Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,632 comments
i need some help guys, i just installed the latest pure update and ingame its darker then before but if i wanna make a screenshot to show u the picture is in the usual brightness. what is wrong/happening?

Morris Vulcan BTCC Goof

livery taken from a mk1 btcc gooof and repurposed for the mk2

just for fun

last skin for this car it has more than enough now (it kind of already did without my skins tbh)

i only done this skin because i wanted to write Morris Vulcan on a livery.......

drag and drop to cm to install

Screenshot (657).png
th.png

Last edited:
i need some help guys, i just installed the latest pure update and ingame its darker then before but if i wanna make a screenshot to show u the picture is in the usual brightness. what is wrong/happening?
If you are using a custom ppfilter from a 3rd party, I have found a lot of them that haven't been updated yet will render things a lot darker. I know my own personal ppfilter got really dark. A quick and easy way to fix it is to open the Pure Config app and look on the Scene tab (I think that's the right one). Play around with the first two sliders and see if you can get a brightness level you prefer. Just make sure to hit the save button or you wll need to adjust those sliders every time you launch a session.

Last edited:
Seems you use an outdated filter which is not compatible with auto-exposure. Use the standard pure filter which comes with latest pure and reset everything to default. Then it should be fine (stock pure pp filter is the best one around for LCS and pure 2.0 atm).

Race: at the start some cars are automatically put into the pits and never come out again... what's the problem? Track: "Fuji 1986-1993 v1.2"
Thanks

Last edited:
Rising Waking Up GIF by filmeditor

So yeah long time no seee

I present you : THE GREAT UPDATE

2010 2011 2012 have been updated at the same time to reach decent quality and 2013 beta was released

You will find many fixes, shader being updated, tyre being changed to a better model.

Lot of works done on the helmets to make them better, especially the top visor part that is specific to each helmet instead of always using the schubert one

View attachment 1385861

New tyres

View attachment 1385862
View attachment 1385863

2010 Mclaren is now good, I fixed the AO so that it isn't pixelated anymore and improved the chrome

View attachment 1385864

F1 2020 helmet converted to use for some skins

View attachment 1385865

And braking disc are now glowing !

View attachment 1385866

This modding process was brought to you by a Steam Deck ! Running on Linux
IMG_2391.jpg

I want to thanks alexlockout, Alguecool, GT3Masters97 for their advices about Lods and brake disc

bensrac32 for his help with uv maping​

Samu - Capi64 SR and Ignacy and Deploy for their help with modifying textures

Thanks a lot, love your work on these cars! 😍

A few questions if I may.

- In the 2010 pack some cars show as 3.0 and some others as 4.0? Is it just because not all of them have been updated yet and so that's simply a reflection of where the mod is currently?

- For both the 2010 and 2013 pack I noticed that some cars seem to have a different view set for the camera above the cockpit (my favorite one when driving F1 cars). I love being able to see the driver helmet moving, the dash, the wheels and the front of the car and while on some cars the view is perfect and on some others the view is very much zoomed in forward.

Quick question

I have a problem starting a race at the Daytona 1970 track, by Rainmaker. When I try to do a full stacked event (against 39 AI cars), all vehicles start from the pits. Why the cars don't start from the normal starting grid positions?

Does anyone have a problem similar to mine?

Screenshot 2024-09-02 205044.png

What does this "Force Feedback" setting do? Is it supposed to allow you to control the amount of FFB felt through the wheel for each individual car? Because I played around a little with it and really couldn't tell any difference. Before it was 70, the default was 90. I didn't feel any difference at 70 then I moved it down to 40 and still didn't feel any difference. Adjusting it on my wheel is the only way I felt any change.

- In the 2010 pack some cars show as 3.0 and some others as 4.0? Is it just because not all of them have been updated yet and so that's simply a reflection of where the mod is currently?
Judging from the filedates I think he just forgot to change the version numbers. Which by the way is common for modders but very annoing for us end users.

- For both the 2010 and 2013 pack I noticed that some cars seem to have a different view set for the camera above the cockpit (my favorite one when driving F1 cars). I love being able to see the driver helmet moving, the dash, the wheels and the front of the car and while on some cars the view is perfect and on some others the view is very much zoomed in forward.
1 i forgor

2 tcam are made to reflect real TV cam. Which sometimes does not show the helmet. Or sometime replicating it makes it difficult to keep the helmet in. You can always unpack data.acd, delete the data.acd file, then in game use the camera app to tweak the TCAM view to your liking and saving it

Last edited:
Ok, first version of Tommy78 fixes pretty much done, let me know what you think. Specially if you think it stinks.

preview.jpg

It looks just like a Mercedes!

When going through and testing all these cars again, I could clearly see that the original 1991 DTM cars are generally better quality than the newer ones. So if you're going to try some of these, I would strongly recommend getting the 1991 pack first.

View attachment 1386135

What does this "Force Feedback" setting do? Is it supposed to allow you to control the amount of FFB felt through the wheel for each individual car? Because I played around a little with it and really couldn't tell any difference. Before it was 70, the default was 90. I didn't feel any difference at 70 then I moved it down to 40 and still didn't feel any difference. Adjusting it on my wheel is the only way I felt any change.
Reference the chat a few pages back (2-3 pages I think). It's discussed there. It should have quite an impact on your wheel, UNLESS, you're already clipping like crazy on your wheel, in which case you'll notice nothing. Which isn't great.

the Cimmerian Iter F1 mods released today on this site are absolutely amazing! so much better quality than a lot of **** i have paid for with patreon subscriptions. 4 seasons of f1 for free... its insane the effort this guy put in.
View attachment 1385981

ps. the tommy paid cars are not very good for a paid product... you can get them for free today over at assettoworld.com
The salary I would make with Patreon lmao, but mods would become actigreedvision quality.

So yeah, free is good. And if you need to spend money donate to charity.

I'm working on "fixing" all the Tommy-cars. Some of them are way too loud either externally or internally, maybe I'll try to fix it. Can be done with ext_config, if I remember correctly.
@fleskebacon ; hope you can manage in doing so, this shall be appreciated. Will you release such modified packages for public use afterwards? Hope so and If so, keep me/us posted on this. Thanks much.

@fleskebacon ; hope you can manage in doing so, this shall be appreciated. Will you release such modified packages for public use afterwards? Hope so and If so, keep me/us posted on this. Thanks much.
When I found my old fixing, I can see that I have adjusted the sound for the Mustang, at least. After going through them all, the cockpit sounds are ok now, I think. Haven't checked the external sounds yet. There is also a "car volume adjuster" app on RD, which can be very useful:

shi
F1 1992 Track Pack

-CSP recommended
-Includes 16 tracks

(Kyalami, Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Interlagos, Barcelona, Imola, Monaco, Montreal, Magny Cours, Silverstone, Hockenheimring, Hungaroring, Spa, Monza, Estoril, Suzuka, Adelaide)

converted/updated by shin956

Please see my patreon post or readme for credits for each Tracks.
Thank you to all involved.

Patreon download link;
ASR Formula website download link;

Enjoy.

02/06/2024 - Imola/ Montreal/ Silverstone updated to v1.01.
04/26/2024 - Included AI updates by Thockard.
https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/authors/thockard.3457888/

Kyalami/ Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez/ Interlagos/ Monaco/ Magny Cours/ Hungaroring updated to v1.01.
Imola/ Montreal updated to v1.02.

06/24/2024 - Estoril/ Suzuka/ Adelaide updated to v1.01.
07/16/2024 - Hockenheimring updated to v1.01. Suzuka updated to v1.02.
09/03/2024 - Spa updated to v1.1.

Spa 1992 updated to v1.1.
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 changelog;
Updated billboard textures.
Updated ext_config.ini.
Updated VAO-patch.
Added trees to chicane.
Added cam by Gregz0r. (Thanks)
Replaced flags.
Other minor fixes.
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_2016_asr_owc_1992_round_12_3-8-124-20-30-45.jpg

It may be outside the scope of what you're doing, but I'd really like to see a rear wing added to the Supra. I'm not sure why it doesn't have one, since every picture I've looked up online shows it has the same spoiler the road car has. I notice that you've released mods adding the Audi and MB emblems to the appropriate cars, which is really appreciated - the Audi especially looks so weird without it.
I think it generally raced without the spoiler:
supra_dtm_1989.jpg
Bemani2.jpg

I have seen a few pictures of it with the spoiler as well, but most are without. And if I were to model a spoiler, in best case it would be looking like this:
84095829.jpg

Some time ago it was a mod shown here that made snow falling but it was an early try.
I wonder cant something similar be made to have leaves falling here and there ? I mean we have some really great tracks that go through forests or near them, it would be so cool to see leaves falling/ taken by the wind (and some to even stay/gather on the track...I'm a dreamer I know :D) . Thinking of Nordschleife, tracks by Fat-Alfie and a lots of others. A "simple" particle effects mod. I know its not that simple, and please don't tell me to make it myself, I barely manage to modify things in extension configs... :ill: And I dont have time to learn, I have time to sit down 1-2 times a week in my rig if I'm lucky

nord.jpeg

Ok, first version of Tommy78 fixes pretty much done, let me know what you think. Specially if you think it stinks.

View attachment 1386170
It looks just like a Mercedes!

When going through and testing all these cars again, I could clearly see that the original 1991 DTM cars are generally better quality than the newer ones. So if you're going to try some of these, I would strongly recommend getting the 1991 pack first.
Having bought these cars last month, I noticed some of their gear changing animations were wildly off - some not even getting near the gear stick. The ‘91 Audi was okay if a bit extravagant, as was the ‘89 Sierra. Haven’t tried the other cars yet.

Is there any way these can be fixed too?

Last edited:
Some time ago it was a mod shown here that made snow falling but it was an early try.
I wonder cant something similar be made to have leaves falling here and there ? I mean we have some really great tracks that go through forests or near them, it would be so cool to see leaves falling/ taken by the wind (and some to even stay/gather on the track...I'm a dreamer I know :D) . Thinking of Nordschleife, tracks by Fat-Alfie and a lots of others. A "simple" particle effects mod. I know its not that simple, and please don't tell me to make it myself, I barely manage to modify things in extension configs... :ill: And I dont have time to learn, I have time to sit down 1-2 times a week in my rig if I'm lucky

View attachment 1386179
That would need to be implemented via CSP, ask Ilya.

View attachment 1386179
If there's something that i would love to see it would be something like PeopleFX. I would love to have some Marshalls or crowd models (animated if possible) that could be added easily by placing them via POSITION on the config (no idea if this would be possible, but i think yes since we can heve hundreds of 3D trees that impact like hell the fps on most tracks). It would bring a lot of life to a lot of tracks which are empty like (for example a lot of older tracks that, even updated for CSP, still lacking in life around the track), this would be a game changer in terms of life-improvements of a lot of tracks.

Last edited:
on certain skins the tyres just dont exist for me on the T78 DTM mod, did i install something wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_t78_evo500_dtm_monza_3-8-124-16-27-3.jpg
    Screenshot_t78_evo500_dtm_monza_3-8-124-16-27-3.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 3
on certain skins the tyres just dont exist for me on the T78 DTM mod, did i install something wrong?
You probably didn't install all the components of the mod, because this skin use external rims (and not stock rims of the car) with ext_config (CSP).

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back