Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,805 comments
Only took me 6 hours to get this on track. I remember skinning this car after driving it months before hand, i then took it out with my shiny new skin on it and within 5 minutes i deleted it loooool it was a bit of a pig.

Not anymore! i understand it is still a w.i.p but its so much more useable now. Nice one

and its also good to see the 3d side of it sorted out it was a little "rough" before shall we say
Initially it was quite tough, but I will always do everything I can to bring you what is missing on AC, within the limits of my capabilities :)

Some time ago I made a list, there are still several cars missing, but little by little I will make it. Now, since an F430 has already been released (even if not the same version I'm working on), I think I'll evaluate whether to combine a new work with the TVR remake or whether to continue with the Ferrari.

As for the Ford GT, I'm waiting for the final approval and then it's ready to come out. 😎

When trying to use the URD Cadillac, I get a message saying I need CSP 0.2.3 or higher, I have CSP 0.2.3 preview211, why am I having an issue?
Because 0.2.3-preview211 is somewhere between 0.2.2 and 0.2.3. The patch version id of 0.2.3-preview211 is 2974, and for 0.2.3 it's 3044 - and that is what is compared.

Like the name implies, you only have a preview version of 0.2.3. I think the public 0.2.3 version came out the same time with 0.2.4-preview1.

Last edited:

Fixes for CSP users.
Create ext_config.ini and add to it.
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=horizon fix
MATERIALS=BKA?
DEPTH_MODE = NORMAL
Screenshot_no_mercedes_c140_albion_valley_14-8-124-8-17-35.jpg

Last edited:
Because 0.2.3-preview211 is somewhere between 0.2.2 and 0.2.3. The patch version id of 0.2.3-preview211 is 2974, and for 0.2.3 it's 3044 - and that is what is compared.

Like the name implies, you only have a preview version of 0.2.3. I think the public 0.2.3 version came out the same time with 0.2.4-preview1.
Thank you, I get it.
I am please with my actual CSP/SOL VR set up, so not going to alter anything for one car.
Wondering what is so different in the newer CSP version, it must be quite extraordinary for URD to limit their market to the few actually running the latest CSP.

Thank you, I get it.
I am please with my actual CSP/SOL VR set up, so not going to alter anything for one car.
Wondering what is so different in the newer CSP version, it must be quite extraordinary for URD to limit their market to the few actually running the latest CSP.
Actually, the latest public version is 0.2.4.

And the reason is probably the use of extended physics, newest RSS and VRC cars also require at least 0.2.3 CSP.

Actually, the latest public version is 0.2.4
Yes it is, but not everyone jumps on the latest as it also often brings issues, last "recommended" is 0.1.79.

Also, "extended Physic" has been present in all CSP for a while, so, again, it must be quite extraordinary for URD to limit their market to the few actually running the latest CSP.

Any idea, what the big advance is in the latest version?

I see URD whining about piracy as a reason they do not sell much mods, maybe making mods compatible with more people would help more sales.

Last edited:
GM, has anyone noticed the new URD Dallas (Cadillac) during race the car livery goes black when in distance ? Reappears when closer in view. Also no display appears on the steering wheel ingame.

Yes it is, but not everyone jumps on the latest as it also often brings issues, last "recommended" is 0.1.79.

Also, "extended Physic" has been present in all CSP for a while, so, again, it must be quite extraordinary for URD to limit their market to the few actually running the latest CSP.

I see URD whining about piracy as a reason they do not sell much mods, maybe making mods compatible with more people would help more sales.
CSP change logs have a lot of stuff about extended physics, I do not know what it is specifically that makes URD to require that version. And like I already said, it is not just URD - RSS and VRC have that exact same limitation, although VRC also has vanilla versions that do not use extended physics.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that some RSS mods also have non-CSP data files included.

Last edited:

That recommended state was just not updated a long time. So actually CSP 0.1.79 is outdated. There were so much changes since this version. I would recommend at least CSP 0.2.

Its not that there is a commission that rates this "recommend" state. It is just a forgotten feature to update it to a certain version.

Everything in the newer mods is focused on CSP 0.2 or later...

So sure things needed to be changed for very old mods that where made for 0.1.79, but that recommended state is not based on those mods....

Last edited:
Initially it was quite tough, but I will always do everything I can to bring you what is missing on AC, within the limits of my capabilities :)

Some time ago I made a list, there are still several cars missing, but little by little I will make it. Now, since an F430 has already been released (even if not the same version I'm working on), I think I'll evaluate whether to combine a new work with the TVR remake or whether to continue with the Ferrari.

As for the Ford GT, I'm waiting for the final approval and then it's ready to come out. 😎
i'm going to go over the "lvc" skin again today i still have the PDN. It needs to be touched up and stickers adjusted e.t.c

i may even do another skin for this actually depending on what pictures i can find

Last edited:
That recommended state was just not updated a long time. So actually CSP 0.1.79 is outdated. There were so much changes since this version. I would recommend at least CSP 0.2.

Its not that there is a commission that rates this "recommend" state. It is just a forgotten feature to update it to a certain version.

Everything in the newer mods is focused on CSP 0.2 or later...

So sure things needed to be changed for very old mods that where made for 0.1.79, but that recommended state is not based on those mods....
Yes, a little sloppy, should be updated.
Was not expecting and no one should be expecting to be back compatible forever, but not compatible with 0.2.3 preview 211, is a little more difficult to understand.
There is probably a good reason, would be nice to hear it in details.
I also have to admit, I am not a fan of the so called “extended” physic, so having the choice of “normal” physic would make sense to me.
Not an issue for me at the end of the day, plenty of other Cady available, just too bad for URD as they seem to be sales challenged.

new car or the old drf one?
No, it’s for the ACC GT3 conversion.

Maybe it will work with one of the GTE variants (to get rid of the massive amounts of numplates. I will test it the days)

The DRF is not the best 3d model, so I was choosing the nearest GT3. I also swapped the physics to the urd t5 For better competition

Hey guys, how to reduce overboard slipstream effect from the F1 cars? I mean some cars simply have absolutely crazy effect which pretty much disables the car control entirely. Sure there should be an effect but on most F1 car mods it's quite balanced. On some others it's way overboard. Thanks.

edit: Figured it out. Setting colliders.ini helped a lot with the physics.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back