Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,374 comments
Just tried a race with 26 Jide cars at Bikernieki High Speed layout: no issues on my side... all went well (CSP 0.2.5 - track version 0.6)
Hmmm, just tried with strictly Jidé cars and i still have the left lane completely stuck. Must be one of those weird CSP black witching.
Could you send me your AI behavior settings thru the CM share link? Just wanna make sure it's not something stupid in there

Edit, just switch to an older set of cars, it seems to work fine. This is weird.

Edit 2 : after resetting the grid withj another preset, it works... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Thanks. It seems the 3d modeler / converter placed the car far off the "standard center" that it is very difficult to put the car in the center of the screen/plane using those Parameters and Alignment. I even typing the numbers, not using the sliders, to be more precise, when adjusting the "Position" and "Look at"

Last edited:
Hopefully, someone will have the answer to my problem with CM that started recently. Every time I open CM, it always starts reduced in size instead of full screen like it used to before.

Attachments

• CM REDUCED SIZE.jpg
    CM REDUCED SIZE.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm slowly learning Blender for the first time since I lost access to 3DSimED and Simplygon for pit/grid extension and car optimization. Yeah it's daunting as first, but pretty satisfying after a few tutorials. I recently made pit extension for Red Rock Valley by Frank Rway/KuwakuArt both forward and reverse layouts.

Last edited:
also lovin the Viper , but 2 rather big issues for me (using VR) :
1) issue w sunbanner text smearing/ghosting when moving my head (like the windows arrow trail effect if you know what i mean)
2) digital instr texts floating above the panel instead of being part of the panel

@DaWallace please put these 2 on your to fix list , and this will be one of my new favorite mods :)

EDIT : some more things that can be improved (sorry if it was already reported - I'm not into Discord):
DW Marcos Mantis GT3 : wiper still goes through the windshield
Ultima GTR: there's a transparant gap between the side mirrors and their surrounding encasing (or the inside of the sidemirror body is not rendered in cockpit mode, I dunno - maybe a culling mode thing)

EDIT2:
Z4 : wiper going through the sunvisor and glass
Vertigo: brakelights are not visisble when lights on
No issue with the Viper on my side, wipers for the cars you mentioned are indeed going thru windshield and Vertigo all good over here!

Attachments

• Screenshot_dw_gillet_vertigo_rt_suzuka_1-7-124-21-50-14.png
    Screenshot_dw_gillet_vertigo_rt_suzuka_1-7-124-21-50-14.png
    363.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_dw_gillet_vertigo_rt_suzuka_1-7-124-21-50-22.png
    Screenshot_dw_gillet_vertigo_rt_suzuka_1-7-124-21-50-22.png
    355.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_dw_gillet_vertigo_rt_suzuka_1-7-124-21-50-25.png
    Screenshot_dw_gillet_vertigo_rt_suzuka_1-7-124-21-50-25.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 3
hery guys,

i've been trying to make a few vids with the freshly baked Jidé 1600 from @rnoir and i really wish someone could make new ai lines for the Bikernieki High Speed Ring. The oval layout is okay, the others are really cool, but the High speed ring is really something else.

At the moment with CSP 2.5 the AI is stuck at start, leaving only a bunch of 5 cars out of 25 leaving the grid. they would slow down too much on first corner, which i can deal with, but weirdly they would almost stop randomly when they reach the finish line on each lap. It seems like an ai lane or borders not done correctly, if someone could have a look. I'm gonna ask Parilla in case, but here's what the track looks like :

the Oval works fine for some reason, the other layouts suffer from the same issues.

Martinsh seems to have dropped the project, or at least is on something else, there have been no updates since 2018.

Yeah good luck with that, I've even offered to pay him a bit of commish to complete some AI work for me (as he does such a good job), but he just ignores me. Who knows, he may like the look of this project!

Would anyone have any clue why certain tracks like vhe_hockenheim 1.6 would be missing textures like in the picture below?
vhe_hockenheim_1-7-124-23-50-48.jpg

I'm also having issues with vn_goldcoastakv888 missing nearly all kerbs and walls.
vn_goldcoastakv888_1-7-124-23-57-23.jpg

I've tried redownloading and reinstalling them but the same problem has persisted.

EDIT: It looks like it was something to do with a setting called deduplicate textures. Such a headache from a singular tick box. :banghead:

Last edited:
Reinstalled Nuzzi's Pit App 2.9 - and everything seems to be working at first glance.

Unfortunately, while the strange auto-activation seems to have stopped, I can confirm that the radio button to "Enable/Disable track physics" surfaces.ini changer is NOT working - even with "Disabled" track physics, I am still checksum-kicked from my server. So whatever is happening, the app is still not reverting the surfaces.ini to its original state properly. So it's still a no from me for now. Deleting.

But, I'm going to sound the bat signal one more time. Someone here must know a solution to the night lighting problem. Below are two fn_bahrain screenshots at night. Notice how the first one has lighting drawn so far in - you can only see 100-200m in front of you. Notice how you can't see the "DHL" wall boards at all in that picture - this is probably ~300-350 meters from T1. The light pop-in is so distracting - I'd love for the draw distance to be tripled at least.

Interestingly, new Pure/CSP lighting means I can actually now clearly see the huge light towers around the circuit OK - and they are emitting light - just not onto the racetrack where it needs to.

If anyone has any ideas here, I'd appreciate it. I've been searching for a solution to this for ages.

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_mph_bayer_hybrid_v8_fn_bahrain_2-7-124-1-21-0.png
    Screenshot_rss_mph_bayer_hybrid_v8_fn_bahrain_2-7-124-1-21-0.png
    214 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_rss_mph_bayer_hybrid_v8_fn_bahrain_2-7-124-1-23-29.png
    Screenshot_rss_mph_bayer_hybrid_v8_fn_bahrain_2-7-124-1-23-29.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hey buddies, Page 4500 !!!! I got into this forum on page 96.So many beautiful cars
1722585247590.gif

and tracks since that time, so many useful information and so much fun since then!Thanks to everyone who holds this wonderful simulation in life!
1722585181709.gif

1722585323310.gif

PS: A big thank you at this point to the operators of the page!

Last edited:
Would anyone have any clue why certain tracks like vhe_hockenheim 1.6 would be missing textures like in the picture below?
View attachment 1377452

I'm also having issues with vn_goldcoastakv888 missing nearly all kerbs and walls.
View attachment 1377453

I've tried redownloading and reinstalling them but the same problem has persisted.

EDIT: It looks like it was something to do with a setting called deduplicate textures. Such a headache from a singular tick box. :banghead:
SAme issue.
I've set "CSP\General Patch Settings\CPU Optimizations\Chunks optimization" to "Basic". With "Advanced" the issue comes back.

hery guys,

i've been trying to make a few vids with the freshly baked Jidé 1600 from @rnoir and i really wish someone could make new ai lines for the Bikernieki High Speed Ring. The oval layout is okay, the others are really cool, but the High speed ring is really something else.

At the moment with CSP 2.5 the AI is stuck at start, leaving only a bunch of 5 cars out of 25 leaving the grid. they would slow down too much on first corner, which i can deal with, but weirdly they would almost stop randomly when they reach the finish line on each lap. It seems like an ai lane or borders not done correctly, if someone could have a look. I'm gonna ask Parilla in case, but here's what the track looks like :

the Oval works fine for some reason, the other layouts suffer from the same issues.

Martinsh seems to have dropped the project, or at least is on something else, there have been no updates since 2018.

Generally, the AI has some problems in 0.2.4. Even in Kunos track I occasionally saw someone can't get out of the grid because they are doing negative throttle inputs. In some rare instances an AI car just makes 100% throttle all the time

Last edited:
It's release Friday! :)

This time with a refresh of the old Oulton Park 1967 track.

Oulton Park 1967 release

This 3D-track was ported to AC by Gilles75. It was updated by a unknown author. It was overhauled in 2024 by Rainmaker.

Features:
-competitive AI
-working track map
-support for hot lap mode
-replay cameras
-support for time attack mode
-26 pit boxes with working pit lane
-RainFX, GrassFX, water shader
-track description by Fanapryde
-smoothed road mesh
-night lights

Known issues: the layout is too wide

Download here:

bgr03.jpg
bgr00.jpg
bgr01.jpg
bgr04.jpg

Changelog v1.0:
-new and 7.5 sec. faster AI
-fixed pit area
-debug for wrong object keys
-fixed many wrong normals and double sided objects
-fixed a hole in the grass
-added trees from the rF Sixties track pack
-shader adjustments
-smoothed road mesh
-added stuff for time attack mode
-new UI
-added track description by Fanapryde
-purged unused objects and material -> halved the size
-corrected position of time gates, now laps count when entering the pits
-corrected position of hot lap start point
-added loading screens
-made RainFX
-fixed all trees
-removed unnecessary pit cubes
-upscaled textures
-vao patch
-added night lights
etc.

Last edited:
Getting really pee'd with CM when trying to update previews. I keep getting this error... The majority of the time this error comes up with skins that are massive...
Anyone else experience this error?
Yes, to me, very occasionally, especially when I make previews with a large batch of "hd" skins, as you said. The workaround is as easy as turning off/on AC and finish the previews that were pending.

I don't know about those computer programming nerd things, but I guess closing it cleans some buffer, temp folders or something...

Last edited:
No issue with the Viper on my side, wipers for the cars you mentioned are indeed going thru windshield and Vertigo all good over here!
which rendering mode ru using? (I'm using the Oculus Rift rendering mode... )

I hope you are not suggesting I switch to pancake as a workaround... ;)

ps: question to all : I remember there was an option to raise/lower the render height of skid marks, but now can't find it (option search in CM is rather bad imho), anyone can tell me where it is?

Last edited:
TI Circuit Aida - F1 1995 Pacific Grand Prix v1.0

Screenshot_jr_nissan_r34_vspec2_n1_mcr_okayama_1-7-124-8-18-21.jpg

Add-on with billboards and kerbs set up for the F1 1995 Pacific Grand Prix.
Add a new layout.

-CSP required

How to install:
Drag and drop into the folder name: okayama

Credits & Thanks;
Okayama International Circuit 1.0 by Mitja Bonca
-Thank you for giving me permission

F1 1995 Pacific Grand Prix Add-ons by shin956
Real TV 1994 Pacific GP F1 Replay Cameras by @Gregz0r
marshall texture by kunos

Recommend: Visual Updated by @racinjoe013

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Request by Patreon member Connor - Timonike.

Requests are currently not being accepted.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-notice-108110777

View attachment 1377453

Never noticed that so I checked again: all seems to be OK here...

goldcoast.png

Since there are a ton of Spa mods out there, I can't provide an ext_config file or it will overwrite one you might already have. So you will have to do a little leg work yourself to get this installed. First, you will need to have an extension folder in your Spa track directory. If you already do, then that means you already have an ext_config file which makes this easier. If you do, copy and paste the code below to the bottom of your current ext_config file. Then download the attached file and extract it to the root assettocorsa folder.

;;;;; CABLES ;;;;;

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
HIDE=electric
FILE=spa.kn5
INSERT=spa_wires.kn5
INSERT_AFTER=Object799_SUB2

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= fixing fat and jagged power cables
MESHES = wires01, wires02
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1
CAST_SHADOWS= 1
PROP_... = ksAlphaRef, 0.5
PROP_... = extExtraSharpLocalReflections, 0.0

If you don't already have an extension folder, you will have to create one, then copy and paste the code above to a text document and save it as an ext_config.ini file in the extension folder.
Thankyou very much!

We have to follow your updates via discord?
My cars are now in the autoupdater for Content Manager. 😁 👍

also lovin the Viper , but 2 rather big issues for me (using VR) :
1) issue w sunbanner text smearing/ghosting when moving my head (like the windows arrow trail effect if you know what i mean)
2) digital instr texts floating above the panel instead of being part of the panel

@DaWallace please put these 2 on your to fix list , and this will be one of my new favorite mods :)

EDIT : some more things that can be improved (sorry if it was already reported - I'm not into Discord):
DW Marcos Mantis GT3 : wiper still goes through the windshield
Ultima GTR: there's a transparant gap between the side mirrors and their surrounding encasing (or the inside of the sidemirror body is not rendered in cockpit mode, I dunno - maybe a culling mode thing)

EDIT2:
Z4 : wiper going through the sunvisor and glass
Vertigo: brakelights are not visisble when lights on
1) i dont have this issue and i drive in VR too. Must be a setting on your side.

2) yes, saw this too. will fix this for next update

3) will check the wipers

4) didnt see this with the mirrors on the Ultima, need to check

5) brakelights on the Vertigo were fine. but can check this again

Speaking of sounds. I thought the BMW Z4 GT3 would have more of a Corvette throaty sound.

Think i have already found a good sound. Will be replaced in next update.

Last edited:
Awesome! An under-represented car, as are most from the late-Group C era(1990-1992).
Here's hoping for an eventual XJR-14, Peugeot 905, Mercedes C11, Toyota TS010 & a final Porsche 962 variant.
have like 4 different version of the Peugeot 905 and two version of the evo II, a couple of verisons of the TS010 and C11. only one we dont have is the final 962 but there is a 1994 LeMans Daur skin for the 962

My cars are now in the autoupdater for Content Manager. 😁 👍

1) i dont have this issue and i drive in VR too. Must be a setting on your side.

2) yes, saw this too. will fix this for next update

3) will check the wipers

4) didnt see this with the mirrors on the Ultima, need to check

5) brakelights on the Vertigo were fine. but can check this again

Think i have already found a good sound. Will be replaced in next update.
Thank-you for doing this car, its a blast

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my directions. All my mods are setup to drag them into the root 'assettocorsa' directory. The reason I mentioned it goes in the Spa_2022 folder was so people would know which version of the Pyyer files to download.

Originally, I just had one standalone version named Spa_2022 that had it's own track folder. Then some people asked me if I could make a version that installs into the Kunos Spa folder so I did. Unfortunately that means now I have to do every update twice and things can get a little confusing. The files needed to make the Pyyer extensions work are not the same for both versions so I needed to make two versions of those files as well. I was just trying to make people aware of which version went with what. I should consider dropping the Spa folder version so things are not as confusing moving forward.

To clear things up for you, here's the exact directions you need to follow:

1.) Install the Spa_2022 track by dragging the content folder into the root 'assettocorsa' folder.

2.) Manually install the Pyyer extensions into the newly created spa_2022 folder. And when I say manually, don't just drag his files into the root 'assettocorsa' folder or they won't get placed in the right location. Navigate through his .zip file until you get to where all the files are located. The common, layout, ui folders, etc. Drag all of those into the spa_2022 folder.

3.) Download the appropriate updated Pyyer files I provided and drag the content folder directly into the root 'asettocorsa' folder and overwrite anything it asks.
Getting closer. I got this.

Screenshot 2024-08-02 143044.png

And I thought everything was ok. But when I tried to just start practice I got this.

Screenshot 2024-08-02 143121.png

Screenshot 2024-08-02 143204.png

So where am I still going wrong?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back