Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,808 comments
Rework/touch up (old upload deleted)

BMW Z3 GTR - 4k

INSTALL

download and choose with or without AO and drag that content folder over to CM

- Adjusted both rear "motorenrivisie" stickers on the quarter panel to get rid of the stretch in the centre

- Re-done the window banner from scratch so it is alot more like real life/inside banner also added

- Adjusted to "siemens" sticker on the bonnet

- Blacked the rear spoiler supports

- Added numberplate to the roof

- Adjusted the "bergman tools" sticker on the passenger side

- Blacked the roll cage

- Other minor adjustments

- Now with or without AO

Happy with this now for suuuuuuuuuure

@GT3Masters97 are you able to make it so when i cover the headlights with black and cut 2 holes out each side it doesnt show the headlight through the black? it doesnt let the light out apart from the holes which is cool but when on track you can still see the headlight through the black as the black i put on is transparent. Hope this makes sense loool

Screenshot (686).png

Last edited:
BTCC Ford Mandingo skin taken from a slightly earlier version of the car

no AO with this, if you add an AO you will get a square patch on the boot where i have hidden the plate and you will get black patches on either wing where i have removed the side repeaters. Car is fairly dark anyway so i chose this path with no AO.

4k only

drag and drop to install

View attachment 1387813

P.S

Good afternoon

This mod definitely needs cleaners...

Edit
I find other post with this...

sorry

Last edited:
superb mod? it's a joke, encrypted mod just good to end up in the garbage can
Are you on mescaline with PCP chasers?
By any metric out there, this is a superb car mod. One of the very best available, obviously crafted with buckets of love and care, and an attention to detail that puts most other modders to shame. And it's completely free.
The encryption is immaterial because the car is nigh-on perfect as it is.
We all have the right to our opinions of course, but to call this car 'a joke' reflects badly on you, not the car or the creator.

Hi Guys

Here is my complete update for Grand Valley Speedway by Lean Lauri.
This is my third attempt at this track, have been struggling to get the perfect tree's combination, one cannot update this track until you get the tree's right first.

Track looks awesome now and really hope you guys enjoy my efforts :)

Installation:

- Download track first and install

- Download my update and install (manual install)
- Allow ext file and backround images to overwrite

- Select CF1_grand_valley_speedway_LL in Content Manager to activate skins

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures or track, send me a DM and I would be more than happy to assist :)

Grand_Valley_Speedway_5.jpg

Update details v1.0:
  • New lighting and vao settings
  • Replaced all tree's and upscaled
  • New tree line texture and upscaled
  • Reworked all grass textures and upscaled
  • New grass_fx, more lush
  • Reworked all landscape textures and upscaled
  • Reworked all mountain rock textures and upscaled
  • New mountain rock texture with tree line, also upscaled (just after bridge)
  • New tarmac surfaces
  • New tarmac NM
  • Reworked all curbes and upscaled
  • New sand trap textures and upscaled
  • New sand trap edge textures and upscaled
  • Reworked blue bridge textures and upscaled
  • All track side edge textures reworked and upscaled
  • New tire wall textures and upscaled
  • New amco rails and upscaled
  • New amco NM and upscaled
  • New amco rail orange edge texture and upscaled
  • New concrete safety walls and upscaled
  • New fence texture and upscaled
  • New corner indicator signs and upscaled
  • Reworked corner signs and upscaled
  • New cone textures and upscaled
  • Reworked all tunnel textures and upscaled
  • New yellow line and upscaled
  • Reworked race groove and tire markings
  • New ambulance texture and upscaled
  • New marshall texture and upscaled
  • New flags and upscaled
  • New banners and upscaled
  • New adds and upscaled
  • Reworked all pit lane textures and upscaled
  • Reworked all window texture and upscaled
  • Reworked all grandstand textures and upscaled
  • New water textures and upscaled
  • All concrete and metal textures reworked, upscaled too
  • New pit entry and brake marker sighs, upscale too
  • New tv van skin and upscaled
  • Reworked all track side vehicles and upscaled
  • Reworked all other textures and upscaled
  • New loading screens and preview images

Grand_Valley_Speedway.jpg
Grand_Valley_Speedway_1.jpg
Grand_Valley_Speedway_2.jpg
Grand_Valley_Speedway_3.jpg
Grand_Valley_Speedway_4.jpg
Grand_Valley_Speedway_5.jpg
Grand_Valley_Speedway_6.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Usually when i try to make a vid i tend to go for the weakest car but i just found out about Cartuner and that is a game changer for me so far.

Here's a vid fighting the AI for a couple of laps :

The car/track links are in the vid description.

So my point here, considering i based this on the 1962 SCCA championships, is the 356 has been tweaked a lot since its first appearance and was able to finish ahead of much more powerful cars at the time. I randomly started by applying a 12% torque to it, as an hypothetical basis. I have one hotlap at 2.07, but usually run around 2.10 +/- 1sec with this power boost.

For the Porsche AIs, i tweaked it to a 20% torque increase. Not realistic, but now the AI can make a lap in 2.13 secs.

For the MG MGAs AIs, a 20% torque power was applied, so they would run a lap in 2.14-16 as well.

The Corvette C1 has a very different tyre model which makes it pretty unique, and i couldn't really touch it without ****ing up the mod. It stayed like it was, i directly asked Stereo if he was open to tweak it himself.

The Simdream AC Ace, being a simdream mod and completely out of reality, got a 10 % restrictor and 150kgs ballast. Running at 2.10
The Bazza's Cobra 289, 28% ballast and 150 kgs ballast, running at 2.10
The bazza's Corvette 1967 (supposed to replace the 1962 C2 that i couldn't find), 400kgs ballast and 40% restrictor, running at 2.09
the Legion Corvette C2, same treatment, running at 2.09.

Now i got too good at the track for the modifications i made, but i still had the most wonderful race against the AI i ever had : i got divebombed, drifted along cars going the same pace as I, i had to find an opening and even defend my racing lines sometimes.

The idea is probably to boost everyone by another 5/10% and then be able to just lower the AI strenght. That would keep anyone from beating the AI at 100%, finally having decent opponents offline.

By the end of the race (17 laps), my tyres were absolutly cooked and i finished 3rd,barely grabbing the podium in the last lap.

Anyway, i think this is a good way to improve solo racing, rather than adding ballasts and restrictors (which i was doing before). It allows you to balance everyone, and once saved you can just use the same layout for different tracks without thinking about it.

If anyone is interrested i can already share this whole layout, althought you have the data to do it yourself using Cartuner. The good thing is that it doesn't mod the original car : it just adds a new folder with new cars specs.

Hey guys,

Usually when i try to make a vid i tend to go for the weakest car but i just found out about Cartuner and that is a game changer for me so far.

Here's a vid fighting the AI for a couple of laps :

The car/track links are in the vid description.

So my point here, considering i based this on the 1962 SCCA championships, is the 356 has been tweaked a lot since its first appearance and was able to finish ahead of much more powerful cars at the time. I randomly started by applying a 12% torque to it, as an hypothetical basis. I have one hotlap at 2.07, but usually run around 2.10 +/- 1sec with this power boost.

For the Porsche AIs, i tweaked it to a 20% torque increase. Not realistic, but now the AI can make a lap in 2.13 secs.

For the MG MGAs AIs, a 20% torque power was applied, so they would run a lap in 2.14-16 as well.

The Corvette C1 has a very different tyre model which makes it pretty unique, and i couldn't really touch it without ****ing up the mod. It stayed like it was, i directly asked Stereo if he was open to tweak it himself.

The Simdream AC Ace, being a simdream mod and completely out of reality, got a 10 % restrictor and 150kgs ballast. Running at 2.10
The Bazza's Cobra 289, 28% ballast and 150 kgs ballast, running at 2.10
The bazza's Corvette 1967 (supposed to replace the 1962 C2 that i couldn't find), 400kgs ballast and 40% restrictor, running at 2.09
the Legion Corvette C2, same treatment, running at 2.09.

Now i got too good at the track for the modifications i made, but i still had the most wonderful race against the AI i ever had : i got divebombed, drifted along cars going the same pace as I, i had to find an opening and even defend my racing lines sometimes.

The idea is probably to boost everyone by another 5/10% and then be able to just lower the AI strenght. That would keep anyone from beating the AI at 100%, finally having decent opponents offline.

By the end of the race (17 laps), my tyres were absolutly cooked and i finished 3rd,barely grabbing the podium in the last lap.

Anyway, i think this is a good way to improve solo racing, rather than adding ballasts and restrictors (which i was doing before). It allows you to balance everyone, and once saved you can just use the same layout for different tracks without thinking about it.

If anyone is interrested i can already share this whole layout, althought you have the data to do it yourself using Cartuner. The good thing is that it doesn't mod the original car : it just adds a new folder with new cars specs.

I'm always interested in offline tips for racing AI please, although I usually give myself 10-20kgs and 10% restrictor just using CM

I'm always interested in offline tips for racing AI please, although I usually give myself 10-20kgs and 10% restrictor just using CM
Well, for the layout i use in the vid, it's basically tweak and try.

using Cartuner available here : https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/

You pick a bunch of cars you wanna race against on a specific track. Let's call them A, B, C. Watch your pace, and watch theirs.

You do a lap in 1 minute. That's the pace you're aiming the AI to run at.

AI Car A runs a lap in 1.06 seconds. Open car A in Cartuner. Create a new tune named, ie, "BOP 10", then apply a 10% boost in the "torque" and click apply.

AI Car B runs a lap in 1.03 seconds, same operation, but you want it to actually beat you because IRL it should be 1 or 2 seconds faster than you are. Enter a 7% torque and click apply.

Now when making a quick drive grid, there's now a CAR A and a CAR A BOP 10, a CAR B and a CAR B BOP 7 available. It creates a copycat folder for each of them, so getting rid of the failed ones is easy.

Run the race with your new overpowered AIs, see their pace, adjust the torque depending on their results until they are 1 second faster than you.

Now with Cartuner there's a lot more to play with in the advanced settings, but so far the only thing i dared tweaking were the tyre models. You can, for example, switch a 60s tyre model for a vintage one, getting whole new grip in the process. For AI cars that struggles with drifting, that could fix a lot of issues. To my knowledge so far each time i tried to modify the car files (apart from the tyre model copy/paste from other mods) i ended up with either a struggling AI or a setup glitch. The Torque adjust seems to run fine everytime.

I wouldn't touch the drivetrain nor the engine settings to maintain mods the way their creator intended them. But for AIs? Who cares, you just want to sweat blood overtaking them.

Now as i was testing everything, i aimed for my pace. But now i would go for a 5% faster AI whatever the conditions : You now have the ability to lower the AI opponents strenght directly in the quick drive menu, instead of keeping it at 100% and pray for more than a lap battle. You can also balance some same era cars from different modders that have completely different pace and get something coherent, with a complete 20 cars grid running without gaps.

It's pretty easy, a little boring, but very satisfying. Save the grid preset in CM, and you don't have to think about it for your little championships accross different tracks.

I just tried my settings on Oulton Park 60s with the layout i created for the vid and i can't for the hell of it go past 14th place. It's amazing, i never struggled that hard against the AI...

Last edited:
There was no update to it? Still the same update as of 2023 is it not?
I have version 1.0 installed, and as far as I know it is the one that was released at Christmas 2023. The new version is 1.1, and the Patreon post has a changelog. There's also a link to a Youtube video of the 1.1 update, the video was published 9 hours ago.

So yes, there is an update.

Quick question

I have a problem starting a race at the Daytona 1970 track, by Rainmaker. When I try to do a full stacked event (against 39 AI cars), all vehicles start from the pits. Why the cars don't start from the normal starting grid positions?

Does anyone have a problem similar to mine?
I'm still looking for a answer to this. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Its been mentioned in their Discord and is being looked into.
Hi !

Is this problem appears with URD "Dallas" skins ?

It could be only a problem with those skins.

Cheers. ;-)

Hi guys,

I need your help again with a Porsche 964 Carrera RSR which was raced by Porsche Center HK in the Zhuhai 3H race 1994. Can you identify the logo which I have marked in red?

1726462967641.png

1726463013303.png
1726463054195.png

Photos from the first Zhuhai race in 1994 are not easy to find and I am struggling quite a bit to recreate the livery of that car :-(

Thanx for your help

Yes, a little sloppy, should be updated.
Was not expecting and no one should be expecting to be back compatible forever, but not compatible with 0.2.3 preview 211, is a little more difficult to understand.
There is probably a good reason, would be nice to hear it in details.
I also have to admit, I am not a fan of the so called “extended” physic, so having the choice of “normal” physic would make sense to me.
Not an issue for me at the end of the day, plenty of other Cady available, just too bad for URD as they seem to be sales challenged.
0.2.3 preview 211 was the version where also LCS started, so they may also change shader settings. But yes, its a long discussion to have like a physics scaler, so user can adapt the strength of the new physics. There are also many people who just want the rain graphics and not the physics. But like i said, its a long discussion and maybe difficult to implement.

I hope we have a longer bugfix session soon and then this recommended state will be updated...

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I need your help again with a Porsche 964 Carrera RSR which was raced by Porsche Center HK in the Zhuhai 3H race 1994. Can you identify the logo which I have marked in red?

View attachment 1389515

View attachment 1389516View attachment 1389517

Photos from the first Zhuhai race in 1994 are not easy to find and I am struggling quite a bit to recreate the livery of that car :-(

Thanx for your help
Unfortunately, I could not find a very good quality image.

2024-09-16 155132.jpg

By any metric out there, this is a superb car mod. One of the very best available, obviously crafted with buckets of love and care, and an attention to detail that puts most other modders to shame. And it's completely free.
We all have the right to our opinions of course, but to call this car 'a joke' reflects badly on you, not the car or the creator.
it's still a mod stolen from another game, not made from scratch, it's still a shame to encrypt it.

the wiper remark was for the BTCC Mondeo i believe not your BMW :cheers:

did you see the question about the headlights on the z3?
I read it now, I missed it LOL

But I don't quite understand what you mean. When you make the glass black do you see light through? The one on the ground is the result of the script in the ext_config, so the texture alone cannot (in theory) alter its functioning. As for the headlight itself, once you cover it in black you shouldn't be able to see anything. But maybe if you can give me a visual example I can tell you for sure

I don't think it's overkill since it's a mod stolen from a game.
GT6 or GT7 rip?

I don't think it's overkill since it's a mod stolen from a game.
As are 99% of all car and track mods. I guess you mainly use original Kunos content then?
It's not like this one is behind any form of paywall, or has obvious or game-breaking errors locked behind the encryption. You're lumping it in with all the ripoff plopmods that charge a fortune for terrible quality and lazy halfassery. It really doesn't deserve that sort of blanket prejudice.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back