Boston Bombing, Boston Marathon April 15th

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 1,061 comments
Bram Turismo
Which is my point. All this drama around the terroristic attack. I understand it, and I feel sorry for everyone involved. But the explosion in Texas has happened in the shadow of the bombing in Boston. This while, let's face it and be honest here, the situation in Texas is far worse then it is in Boston.

They already made a Texas thread look around.

Which is my point. All this drama around the terroristic attack. I understand it, and I feel sorry for everyone involved. But the explosion in Texas has happened in the shadow of the bombing in Boston. This while, let's face it and be honest here, the situation in Texas is far worse then it is in Boston.

My brother and I were talking about this last night. And I agree with you.

The Bombings and the manhunt have made headline news pretty much every day this week here in the UK, i have to say its been extraordinary to watch, ive been watching it whilst shaking my head in disbelief!

...ive also been hugely impressed with the way the Boston police and FBI went about the manhunt as well...a job very well executed 👍

My deepest condolences to you Caz, stay strong buddy...

Jeff made his first facebook post since the incident.
To quote
"Think they can get me that easily...?"
Stay positive my friend.

And thank you musc.

You cannot terrorize the u.s., we rally around ourselves, pick each other up and get on with it. We will support our police, gov etc right or wrong.

The event is troubling to me and I'd like to understand more so we could grow into a world where this sort of thing is even more rare then it is(which is rare already)

Caz
Bram, why are you bringing texas up here when you havent even posted in that thread. Ill admit neither have I, but i have been concerned with the tragedy in my own back yard.

Oh, I'm aware that it has its own thread. But I'm not talking about GTP's coverage on the event. I'm talking about how the media is handling it. I was watching the news over here, they spent 5 minutes talking about that they've caught the guy and interviewing people how happy they were. Then they go "Oh, and in Texas where there is an even bigger tragedy, people have lost their homes due to a chemical plant which has been warned in the past about its safety violations, some people have died."

I'm just disgusted how some of the media are dramatizing the event in Boston, and then only spend a minute to talk about the victims in Texas.

Forgive me if I seem as if I'm belittling the suffering inflicted by the explosion in Texas, but the explosion is Texas was an accident. When it comes down to it, it's a case of criminal negligence at worst (unless the evidence proves otherwise). On the other hand, the bombings in Boston were terrorist attacks. Events like these are bound to generate much more media attention.

Oh, I'm aware that it has its own thread. But I'm not talking about GTP's coverage on the event. I'm talking about how the media is handling it. I was watching the news over here, they spent 5 minutes talking about that they've caught the guy and interviewing people how happy they were. Then they go "Oh, and in Texas where there is an even bigger tragedy, people have lost their homes due to a chemical plant which has been warned in the past about its safety violations, some people have died."

I'm just disgusted how some of the media are dramatizing the event in Boston, and then only spend a minute to talk about the victims in Texas.

Do you expect the media to show some smoking ruins or a massive manhunt involving the entirety of Boston's finest, the FBI, and the Mass State police?

Respect to the families involved in both tragedies, but what did you expect, really?

Dramatizing? Boston is indeed a more dramatic even as it was an attack, rather then an accident, it's expected to get more media attention based on that.

Both are horrible things and my condolences go to everyone unwillingly involved in both situations, but how can you expect an accident to get more media attention then a diliberate attack in the U.S.

Might already have been shared but:
BIUVFffCcAE438T.jpg:large

Both are horrible things and my condolences go to everyone unwillingly involved in both situations, but how can you expect an accident to get more media attention then a diliberate attack in the U.S.

When more people die. But apparently the death numbers have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Dean J
Might already have been shared but:

What is stupid to me about this whole man hunt.

Why did they not bring one of those police helicopters out the night before. Don't say they didn't have it or they didn't have time. They could have easily found him the night before.

Or they could have gotten one of the 100 or so drones that fly to do surveillance around the US. They could have brought one over to fly over to find him.

You know it is what it is. You know I had a talk with a friend of mine just outside the Boston area. He was telling me this whole dragged out manhunt is a prime example of Martial Law in effect. I do agree with him on a bit of it. But the reason i do is because of stupid crap like they just last night said "hummmm thermal imaging might help". All i have to say about them just realizing that last night is BULL CRAP

They could have easily found him the night before.

Or they could have gotten one of the 100 or so drones that fly to do surveillance around the US. They could have brought one over to fly over to find him.

[...] because of stupid crap like they just last night said "hummmm thermal imaging might help". All i have to say about them just realizing that last night is BULL CRAP

I can only agree with you.

Some'll say, this was planned by the government; which could be a reason for the length. (I'm not saying it was!) But one thing still questions me, "why?".

When more people die. But apparently the death numbers have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's sad how its carried out, but this is always how it's been with news stations. An attack in the U.S is going to come before an accident in the U.S.

Also, don't understand the need for the sarcasm. I did not say one is more/less important then the other.

Last edited:
Dean J
I can only agree with you.

Some'll say, this was planned by the government; which could be a reason for the length. (I'm not saying it was!) But one thing still questions me, "why?".

Same here. I didn't actually wonder until I talked to him. But he was telling me that the part where they shut down a huge city. Then told people not to come out of there homes. Then even just searched there homes (sure with good reason). This could have been dragged out to see what the public sector reaction was to Martial Law (of course with them not saying it is).

Just makes me wonder what would have happened if someone actually said no to them wanting to come into their home. Or came out side.

I mean don't get me wrong I am not a conspiracy theorists. But i believe in proof. And something just doesn't add up.

They have a bigger plan in mind for the future.

What is stupid to me about this whole man hunt.

Why did they not bring one of those police helicopters out the night before. Don't say they didn't have it or they didn't have time. They could have easily found him the night before.

You know it is what it is. You know I had a talk with a friend of mine just outside the Boston area. He was telling me this whole dragged out manhunt is a prime example of Martial Law in effect. I do agree with him on a bit of it. But the reason i do is because of stupid crap like they just last night said "hummmm thermal imaging might help". All i have to say about them just realizing that last night is BULL CRAP
Thermal imaging isn't some magic snooping tool, you have to know where to point it. Flying over a hole city full of inhabitants and finding one hiding in a boat is not an easy method.

It's in no way comparable to looking for a body on an ocean or ski slope as generally there's far fewer heat signatures to distinguish against.

The mayor of Boston is suggesting that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's throat injuries are so severe that police may never get the chance to question him. He's the only one saying that at the moment, and it does sound to me like he's preparing the people of Boston for an outcome where they will never get answers to their questions - but it wouldn't surprise me if he is too injured to speak.

Let's hope not! Sadly, I think you're right if it is true, that this (and the 9/11 attacks) was planned by the government.

You vastly over-rate the ability of the government to plan, prepare for and execute a complex plot which involves training "fake terrorists", planting them on planes and allowing hundreds of witnesses on each plane, dozens of which then report the incident with cellphones, to see said "fake terrorists" in action and to report such to their relatives and friends, and to ensure your "fake terrorists" will happily agree to commit to a suicide attack... and then get a real terrorist organization to take credit for the attacks.*

-

And you vastly underestimate the ability of said real terrorist organization to simply tell some guys they'll go to paradise if they kill thousands of heathen, pay for their flight training, and let them simply get on planes and crash them into things.

*Because the easiest way to make people think that an airplane has crashed into a building, causing it to collapse, is to hit a building with an airplane, causing it to collapse. The other option involves building several fake airliners, simultaneously redirecting the real flights to areas unknown, hiring dozens of fake voice actors to supplant the "callers" on each flight, or instead paying each caller millions to fake their own deaths, planting hundreds of millions of dollars of explosives in the World Trade Center, and keeping the tens of thousands of witnesses and support personnel involved in this take completely silent, or paying for the separate disposal of all those bodies.

The best plans are often the simplest ones. Simple plan, get on a plane, hijack it with knives, lock the cabin door, crash it. Finis.

Last edited:
Thermal imaging isn't some magic snooping tool, you have to know where to point it. Flying over a hole city full of inhabitants and finding one hiding in a boat is not an easy method.

It's in no way comparable to looking for a body on an ocean or ski slope as generally there's far fewer heat signatures to distinguish against.

Not to mention looking into the head island.

will make it pretty much useless.

Make him write the stuff down.
I'm pretty sure there are laws against that. It's much more difficult to recant something that you have put into writing, and the law is unclear on precisely what can be admitted and under which circumstances. And if Tsarnaev is being interrogated with his lawyer present, there's a whole minefield of possibilities relating to attorney-client privelige.

Latest Posts

Back