<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nissinfiniti has been dropped to 1400 for now.

Dodge could get dropped to 1220 as well, depending on tests.

As with any car, if it swings too much the other way, it will be pegged back.

----

Also, newbies, please read and familiarise yourself with ALL the series rules in the opening post.

Points for the non-championship Silvestro Lamborghini Memorial Trophy will be revealed tomorrow night hopefully. To keep things fair to those who only did 2 races (and to spice it up a little bit), I'll score it based on only your 2 best finishes (if you did all 3). If you only did 1 race, you won't be winning it, sorry :P

Sorry I had to leave early tonight guys. Is there going to be another test race next week?

Can someone send me a stock Dodge; want to give it a go 👍

Sorry I had to leave early tonight guys. Is there going to be another test race next week?

Can someone send me a stock Dodge; want to give it a go 👍

It seems there is a lot to sort out still, would people prefer to start next Thursday, or delay a week to give more practice time?

thanks to all that participated to the training/trophy :)

I'm just sad i made such a poor show off in all the 3 races T_T Mr lamborghini would have deserved better from me... oh well in any case it's my usual positions so i guess i can't complain about it

I think one more week for testing

This seems to be generally agreed with.

Season start delayed by one week (until 1st August).

Next Thursday will be another test night, similar to this week.

Chrysler up to 1450kg, Dodge down to 1220.

Car and team choice must be decided by Monday 29th July (evening time UK).

Anyone not in a team by the 29th July will be teamed up until there are only a maximum of 4 Independent entries remaining (excluding reserves).
Me and Weezy are already confirmed as Independents.

Looks like people have beat me to it, I'm desperate for a alfa setup, was thinking I should ask weezy but was unsure on if it would be the right thing to do, weezy's alfa has always performed well in races from what I've seen last season
Can you share your setup with me plz if it's alright?

Forgot to add you tonight. Add me on PSN next time you're on and i'll send you an alfa

Well that was a good nights testing, am looking foward to racing with you guys.
I'm thinking that the BMW will be the best choice for me so i would like to change to one please? Me and my brother do want to run a same car team if we can but will check with him tomorrow if he wants one too.
Also one other change will be our team name (as it no longer fits to the car) i am thinking 1066 Racing will be fitting to where we are :).

Bmw is nice but its a lot of work , you bmw drivers put in a lot of effort , kudos to you guys
That's genuinely nice to hear. Thanks.

Not sure what to choose this season. I'd quite like to make the Nissinfiniti work but it's really not got a very nice feel to it. Almost FF in it's reluctance to get the nose in to a corner (and I wasn't the only one who had problems so I doubt it was just my setup). It does seem quite tricky to find decent settings for it. Has very weird std diff values and i can't seem to find a good custom setting.

I guess we know the Focus, Alfa and BMW are all similarly good and are know quantities from last season. It's just a matter of making sure everything else fits into the same performance range and it should be a great line up. I think we are very close now with the adjustments made tonight. I will do some proper laps with the FRs this week just to make sure the G35 isn't too fast or the Xfire too slow. Also the Dodge and Mazda aswell.

Last edited:
I think the dodge will be a very good contender for the Bmw, alfa and ford, all these cars are very even in performance but have different strengths and (very few) weakness from one another, the crossfire is also a good alternative for the Bmw, however looks like the mazda and nissan/infiniti will suffer this season
ROB 256R
Not sure what to choose this season. I'd quite like to make the Nissinfiniti work but iit's really not got a very nice feel to it. Almost FF in it's reluctance to get the nose in to a corner (and I wasn't the only one who had problems so I doubt it was just my setup). It does seem quite tricky to find decent settings for it. Has very weird std diff values and i can't seem to find a good custom setting.
It sounds like a good challenge of making the nissan/infiniti work, I do have a good setup for it written down somewhere that works quite well by making it more responsive, il try and look for it for u if u want?

Thanks for the racing yesterday guys, it was fun, except for Madrid which I didn't enjoy very much. Rolo, sorry about the bump I gave you on Fuji F, I didn't hit the brakes early enough but I'll blame you for selecting the wrong track. Doh! :lol:

From what I saw on track yesterday, the Chrysler, Alfa, Ford and BMW's are all good. The Nissan seemed a little slow, but perhaps that was down to track/tune. The Mazda didn't get enough of an outing, although someone ran one on GVS and it wasn't exactly slow.

The Nissan at 1400 will help things and it needs more tuning time. I guess that the Mazda's lack of popularity is due to the gearbox, I heard someone mention that it's only a 5 speed box? Last season I was going to enter with the Skyline, but the 5-speed gearbox meant that the car felt sluggish, although some changes to the gear ratio's helped considerably.

As has been mentoned, more testing time is required for the cars and those that are tempted by a Mazda/Nissan/Chrysler will need to spend some time tuning them (assuming that they haven't already). All 3 could potentially become really good drives.

I've tried the Nissan myself. It drove okay but in comparison to my Alfa it was boring and felt slow. That said, it was also safe and predictable, unlike the Alfa which with my tune and in my hands is what can be best described as 'entertaining'. :lol: There's nothing wrong with a using a slightly slower car if you are being consistent, it's a season, not a drag race. :D

Just before I went offline last night I found a Mazda in the used car dealership, I don't need it, but I bought it anyway. So if anyone would like to try the Mazda let me know. I think that I've also got a BMW going spare and someone is in need of the Nissan/Infiniti I'd consider letting it go too.

Just a quick note to the potential Nissan/Infiniti drivers, I think that one has slightly more torque than the other (only a tiny tiny difference), so I would suggest trying both just to determine whether there are any slight differences in handling too. ;)

Id like a spare alfa if anyone has one , i always like having 2 cars for a season

Just a quick note to the potential Nissan/Infiniti drivers, I think that one has slightly more torque than the other (only a tiny tiny difference), so I would suggest trying both just to determine whether there are any slight differences in handling too. ;)
Really? Sounds like you know something we don't. Not actually tried the 350GT yet but on paper they're identical. I'd be surprised if they were different tbh.

I tried the G35 vs my BMW at GVS today. Ok so I have 4,000+ miles of testing/tuning and racing in the BMW and probably not even 300 in the G35 but I struggled to get a 2.04.706 in the G35 vs a 2.03.843 in the 330i. It was at the new specs too so 1400 for both. Will try the Xfire aswell when I get another one. Forgot and gave Karsten my only one :dunce:

I think at a power track the G35s superior straight line speed would even things up more. GVS tends to favour handling cars of which the BMW is probably top of the tree.

Last edited:
Send me an addy on psn i got a xfire you can have i you want it but i think for my setup it is now too heavy with the extra 50kgs it now feels like the infiniti did before it was reduced. I had a run with the bmw and really enjoyed it and yes i did run the mazda and it has potential for a good car but the 5spd gearbox did make it feel a bit sluggish but still seemed to keep up well.

Send me an addy on psn i got a xfire you can have i you want it but i think for my setup it is now too heavy with the extra 50kgs it now feels like the infiniti did before it was reduced. I had a run with the bmw and really enjoyed it and yes i did run the mazda and it has potential for a good car but the 5spd gearbox did make it feel a bit sluggish but still seemed to keep up well.
That'd be great, thanks 👍 I'll do it later.

I thought the Mazda was impressive from what I saw. Even more so if only a 5 cogger.

I guess this is why getting them in the same performance range is difficult. The difference between a good and bad tune could easily be ~2secs a lap.

No probs i will have to send tomorrow though as need to send my brother an infiniti today so he can stop using 06 lol

SkengD
Id like a spare alfa if anyone has one , i always like having 2 cars for a season

I can send u an alfa however it'll have to be tomorrow cus I'm sending weezy the dodge today

Thats fine add me and send when u can

Is madrid still on the calendar or will it be changed ?

Back