Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,374 comments
I have a quick question that has been bugging me to no end, but what does it mean when you open a FBX file in KsEditor and it closed itself down during loading? This happened with me with two different modded cars yesterday. The Mustang GT3 and 2019 Jaguar F-Type Racing both by First Studio Race. I'm trying to reduce the overall size of textures by reimporting it. I highly doubt it some type of encryption security otherwise it wouldn't have let me unpack LOD KN5 in CM.

Sorry if this is the obvious question ive been searching and got no answer.

EDIT: Nevermind, It turns out it's just encryption BS :(

Last edited:
1) The sound doesnt rev high enough for the rpm, so when driving from the outside of the car, the audio will cut out around the top 5% of the rev range, from the inside it just sounds like its hitting a rev limiter too early instead of completely cutting out, which still sounds a bit odd
I don't know if you used the newest version, because the Vertigo got a new sound (new sound since v3.5, newest version is v3.6) and it is all OK. No cutting of rev range at the outside and internal sound is even OK. checked it again few minutes before i wrote this answer. 🤷‍♀️ 🤔

2) Nitpicky thing I've noticed for a while with this model, it looks like the smoothing groups on the mesh where the spoiler is connected to the car, and the outer flat section of the wing is grouped together in a single smoothing group. I usually would put the outer face as a different smoothing group, so the flat side doesnt look like it's bending light wrong. To illustrate what I'm talking about, the sides with green lines, I'd make those poly's a separate smoothing group from the sides with the red X.
Yeah, this was mentioned before. forgot to fix this.😑 will fix this with next update.

Last edited:
@DaWallace

Congratulations on the work done on this Dodge Viper, it's really exciting.

As far as CSP is concerned, I'm using the latest version (for years I only wanted to use the recommended version) and I always do the installations manually, which can be important.

I have to admit that I was blown away by the LED lighting effects on the gloves, I don't remember seeing that anywhere else.

For the sound, I'am plenty happy with it, maybe the sound balance on other configurations isn't good (I'm using a specific soundcard, It could help me for the sound balance).

Just a minus opinion, Maybe the FFB could be strongless.

Cheers and thanks a lot, I'm very grateful. :):bowdown:

In all the latest versions of the CSP starting from 0.2.1, the AI uses a random tire composition in the race, is it possible to fix this? Because of this bug, i have to use version 0.2.0 for a long time, where there are no problems with it.
Screenshot_1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 4
@DaWallace

Congratulations on the work done on this Dodge Viper, it's really exciting.

As far as CSP is concerned, I'm using the latest version (for years I only wanted to use the recommended version) and I always do the installations manually, which can be important.

I have to admit that I was blown away by the LED lighting effects on the gloves, I don't remember seeing that anywhere else.

For the sound, I'am plenty happy with it, maybe the sound balance on other configurations isn't good (I'm using a specific soundcard, It could help me for the sound balance).

Just a minus opinion, Maybe the FFB could be strongless.

Cheers and thanks a lot, I'm very grateful. :):bowdown:
thx 🤩

FFB is always a topic. I changed the strenght three times and it is everytime someone who complains about to less strength on the FFB or someone who complained about to much strength on the FFB. In the end I took the middle of the settings i had before. Some have a direct drive wheel from Fanatec, others a Moza, others a Logitech and still others a Thrustmaster.... the differences in the FFB strengths are simply too different to define one comfortable setting for everyone.
Use the ingame FFB Setting app to change the FFB to your own feeling.

Ok I think I'm close. I got this.

View attachment 1376886

And then I put the pyyer extension folder here into the track folder.

View attachment 1376888

But it isn't showing up. It's just the regular track without the F1 24 stuff.
Hey, so potentially totally silly question, BUT - you are unzipping the files into the track folder - right? You aren't just dropping the rar/zip file into the folder? What I tend to do as soon as I start playing a game is I go into the root folder where the install is, then I have a look at how things are structured. For instance, you have the AC main folder, from there all the goodies are mainly stashed in the CONTENT folder, from there is fairly simple, you've got TRACKS folders (obvs, all track related stuff gets extracted here). You've got your CARS folder (anything car related goes here). For the most part people are quite good these days and within their zip files you'll just find a CONTENT folder - in which case you just unzip that into your AC main folder as that will already be setup to go where it needs to go. Just go into steam and find AC, then right click on it, a drop down will appear from there it's something like - properties or manage. Click on that, then find browse local files (something to take effect). From there you can work out everything I've just said above.

thx 🤩

FFB is always a topic. I changed the strenght three times and it is everytime someone who complains about to less strength on the FFB or someone who complained about to much strength on the FFB. In the end I took the middle of the settings i had before. Some have a direct drive wheel from Fanatec, others a Moza, others a Logitech and still others a Thrustmaster.... the differences in the FFB strengths are simply too different to define one comfortable setting for everyone.
Use the ingame FFB Setting app to change the FFB to your own feeling.
Maybe adding the steer assist in the setup could be a solution :)

I would have liked to share with you the three skins I had made for my version but the body mapping is different 😞

Hey, so potentially totally silly question, BUT - you are unzipping the files into the track folder - right? You aren't just dropping the rar/zip file into the folder? What I tend to do as soon as I start playing a game is I go into the root folder where the install is, then I have a look at how things are structured. For instance, you have the AC main folder, from there all the goodies are mainly stashed in the CONTENT folder, from there is fairly simple, you've got TRACKS folders (obvs, all track related stuff gets extracted here). You've got your CARS folder (anything car related goes here). For the most part people are quite good these days and within their zip files you'll just find a CONTENT folder - in which case you just unzip that into your AC main folder as that will already be setup to go where it needs to go. Just go into steam and find AC, then right click on it, a drop down will appear from there it's something like - properties or manage. Click on that, then find browse local files (something to take effect). From there you can work out everything I've just said above.
Yes I am unzipping or unraring them first to see where things go. You're right, the easy ones are when you open them up and it says CONTENT, I know that goes into the main assettocorsa file. It's when there are multiple options that I seem to struggle with. Now last night after I finally got the main spa_2022 track installed, I downloaded the pyyer extension file from @racinjoe013 and opened it up and it said CONTENT, but he said to put that to the spa_2022 track file and not the assettocorsa file but it's not showing up.

I had a similar issue with @DaWallace car pack. Downloaded the main file and opened it up and there were subfolders like DW_VIPER and I'm paraphrasing from memory, so I installed each one of them into CARS. But that caused an error. So I was trying to figure out what happened so I went back and looked at those files again and further opened up each one I think two or three more times and then got to dw_viper which is where the actual car file was and installed each one in CARS and they showed up.

If every file opened up with CONTENT then I probably wouldn't have as much trouble as I do. But it's when there are multiple subfolders that I really struggle with. I'm sure more computer savy people see these instructions as clear as day but a lot of them are very blurry to me.

Yes I am unzipping or unraring them first to see where things go. You're right, the easy ones are when you open them up and it says CONTENT, I know that goes into the main assettocorsa file. It's when there are multiple options that I seem to struggle with. Now last night after I finally got the main spa_2022 track installed, I downloaded the pyyer extension file from @racinjoe013 and opened it up and it said CONTENT, but he said to put that to the spa_2022 track file and not the assettocorsa file but it's not showing up.

I had a similar issue with @DaWallace car pack. Downloaded the main file and opened it up and there were subfolders like DW_VIPER and I'm paraphrasing from memory, so I installed each one of them into CARS. But that caused an error. So I was trying to figure out what happened so I went back and looked at those files again and further opened up each one I think two or three more times and then got to dw_viper which is where the actual car file was and installed each one in CARS and they showed up.

If every file opened up with CONTENT then I probably wouldn't have as much trouble as I do. But it's when there are multiple subfolders that I really struggle with. I'm sure more computer savy people see these instructions as clear as day but a lot of them are very blurry to me.
All my cars get same folder as it is in assetto corsa.

First folder is everytime named like the car with version number. After that folder, there is the assetto corsa folder structure:

First folder: DW_Marcos_Mantis_GT3_v36 and then it comes the correct folder structure -> assetto corsa -> content -> cars -> dw_marcos_mantis_gt3

If i download new mods, i always check the folder structure in the .rar/.zip file. If it contains a "content" folder, then it normaly must copied to the main Assetto Corsa folder. Cars or tracks don't have their own "content" folder.

Assetto Corsa has a simple folder structure, so it's easy to assign the files. You just need to understand, how they are constructed.

I mostly install new mods manually and not via drag'n'drop in CM, because sometimes it can cause issues.

Last edited:
Ok I think I'm close. I got this.

View attachment 1376886

And then I put the pyyer extension folder here into the track folder.

View attachment 1376888

But it isn't showing up. It's just the regular track without the F1 24 stuff.
Pyyer extension, you need to open the archive and copy/paste its content into your AC folder. Wont work thru drag&drop into CM and no mod will work if you put the zip file into a folder

If you click on a rar/zip file and anything inside of it says content then that 1000% goes into the main AC. If you click onto a rar and it looks like a track name as the folder then logic would dictate that it'll go straight into the tracks folder, the same logic goes for folders that have car names... That'll go straight into the car folder. Is this the first game that you've modded (just trying to gauge how computer literate you are). AC can be quite overwhelming to begin with but once you know it is actually one of the easiest modding games out there.

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my directions. All my mods are setup to drag them into the root 'assettocorsa' directory. The reason I mentioned it goes in the Spa_2022 folder was so people would know which version of the Pyyer files to download.

Originally, I just had one standalone version named Spa_2022 that had it's own track folder. Then some people asked me if I could make a version that installs into the Kunos Spa folder so I did. Unfortunately that means now I have to do every update twice and things can get a little confusing. The files needed to make the Pyyer extensions work are not the same for both versions so I needed to make two versions of those files as well. I was just trying to make people aware of which version went with what. I should consider dropping the Spa folder version so things are not as confusing moving forward.

To clear things up for you, here's the exact directions you need to follow:

1.) Install the Spa_2022 track by dragging the content folder into the root 'assettocorsa' folder.

2.) Manually install the Pyyer extensions into the newly created spa_2022 folder. And when I say manually, don't just drag his files into the root 'assettocorsa' folder or they won't get placed in the right location. Navigate through his .zip file until you get to where all the files are located. The common, layout, ui folders, etc. Drag all of those into the spa_2022 folder.

3.) Download the appropriate updated Pyyer files I provided and drag the content folder directly into the root 'asettocorsa' folder and overwrite anything it asks.

Last edited:
If you click on a rar/zip file and anything inside of it says content then that 1000% goes into the main AC. If you click onto a rar and it looks like a track name as the folder then logic would dictate that it'll go straight into the tracks folder, the same logic goes for folders that have car names... That'll go straight into the car folder. Is this the first game that you've modded (just trying to gauge how computer literate you are). AC can be quite overwhelming to begin with but once you know it is actually one of the easiest modding games out there.
Yes that I have learned that anything labeled CONTENT goes straight in the "assettocorsa" folder. I like those, they are simple. And I do know about the files labeled for a specific car or track but it's sometimes how far you have to go to eventually get to those that confuses me.

I got my gaming PC in July 2023 and yes AC is the first time I've ever tried a game that you can mod. I also have AMS2 but it's Content Manager is a little easier to deal with. Download a mod file, put it in "Enabled", run AMS2 CM, and most of the time it works. I don't have to go looking for sub folders to get to the root folder you're supposed to install.

But when it comes to attempting something like this:

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = porte G paint int, porte D paint int
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR

There's no way I would try that. You're talking about digging way deep into files and I'm certainly not confident about doing that.

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my directions. All my mods are setup to drag them into the root 'assettocorsa' directory. The reason I mentioned it goes in the Spa_2022 folder was so people would know which version of the Pyyer files to download.

Originally, I just had one standalone version named Spa_2022 that had it's own track folder. Then some people asked me if I could make a version that installs into the Kunos Spa folder so I did. Unfortunately that means now I have to do every update twice and things can get a little confusing. The files needed to make the Pyyer extensions work are not the same for both versions so I needed to make two versions of those files as well. I was just trying to make people aware of which version went with what. I should consider dropping the Spa folder version so things are not as confusing moving forward.

To clear things up for you, here's the exact directions you need to follow:

1.) Install the Spa_2022 track by dragging the contents folder into the root 'assettocorsa' folder.

2.) Manually install the Pyyer extensions into the newly created spa_2022 folder. And when I say manually, don't just drag his files into the root 'assettocorsa' folder or they won't get placed in the right location. Navigate through his .zip file until you get to where all the files are located. The common, layout, ui folders, etc. Drag all of those into the spa_2022 folder.

3.) Download the appropriate updated Pyyer files I provided and drag the contents folder directly into the root 'asettocorsa' folder and overwrite anything it asks.
So there are two Pyyer files to install, his and yours. I did not know that. I believe his zip file comes up as CONTENT when you open it up. But you're saying you have to dig deeper into it to find those individual files you listed? Then install your Pyyer files.

Since I've already got the track installed hopefully now that I know there are two files to install hopefully I can get it fixed.

GTV
I meant the stock version
It can easily be ported over to the stock track if people are interested.

@Jezza819 Yes, you need his original extensions first. I can't provide his entire extension package because it's only available to paid patreon members. I can only provide the handful of files I need to edit to get the mesh names correct so they work with my version of the track. That's why you need to install his stuff first and then overwrite his files with the ones I had to edit.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back