<- BTCC-4 -> - SEASON COMPLETE - Strawman__Andy is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,917 comments
Used inter tires... We race with so little water that the track dries so fast that if there wasn't a mandatory pit i could try to run on softs all race. In my test by 4th lap u can be running on softs....

Last edited:
Used inter tires... We race with so little water that the track dries so fast that if there wasn't a mandatory pit i could try to run on softs all race. In my test by 4th lap u can be running on softs....

Maybe it's worthwhile raising the water to 100% at track reset.

If Monza is voted back for next season, I think I will have the settings at max. surface water and constant heavy rain.

Last edited:
Spa has been moved forward one week and swapped with Indy Road Course.

If we have the numbers for Spa, and it is a double-points endurance race, the sprint race at the beginning will be dropped, and we will have just the one 60-minute race. The finale at Laguna Seca will then be 3 rounds to make up for it. That would be juicy... also, I might add a changeable weather element to the enduro.

Of course if there is no enduro then it will be the standard 2x20min races (in the dry) at both Spa and Laguna Seca.

Last edited:
When will we know for sure about Spa? Is it a voting or your decision?

I'd say by the Monday before the race I'd need to know if anyone is going to be missing. Last minute drop outs can't be helped but I would need to know. If it's 9 or less then the enduro won't happen.

No votes or anything, it's simply a case of how many can make it.

I'd say by the Monday before the race I'd need to know if anyone is going to be missing. Last minute drop outs can't be helped but I would need to know. If it's 9 or less then the enduro won't happen.

No votes or anything, it's simply a case of how many can make it.

Ok sorry was confused - wasn't sure if I had to put an opinion or something.:lol: I'm gonna be there for sure I can confirm that if it helps.👍

how is this gona work then, i missed last seasons monza race.

do we only start when the surface water drops to between 50-60%? or just whenever we're all ready?

EDIT: Nevermind looks like i'll probably miss this one, just found out i'll be going offshore. If i'm not online by 6:30 pm then assume i won't be racing

Last edited:
ASAP really, so it's really important you guys are prompt tomorrow - I will reset track at 7.10 latest, and if you're not there by then I will not be waiting for you. No exceptions tomorrow because of the wet settings 👍

I will reset track at 100% surface water, and as we do checks/grid the figure will drop (quite quickly). We'll go when the water drops to around 70-80% I think... makes the wet part of the race longer 👍

Also, Corsa Cup test race after BTCC - I have one more spare if anyone needs one :)

Last edited:
Can I advise all drivers to be extra careful in the first couple of laps today (and especially into Turn 1)... it will be very wet so there is an increased risk of crashes - the wet conditions won't be an excuse! 👍

----------------

Since we're at the half-way point of this season, I shall be beginning to reveal the Season 5 car list gradually from now on until the end of the season. So far there are 11 different cars involved, and I will reveal the first 3 today 👍

(See new page >)

Last edited:
Can I advise all drivers to be extra careful in the first couple of laps today (and especially into Turn 1)... it will be very wet so there is an increased risk of crashes - the wet conditions won't be an excuse! 👍

----------------

Since we're at the half-way point of this season, I shall be beginning to reveal the Season 5 car list gradually from now on until the end of the season. So far there are 11 different cars involved, from 8 different manufacturers. I will reveal the first 3 today, with 2 more coming each week 👍 Specs are not confirmed, and won't be until pre-season test racing.

Ford.png

----

BMW2.png

----

Honda2.png

----

Thanks to Strawman Andy for the info photos 👍

8 cars remaining...

----

^ Your getting more like Furi by the day.:D:P

:sly:

Last edited:
Yeh it is good racing with these cars , sad to see such a low number of racers . You would think we would have a dedicated 14 at least .

Doubt its the cars or the series itself more a case of a dwindling format in GT5.:indiff: The amount of people ive read mentioning a lack of motivation lately seems more and more common:grumpy: Anyway av fun later.👍

Can someone remind me of the following things?:

- Are you allowed to use racing rain tyres?

- What is the track wetness (%) at the start of the race?

Doubt its the cars or the series itself more a case of a dwindling format in GT5.:indiff: The amount of people ive read mentioning a lack of motivation lately seems more and more common:grumpy: Anyway av fun later.👍

Indeed, I reckon BTCC, in its current guise, will have maybe 1 or 2 seasons left in the tank, before perhaps we might need to move on to one-off BTCC events, or little 3/5-round BTCC mini-series. The one-make support cups can also be done some more.

There's the new cars for next season, and I may potentially ban aero for the season after that, and then there's not really a lot new I can do with it, apart from maybe changing the race format (longer races, or 3 races etc), or altering the cars to fit in new ones that have always been too slow for these specs. That said, I don't wanna spend too much time testing if there's not gonna be enough interest to show the results.

Of course if the interest stays high then I'll continue with BTCC as it is, but it seems there are fewer people who can last the whole 10 weeks these days. I might shorten next season to 8 weeks, and see if that helps keep people on.

Can someone remind me of the following things?:

- Are you allowed to use racing rain tyres?

- What is the track wetness (%) at the start of the race?

Yes. But Sports:Soft tyres are the only dry compounds allowed. Use Racing dries and you will be disqualified.

Hopefully 70-80%, the more the better, depending on how quickly checks and grid are completed. Pray for no DC's tonight! :nervous: The track will be reset at 100% and allowed to fall during that time.

Last edited:
Back