Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,421 comments
I've been at work fixing serious issues with the 90s NASCAR mod and right now I'm having to make serious adjustments to the Ford Thunderbird. It required scaling down from an inaccurate 2.925m wheelbase to a much more accurate 2.87 and a handful of model edits. Unfortunately, I'm not very experienced with modding for Assetto Corsa and as such I'm having issues with some of it's concepts.
View attachment 1379191View attachment 1379190
My current problem lies is that the model and empties are all off from the collision model at the orgin, but when I try to select them it doesn't allow me to move anything that isn't a mesh, like WHEEL_LF, WHEEL_RF etc. When these objects are selected I cannot leave Object mode and thus any movement doesn't translate.
Secondly as can be seen in the render in CM Showroom, this is what the product looks like, on top of it being sunken and offset, the glass is completely opaque, can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?
View attachment 1379196
Most of this is edited in the data folder files. Its easier to set the collision model with the AC files. Edit the position in the collision.ini file.

As for the wheel positions, you need to edit the suspension.ini file, adjust the body height with the BASEY numbers and then move the wheel positions with the WHEEL and SUSP figures near the bottom of that file.

As for the glass, it needs to be set as AlphaBlend in kseditor, you can do it in CM showroom as well to see if it works first / get the settings you want, but better to set it in kseditor in the long term.

Most of this is edited in the data folder files. Its easier to set the collision model with the AC files. Edit the position in the collision.ini file.

As for the wheel positions, you need to edit the suspension.ini file, adjust the body height with the BASEY numbers and then move the wheel positions with the WHEEL and SUSP figures near the bottom of that file.

As for the glass, it needs to be set as AlphaBlend in kseditor, you can do it in CM showroom as well to see if it works first / get the settings you want, but better to set it in kseditor in the long term.
Thanks for the info, I actually had some errant keyframes for some odd reason that kept hijacking the position of the car. As for the glass, turns out there was actually 3 different "glass" materials used in the model and the one I couldn't find happened to be the culprit.
After fixing all of that I obtained a much better result but the scale of the actual vehicle is still off unfortunately.
Not aligned using data:
__custom_showroom_1723100948.png

Aligned Using Data:
__custom_showroom_1723100964.png

Oh well, looks like that's a problem for tomorrow...

Thanks to @Perico Lospa for pointing out a rather big oversight on my part for the 2013 and F1 2020 and 2021 layouts on my recent standalone spa_2022 mod update...
You're welcome! It's the little I can do to help improve something. (Apart from letting out some buffoonery in the forum from time to time... 😗)
... On another note, anyone have a good cooler they could suggest to keep a Ryzen 5600 cool and comfortable...
Ryzen 5600X and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Cool-Badass-Matte-Elegant Black Edition here.

Now, in summer and with room temperatures about 28°C - 30°C (82°F- 86°F) the CPU works in the ballpark of 70°C - 80°C (158°F - 176°C) at full load, in a fairly compact case (Mars Gaming MCZ).

But the Thermalright Peerless Assasin that RicME85 shows, aside a rad name, looks really great too... 🤔

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I actually had some errant keyframes for some odd reason that kept hijacking the position of the car. As for the glass, turns out there was actually 3 different "glass" materials used in the model and the one I couldn't find happened to be the culprit.
After fixing all of that I obtained a much better result but the scale of the actual vehicle is still off unfortunately.
Not aligned using data:View attachment 1379214
Aligned Using Data:
View attachment 1379215

That's just adjusting the wheelbase and COG positions and it'll sort the wheels out.

And yes keyframes would have messed you around a lot in Blender. Always important to make sure you have that set right.

Does someone have fixed gear ratios for the F1 2006 mod from The Race Project, as it seems like some of them are f'ed up...
its a paid mod, so message on the patreon page. most of the mods are just retuxtured simdream mods. have you tried changing the gear ratios in the car settings?

__custom_showroom_1723115285.jpg

Released : Audi R10TDI´06
Author:F302
3D Model Car ,3D Model: Polyphony Digital
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: Polyphony Digital Orginal ,F302
3d work: F302
Physics: RMS
Lod´s: ACTK
Tweaks ACTK
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

Be careful using BaseY to adjust height, unless it is at an unrealistic height for the suspension geometry of the car. If it is just a graphics issue it is much better to use the adjustments in car.ini to adjust height, position, and pitch. Only use BaseY if the CoG is inaccurate with respect to the suspension geometry (the suspension tool in CM showroom or standalone KnSusEditor are both helpful with visualizing this).
Not aligned using data:View attachment 1379214
Aligned Using Data:
View attachment 1379215

That unfortunately is going to need some modeling fixes. The wheel positions are based off of the physics, and if the car body doesn’t fit the wheelbase then the car body is too long. Hopefully the entire model is too big and can just be scaled down X% but that’s the only way I know how to fix that but I’m not very knowledgeable in that department.

View attachment 1379276
Released : Audi R10TDI´06
Author:F302
3D Model Car ,3D Model: Polyphony Digital
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: Polyphony Digital Orginal ,F302
3d work: F302
Physics: RMS
Lod´s: ACTK
Tweaks ACTK
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager
Good mod! But a simple question. Why is the body split into 2 parts? and why is all the sponsor decals their own object on the car? Would it not be better to merge the entire car model into 1 part??? I'm so confused. I shall leave this UV mapping as a final question
image_2024-08-08_162240029.png

Please dont see this as an direct attack or anything, I'm just trying to figure out if this is better than the common route i have seen from other creators.

Last edited:
Good mod! But a simple question. Why is the body split into 2 parts? and why is all the sponsor decals their own object on the car? Would it not be better to merge the entire car model into 1 part??? I'm so confused. I shall leave this UV mapping as a final question
View attachment 1379304

Please dont see this as an direct attack or anything, I'm just trying to figure out if this is better than the common route i have seen from other creators.
That's because the original car was like that, I just split something so that you could also make the number 7
the original uv map was empty

Last edited:
Be careful using BaseY to adjust height, unless it is at an unrealistic height for the suspension geometry of the car. If it is just a graphics issue it is much better to use the adjustments in car.ini to adjust height, position, and pitch. Only use BaseY if the CoG is inaccurate with respect to the suspension geometry (the suspension tool in CM showroom or standalone KnSusEditor are both helpful with visualizing this).

That unfortunately is going to need some modeling fixes. The wheel positions are based off of the physics, and if the car body doesn’t fit the wheelbase then the car body is too long. Hopefully the entire model is too big and can just be scaled down X% but that’s the only way I know how to fix that but I’m not very knowledgeable in that department.
Yeah I just need to scale it down from 2.925 to 2.87 wheel base relative to it's size, the car side by side with the others in the pack is larger for some reason.
On a related note the Grand Prix is scaled to a 2.75 wheel base so yeah, fun times await me in blender.

Alright so it of course changes wildly depending on anyone’s particular screen/setup but for me (in VR on an HP Reverb G2) but both of the filters are rather whitewashed to me, but I also don’t use reshade because it was not available in VR when I set up my system (and still may not be).

One thing I can comment on is they are both pretty resource heavy, especially TB2. I ran three sessions doing the exact same thing just changing filter (warm up lap followed by hot lap followed by a few donuts at the Andretti hairpin to get some graphic intensive tire smoke) and TB2 had the lowest average frame rates, with TB3 about 4% better, both using skydomes. I then tried the same with my normal setup (“Natural Mod” albeit with 3D clouds, which should’ve handicapped it further) and I averaged 5% better FPS than TB3.

This again is solely based on my system, which is very much resource limited because of VR, LCD screens in my headset (which will look very different from, say, OLED screens) and my admittedly aging machine. Keep it up though and thanks for sharing!

Edit: sorry for taking so long to respond, spent most of the weekend at the emergency vet for my pup so I didn’t have a chance to try until late last night.
Yeah i had the issue for the gamma being too high as well. They're actually not really good in terms of overall looks, they work either great in niche tracks and very poorly on the average. Going back and forth with Natural Mod i could spot the issues.

It's related to my settings. Best way to adjust it is to right-click on the ppfilter ingame, edit, tonemapping and adjust gamma to a better feeling : since i'm doing youtube vids i need high gamma for details, which usually brings me around 1.2 to 1.3, but for a more realistic look i would go between 1.05 and 1.15.

As for the perf hit, i never really realised it was so intense, but you made me have a closer look and i got rid of most of the useless stuff. It's still heavier than Nat Mod.

thanks for the feedback anyway, that was exactly what i needed👍

Here are the final sets i'm using for my vids now, just letting them here in case someone wants to try the whole bunch (the reshade presets are included as well):

Edit 23:34 : added color grading LUTs missing for Sad reality cam ppfilter

Last edited:
View attachment 1379304

GT and FM models all have the decals as a separate objects, nothing much you can do about it - just gotta hide them when you start making skins...

Anyone able to help? I seem to be having a brain fart or something...I can't remember how to hide these damn numberplates. I can "alt+h" to hide them in showroom but I've not been able to hide them in game. Thanks in advance!
View attachment 1379417
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = some_mesh
; MATERIALS = some_material ; all objects using same mat would be affected
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

just an example
Unfortunately, for this mod I could only use car mods that don't have Extended Physics
Since I drive against AI and in rain
When it rains, the AI with extended physics has a total chaos(no fun)
so i hope in future more modmakers think of offline-players and do two versions of their mods (with and without Extended physics)
or dont encrypt their mods
VRC do this with their mods(FerrenzoP49 and Pageau 9T8)
they release two versions (for CSP or not CSP)
If the driving-physics are real or not I don't care.
When i want ultra and over ultra real driving-physics i drive ACC or other games.
I only want to have fun putting someting together and give life to other peoples work(skinners, track-texturemakers and so on)
When you want to do a project like this,
where you want to have the whole racing series of cars
it is a nightmare to put everything together when more and more mods are encrypted
I understand the modmakers, yes encrypt your 3D models but when possible dont encypt the Data-Files or give other alternatives.
I enjoy the freedom of Assetto corsa to putting, setting and regulating what I need for such projects.
encryped things kill this freedom
thanks for listening
enjoy my videos
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-video-thread.290887/post-14311112

Presentation T88.png

EDIT - apologies, error in the driver model, the link has been updated.

Released - Lola T88/00

The first of our 1988 Indycars is now available on our Patreon page for free. Link below

A big thank you to the ISO team of David Sabre, Jason White, Richard Wilks, Richard Coxon and Alberto Ibanez for their permission to convert this mod to AC. ISO still runs a very active series of leagues which is worth checking out -https://intlsimracingforum.boards.net/

Car Link:

Screenshot_bd_lola_t88_judd_ks_laguna_seca_8-7-124-21-27-41.jpg

Screenshot_bd_lola_t88_judd_long_beach1998_8-7-124-21-30-34.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back