BATracer Livery Competition (Comp #17)

• Thread starter XGT Taipan
  • 506 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, the guy with the Templates 👍

Welcome aboard! Your name doesn't have anything to do with this Mr. Hat, riiight?

Garrison_Hat_South_Park.PNG

lol yeah long story just another one of my aliases

Damn, I guess you learned a thing or two while creating the carsets.

And about the Alias, I think you'll have a pleasant conversation with Casio...

Damn, I guess you learned a thing or two while creating the carsets.

And about the Alias, I think you'll have a pleasant conversation with Casio...

lol just a few things :)

after doing 60 odd real liveries spread across dtm and LMES i picked up a bit about placements

Don't let the shading layers perverse your opinions. lol

Don't let the shading layers perverse your opinions. lol

Yeh. Can I please ask that to be fair on everyone else, that in future you don't use shading layers.

This is supposed to be plain gif format so that others can use your liveries too.

I'm not entering this one Brian Scran, so I think you're free to judge away.

aww man, what an annoying one to judge!
everyone producing at a really good standard.

i was straying to the more old school styling (Sting and Cracker) until:

MrHat​

lets hope all the practice he's got doesn't make this repetative!

Yeh. Can I please ask that to be fair on everyone else, that in future you don't use shading layers.

This is supposed to be plain gif format so that others can use your liveries too.
A .gif is a .gif, no matter which way you put it. And creating shading is pretty simple once you know how.

But as the creator of the carset, having the original shading is a pretty big advantage...

I'm trying to work out a combo with the sponsors. Couldn't they all stick to the same colors?

Second shot at a livery, first in the comp (Still not final, I'll probably change a bit around): The Selenia Ferrari 360.

selenialavazzaferrari36kc9.gif

Primary Sponsor: Selenia
Secondary Sponsor: Lavazza, UniCredit Group

Is it just me, Cracker, or is your car sponsored by 3 (or more) conflicting sponsors? Kinda like the Ford Chevy Nova ;)

Well i suppose Selenia might be a little out of place, but Eni and Agip are the same company.

(Ok, so i read the post wrong :raspberry: )

If you guys agree to it What i can do is for all final entries I could apply shading layers to even things out. I think this is an important aspect of the livery design as to decal placements.

Hmm... I do need to know whether the Lavazza and UniGroup will even show. The Lavazza thingy is placed on a high-used panel on Liveries, so I figured it'll show?

I just checked it no probs there, I generally don't use very heavy shading or highlighting for that reason. the only tricky spot on this car to consider is the vent at the bottom to the rear of the door.

If you guys agree to it What i can do is for all final entries I could apply shading layers to even things out. I think this is an important aspect of the livery design as to decal placements.

No. We are just keeping this plain and simple. No shading layers. I simply want single base layers so that when I add them to the index for people to use there will be no complaints.

Please, just stick to the rules and provide simple base layer livery designs.

Thank you.

Edit: If you want to make a single post with all entries including their respective shading layers when all entries have been made, then I agree to that. But your actual FINAL ENTRY must be kept to simple form.

However, if you do want to make a single post with all entries, may I request that you show Full Scale, as well as Team Scale (200 wide)?

I want to encourage more new people to design liveries, not scare them off with designs that look too difficult to compete with.

Sorry been having a few PC probs over the last few days, i will make my selection tommorrow...approx 24 hrs from now

This was a tougher project than at first appeared, i had a crack myself and found myself restarting several times

The choice for a winner is a tough one. What i will do is post my thoughs one each entry.

XGT Taipan -
Visually a very nice looking livery, imo the only let downs are the decal on the rear wing being partially cut off and the decal on the rear bumper not showing perspective considering it's placement and the overhang onto the white background.

TheCraker-
The car seemed unfinished however the underlying paint scheme was nice though. would have been nice to have seen this car with some minor sponsers.

Sting -
Nice livery, well placed minor sponser decals. I possibly think the other Selenia decal would have been a better choice due to the better contrast to the red body. Great attention to detail such as the mirror decal and overall decal placement.

Brain Scran
I actually liked what you were doing there with the fire breathing thingy. a little minor things like unpainted roll cage. a few more minor sponsers wouldn't have hurt.

Gingiba
I Think gradient variations have been a bit too overused ever since i posted that tutorial on how to do them, but a nice pick of colours which maitained a good contrast to the main sponser logo. wasn't overly keen on the 2 Ferrari badges, i think 1 would have been sufficent. Also missing a number.

Bee.
Nice underlying paintjob but the car seemed unfinished. You had all the decals located around the middle of the car and the nose and tail of the car completely barren. just seemed unbalanced.

In the end it was a very close run thing between XGT and Sting.

The Winner

LMESFerrari360SeleniaV3.gif

Just pipped XGT's entry i think the attention to the minor details is what sealed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back