Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,617 comments
I want to thanks alexlockout, Alguecool, GT3Masters97 for their advices about Lods and brake disc
You're welcome 😎

After updating (clean install) the 2012, 2011 and 2010 mods I noticed that all the tires in the game look like this (see screens below). Yesterday I updated the csp to the latest version and the same goes for pure (I switched from Gamma to LCS). Any idea what might have gone wrong? :confused:

1725271538528.png
1725271593026.png

I have used this in the ext_config.ini:

; commented out to get rid of milky windows
; [Material_Glass]
; Materials=GSI_WINDOW_EXT
; FilmIOR=2.0
; ThicknessMult=1.1
; BrightnessAdjustment=0.75
; ExtraLightsAdjustment=0.35

I think it's pretty much universal for Tommy's cars.
Thanks - tried this on the Golf (after changing the material name to suit) and it didn't seem to make much difference, but reducing the ThicknessMult did (I use this to lighten dark window tints that some modders inconceivably think look nice when they're jacked up on blue drinks and chicken nuggets). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Code:
;milky external windows fix for Tommy cars
[Material_Glass]
Materials=GTI_WINDOW_EXT ;**CHANGE MATERIAL NAME TO SUIT CAR**
FilmIOR=2.0
ThicknessMult=0.3 ;1.1 original
BrightnessAdjustment=0.75
ExtraLightsAdjustment=0.35

With a Mac keyboard, and a Microsoft-branded mouse. How very cosmopolitan of you :)

You're welcome 😎

After updating (clean install) the 2012, 2011 and 2010 mods I noticed that all the tires in the game look like this (see screens below). Yesterday I updated the csp to the latest version and the same goes for pure (I switched from Gamma to LCS). Any idea what might have gone wrong? :confused:

View attachment 1385938View attachment 1385939
that's actually weird, I would say at first that it cannot find the textures for the tyres but then the side should look chrome.

Can you check if the cim_2012_tyres.zip and others are correctly in assettocorsa/extension/textures/cars?

Can you try to disable any post process filters?

that's actually weird, I would say at first that it cannot find the textures for the tyres but then the side should look chrome.

Can you check if the cim_2012_tyres.zip and others are correctly in assettocorsa/extension/textures/cars?

Can you try to disable any post process filters?
I reinstalled everything manually and it works, it's very likely that something went wrong during the installation via csp. Thank you :cheers:

Speaking of the Tommy mods (DTM '89 and '91 in particular), I always found the external sounds not matching (out of sinc?). Is that just me or do others have encountered this as well? Is there a fix available for this perhaps?
I'm working on "fixing" all the Tommy-cars. Some of them are way too loud either externally or internally, maybe I'll try to fix it. Can be done with ext_config, if I remember correctly.
Thanks - tried this on the Golf (after changing the material name to suit) and it didn't seem to make much difference, but reducing the ThicknessMult did (I use this to lighten dark window tints that some modders inconceivably think look nice when they're jacked up on blue drinks and chicken nuggets). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Code:
;milky external windows fix for Tommy cars
[Material_Glass]
Materials=GTI_WINDOW_EXT ;**CHANGE MATERIAL NAME TO SUIT CAR**
FilmIOR=2.0
ThicknessMult=0.3 ;1.1 original
BrightnessAdjustment=0.75
ExtraLightsAdjustment=0.35
Yes! Nice. I will do your fixes and include in my planned fixing-pack, if that's ok?

Hey all,
I’m looking for a bit of advice from the modding community, and I hope someone can help me out.
In anticipation of AC Evo – which recommends: 100 GB of available storage space (SSD required) . . .
My current PC has 2 Drives:
1.81 TB HDD – with 950 GB available. (My games are stored here)
232 GB SSD – with only 50 GB free space. This is where my OS is stored.

Do you recommend that I replace my SSD with a larger capacity?
Or . . . Would I be fine simply purchasing a WD_BLACK 2TB Portable External SSD?
and moving my games over to that? It says it comes with a “SuperSpeed interface up to 5Gbps”.

Thanks in advance, and any assistance would be appreciated.
I ended up getting a 4TB SSD internal WD-Black to fit my AC on and a couple of other games.

It's always nice when someone grasps your knob properly.

@fleskebacon, I'm looking forward to seeing some refinements to the Tommy78 mods. I really enjoy them and play with them a lot, but they can be a little... odd in spots.

It may be outside the scope of what you're doing, but I'd really like to see a rear wing added to the Supra. I'm not sure why it doesn't have one, since every picture I've looked up online shows it has the same spoiler the road car has. I notice that you've released mods adding the Audi and MB emblems to the appropriate cars, which is really appreciated - the Audi especially looks so weird without it.

On the same topic, does anybody have any suggestions for restrictor settings for the 89 and 91 Mustangs?

Last edited:
the Cimmerian Iter F1 mods released today on this site are absolutely amazing! so much better quality than a lot of **** i have paid for with patreon subscriptions. 4 seasons of f1 for free... its insane the effort this guy put in.
Screenshot_cim_2010_renault_spa_2-8-124-21-25-58.jpg

ps. the tommy paid cars are not very good for a paid product... you can get them for free today over at assettoworld.com

The only cars outside the well-known studios I've ever bought are ASR's.

And I ain't disappointed.
RSS, VRC & ASR are my consistent goto modders for paid stuff. Others are much more of a blind lucky(or unlucky?) dip, depending on how much I want a particular car if no-one else had made it.

I've been pleasantly surprised on occasion, but I'm much more prepared for disappointment with those, going in.

Since I'm really into historic racing and like to pad out my grids with correct liveries I started making skins that don't seem to be available. Ended up making a bunch of Owens Corning corvette skins. including:
#1 Car Sebring 12 Hours 1970 Class winner
#7 Car Daytona 24h class winner 1970
#11 Car Daytona 24h class winner 1971
#14 Car Watkins Glen 6 Hours class winner 1969
#12 Car Most Winning Corvette of all time

Fits acl corvette

Had difficulties in some areas, and some cars are hard to get reference photos so I made due.
Pack is here on racedepartment/overtake

__custom_showroom_1725247465.jpg
Collage.jpg

Last edited:
Has there been an update to the physics through CSP? Not using extended physics but kerbs seems easier to handle for the tyres. I haven't driven in about ~14-15 months but I'm destroying some of my old lap times...

Last edited:
@fleskebacon

are you or anyone else able to get the tyres to blur on this Golf? i'm just trying to sort the tyre side walls out so they are true to real life. After messing around with code to brigthen them up and putting a skin on them they are all good now but i cannot get them to blur even though there is everything there for them to blur. I'm kind of stumped on this and must be doing something wrong.........

Last edited:
ps. the tommy paid cars are not very good for a paid product... you can get them for free today over at assettoworld.com
They are not very refined, and technically far from worth their asking price. Many of them feel very half baked, and the GSi/GTE for example, is pretty much undrivable in original form.

The main reasons for buying them are that the models are actually scratch made and pretty good, and nobody else makes the cars he does. Which is very annoying for people like me, who are heavily into 80's touring cars.. There aren't really any options, other than some poorly ripped free mods circulating.

Compared to cars like VRC's supertourers, there isn't even any point in comparing, they eclipse Tommy's cars around the moon and back. At about the same price.

So yeah, I kind of agree, they aren't really good enough to pay what he asks, but in lack of other options I support Tommy's work anyway.

I'm changing the tyres for a lot of his cars, and that alone kicks new life into many of them. They're equipped with tyres like 245/15-R19.5, which is pretty much like driving with wooden wheels. More appropriately sized rims and a bit more tyre flex obviously does them good.

They are not very refined, and technically far from worth their asking price. Many of them feel very half baked, and the GSi/GTE for example, is pretty much undrivable in original form.

The main reasons for buying them are that the models are actually scratch made and pretty good, and nobody else makes the cars he does. Which is very annoying for people like me, who are heavily into 80's touring cars.. There aren't really any options, other than some poorly ripped free mods circulating.

Compared to cars like VRC's supertourers, there isn't even any point in comparing, they eclipse Tommy's cars around the moon and back. At about the same price.

So yeah, I kind of agree, they aren't really good enough to pay what he asks, but in lack of other options I support Tommy's work anyway.

I'm changing the tyres for a lot of his cars, and that alone kicks new life into many of them. They're equipped with tyres like 245/15-R19.5, which is pretty much like driving with wooden wheels. More appropriately sized rims and a bit more tyre flex obviously does them good.
I quite like his mods, bought most of them as they have come out and most part have not regretted these and I like the direction he is goeing with the 80s Tourers.

The recent Starion, I felt the quality of the model and textures were a little under the usual quality to his other cars but still a decent enough standard.

The sounds for most of the cars are pretty poor though, always a strange mixing issue going on where they swamp all other sounds from the game. It's usually first thing I do is get them swapped out for something else in CM.

Last edited:
I quite like his mods, bought most of them as they have come out and most part have not regretted these and I like the direction he is goeing with the 80s Tourers.

The recent Starion, I felt the quality of the model and textures were a little under the usual quality to his other cars but still a decent enough standard.

The sounds for most of the cars are pretty poor though, always a strange mixing issue going on where they swamp all other sounds from the game. It's usually first thing I do is get them swapped out for something else in CM.
I have also had a lot of fun with them, and comparing them to certain other paymods isn't really fair.

Agree on the sounds, but the Sierra and the Mustang sounds good, iirc.

Small update for Tommy's BTCC Astra and golf
  • adjusted 1 sticker that was a bit wonky on the red golf demon tweeks skin
  • added correct tyre textures to both skins (i cannot get them to blur though)
  • added an ext_config to the skin folder to brighten up the tyres
  • added extra code to the blue and white skin to hide the headlight covers so it is true to real life

pic just so you can see the change on the tyres

Screenshot (655).png

RSS, VRC & ASR are my consistent goto modders for paid stuff. Others are much more of a blind lucky(or unlucky?) dip, depending on how much I want a particular car if no-one else had made it.

I've been pleasantly surprised on occasion, but I'm much more prepared for disappointment with those, going in.
pssss, if running VR, try the URD car mods, you won’t be disappointed. 😎

Last edited:
It's probably a light setting for the chopper in the track's ext_config file. Look for some kind of entry related to the chopper (helicopter) lights and disable or delete it.
didnt found anything spefic there to fix it, can i send my ext_config and someone have a look on it

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back