BPR Global GT- Season 1 - Sign Ups Open!

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 312 comments
I don't know but, the posting is going to be postponed. Gotta go to work. Hopefully I can get them up tonight haha. Warning: It's gonna be a long post. xD

I don't know but, the posting is going to be postponed. Gotta go to work. Hopefully I can get them up tonight haha. Warning: It's gonna be a long post. xD

I don't care. I just wanna see the pics! Lol.

I'll do some in a bit also, for fun. Probably just a few.

After all it's the last time you see me behind the wheel of a VW for a while. At least until I find a cabrio in good condition and I have some cash...

Okay, I apologize in advance for the length of this post. But I took some good pictures and I wanted to share them all with you guys. After all it was a fun race!

This is more like a race report. I tried to summarize the race and show some of the highlights. Enjoy! And for those of you thinking of joining, JOIN!!!

fujispeedwaygtg.jpg

This was the lineup on the pace lap. gta, Condogg, Mockingbird, daibaspeed, and Jonerz.

fujispeedwaygt1.jpg

And the race is on! By the way, gta, the pace lap speed limit is 62 miles per hour. So try to adhere to that rule and we'll get a closer start next time.

fujispeedwaygt2.jpg

The first corner of the race, and so far everything was going well. The field was already separated though, because of the pace lap speed differences.

fujispeedwaygt4k.jpg

At the rear of the field, the drivers were pushing hard.

fujispeedwaygt5r.jpg

By the end of the first lap, I had cut down gta's starting gap significantly.

fujispeedwaygt6.jpg

daibaspeed continued to push hard and challenge Mockingbird for position.

fujispeedwaygt7.jpg

This was to be the first of many drafting overtakes in the raging battle between gta and myself.

fujispeedwaygt8.jpg

Strangely enough, gta never defended the inside line. Instead, he would take a wider, but faster line and drag race me to the next corner :)

fujispeedwaygt9.jpg

As shown here.

fujispeedwaygt10.jpg

gta makes a ballsy move up the inside. Boy, those cars look good.

fujispeedwaygt12.jpg

Things got pretty cozy during that pass.

fujispeedwaygt14.jpg

daibaspeed, in the f40, challenges Mockingbird, in the VW Nardo, after Mockingbird went off track in a cloud of smoke.

fujispeedwaygt16.jpg

After rear-ending daibaspeed hard, Jonerz makes it past with minor damage to his front left corner.

fujispeedwaygt17.jpg

gta artfully demonstrates the Ford GT's road-hugging abilities as he repasses me on the outside.

fujispeedwaygt18.jpg

A flash of red is seen in pit lane as daibaspeed finally limps into the pits after being on the receiving end of a Porsche Punt.

fujispeedwaygt19.jpg

gta tries a bold move at the start of the third sector, but can't quite make it stick through the next few corners.

fujispeedwaygt24.jpg

Sadly, the Ford GT's ability does have a limit. During a brave charge around the outside, gta loses it when he hits the grass. And our battle came to an end :(

fujispeedwaygt26.jpg

The F40 is definitely in my top ten.

fujispeedwaygt27.jpg

After a slight spin on lap 12, daibaspeed waits for myself and gta to pass before rejoining the track safely.

fujispeedwaygt28g.jpg

Jonerz spent most of his race with a damaged front left corner.

fujispeedwaygt32.jpg

After a quick pit stop and a splash of fuel, gta returns to a clear track, maintaining his second place position.

fujispeedwaygt33.jpg

I box on lap 17 for tires only.

fujispeedwaygt35.jpg

Mockingbird's Nardo was a hellbeast on the straights! At this point, lap 18, he's in 3rd place.

fujispeedwaygt37.jpg

Jonerz missed his braking point and collided hard with Mockingbird on lap 23, causing damage to both players.

fujispeedwaygt38.jpg

I think Mockingbird's off here was due to heavy braking load with a damaged rear right corner from his earlier collision with Jonerz.

fujispeedwaygt39.jpg

After I passed gta for the last time, my race was basically a hotlap challenge. Me against the clock.

fujispeedwaygt40.jpg

Uh oh! Looks like Mockingbird has beached his VW! With two laps to go!

fujispeedwaygt41.jpg

After 56 minutes of racing, I crossed the finish line first with a lead of 27 seconds.

fujispeedwaygt42.jpg

gta finished second, mockingbird finished third with the fastest lap, and daibaspeed came home in fourth.

Hopefully next time or race organizer won't sleep in ;) Other than that everything went great. We need to observe the pace lap speed limit, and if you miss your braking point, do not try to pass. Do whatever you can to avoid hitting the others! Thanks guys. I hope you all enjoyed my profusely long recap :)

Thanks for the pictures Condogg! Yeah sorry about sleeping in, however I'd like the next 2 preseason races to be at normal race time (check the OP) to get us in the groove for the season.

I'm kinda not surprised about the MP4-12C keeping up with the Ford GT. It might be GT2 and have 100hp less but it's also ~80kg lighter too. This is the sort of thing I'm hoping for in this series :D

@ Mitch

I was surprised of its performance. That goes to show power doesn't always succeed.

@ ConDogg

Sorry about my speed on the pace lap being high. And it was nice battling between you and me. It tested me on defending my position, which is where I need to improve on, esp. when I touched the grass and started skidding.

Last edited:
@ Mitch

I was surprised of its performance. That goes to show power doesn't always succeed.

Bit like the real BPR where lighter and less powerful GT2 cars were beating some heavier and more powerful GT1's. That said the MP4-12C could be the car to beat in GT2.

My damage was very severe after that RUF got me. :(
All but my front right wheel was damaged. Also when I let you guys pass, did I spin? I remember hitting the wall on the straight. My OCD activated and I had to flick the R knob right and left an equal amount of times. Thus I lost control and my rear right wheel went into the wall on the straight after the first corner. I need to cure this OCD... good race overall though. 👍
I'm afraid of Tokyo though, expect me in the back. :scared:

Hmm I didn't have any issues with you. By the way if you're damaged moving out of the way makes sense but I think I scared the Ferrari driver (forget who it was) by flicking my lights. Think he thought I was asking him to move but that isn't really a fair thing to do with the field mixed as it is.

So in the future if I'm flicking lights it just means I'm making you aware I'm going to attempt a pass and just letting you know I'm nearby. Doesn't mean you have to abandon the race line into corners.

Wait... aren't you the Nardo driver? Standards can't use their high beams. And I'm the Ferrari driver. I started messing up due to my little sister being a pain in the 🤬. So I sent her upstairs. :sly:

P.S. I'm the F40 driver. :)

Oh well then I don't know lol. Could have been you but actually I feel like it might've been jonesy or whoever the other gt2 guy was.

If it was red, it was me. Are you the Nardo driver? If you are, then I know what you are talking about.

Yeah I was. So I totally misinterpreted what was going on. Thought I accidentally made you give up a spot by flashing but apparently you couldn't even see that lol.

The standards don't have working headlights (other than when it goes dark or you're racing at Nurburgring) so flashing them won't do anything.

I'm not gonna be able to race this weekend. I'll be out of town. In case you want to know, I'll be at the Quail in Carmel, California. Some of you may have heard of it :) Have a good race!!

The Speed 12 is terrifying. I was wondering why it kept taking so long to respond in corners, then I turned off TCS and talk about torque oversteer!

Though it still doesn't fix the suspension/body understeer. But wow I think I wet my pants driving the thing.

So far my fastest times have been with the Nardo. as much as I'd rather not admit it I might be sticking with the VW...

So out of this list what do you guys think:

VW Nardo: spinning speed monster with tons of oversteer and tons of throttle babysitting

TVR SPEED 12: torque rocket of death with considerable understeer (unless you're slamming the gas through corners)

Audi R8: middle-of-the-road with okay handling and okay speed but slides off the line in corners constantly (not sure why)

Murcielago: Good all around but something feels lacking, perhaps in the acceleration department. 4wd helps though.

I'm getting the best times with the Nardo now that I'm more used to it but there are several issues, including that once it starts raining I'm completely out of contention, and that tire wear is terrifying and exhausting to keep constant track of (turning dynamics go from hairy to deadly very fast).

The other cars I got within a second or so of the Nardo's time at Fuji (about 1:35.3xx) but no better. The closest second I'd say was the R8, then the Speed 12.

Last edited:
The R8 is consistent in my view. It's easy to modulate and very predictable. As long as you have some good turn in I think its the best, but not the fastest.

EDIT- I did some quick practice runs at FUJI and Nurb GP/F- I'd say the times set by the R390 are very competitive. If my pace in practice carried over to the race I think I'd be in good shape to challenge GT1.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back