Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,985 comments
good evening, can anyone identify this logo (in the white circle)? I understand that the picture quality is poor, but maybe someone will recognize it by the silhouette.
View attachment 1371791
1720742116551.png

That's a slightly better quality image but still very vague, it appears "Blue Label Racing - Restoration & Service" look after the car, maybe you could contact them and ask for more information? Just an idea as that logo looks like it will be very hard to decipher, hope I am wrong!

Last edited:
Uploaded a new version of the track. Sorry, no small update file this time. Use the link in the above quote and make sure to delete your previous track folder.

None of the changes are major so i'll list what's new in case they don't interest you. If not, you can skip this update.

-- Fixed the concrete edge on the carpet in the last turn. Now everything should match.
-- Separated all of the bridge\ad banner meshes so I could give some of the bridge ones emissive values at night.
-- New sidelines for the GP layout ai. I included the original ai if you don't like the new one so you can revert back to it. I tested the new ai on the F1 layouts with F1 cars and it works fine. If you like to new GP layout ai, you can copy it to the F1 layouts. You may need to rename the ai_hints files for the F1 layouts in order for it to work right, but I would test it first.
-- I made all of the kerb cones non-moveable objects because I couldn't get past how big they were. If you prefer the moveable cones, enable the 'Optional Moveable Kerb Cones' track skin.
-- I added some additional light poles around the track. I have vision issues driving at night and found it hard to race on this track at night because a lot of the areas were unlit. I realize they are not true to real life, so they are hidden by default. If you'd like to try them out, enable the 'Optional Extra Night Lights' track skin to make them renderable.

I think that's everything, but i'm probably forgetting something.
I'm an idiot. I forgot to change the folder name in the camera_facing fle for the GP and Intermediate layouts on Istanbul. Extract and replace the two files included in the attached .zip file to get the people back in the stands. The F1 layouts are fine because Pyyer made his own crowd facing setup.

Attachments

• rj_istanbul_park_crowd_fix.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 6
what i dont get when i got the 1966 one, is why there are several models of the same car in that pack? for the skins are you guys making them and if so why not just choose one model?
Because there were different sub models in the race (there wasn't just a single 'type' of GT40 that entered). There were also different types of 365s (including a spyder). The #12 and #14 GT40s had a 4.7 liter v8 and the others a 6.7 liter. Different performances. We strive for accuracy so if a different model raced, we choose that. It is also for instance why the #53 SP66 races with no tail as it didn't in the real race.

View attachment 1371832

That's a slightly better quality image but still very vague, it appears "Blue Label Racing - Restoration & Service" look after the car, maybe you could contact them and ask for more information? Just an idea as that logo looks like it will be very hard to decipher, hope I am wrong!
I would just email and ask. I had a question today about a rev limit for a Konrad Group C car and got an answer by email from Franz Konrad himself in about a hour.

How does everyone feel about this article including this part about mods?
I think thats the only rational conclusion they had to draw from the past. If they want to support modding, maybe even on the consoles, they must have an own shop and then they must handle copyrights. And also in this way imo, they made a decision about support work. I think they will focus on the bigger modding groups and more professional modding people. So people wiith a decent work skill and a decent mind for customer support.

AC modding was fastly slipping out of their hands. They were only be possible to handle this in the first 2 years or so. Then the things getting to heavy to handle this. So they trying to limit their own support work to handle the modding in a practical way, where they still have the power to prevent the usage of a mod, if there is a copyright problem.

Imo that means that there will be a restricted shop, where modders must be approved to share their things, paid or not will not be the question. But i think it means that AC EVO modding is completely different to AC modding in terms of the community.

Even if people find a way to hack their own "not official" mods into AC EVO, Kunos can say, "they hacked it". And maybe it will be a little battle and restrictions get harder and harder.

I can't say that this is a bad decision by Kunos. Its the only logical way they can go, if they want to keep the full control over their product. I think they never thought that AC would be that great and things fastly get over their heads, but not because they are bad developers, but because they developed a fantastic base for a racing/modding like sandbox and NO company can handle such anthill.

So at the end its what i though till the first announcement of AC EVO: There will be a movement of casual racers to AC EVO for sure. People who just want to race, like AMS2 users. But for the rest of the players that fumbling around, collecting whatever cars, fun players and "just drivers", AC can still be the place to have fun on a decent level.

I think with AC EVO, AC gets more and more the "black sheep" in the racing world, because it will be mostly the only place where uncontrolled modding is possible (in a good and bad way for modders and their copyright issues)

Because there were different sub models in the race (there wasn't just a single 'type' of GT40 that entered). There were also different types of 365s (including a spyder). The #12 and #14 GT40s had a 4.7 liter v8 and the others a 6.7 liter. Different performances. We strive for accuracy so if a different model raced, we choose that. It is also for instance why the #53 SP66 races with no tail as it didn't in the real race.
You should use the Extension folder allowing you to change model aspects of different skins. So for example that #53 car, instead of having a whole seperate model, rather have use the model replacement config to take the tail off the car. In most cases it wouldn't even need you to edit the original model. Saves you time as the modder and saves HD space for everyone.

Did they really compete with modders though? Has anyone here actually gone "I'm not going to buy the Kunos version of a car, I'll use this mod one instead" ? They've sold tonnes of copies of the game and, no doubt, the official DLC.
They are not really competing with modders at all, A good chunk of mods needs various DLC's due to people re-using assets from those DLC's. Everytime you see someone asking what version of AC to buy they are told to buy the Ultimate edition cause it's the one that includes everything and wont cause you to get miss match for online use etc.

Whatever it will be, i really hope they put an SDK in conditions that allow most people to make good quality mods, such as basing it also on Blender 4.1. One of the reasons of why most people copy paste things from other mods or just steal. If they make that easy for everyone, nobody is doing anything ilegal. This happen in rFactor2 where the SDK is so tedious that it's almost dead (sorry but this is true) most of the mods are bad quality...

I'm not against the aproval of mods, I like that idea, but at least I hope it's not closed to 'modding studios' but open to everyone who want to do something decent or just whatever thing whenever is not ripped or something.

Things to avoid in the next AC Evo SDK if they want a good modding community

1. No Blender in SDK, only 3dsmax (paid program at 279€/month)
2. No physics guide, no explanation on nothing on this side (and no, the AC forum guides are not worth it totally because they don't cover all and you are totally dependant on reverse engineering which is lame as heck)
3. People reuploading your mod, whenever is free or paid (this last is more frustant) and getting profit of it. Sometimes even more than you.
4. People stealing your 3d model. There should be a showroom where you can't get the 3d model with a simple button.
3DSmax can be pirated so easily that an 10 year old can do it, There are entire subreddits dedicated to pirating 3DSMax etc. Good luck limiting it to 1 program

How does everyone feel about this article including this part about mods?
My opinion on this is that trying to control external modding is like trying to "put doors on the countryside", as an old spanish saying states... 🙄

Last edited:
How many manga liveries will the Assetto Corsa Evo repository feature?
Yes. :lol:
60 percent of the mod store will be R32s
god i hope not... hopefully they block most of drifting and touge mods... they are the worst and most unrealistic part of AC.
If they are all handcrafted and not stolen why not, there should be no limitation to what's available.

@Peter Boese I completely agree with you, but I'm more concerned about one particular aspect, especially regarding paid mods : licensing. RSS or VRC are good exemples of the "avoidance strategy", even quite hypocritical it is technically, more or less, legal. But that prevent the user to get a "real names and badge" add-on, which would probably be denied on an official marketplace (even if, still, legal in theory). Skinmakers could also get into trouble quite often (you can't sell a visual representation of a brand or trademark without their consent), especially for the newer stuff as it is probably way more monitored than vintage content. Same goes for tracks if they are trademarked, which is the vast majority of them.
To be able to sell those without the proper copyright agreement from the seller, at least the marketplace would need a general agreement, or contract towards those brands to certify the rights to sell, which would be near impossible to have (many, many loopholes ahead... or, way too expensive).
It could be very good news for paidmod control and restriction, compared to the ****show it is today, but also a pretty repulsive one leading to the plummeting of the offer, therefor of the users. Or Am I missing something ?

It's a really complicated subject.
I would love to have a chat with Kunos' lawyer team to learn and understand more of this.

Pit stop menu

I cannot see my pit stop menu anymore, it is stuck on the right side of my screen, I can see the edge of it, but I cannot drag it back toward the center of my screen.
Help!
I had this exact same issue, I'm away from my computer right now but it's a file you have to edit to get the menu back on screen. Don't worry, there is a solution. When I find the page with the info I'll let you know.

Edit found it

Last edited:
View attachment 1371832

Thanks for the help, I’ll try to write to them, but I’m not sure what they’ll answer. I wrote to the owner of the car a week ago; he has a YouTube channel, but so far there has been no response. I usually don’t bother with small details, but here I wanted to maintain complete historicity.)) Well, as far as it’s possible to do this from a photo, so far it looks like this...

Desktop Screenshot 2024.07.12 - 13.31.50.82.png

I had this exact same issue, I'm away from my computer right now but it's a file you have to edit to get the menu back on screen. Don't worry, there is a solution. When I find the page with the info I'll let you know.

Edit found it

Thank you, that worked well.
Posting the details here for future reference.
“To everyone having this issue, the editable file with the pitstop app X:Y coordinate is located here : C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\state the file is imgui_settings.ini. Look for

[MOVABLE]

PITS=2548,490

Put the X and Y value to something well inside your monitor bound.”

I was driving Legion's CART 1995 cars last evening and I love them. The AI keep gaining into the pits after about 2 laps, when racing though - on road and ovals, on multiple tracks. Is there any way I can fix this?

I'm an idiot yet again. I went on and on about moveable vs. not moveable cones on Istanbul. Then I re-watched the F1 2021 highlight video again and picked up on something I never realized. There are no cones on the carpet areas. There is supposed to be a small orange bump. So now I need to go back and re-do the carpet areas so they look like this.

bump.jpg

This could be kinda dumb and obvious, but I was just thinking. I don't think that Kunos can really be too gung-ho about mods in the open because of copyright and contracts. Like if they were negotiating with IndyCar to have those cars in their game and it fell through, but they were like 'oh no anyway VRC just made a sick mod anyway so download that for your IndyCar fix'. When looking at it outside in, it's not as easy as something like a Skyrim mod marketplace since like 99% of all mods are trademarked intellectual properties. Maybe it could be 'hey here is your store. Run it yourself but don't charge money for models ripped from Forza'

I hope if there is a bit more Kunos support, maybe there it is more in line with providing a platform with a more robust online, maybe with LFM integration, and running with custom liveries and wotnot. I'm hopeful that they have even acknowledged the modding community at this point, I'm sure they're very aware of what has given AC it's lasting popularity at this point.

Yeah, i definitely cant get any of those links to work, but thank you anyways!
I highly suggest you use an ad blocker like uBlock origin. Most of the file sharing sites have re-directs when you click on the links. uBlock will block them. All the links work fine, btw.

This could be kinda dumb and obvious, but I was just thinking. I don't think that Kunos can really be too gung-ho about mods in the open because of copyright and contracts. Like if they were negotiating with IndyCar to have those cars in their game and it fell through, but they were like 'oh no anyway VRC just made a sick mod anyway so download that for your IndyCar fix'. When looking at it outside in, it's not as easy as something like a Skyrim mod marketplace since like 99% of all mods are trademarked intellectual properties. Maybe it could be 'hey here is your store. Run it yourself but don't charge money for models ripped from Forza'

I hope if there is a bit more Kunos support, maybe there it is more in line with providing a platform with a more robust online, maybe with LFM integration, and running with custom liveries and wotnot. I'm hopeful that they have even acknowledged the modding community at this point, I'm sure they're very aware of what has given AC it's lasting popularity at this point.
They cannot be held responsible for the modding content, but they are aware of the very-high proportion of it being illegal by essence. Trouble is, they do need licences and contracts with brands to do their game, otherwise it would be an empty shell, and they cannot legitimately go in front of them playing the innocent card saying that what their community is doing is not of their concern. Imagine going on a negotiation meeting with Ferrari's lawyers and saying "well, lets sign a contract for licences on a few cars, no need to sign for all of them, the rest will be accessible from other sources anyway". You wont get away with that. Kunos is torn between 2 incompatible choices.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back