Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,819 comments
It's z-fighting, and the reason it's more prominent with some tracks than others has to do with the precision of the depth buffer. On large tracks, the depth buffer will often be less precise because it has to be larger than on smaller tracks. For objects that are really close, a small change in the depth buffer precision like this can trigger z-fighting on some tracks, while others are just fine. Not really a track problem, and not really a car problem - just a synergy of bad luck. (Someone smarter than me explained it to me some time back.)

There are settings in CM that can aid in this, but I can't come up with any specific advise right now.

For reference, I have no similar problems with the same car on the same track, and I'm just running default settings for everything that should matter. And the Dallas/Cadillac is a really nice car. :)
Thank you, but I'm not sure if I have understand, so what setting I can change / disable to solve this issue ?

Edit: sorry I didn't read all your post, if you have more information to solve it I'm interessested.
And good to see you don't have this, so I hope I will solve this soon ...

Last edited:
DTM 2019 Skinpack Aston Martin

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 version ACC by Binary Motors
https://modsfire.com/dBjS3Fqgen4PhT8

New kn5 and ext_config by files @spagna for:
  • removed a bunch of number plates
  • some minor graphic improvements outside and inside the car

DTM 2019 Skins for the GT3 Aston Martin.

I choosed this one in lag of a decent 3d-Model of the right car. I think it´s the beste choice.

R-Motorsport 1
#3 Paul di Resta
preview.jpg

#76 Jake Dennis
preview.jpg

R-Motorsport 2
#23 Daniel Juncadella
preview.jpg

#62 Ferdinand von Habsburg
preview.jpg

to get the best competition, I swapped the physics with one of the cars from URD T5 2018 DTM Pack. if there is interest, i can upload the data.acd two.

That a very good point, but also hope that @Peter Boese will include some pre-settings, like best performance for VR users, for low spec hardware and “state of the art” systems etc. Etc.
You should test the "Natural Mod PP Filter". It now works perfectly with Pure LCS.

Since the last update to version 30 the sunblinding and night lighting works perfectly with Pure LCS 2.15 and CSP 0.2.5-preview1. And with all functions like sunblinding now working with Single Pass Stereo in VR the performance is fantastic with my Oculus Rift CV1, even at night with rain. Just test it.

Ah! I had this exact same issue. I solved it by bringing the ffb gamma to 2.4, a band aid since it keeps the setting for other cars, glad that i wasn't the only one noticing it.
That completely ruined the experience at first try, to my utter sadness considering the quality of everything else.

Thanks for the tip, now where do you guys find this config file to edit 😆?
Unpack Data -- car.ini -- (controls) -- save -- Pack Data -- ENJOY!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-17 175856.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-17 175856.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-09-17 175921.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-17 175921.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-09-17 175937.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-17 175937.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 1
so you could hit that downhill or with a tailwind.
I have no doubt that downhill, and even with a tailwind, it will go 245. But as a rule, measurements of maximum speed are not carried out while going downhill. In any case, my goal was not to somehow belittle this mod, I just hoped that the author, having learned about this, will correct it in the next update, if there is one.

Under the CSP 'TRACK ADJUSTMENTS' options, I have always had Trees A2C dithering enabled. I have recently discovered that when you turn that option off, the seasonal trees I use on some of my track mods make the trees look almost transparent in the fall, winter and spring. I made alternate versions that thicken the alpha layer for the tree textures so that they look filled in more and less transparent. I don't know how many people actually use the Seasonal Trees skins I include, but if you do and you don't have Trees A2C dithering enabled, you might find you like these alternative versions better. The trees won't seem as transparent.

This is where it gets confusing. Download the update from the link below. This does not replace the existing 'Seasonal' track skin, but adds an additional 'Seasonal2' track skin with the thicker alpha layer textures. Also, since you may not be using all of these tracks, you may need to install them individually into their respective track folder. When extracting, overwrite when it asks.

I think I included all of the tracks I've done seasonal textures for, but if someone comes across one I missed, please let me know.

RJ_tracks_seasonal_textures_update

I have no doubt that downhill, and even with a tailwind, it will go 245. But as a rule, measurements of maximum speed are not carried out while going downhill. In any case, my goal was not to somehow belittle this mod, I just hoped that the author, having learned about this, will correct it in the next update, if there is one.
Just click on it and put the fastest you go, 260 being the theoritical max speed of the longest 5th gear available...

1726624257467.png

Last edited:
Just click on it and put the fastest you go, 260 being the theoritical max speed of the longest 5th gear available...

View attachment 1390037
edit:

Okay, maybe I was a little rude, I'll explain it differently. I don't want to change the numbers in the "maximum speed" column, I want the car to be able to reach the stated maximum speed (245), on a straight, level section (without hills, slipstream and tailwind) that's what I wanted to convey to you.

Last edited:
X90
@Breathe, as a quick note, I'm missing about ~70% of the icons for addendums/extensions in the most recent version of the Track List. All sources (Mega, Mediafire, GTP, Overtake, etc.) are affected.

Latest Firefox, tweaking settings and AdBlock did nothing. Switching to a Chromium browser does nothing either.

EDIT: Also, it might be wise to link Mike08's Patreon page for the Autopolis update, rather than the Overtake link which leads to a now deprecated version.
Following maintenance of overtake.gg, the RaceDepartment/Overtake add-ons icons have disappeared.It will take me months to change them. (I'm looking for a way to change them into batch...)

Thanks for the Autopolis, I updated to the latest version but forgot to change the link. (I was a little too confused by this icons problem)

Hello,
I'm running CSP 0.2.4-preview1 and have been getting very rough ground shadow transition.
Example here:
I've tried changing stuff here and there to no avail.
Any suggestions?

24H
did you put the new .kn5 files in the car´s extension folder? and you have to replace the ext_config.
I think he didn't...

Replace car ext_config isn't actually necessary for New wheels (but ext_config in the skin folder is necessary). I have add some improvements and for the new side exhaust the shaking functionality

Last edited:
Following maintenance of overtake.gg, the RaceDepartment/Overtake add-ons icons have disappeared.It will take me months to change them. (I'm looking for a way to change them into batch...)

Thanks for the Autopolis, I updated to the latest version but forgot to change the link. (I was a little too confused by this icons problem)
Edit -> Find and Replace
In the Find box put https://www.racedepartment.com/favicon.ico
In the Replace box put https://overtake-data.community.forum/styles/100/styles/overtake/xenforo/cropped-favicon-270x270.png
Change the Search field to "All Sheets"
Tick "Also search within formulae" and "Also search within links"
Click "Replace All"

I made a copy of the sheet and did exactly that and it worked, took seconds.
I used Real Favicon Generator's Favicon Checker to check www.overtake.gg/ which gave that much longer URL above.

Edit -> Find and Replace
In the Find box put https://www.racedepartment.com/favicon.ico
In the Replace box put https://overtake-data.community.forum/styles/100/styles/overtake/xenforo/cropped-favicon-270x270.png
Change the Search field to "All Sheets"
Tick "Also search within formulae" and "Also search within links"
Click "Replace All"

I made a copy of the sheet and did exactly that and it worked, took seconds.
I used Real Favicon Generator's Favicon Checker to check www.overtake.gg/ which gave that much longer URL above.
Thank you very much. (I tried that but I forgot "Also search within links)

Problem solved. Thanks again

Last edited:
edit:

Okay, maybe I was a little rude, I'll explain it differently. I don't want to change the numbers in the "maximum speed" column, I want the car to be able to reach the stated maximum speed (245), on a straight, level section (without hills, slipstream and tailwind) that's what I wanted to convey to you.
Theoritical top speed based on gear ratio vs RPM.
This is the maximum speed it can reach if you dont change gear ratio and/or the rev limiter

1726652841373.png

Theoritical top speed based on gear ratio vs RPM.
This is the maximum speed it can reach if you dont change gear ratio and/or the rev limiter

View attachment 1390160
I couldn't get any faster than 241.5 km/h, that was on an 8-mile straight with no wind at all and 109% rev limiter.
Tried other settings too, but that was the max I could get. I didn't want to try raising the tyre pressure above the recommended, although it could help a bit.

Hey guys,

i'm playing with the excellent @alexlockout Lotus Cosworth 23 available here

On the _shock 60s skin of Reboot Oulton Park.

I was talking with Alex and i have - again- the windshield shadow eating issue using the car, where the dark shadow under the car disapears when seen thru the windshield.

I know there is a fix going into the ext_config file and tweaking the windshield material, but i want to be sure it's not related to my settings before going into further investigation.

Alex is not using Pure, but i do. He's not having the issue.

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm running CSP 0.2.4-preview1 and have been getting very rough ground shadow transition.
Example here:
I've tried changing stuff here and there to no avail.
Any suggestions?

I recently had another crack at reducing 'chasing shadows'. I am fairly happy with my settings and the results but as always your mileage might vary, especially with the dark arts of CSP magic. Anyway, I'll share.

Screenshot 2024-09-18 130303.png

I have also bumped up the shadow resolution in Video settings to 4096x4096. Required because I believe the resolution is shared across the distance of the split and as the distances are greater here you need more to achieve what you would if they were shorter.

Fourth cascade is currently set mahoosive because Bannochbrae has some very distant scenery I like to not be flashing at me as I admire it but for most tracks you can leave it around 1500m .

Ciao,
Sto utilizzando CSP 0.2.4-preview1 e la transizione delle ombre sul terreno è molto irregolare.
Esempio qui:
Ho provato a cambiare qualcosa qua e là, ma senza successo.
Avete suggerimenti?

i like your pp, could you share the name? are you on pure gamma or pure lcs?
also what is the name of the map? thx

Last edited:
24H
did you put the new .kn5 files in the car´s extension folder? and you have to replace the ext_config.

I think he didn't...

Replace car ext_config isn't actually necessary for New wheels (but ext_config in the skin folder is necessary). I have add some improvements and for the new side exhaust the shaking functionality
Well, I deleted the Jäger skin and reinstalled it (because I'm a fan), and this is the result, I get to see the new wheels, but not as they should be:

complete.png

You could make a screenshot (F8). That'll show in the loading screen the next time(s) you open that track. Take another car though, it will still show the previous one, so there's little point in doing this I'm afraid.
it's possible to make a background (bgr) and put that in the track ui.
I don't know another way...

In csp settings, New Loading Screen, you should be able to select the option "use car images from AC screenshots".

Just make a bunch of nice screenshots in the showroom in case you don't have any yet, or preferably some screenshots from ingame.

If it doesn't found related images it should go for your other screens related to the driving session, either other cars on the track or just tracks.

Plenty of options there, have a look🙂.
The way i've done it, was, copying a preview image of EVERY car i have, pasting it to AC Screenshots and naming it as the car's folder name. Then ticking the box "use car images from AC screenshots". But that's really time consuming and using extra valuable storage space.

I was just looking for a faster and more efficient way to do this (with a click of a button in CSP).
So either we need a new app or a new csp option from Ilya!

Anyway, again, thanks a lot guys for trying to help me!!

I recently had another crack at reducing 'chasing shadows'. I am fairly happy with my settings and the results but as always your mileage might vary, especially with the dark arts of CSP magic. Anyway, I'll share.

View attachment 1390170

I have also bumped up the shadow resolution in Video settings to 4096x4096. Required because I believe the resolution is shared across the distance of the split and as the distances are greater here you need more to achieve what you would if they were shorter.

Fourth cascade is currently set mahoosive because Bannochbrae has some very distant scenery I like to not be flashing at me as I admire it but for most tracks you can leave it around 1500m .
do you know how to increase this range? i wanted to render high detailed shadows a bit further
1726662484300.png

I was going to do the "BMW Original Teile"-skin, but I gave up on finding a good source for the intricate "x-ray"-pattern which covers the entire car. Would be pleased if someone else could do that one, as it's out of my skillset to recreate something like that from scratch..
Couldn't find any high-res resource for the Teile livery - but did find a JPG image that could do the trick. Attached is (gimp-file-layers) what I've managed to do (a good head-start), and will leave the rest to you to polish-off...

preview.jpg

Download - Teile-XCF-File-Layers
Hi,

For those who want new skins for Tommy78 BMW 635 DTM
Thanks for sharing these... 👍

---

Opel Calibra DTM - DENSO Livery WIP

Thought to include this bad-boy livery onto the growing number of liveries for this mod... Improvised some decals by re-making them from ground-up.

opel_calibra__denso-66_1.png

opel_calibra__denso-66_2.png

opel_calibra__denso-66_3.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back