, but IS by AC in the game. So what else does your mate have that's rendered at game time, like something that is stored in AC textures folder, maybe? (like where all the team suits etc are stored?)

@VetteZR1 That's an unfortunate developing trend under the new overlords. Modder marketing. Dominate the front page.

Last edited:
shi
Arctic Circle Raceway v1.1 (06/03/2024 Updated)
Download(mediafire)

Arctic Circle Raceway is a motor racing circuit in Norway. It is the northernmost racetrack in the world.(Wikipedia)
Converted from rFactor.

-CSP Recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Tommy Rustad for his original F1-2002 version
Gmilno for GTR version
Der Dumeklemmer for GTL Version
smoss for rFactor Version
Slider916/Cammel/Pain-less for rFactor Version updated

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
cam and AI by @racealot
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
ext_config.ini updated by @slider666
Edited texture by @Breathe
some textures by kunos
Test, Feedback by @Breathe , @Mike08 , @pugsang

The AC version was converted by Unknown and then updated by Teddie. Then there was an update by me. (update_changelog.txt)
Finally an rfactor conversion from the beginning by me was done. Textures, cam, etc. that are still available are still used.

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Fixed a problem where the starting position was too close. (Thank you HuwaWolther for the suggestion.)
The starting light was moved to the front of the grid. (Thank you HuwaWolther for the suggestion.)
Added drs_zones.ini by HuwaWolther. (Thanks)
Added 3D terrain.
Added sand edges.
Added camera_facing spectators (texture by Kniker97).
Added sidelines to AI.
Re-created fast_lane.ai.
Re-created skidmarks.
Updated treewall mapping.
Most textures were upscaled with AI.
Updated preview.
Other minor fixes.
View attachment 1361488

Arctic Circle Raceway v1.1
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 changelog;
Fixed a problem where the starting position was too close. (Thank you HuwaWolther for the suggestion.)
The starting light was moved to the front of the grid. (Thank you HuwaWolther for the suggestion.)
Added drs_zones.ini by HuwaWolther. (Thanks)
Added 3D terrain.
Added sand edges.
Added camera_facing spectators (texture by Kniker97).
Added sidelines to AI.
Re-created fast_lane.ai.
Re-created skidmarks.
Updated treewall mapping.
Most textures were upscaled with AI.
Updated preview.
Other minor fixes.
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_arctic_circle_raceway_3-5-124-19-49-36.jpg

Hi Simracers and Modders

I was trying to familiarise myself with the Nordschleife (what a mess!! :D:crazy:) which is what made me think this could make a good training tool for unfamiliar tracks

I dont always have time to familiarise myself by lapping for hours so any help appreciated

Thanks in advance
Cozy
Co driver app maybe? It reads the AI line of the track and converts to pacenotes. You can also record a lap / run yourself and it'll adjust the notes accordingly.

I think that has something to do with the ext_config.ini which is in the skin folder. That's not rendered in CM showroom, but IS by AC in the game. So what else does your mate have that's rendered at game time, like something that is stored in AC textures folder, maybe? (like where all the team suits etc are stored?)

@VetteZR1 That's an unfortunate developing trend under the new overlords. Modder marketing. Dominate the front page.
no it just so happens during "sunset", spa day the helmet is fine on his pc. And he has the exact same files as I do

Is it once again csp destroying everything for no reason?

Hi Simracers and Modders

Thanks in advance
Cozy
Co Driver is what you need. You can download it on their page here.

Ferrari F40 '92(v1.6) by F40 LM Lover

It is tested in CSP 2.4 Preview1
You need CSP latest Version

Change Logs
1) The overall size has been reduced to fit the actual size.
-. Dimension 4,358 X 1976 X 1,124mm,
-. Wheelbase 2,450mm
-. Track 1,594/1,610mm
-. But This car has 18 inch rims and tyres

2) Dummies and objects related to phyics are matched to their alignments
3) Broken meshes are fixed(Front Nose/Rims and so on)
4) Tyre textures are changed(1987's Pirelli PZero asimmetrico)
5) Driver's animation are little bit improved.
6) Engine Start/Off function is added.

Features
1) Extra Animation
-. EXTRA A : Left Door Open/Close
-. EXTRA B : Right Door Open/Close
-. EXTRA C : Rear Cawl Open/Close
-. EXTRA D : Engine Start/Off
-. EXTRA E : Fog Lights On/Off
-. EXTRA F : Frunk Open/Close
-. EXTRA G : Left Window Open/Close
View attachment 1361233
View attachment 1361234

Great work, many thanks!
The only thing I'd change would be the internal glass texture. The one you've used looks like a frosted shower screen when driving into low sun because the dust/dirt layer is perfectly even and consistent. It gives a weird 'mist' effect. Try this one, it gives a more random dirt/smudge effect.
(remove the .txt extension to convert back to DDS)

Attachments

• INT_GLASS_Reflex.dds.txt
    5.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I had problems trying to get Ai to use a specific setup. Naming is specific and I'm not at my pc to check but I think it's ai_default not other way around. Had to do it for the Toyota racing series Tatuus cars when I was working with G0D on the mod. Create the setup with your car as you want them to run, save the setup as ai_default. I'll confirm naming when I get home in a few hours.

Edit just checked and can confirm naming the ai setup needs to be ai_default
Yep, that's what I did (with the correct naming), and it didn't changed anything because the problem was in the drivetrain, first. Well, apparently.

Since then, I tried many different things, I'm getting close. Still a lot of testing needed, but it's going better (considering the car, I'm aiming for the AI to end up in the middle of the "small engine" range of the WSC cars, with around 270 kph top speed. I think it's a fair range).

I'm also considering doing the (unfinished and never raced IRL) 3 liters version of the Piper. No idea for the power figures, for I would say competitive with the top dogs of the era. What do you think of that, guys ? It is a fictional version after all, but could be a fun one. And I don't want it to shadow the original Piper and making it kind of obsolete...

Last edited:
bit more progress. completely scrapped the "revised" bumper from the last set of pics and spent hours cutting and fixing this entirely new one. now new rear bumper is 99% correct.

time to revise the skins to reflect the new mapping, do shadows etc.

above pic how the car is as of today.

bottom pic is how it was when I started

__custom_showroom_1717439401.png

__custom_showroom_1717438644.png

Last edited:
bit more progress. completely scrapped the "revised" bumper from the last set of pics and spent hours cutting and fixing this entirely new one. now new rear bumper is 99% correct.

time to revise the skins to reflect the new mapping, do shadows etc.

above pic how the car is as of today.

bottom pic is how it was when I started

View attachment 1361609
View attachment 1361585
It looks awesome dude, good job. Waiting for what you know to lend a helping hand.

At first i will send a big thank you to all who give me support, report bugs and who are doing all these great skins for the cars. :bowdown: 😍 🤘💪

Atm i'm taking a short pause, but here is a short status report of what I have planned for the future:

1. I'm not really happy with the behavior of the cars. Too much understeer at all and on all of the cars. I will work on this at first, so that driving of these cars will get a lot more fun.
  2. Then i will look at the bugs and do some fixing.
  3. I will add new cars to the package. I think our Guerilla Mods BMW E46 M3 GTR will be part of it too. Then following cars could also be available for selection: Aston Marting DBRS9, Porsche 997 GT3 Cup or Dodge Viper Competition Coupè. Which would you choose?

am_dbrs9.jpg

porsche_997_gt3_cup.jpg

dodge_viper_competition_coupe.jpg

Last edited:
At first i will send a big thank you to all who give me support, report bugs and who are doing all these great skins for the cars. :bowdown: 😍 🤘💪

Atm i'm taking a short pause, but here is a short status report of what I have planned for the future:

1. I'm not really happy with the behavior of the cars. Too much understeer at all and on all of the cars. I will work on this at first, so that driving of these cars will get a lot more fun.
  3. I will add new cars to the package. I think our Guerilla Mods BMW E46 M3 GTR will be part of it too. Then following cars could also be available for selection: Aston Marting DBRS9, Porsche 997 GT3 Cup or Dodge Viper Competition Coupè. Which would you choose?

View attachment 1361672

View attachment 1361674

View attachment 1361673
I would suggest DBRS9 to go with RSS GT1 version.

View attachment 1361672

View attachment 1361674

View attachment 1361673
Viper.
The Aston and the Porsche have already been done to death in various guises, and familiarity breeds contempt.
:)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back