Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,826 comments
LoL, I just figured this out and was going to post the solution as you did. Although I didn't have to change the BLEND_MODE to fix the funcup. Maybe I should add that anyway?

Thanks to everyone that chimed in. Quikslvr, as you, this has bugged me for a long time with certain cars.

Now the other cool thing that this fixed was (and I made a post inquiring about this a few weeks back) but it also fixed the smeary TAA issue in addition to the dissapearing under-car shadow.

I'm stoked, man. There are a ton of cars I need to fix now.

EDIT: @Quikslvr, have you found a SHADER replacement that has a little bit of tint to it? I've replaced the small windscreen on an old vintage f1 car, but the ksWindscreen is so clear that it is hard to tell there is actual glass in the little windscreen. No biggie, but if you know of a way to replace with a tinted or darker glass, lemme know. It's the one in the pic below. The little windscreen has no edge or bezel which makes it harder to tell there is actual glass in the mount with the shader replacement implemented.

View attachment 1346140
Hey mate, have you ever found a solution for this? i'm on the same boat, now i can barely see the windshield, the original is better but it obstruct undercar shadows...

Couldn't find any high-res resource for the Teile livery - but did find a JPG image that could do the trick. Attached is (gimp-file-layers) what I've managed to do (a good head-start), and will leave the rest to you to polish-off...

View attachment 1390181

Download - Teile-XCF-File-Layers

Thanks for sharing these... 👍

---

Opel Calibra DTM - DENSO Livery WIP

Thought to include this bad-boy livery onto the growing number of liveries for this mod... Improvised some decals by re-making them from ground-up.
Yes, nice. This looks very much like a workable starting point! Will continue work on this next week, thanks a bunch! :)

I couldn't get any faster than 241.5 km/h, that was on an 8-mile straight with no wind at all and 109% rev limiter.
Tried other settings too, but that was the max I could get. I didn't want to try raising the tyre pressure above the recommended, although it could help a bit.
a few factors will prevent a car from reaching theroetical (gears+tire diam+rpm)
1. in AC tire parameters other than radius can affect this
2. in real life it is AERO DRAG vs HORSEPOWER

If the tires, max rpm and gearing are proper, either the aero drag is too high or the horsepower is too low

In the car mods I have made and/or edited, AERO DRAG was always used to balance performance and top speed.

Last edited:
Just getting back to your logo search for 'Fratelli Rossetti'...

View attachment 1389798View attachment 1389800

Could not find anything alike, but did create the following decals from scratch (bonnet, banner & plate) - to use as you like.
View attachment 1389790 View attachment 1389793View attachment 1389851
View attachment 1389794

View attachment 1389797

Looking forward to your developments... Carry on, cheers!
Thanx for your help. Here it is.... Porsche Center Hong Kong #2, BPR Zhuhai 3H 1994
Screenshot_porsche_964_rsr_38_studio_white_18-8-124-17-57-41.jpg

Screenshot_porsche_964_rsr_38_studio_white_18-8-124-17-58-6.jpg

Screenshot_porsche_964_rsr_38_studio_white_18-8-124-17-58-26.jpg

I'm very surprised because you have below the result ingame for me with my settings
I'm curious to see if everyone has the same problem as you.

View attachment 1389968
Don't seem to have issues at this end... No changes made. 👍
Thanks again.

screenshot_1.png

screenshot_2.png

How do you have CSP Addon wheels on showroom ? I have never managed to have it ....
It's a CSP feature introduced a while back (supported CSP version). It saves time (game-loading) from having to go fully ingame to check liveries and changes in general... eg. rainFX for csp-wipers, etc. hope this helps!

showroom_option.png

Select (drop-down-arrow) SHOWROOM-OPTIONS and ensure to mirror these settings.

Last edited:
Last edited:
24h de Barcelona Bas Koeten Racing

4k only

drag and drop install

No AO this car cannot have it.

!! You will need to raise the shader value on the window on both versions of this car. This skin is for the FIA GT version so you need to raise the value for the sticker on the rear, on the other version you need to raise the value for my other skin to get the front widow banner brighter (i forgot to mention this in my last upload for the L.V.C skin)

how to rasie a shader value:

open CM showroom

click on the glass

click the 3 dots next to "material"

another box will pop up go ahead and click "change values"

change "KsAmbient" value to whatever you want i changed mine to 0.3 up from 0.1

hit save

done

Few area's where the mapping is bad so i have worked round it but nothing to bad, its still close enough to the real thing.

Screenshot (692).png

6283305869_a40b64c928_z.jpg

6283305877_afd381bc24_z.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,

i'm playing with the excellent @alexlockout Lotus Cosworth 23 available here

On the _shock 60s skin of Reboot Oulton Park.

I was talking with Alex and i have - again- the windshield shadow eating issue using the car, where the dark shadow under the car disapears when seen thru the windshield.

I know there is a fix going into the ext_config file and tweaking the windshield material, but i want to be sure it's not related to my settings before going into further investigation.

Alex is not using Pure, but i do. He's not having the issue.

For what it's worth, I use Pure and have the same thing with some cars, I think it's usually the windscreen texture I swap out for it. With this many combinations of CSP, base game settings, weather controllers and PP filters, it doesn't surprise me my personal cocktail sometimes needs a tweak.

Thanks for your AI BoP post a couple of pages back BTW.

a few factors will prevent a car from reaching theroetical (gears+tire diam+rpm)
1. in AC tire parameters other than radius can affect this
2. in real life it is AERO DRAG vs HORSEPOWER

If the tires, max rpm and gearing are proper, either the aero drag is too high or the horsepower is too low

In the car mods I have made and/or edited, AERO DRAG was always used to balance performance and top speed.
And in this case the 241 is pretty close to the IRL 245 so I would call it spot on, giving that those cars didnt have any speed limiter.
So asking that Gadu change it to whatever user got instead of doing it themself... :rolleyes:

@Zin5ki does it again! thanks for this.

1 question am i able to use what you have done on the other skins to remove the passenger seat?. Probably as simple as copy and pasting the ext_config over maybe?

edit: as far as i am aware you need to copy the ext_config file over to the other skins and add a "banner.png" and thats it as far as i can tell...........just been fiddling more and i have got the banner to show on the original skins and removed the passenger seat, the only thing i need to figure out is which bit of code to remove from the ext_config because this borks the skin up on the front on the OG skins which it would as its a different front bumper. Any idea's on how to sort this last little bit so what you have done is useable on all skins?

basically what i am looking for is to just remove the passenger seat on the other skins

pretty sure after some more fiddling i have got the passenger seat removed from the other skins and the front of the skins are now all correct, there are no holes or anything in the car either (i removed some wrong code before)

so yeh all good cheers Zink5ki

Last edited:
The way i've done it, was, copying a preview image of EVERY car i have, pasting it to AC Screenshots and naming it as the car's folder name. Then ticking the box "use car images from AC screenshots". But that's really time consuming and using extra valuable storage space.

I was just looking for a faster and more efficient way to do this (with a click of a button in CSP).
So either we need a new app or a new csp option from Ilya!

Anyway, again, thanks a lot guys for trying to help me!!
did you try to paste just a link to the original preview and rename the link?

Opel Calibra DTM - DENSO TEAM Livery WIP

One BIG family that joins the collection for this mod... Some changes were made at the last minute eg. mirrors have been carbonised, instead of colour-matching - so have the front splitters.

opel_calibra_dtm__denso-team.png

Onwards we proceed! Might get some 'cake & tea' for the next one.

Last edited:
@RMi_wood
You are converting so nice tracks. My question: Mills Metropack is a really wonderful track and layout, but its from 2016 and many trees are "out of time" and especially the road texture gives no feedback. It fells like a new asphalt without feeling to the wheel.
Is there any chance that you can upgrade it?

@RMi_wood
You are converting so nice tracks. My question: Mills Metropack is a really wonderful track and layout, but its from 2016 and many trees are "out of time" and especially the road texture gives no feedback. It fells like a new asphalt without feeling to the wheel.
Why don't ask to the creator "Rigel" ?
He's alway active on Overtake
1726744189919.png

@RMi_wood

Why don't ask to the creator "Rigel" ?
He's alway active on Overtake
View attachment 1390429
I could be missing something here, but imo @RMi_wood converted Milbantos (Mills Metro Park meets Toban), not Mills Metro Park.
Si it's not from Rigel, but from frasie...
And should it be Milbantos you are pointing at:
  • the trees look absolutely good enough, X-times better than 95% of the 3D tree crap that certain modders tend to use lately.
  • road feel is certainly there without being exaggerated (at least on my Simucube DD wheel) and even more present than on Rigel's Mills MP.

I could be missing something here, but imo @RMi_wood converted Milbantos (Mills Metro Park meets Toban), not Mills Metro Park.
Si it's not from Rigel, but from frasie...
And should it be Milbantos you are pointing at:
  • the trees look absolutely good enough, X-times better than 95% of the 3D tree crap that certain modders tend to use lately.
  • road feel is certainly there without being exaggerated (at least on my Simucube DD wheel) and even more present than on Rigel's Mills MP.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back