<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats to skengdigi for passing 100 race finishes in the BTCC series. 👍 :cheers:

If everyone dropped a score:

1. skengdigi - 251
2. Red_Leader - 239
3. PleaseD1e - 232
4. Strawman__Andy - 210
5. canyondrifter - 210
6. rolo912011 - 163

Speaking of drop scores.. anyone who hasn't yet had one will lose their worst score after next week, setting us up for the finale at Tokyo 👍 :drool:

A wild mosendtner has appear! Were did he come from in championship, and i may beat you after drops yet rolo... I'm 115 with drops :)

It's looking bleak for the 2 romeos Atm brendon, if only there were drop scores for teams,

I'm regretting why I missed daytona :-(

It will be a good battle between me and Scaniabebe tho. Our drop scores are set, and I'll be trying to catching up

OUCH THAT BURNS LIKE LAVA :rolleyes:

I get what he meant so you shouldn't take it personally.

We all have our limits and if you aim to say get a top 5 when you usually end up in the lower half of the field that's "aiming high". It's how people improve by aiming to do something they haven't been able to before.

As it continues if you achieve your goal you set a new one, like a top 3 as a continuation of the top 5 goal. It snowballs until you are looking at a first win etc, it's a good mentality to have 👍.

I get what he meant so you shouldn't take it personally.

We all have our limits and if you aim to say get a top 5 when you usually end up in the lower half of the field that's "aiming high". It's how people improve by aiming to do something they haven't been able to before.

As it continues if you achieve your goal you set a new one, like a top 3 as a continuation of the top 5 goal. It snowballs until you are looking at a first win etc, it's a good mentality to have 👍.

Well said .... I didn't mean to offend anyone by that...

Yeah Paul hit the nail on the head with that one. ;) It's good to have a goal, I do it all the time, sometimes I achieve them and on occassions I fail. :lol: At Daytona, my aim was to finish in the top 6 which doesn't sound too difficult to some people, but for me using a wheel I though that it was a good/reasonable target.

Targets can help you improve as a driver, but don't set the bar too high.

I'm not looking forward to SSR5, street tracks can become a crash fest, I preffer a real track with run-off areas and better lines of sight around the corners. For that reason I'm not expecting much here, a podium in one of the races is the best that I can hope for really. I think that Rob will dominate this one again, if he can cut through the field and the Fords should be strong too, in my opinion they are the best handling FF on the track. The Alfa will have fun on the start finish straight but it's a long lap.

I love ssr5 cant wait for this one , just looking for good pts dont think rob can be beat here .

well im at 1:33 at the mo...and that's nearly all I got...looks like red has got this one in the bag...nevermind...it will still be a good race I think...

Well said .... I didn't mean to offend anyone by that...

i was just messing around do not take it seriously guys!

btw is anyone has a couple mins to look at my braking points and racing lines on last race i would be grateful... i had the feeling i was braking later than most other drivers and accelerating earlier yet i was that off-pace...

i won't leave the championship but i hope to at least understand what is so wrong in the llast races with my car.

Just for your benefit next time, your post didn't scream "messing around". So you might want to try harder next time :sly:.

i was just messing around do not take it seriously guys!

btw is anyone has a couple mins to look at my braking points and racing lines on last race i would be grateful... i had the feeling i was braking later than most other drivers and accelerating earlier yet i was that off-pace...

i won't leave the championship but i hope to at least understand what is so wrong in the llast races with my car.

I'd love to help us out but I've only got race 1s replay....but if your about during the day I'd happily do some testing runs with you at SS 5....add me and let's see if we can't see what's goin on...

I'll try my best to be around. :) in any case it was so weird seeing other cars pull away while i was in their draft just out of a corner

Haven't lapped on ssr5 yet, what are good times there?

At daytona early braking and getting on the throttle later to reduce understeer was how i drove that in field section

At daytona early braking and getting on the throttle later to reduce understeer was how i drove that in field section

I have to brake early but that's because the alfas brakes are made of poo but my tactic for lessening the wheelspin was in my gearing...by extending my ratio so I only used 6th to overtake I didn't really have any wheelspin out of the hair pins...kinda like up shifting to 3rd rather than use 2nd but not quite so severe

I just threw caution to the wind and went for it. :lol: Braking that little bit earlier generally equalled a better corner exit and therefore more speed down the straight.

Is it to late to join in on this?

Play alot with canyondrifter and PleaseD1e and all they go on about is this BTCC thing.
I am not that new to the forum but not really had time to look at it.

Plus my work means it not a good time for me, just like this Thursday.
But I maybe able to jig my sleep round to make it, next Thursday should be ok.

Just I work nights shifts 7 on 3 off 7 on 4 off, plus have a morning job Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

So I guess Thursday and the time never going to be great for me, but could I at least try and take part?

Not the best driver out there as canyondrifter and PleaseD1e pee all over me out there on the track lol.
But I'll play by the rules and I be in the BMW if that's all ok with you lot.

Pm me host of the game or add me in psn user name same as on here

Hi Mad, I wondered whether you'd find your way here. Rolo is the leader of the BTCC so he will need to add you. Although your work is a pain, I'm sure that Rolo would have you as a substitute and you can join in when there is room. Check out post 1 on the first page.

Well I looked at race 1 replay...the biggest thing I could see was your gearing was way too low or close for that track. If it had been me I would have used 3rd gear thru those hairpins ...use the torque of the motor not the rpm....Lengthening the gears would have calmed down your wheelspin out of the corners and given you better drive ...not to mention a higher overall top speed down the back straight....but that's just my oppinion

Thaks for your time canion! How much do you think my gearing would have taken from me in my times? A few tenths, half a sec or more? Or no clue? :D

I'm asking because i want to understand how far i was in pure driving, and i hope to be able to get back to competitiveness. I'm trying hard to hold on toghether and not surrender lol :D

Is it to late to join in on this?

Play alot with canyondrifter and PleaseD1e and all they go on about is this BTCC thing.
I am not that new to the forum but not really had time to look at it.

Plus my work means it not a good time for me, just like this Thursday.
But I maybe able to jig my sleep round to make it, next Thursday should be ok.

Just I work nights shifts 7 on 3 off 7 on 4 off, plus have a morning job Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

So I guess Thursday and the time never going to be great for me, but could I at least try and take part?

Not the best driver out there as canyondrifter and PleaseD1e pee all over me out there on the track lol.
But I'll play by the rules and I be in the BMW if that's all ok with you lot.

Pm me host of the game or add me in psn user name same as on here

Sure, sign up. Reserve in a BMW. Got it 👍

Bad news (for me). Not going to be able to make SSR5 this week. Just been invited to something that I really can't get out of. Gutted because I was looking forward to this one. I'll be back for the season finale though.

I know. Typical it would happen on a week where the track is highly favourable. I've actually suspected for a while that i might end up missing a race towards the end but didn't want to tempt fate by saying anything. Shame this thing isn't next week with R246 being a lot more 50/50 power/handling. No bother.

Bad news (for me). Not going to be able to make SSR5 this week. Just been invited to something that I really can't get out of. Gutted because I was looking forward to this one. I'll be back for the season finale though.

Awww that's horrible news....I was really looking forward to battling it out with you....especially after I set that time...I looked at the race replay and it was as near as damnit a perfect lap...so it's repeatable...Lol...

Awww that's horrible news....I was really looking forward to battling it out with you....especially after I set that time...I looked at the race replay and it was as near as damnit a perfect lap...so it's repeatable...Lol...
If I could get out of doing this thing I would. But I really can't. Yep, very similar pace. Would have been a close one.

Back