<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Managed 22.0 and 21.9 in the Crossfire and G35 Respectively. They seem a good match for each other now. Not as quick as the BMW round there (21.4) but I know for a fact that had a much better tune and i am much more familiar with driving it. Axela was 22.5 I think. Slower, but you'd expect it to be round there. I think the Alfa, or your Alfa, is just a better car or has a better tune? Or it suits you more?

We should get a better idea on Thursday but I don't see anything which makes me concerned. I.e. way too fast, or way too slow.

Sounds about right, I think the alfa is just a better car at the series specs.

Can you send me your tune, see if I can get anymore time outta the crossfire. I not too far off where I thought I would be in comparison to your times. I thought you would be at least 4-5 tenths faster in the same car.

Still some work for me to do then. Will stick with the crossfire anyway since i'm gonna miss at least 2, possibly 3 races.

Last edited:
Sounds about right, I think the alfa is just a better car at the series specs.

Can you send me your tune, see if I can get anymore time outta the crossfire. I not too far off where I thought I would be in comparison to your times. I thought you would be at least 4-5 tenths faster in the same car.

Still some work for me to do then. Will stick with the crossfire anyway since i'm gonna miss at least 2, possibly 3 races.
Sure, I'll send it next time I load up. Although it's just a GVS offline tune. I only adjusted the gearing to suit CRS. I was getting quite poor traction out of both hairpins and not great initial turn in. There was definitely more time (probably 4-5 tenths like you say) to be had messing with the suspension/diff. My BMW one was a much cleaner lap.

I've found that to be a problem with the crossfire as well. Turn in is horrible, which i think is the main thing hurting my lap times

hiya guys, any ideas on which tracks we will be running around on tonight during practice?
that Bmw of yours Red is well fast around CRS to be doing 121.4 compared to my alfa at 121.9 but I don't have much running time on that track so I think I have room to improve..

Anyone set any laps on suzuka yet? What times r we looking at, I'm averaging low 2.18s and high 2.17s, best lap so far: 1.17.4

I'm dreadfully slow on suzuka... A mid 1.19 my best so far... I guess i can get better after taking care of my gearing.

On the other side i expect a brilliant race from my teammate Mo :)

hiya guys, any ideas on which tracks we will be running around on tonight during practice?

I'm thinking just the one track tonight, a full run through of a normal race night to give you new guys a flavour.

Perhaps Nurb GP/D? FRs are on the agenda in testing so perhaps it would be good to run there.

Or Trial Mountain for Race 2/3, for balance.

Remember, car/team choice deadline is Monday 29th.

Me and mosen are teaming up, both with srt4.

if mo agrees we are team humberside_b/fronzini
Color to be chosen

Completely missed this, will update now.

Ford no longer full.

Sorry, I dc'd right at the end there. Any car views, or anything else, please share.

Remember, car/team selection deadline is Monday evening time, about 7pm.

Sorry, I dc'd right at the end there. Any car views, or anything else, please share.

Me too.

Crossfire - kind of messed my test of this up by changing wings last minute and forgetting to put it back to 5. Even so 1400 is perhaps more realistic because the FFs were as fast which for Nurb is a bit unusual and doesn't bode well for the power tracks.

Axela - ok as far as FFs go. definitely not the best one but reasonable at 1200. But with nurb/d being such a short track I can see it having big problems at the faster circuits with only 5 gears; Monza, HSR, Daytona Rd, SSR5, Tokyo all have huge straights. I think an extra 50kg off to account for that would be a nice gesture although it looks like no-one will run it anyway. Might tempt someone away from something else at 1150 if that's even possible?

G35 - quite hard work keeping up in this. Again maybe a bit too heavy considering it's straight line speed is well below the FFs. 1350?

I'm not planning on running any of these so suggesting weight off has no benefit to me. The opposite in fact, but fair's fair.

Me too.

Crossfire - kind of messed my test of this up by changing wings last minute and forgetting to put it back to 5. Even so 1400 is perhaps more realistic because the FFs were as fast which for Nurb is a bit unusual and doesn't bode well for the power tracks.

Axela - ok as far as FFs go. definitely not the best one but reasonable at 1200. But with nurb/d being such a short track I can see it having big problems at the faster circuits with only 5 gears; Monza, HSR, Daytona Rd, SSR5, Tokyo all have huge straights. I think an extra 50kg off to account for that would be a nice gesture although it looks like no-one will run it anyway. Might tempt someone away from something else at 1150 if that's even possible?

G35 - quite hard work keeping up in this. Again maybe a bit too heavy considering it's straight line speed is well below the FFs. 1350?

I'm not planning on running any of these so suggesting weight off has no benefit to me. The opposite in fact, but fair's fair.

Mazda we can have a go with 1150, if you like. Should be possible.

Maybe meet in the middle with the other two? Say.. Crossfire 1420, G35 1400?

1350 is way too low for the G35. It would zoom clear.

I was impressed with Red's pace in the Mazda, I did not expect it to be up front and challenging for the lead. :D Red - Have you spent much time tuning the Mazda?

Alfa's and the Ford's are both really strong.

Just out of curiosity, I attempted running the Alfa at 1320kG and if anything it seemed to be even better. :D It had more grip.

Sorry if I caused any incidents in Race 3, Lap 1. I was caught in the middle of two other cars and I was being knocked from both sides and had nowhere to go. I'm not sure who the others were, but I just wanted to apologise.....3 into 1 doesn't go. :(

The end of race 3 was fun though, Rolo and I had a little battle, again. lol

I agree that the rwd's could do with a little weight loss to help them keep up with those of us who are using the FF's...
red sure does know how to set up that car as does straw...hats off to you both and to rolo for keeping it close right to the end

Completely forgot the Infiniti was 1400 already... I'm concerned 1350 would be too much still, but give it a go, give me some times.

I wouldnt suggest dropping weight on the mazda it's quite ok... It's the focus and alfa that pull away from other ff cars out of pure power.

Srt and axela might be the 2 slowest of the ff pack.

Did Red say the Crossfire was too quick at 1400? I seem to remember that.

Infiniti/Nissan confirmed at 1350 for now. If some go way too fast with that spec then I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.

Would 1170 be better for the Mazda instead of 1150?

Not much time with the Mazda no and I don't particularly like driving it. Yeah it was a match for the Alfa/Ford but we were all geared for 150 or less.

I wouldnt suggest dropping weight on the mazda it's quite ok... It's the focus and alfa that pull away from other ff cars out of pure power.

Srt and axela might be the 2 slowest of the ff pack.
Even on a track when people are geared for 170+? That's a lot of work for just 5 gears. And the Focus and Alfa both have bigger engines than the Axela.

I just think if the FRs and Axela are getting (slightly) beaten up around Nurb they're gonna get slaughtered at the faster tracks; Monza, HSR, Daytona Road, SSR5, Tokyo. Focus and Alfas were consistently up the front and the BMW is capable of that too so they are the benchmark cars. Just not sure the G35, Crossfire, Axela are quite in that league yet. Could just be setup but I think I had them adjusted ok?

I was actually trying a 1350 G35 when I got DCd. But yeah I'll do some more testing on faster tracks and online this time. But the lesser chosen cars do tend to be slower hence why hardly anyone picks them. Another 50kg off isn't going to magically turn it into a beast so don't worry. In power terms I reckon it's only the equivalent of ~5hp. So maybe gain a couple tenths per lap max.

Not sure about SRT4. Not driven yet.

Did Red say the Crossfire was too quick at 1400? I seem to remember that.

Infiniti/Nissan confirmed at 1350 for now. If some go way too fast with that spec then I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.

Would 1170 be better for the Mazda instead of 1150?
You're right. I did think so but it's possible I was wrong. I will get to the bottom of it this week.

I don't know how badly the longer gearing is going to affect the Axela yet. Could be not so much. Could be loads.

Its really hard work to balance these cars as close as possible , thanks to everyone helping out this season .

Sorry i had to leave suddenly yesterday , see you all soon .

Im still kinda undecided on my car choice .

Think the balance pretty right...

I would give a 50kgs on alfa and focus and keep all else the same. But maybe the focus and alfas pull away just due to the better gearing compatred to my srt4...

To be honest i do not see the srt4 beating the alfa and focus in any tracks, but we would need a better driver than me to check

To be honest i do not see the srt4 beating the alfa and focus in any tracks, but we would need a better driver than me to check

I think it is up there with the focus and alfa from what I found from testing all 3 when I was choosing between them for S3, but from what I found, the dodge is hard work cus its not as forgiving as the other two and it can be unpredictable at times so its not consistent with lap times but this could have just been my setup

I think you just need to work on your gear ratios

I'll try have a look at the FFs soon, since I'll most likely be using one. I can't today or tomorrow though on a close and 11pm shift.

I think it is up there with the focus and alfa from what I found from testing all 3 when I was choosing between them for S3, but from what I found, the dodge is hard work cus its not as forgiving as the other two and it can be unpredictable at times so its not consistent with lap times but this could have just been my setup

I think you just need to work on your gear ratios

Might be my problem... Still i find weird being pulled back whilke drafting an alfa or focus on a straight. I was starting to get close only by the end of the longest straights...

Transmission tricks do not help at all either

50 on the Ford and Alfa would be too much. BMW would win by a mile over the season.

20/30 maybe, let's see.

I do think the dodge should be 1200 and mazda 1180 , this is if the focus and alfa dont get increased by 20.

If they are increased by 20 then the dodge and mazda should be ok.

I doubt anyone will use the mazda anyway .

I like the older model focus but it too could probably lose a 20 kg .

The alfa seems faster with more weight , at least faster in a straight line .

OK let's bring the Dodge down to 1200 and Mazda 1170 for the time being (extra 10 to account for the gearing).

Would the Alfa work better if it was forced to run aero?

Back