Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,518 comments
Please don't hit me, it's just a feeling that i hided for too long! I am super happy about all the content created. If you ear my old voice mumbling in the dark and just edit those, i would be your sex slave. Or something similar. Ok, i'll buy you a mcdonalds. With milkshake and all.
No you are absolutely right. Especially in VR mode, where 3D is so important, most tarmac is a flat looking piece of gray sheet. That’s why I did write down a couple of times that modders should be more open for others that are better on some aspect and take a closer look on how they manage that. Or why not ask them.
Its btw not only the tarmac but also the view for distant objects (mountains far away), not working starting grid lights, shimmer and jagging objects etc.

Last edited:

So this thing is out but is abysmal...GT500 making GT3 laptimes. Hopefully someone will overhaul the physics and make some skins
The lo-fi GTR2 cockpit is enough of a reason to demand a refund.

in the future

you guys are too much... it is not 2018 anymore, simdream make some good mods, you must either be playing a stolen mod and making up garbage, or havent played the mod at all. the mod is as good as many paid mods, and better that nearly every patreon paid mod. simdream in 2024 is not the beaten on modteam as it was 5-6 years ago, they are releasing quality content.

Last edited:
you guys are too much... it is not 2018 anymore, simdream make some good mods, you must either be playing a stolen mod and making up garbage, or havent played the mod at all. the mod is as good as many paid mods, and better that nearly every patreon paid mod. simdream in 2024 is not the beaten on modteam as it was 5-6 years ago, they are releasing quaity content.
🫣

1724508427257.png

you guys are too much... it is not 2018 anymore, simdream make some good mods, you must either be playing a stolen mod and making up garbage, or havent played the mod at all. the mod is as good as many paid mods, and better that nearly every patreon paid mod. simdream in 2024 is not the beaten on modteam as it was 5-6 years ago, they are releasing quality content.
Have you been in the cockpit (you know... where you should be driving the car from) and had a look around?
There are Race '07 ports from 2016 converted by untrained monkeys with better textures and shaders.
And these are FREE.

Last edited:
Saying that Simdream makes good content is hilarious. Just compare the 3D model to the real car and you'll realize just how terrible their stuff is. The interior isn't even correct. The material is outdated, textures looks like they were taken from Need For Speed porsche

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble downloading files "again", here on GTP? I'm trying to dl updated versions (like LuisB's Rouen) and it's telling me I can't do it again, even though I only have a previous version. Several others are doing this too.

Last edited:
you guys are too much... it is not 2018 anymore, simdream make some good mods, you must either be playing a stolen mod and making up garbage, or havent played the mod at all. the mod is as good as many paid mods,
I'm curious about which paid mods you are using as a reference for simdream.
and better that nearly every patreon paid mod.
There is a large database of patreon creators, which I mostly avoid. It's not a strong argument for simdream.
simdream in 2024 is not the beaten on modteam as it was 5-6 years ago, they are releasing quality content.
That is a very low standard. If I commit the time, I could be better than simdream 5-6 years ago. And I will still be crap. :lol:

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble downloading files "again", here on GTP? I'm trying to dl updated versions (like LuisB's Rouen) and it's telling me I can't do it again, even though I only have a previous version. Several others are doing this too.
Working fine ovah heya.

Lexus IS F CCS-R 2011 Public Release!!
Download:https://sharemods.com/h0iang2koaob/lexus_isf_ccs_r_2011_101CREATIVE.zip.html
Converted From GT6
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics
-CSP Settings
-Driver Animation
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1383506View attachment 1383507View attachment 1383508View attachment 1383509View attachment 1383510View attachment 1383511View attachment 1383512View attachment 1383513View attachment 1383514View attachment 1383515

I hope I did well... 🤨

(DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk; I take no responsibility for meltdowned computers, broken operating systems, and/or simracers desperate after installing files made by a newbie...)
here my revamp skins pack, deleting also some unnesc. files in the skins folders, so best is to remove the skins folder altogether and then copying over the content of this archive into the car's directory.
what was done?
  • colors changes, so that the wheels do not all have the same color as the car body
  • added generic numbers (but then changed with the ones provides by @Perico Lospa as they are nicer )
  • other livery icons (w numbers)
  • includes an alternate version of the v1.0 extension to make the rims more glossy
and removed some bogus entries (orginal is included in the file as a backup)

preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg
1724516785303.png

preview.jpg

(this with the glossy rim in extension)

preview.jpg

(for comparison , without the rim improvement - just use again the old extension file which is included if you like this better)

DOWNLOAD

@petercrill please combine the improvements that you like into your next version, so that we all have the same, with packed data (that contains the improvements by Masscot as well please, improved steer anim , digital instr etc.)
That way if this car is used on a server , anyone with the car can join in (with different data.acd that will not be possible to join the server I believe).
Thanks!!

EDIT : when I use digital instr file from Masscot, I do not see any digital instruments anymore... ???
EDIT2 : here's a digital instruments file that solves the floating GEAR (only in VR) , and the laptime digits being a bit weird...

Last edited:
Automotodrom Brno v2.5.1 update:

View attachment 1381563

v2.5.1 changelog:
  • Corrupt AI fixed.
  • Totally reworked physical road mesh, now perfectly synchronised with the visual road mesh.
  • Missing sponsor banners added back (erroneously hidden by config in v2.0).
  • Additional new Czechia/Brno sponsor brand artwork added, and previous sponsors from v2.0 have been reworked. Previous skins have been removed due to model updates.
  • New pitlane technicians added.
  • Start line clock & session information displays updated.
  • Various texture/shader/config/model tweaks and improvements.
  • Various instances of z-fighting, clipping and flickering resolved.
  • Sections updated, new preview added.
  • ClimaxF1 lighting config added with permission.

Please do not rehost the full track as part of any skin creation. Please keep this existing link so that incremental updates might be added at later dates.
Alternative AI for Brno v2.5.1:

Notes:
-Back up the track before making changes, and make sure only fastlane.ai and pitlane.ai are the only files in your ai folder (get rid of all the others stuff).
-I also added a fictional DRS zone on the front straight.
-This will not work on previous versions of the track

I'm trying to do a proper neckfx for that half cooked Toyota 415s from HSS. Did some tweaks in the setup to make the car actually enjoyable to drive, and tweaked Neckfx to hell to finally get that head bobbling. I'm super happy with how better the mod is to drive with those edits :

Vid loading

BUT... the sound is astonishly, outrageously, abysmally bad. At the moment i switched sound for a 2016 Mercedes C63 dtm, but i believe i'm gonna piss off a lot of petrolheads doing so😂. Anyone thinking of a proper athmospheric V8 sound, any car, any mod?

Alternative AI for Brno v2.5.1:

Notes:
-Back up the track before making changes, and make sure only fastlane.ai and pitlane.ai are the only files in your ai folder (get rid of all the others stuff).
-I also added a fictional DRS zone on the front straight.
-This will not work on previous versions of the track
Thanks man. This has immediately transformed the way opponents will now door-to-door you. Some of the most sane racing I've enjoyed on AC. Bunch of 1990s DTM cars, btw.

The start however is "All together now, TURN RIGHT!" :boggled:
I do have "Straighten AI's trajectory when starting" turned on, this is new behaviour (since updating). AI at 90/60.

Anything you would suggest I could try?

EDIT: Cranking the AI strength up 5% to 95, seems to have sorted the shenanigans. :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm curious about which paid mods you are using as a reference for simdream.

There is a large database of patreon creators, which I mostly avoid. It's not a strong argument for simdream.

That is a very low standard. If I commit the time, I could be better than simdream 5-6 years ago. And I will still be crap. :lol:

Just being curious about Simdream are you judging the old car mods, illegal downloaded new mods, or still buying them from the Simdream store. Because the confusion is maybe the difference in new and old car mods. It could be Simdream has improved anno 2024.
I do have btw some 2020 mods and my opinion: only suitable as grid fillers, waste of €,€€ Sorry I was a newbee then. :banghead:

@jac0 please check my config again and confirm, in case there is a genuine issue. I can see no problem.
I installed the car anew from original source, and then unpacked data (so far digital instr texts were still the same , visible but some floating in mid air) , then I renamed the data.acd file and put your digital instr file overwriting the original...
Then no more digital instruments visible...

So yeah , I think yours is not correct (and don't know why others don't see this).

Also in the file itself , I see where the issue might come from :

for example in the first section :
[ITEM_0]
PARENT=DASH_4 <----- here your file has "PARENT=SPEED" instead... so that can't work I believe
POSITION=-0.006,-0.0085,-0.001
TYPE=SPEED
SIZE=0.017
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2
FONT=digital_mid
VERSION=2
ALIGN=RIGHT
UNITS=KMH

EDIT : oops , now I see the error (on my part) , I took your files for Dawallace's Viper and placed them onto the Lexus ... :banghead:
sorry , my bad!

Last edited:
Thanks man. This has immediately transformed the way opponents will now door-to-door you. Some of the most sane racing I've enjoyed on AC. Bunch of 1990s DTM cars, btw.

The start however is "All together now, TURN RIGHT!" :boggled:
I do have "Straighten AI's trajectory when starting" turned on, this is new behaviour (since updating). AI at 90/60.

Anything you would suggest I could try?

EDIT: Cranking the AI strength up 5% to 95, seems to have sorted the shenanigans. :cheers:
You can also try to deactivate "Use simpler AI spline for low-level AIs (below 90%)" under "New AI behaviour" in CSP.

I installed the car anew from original source, and then unpacked data (so far digital instr texts were still the same , visible but some floating in mid air) , then I renamed the data.acd file and put your digital instr file overwriting the original...
Then no more digital instruments visible...

So yeah , I think yours is not correct (and don't know why others don't see this).

Also in the file itself , I see where the issue might come from :

for example in the first section :
[ITEM_0]
PARENT=DASH_4 <----- here your file has "PARENT=SPEED" instead... so that can't work I believe
POSITION=-0.006,-0.0085,-0.001
TYPE=SPEED
SIZE=0.017
COLOR=255,255,255,255
INTENSITY=2
FONT=digital_mid
VERSION=2
ALIGN=RIGHT
UNITS=KMH

EDIT : oops , now I see the error (on my part) , I took your files for Dawallace's Viper and placed them onto the Lexus ... :banghead:
sorry , my bad!
No worries, thanks for confirming. Glad it's not a CSP issue or whatnot.

... Anyone else having issues with the digital_instruments.ini that I posted?...
With your file I can see the data, but seen from the first-person driving position (CSP 0.1.79 and 3 screens here), the stopwatch numbers overlap a little with the dots that separate minutes, seconds and thousandths. With the @jac0 file they seem to be on the same plane, as seen in this screenshot...

Screenshot_lexus_isf_ccsr11_ks_barcelona_24-7-124-22-39-32.jpg

Last edited:
With your file I can see the data, but seen from the first-person driving position (CSP 0.1.79 and 3 screens here), the stopwatch numbers overlap a little with the dots that separate minutes, seconds and thousandths. With the @jac0 file they seem to be on the same plane, as seen in this screenshot...

View attachment 1383747
yes, I also changed the font of the laptime to fix that little issue...

View attachment 1383747
Good spot, the laptime font and size needed tweaking as per @jac0 's config.
My digits sit flatter to the screen by a couple of millimetres so if you want to update, sub this one in (or stick with the @jac0 version if not bothered):
(edit: @jac0, only just saw your post above, I think it appeared while I was testing and posting this. Thanks.)

Attachments

• digital_instruments.zip
    1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I just wanted to say I‘m new to AC, maybe 6 months now. But this community ist just so lovely. You create content for this game so nearly everyone can drive at least one of their favorite cars. I startet modding now for my self the last weeks after nearly 20 years since my last mod (need for speed hot pursuit) the quality standards rised to a level that’s fascinating.

Thank you all 👍🏻

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back