<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SkengD
Thats fine add me and send when u can

Cool, I have spare dlc paint or is there any particular colour you want it painted?

Is there anyone else who needs a car? I can send the following car on Sunday, (I have all cars available to send)

Must just be my tune with the crossfire then; from what you guys are saying it must have been very competitive, especially since it got a weight increase.

Must just be my tune with the crossfire then; from what you guys are saying it must have been very competitive, especially since it got a weight increase.
Needs to be tested more at 1450 but I felt it was already a good bit faster than the BMW at the same weight after only a 20min basic tune. With a flipped transmission and better suspension settings it would have been even faster still. rolo has already said if any go too far the other way they will be pegged back so we just need to test a bit more to find out. No need to worry yet.

And I don't know how people are testing the FR cars but I would recommend a low rear wing setting. Like 5-10. I ran most of last season at 5, sometimes 7. Go too high and it will understeer at speed. Also with being not as fast as the FFs in a straight line you can't really afford to run them too draggy. But I guess it's personal preference.

Well that was a good nights testing, am looking foward to racing with you guys.
I'm thinking that the BMW will be the best choice for me so i would like to change to one please? Me and my brother do want to run a same car team if we can but will check with him tomorrow if he wants one too.
Also one other change will be our team name (as it no longer fits to the car) i am thinking 1066 Racing will be fitting to where we are :).

OK well there's only one BMW space left so you'll have to consider that. You are allowed to run different cars in a team. I'll note the name change 👍

Rolo, sorry about the bump I gave you on Fuji F, I didn't hit the brakes early enough but I'll blame you for selecting the wrong track. Doh! :lol:

Yeah, my bad :ouch:

I thought the Mazda was impressive from what I saw. Even more so if only a 5 cogger.

Needs more running (a lot more really), but it really isn't a bad machine once you're used to it.

Is madrid still on the calendar or will it be changed ?

I'll run through the replay to see how it went crash-wise. It looked alright at the time however - few crashes in the early laps but I think people just need to be careful and wary in the first couple of laps there.

Points from last night up soon. I'll include Fastest Laps, Race 2 Pole and Lead Laps.

Silvestro Lamborghini Memorial Trophy Points:

1. canyondrifter - 42
  2. hurleyman24 - 41
  3. rolo912011 - 36
  4. gedi69 - 31
  5. Red_Leader - 30
  6. PleaseD1e - 28
  7. skengdigi - 24
  8. TheOldStig - 19
  9. karsten_beoulve - 16
  10. P1K3Y_M1K3Y - 15
  11. Weezy_7 - 9
  12. Mrbrendon999 - 8
  13. Dj_Repetition - 6

OK well after discussions we are just going to stick with the Infiniti and work on it to get a better set-up and see how we go. :)

It is with great Pleasure and pride that i confere to canyondrifter, the winner of the first Silvestro Lamborghini Trophy his prize:

z59d.jpg

I hope there will be other Races dedicated to Silvestro as i'm sure all the other drivers will be wishing to get such a marvelous badge in their trophy list :)

Thanks to all who raced and gave a thought to him, i'll miss him forever.

Cheer up hurleyman24; this time you lose the prize by a single point, but you might win next silvestro's meeting ;)

karsten

Really? Sounds like you know something we don't. Not actually tried the 350GT yet but on paper they're identical. I'd be surprised if they were different tbh.
Well I maxed both and one had a slightly higher torque figure, but it was only 0.? different. Perhaps I had done something different/wrong, but at the time I was convinced that one had a stronger engine. Sometimes GT5 lacks consistency, so I wouldn't be too shocked if they were a tiny bit different from one another. I would certainly suggest trying both just incase.

Needs to be tested more at 1450 but I felt it was already a good bit faster than the BMW at the same weight after only a 20min basic tune. With a flipped transmission and better suspension settings it would have been even faster still. rolo has already said if any go too far the other way they will be pegged back so we just need to test a bit more to find out. No need to worry yet.

And I don't know how people are testing the FR cars but I would recommend a low rear wing setting. Like 5-10. I ran most of last season at 5, sometimes 7. Go too high and it will understeer at speed. Also with being not as fast as the FFs in a straight line you can't really afford to run them too draggy. But I guess it's personal preference.

Think I just need to spend a bit more time on the set-up.

I haven't had anywhere near as much time to run the crossfire as I did with the Alfa before the start-of the season.

Sorry Rob i forgot to send my brother the Infiniti yesterday, am doing that now so im afraid you will have to wait till tomorrow again but i will send as promised :)

Silvestro Lamborghini Memorial Trophy Points:

1. canyondrifter - 42
  2. hurleyman24 - 41
  3. rolo912011 - 36
  4. gedi69 - 31
  5. Red_Leader - 30
  6. PleaseD1e - 28
  7. skengdigi - 24
  8. TheOldStig - 19
  9. karsten_beoulve - 16
  10. P1K3Y_M1K3Y - 15
  11. Weezy_7 - 9
  12. Mrbrendon999 - 8
  13. Dj_Repetition - 6

omg I won that? wow that's cool...I honestly didn't think I was fast enough

It is with great Pleasure and pride that i confere to canyondrifter, the winner of the first Silvestro Lamborghini Trophy his prize:

z59d.jpg

I hope there will be other Races dedicated to Silvestro as i'm sure all the other drivers will be wishing to get such a marvelous badge in their trophy list :)

Thanks to all who raced and gave a thought to him, i'll miss him forever.

Cheer up hurleyman24; this time you lose the prize by a single point, but you might win next silvestro's meeting ;)

karsten
thank you Karsten and congratulations to everyone who took part for a great night

Do you mind sharing your crossfire set-up Red???
I would but I gave it to Karsten :dunce: It was nothing special. I could definitely do a better job but ask him if you like. pikey_mikey was supposed to send me a crossfire but hasn't yet. Soon as he does I'll build another.

Still waiting for the Axela from Karsten too. That was the deal.

ROB 256R
pikey_mikey was supposed to send me a crossfire but hasn't yet. Soon as he does I'll build another.

I can send u a stock MAZDA and/or the crossfire if u want?

Currently doing low 18's high 17's on Suzuka. The car is feeling good now and the few tweaks it had the other day have helped.

I raced against someone in a Focus that was to the specs and it seemed fairly even.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I believed that the Nissan and Infiniti were slightly different.....Well I can confirm the following:

Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03: 305BHP/4500RPM + 50.2kgfm
Infinit G35 Coupe '03: 305BHP/5100RPM + 50.6kgfm

The difference is only slight but if the engine isn't identical I'd be surprised if the chassis is. Oh and both cars had a good engine/oil. ;)

Last edited:
Oh man I love the Alfa, dunno what weezy put in it, it feels like a FR with no oversteer, he sure knows how to setup a car well, i did a 2.17.5 and I can still see room for improvement,
this is where I think the Alfa offers more than the Focus cus I can clearly see where I can cut off some lap time and what ive gotta do to improve on each section of the track so all I have to work on is being at the right place at the right time due to the alfa being very responsive whereas the Focus felt numb in the rear when turning in, or maybe it was just my driving style or a bad setup I had last season

Thanks for the Alfa weezy ur a tuning weez-ard!

Last edited:
Oh man I love the Alfa, dunno what weezy put in it, it feels like a FR with no oversteer, he sure knows how to setup a car well, i did a 2.17.5 and I can still see room for improvement,
this is where I think the Alfa offers more than the Focus cus I can clearly see where I can cut off some lap time and what ive gotta do to improve on each section of the track so all I have to work on is being at the right place at the right time due to the alfa being very responsive whereas the Focus felt numb in the rear when turning in, or maybe it was just my driving style or a bad setup I had last season

Thanks for the Alfa weezy ur a tuning weez-ard!

That's a good time there stiggy...yeah the alfa is a great lil car looks like I need to re visit my setup as im a touch off that time...oh well as they say...back to the drawing boards...lol

I would but I gave it to Karsten :dunce: It was nothing special. I could definitely do a better job but ask him if you like. pikey_mikey was supposed to send me a crossfire but hasn't yet. Soon as he does I'll build another.

When you get another crossfire, can you take it round Cape Ring South and let me know what times you can get.

It was a good car for FR last season; but i'm not able to get anywhere near the lap times I was able to set in the Alfa. At best I could do 1:21.9xx but more usually 1:22.2xx-1:22.4xx.

Best I've managed so far in the crossfire is 1:22.7xx but normally at 1:23.0xx.

May just be I've reached the limit of my ability in the FR :indiff:

damn sorry i'll get online right away and send it :dunce: i'm having so many issues lately :(

ROB 256R
Ok thanks, let me sign in later and depending on what has or hasn't been gifted to me I'll get back to you. Cheers stig.

Ur welcome, whenever you need a car, remember I always have atleast 1 available

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I believed that the Nissan and Infiniti were slightly different.....Well I can confirm the following:

Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03: 305BHP/4500RPM + 50.2kgfm
Infinit G35 Coupe '03: 305BHP/5100RPM + 50.6kgfm

The difference is only slight but if the engine isn't identical I'd be surprised if the chassis is. Oh and both cars had a good engine/oil. ;)
Yep, you're right. I think it could possibly be down to the different fuel grades used in Japan and the US. Or maybe slightly different engine maps to comply with emissions regs or something? Their body panels, lights and dimensions are identical down to the last mm so i doubt the chassis' will be different. And they make the same PP.

Interestingly, running the Nissinfiniti at the previous 1450 it wasn't possible to weight reduce more than stg.2 which meant at best you could get a 49/51 weight split. Now with it at 1400 it means you can do weight reduction stg.3 thus making it 47/53 front to rear. Which incidentally is what Ferrari condsider to be almost perfect for FR cars in order to maintain a dynamic mid-engined feel to them.

You can get the Crossfire to 47/53 too, which is what I'd recommend.

Finally got an Axela now too. Seems fine and in line with the times of the other cars I have tested. It may struggle slightly at the high speed circuits with only 5 gears but that's about it.

I'm gonna run the 330i, g35, 350gt, crossfire and Axela on Thursday but based on a little offline mess about they should all be fairly close.

When you get another crossfire, can you take it round Cape Ring South and let me know what times you can get.

It was a good car for FR last season; but i'm not able to get anywhere near the lap times I was able to set in the Alfa. At best I could do 1:21.9xx but more usually 1:22.2xx-1:22.4xx.

I will do yeah. Just done a bit of GVS offline so far.

If anyone would like someone to practice with I'm available for a while. Send me a PSN message and a friends request if you haven't added me already. :)

Me and mosen are teaming up, both with srt4.

if mo agrees we are team humberside_b/fronzini
Color to be chosen

Managed 22.0 and 21.9 in the Crossfire and G35 Respectively. They seem a good match for each other now. Not as quick as the BMW round there (21.4) but I know for a fact that had a much better tune and i am much more familiar with driving it. Axela was 22.5 I think. Slower, but you'd expect it to be round there. I think the Alfa, or your Alfa, is just a better car or has a better tune? Or it suits you more?

We should get a better idea on Thursday but I don't see anything which makes me concerned. I.e. way too fast, or way too slow.

Back