Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
iridegravity
I would like to give this a go. Hello all. Are they stock Alfa's? PM me with the next date and time your getting together.

Totally stock. Change oil right away. Run it for 200 miles. Change oil. Then she is set to Mac potential. Be sure all settings are defaulted.

Totally stock. Change oil right away. Run it for 200 miles. Change oil. Then she is set to Mac potential. Be sure all settings are defaulted.

I usually boycott that first oil change. Nice to see it confirmed that it makes a difference though. I don't visit the GT Auto until My HP starts to drop. 200 miles is the magic number though huh? Will there be a HP limit? Where should I expect to see the HP's. Will start breaking her in though. She's been sitting waiting for some time now.

iridegravity
I usually boycott that first oil change. Nice to see it confirmed that it makes a difference though. I don't visit the GT Auto until My HP starts to drop. 200 miles is the magic number though huh? Will there be a HP limit? Where should I expect to see the HP's. Will start breaking her in though. She's been sitting waiting for some time now.

Turn Bspec Bob loose on one of the enduro's to get about 200 miles on it and then do your oil change. You should max out at 178hp, 620kg (stock), SS tires and leave everything else at default. You can paint it but if you change the wheels you'll probably have to reset the transmission to default since the different diameter throws the ratios off.

Starting date for the Alfa's will probably be January 3rd since I presume most people will be busy with the holidays. I think we'll have a preseason warmup the last week of December. But I plan to have a fix for your weekly racing before that, at least something to hold you over anyway. :sly:

Changing the wheels changes the ratio? I learnt something new. Does it affect grip at all due to increased surface contact with the ground?

Menown
Changing the wheels changes the ratio? I learnt something new. Does it affect grip at all due to increased surface contact with the ground?

Iforce commented the other night that it seemed to feel slightly better with aftermarket wheels on it. We've just discovered this so there hasn't been any real testing on it, but Iforce was on the track with the stock paint/wheels and left to do a paint job and install different wheels. When he came back in he couldn't get on the track, had to reset the transmission to default even though he had just been on the track a few minutes before. Several of us have needed to reset our tranny's but hadn't figured out why until the other night.

Naptown25rs
Ugh... Final GP of 2011, makes me sad...

Yep, can't believe the season went almost to December though! Should be an interesting battle for 2nd in the points. 👍

StigsHero
Yep, can't believe the season went almost to December though! Should be an interesting battle for 2nd in the points. 👍

I'm most interested in the 6th/7th constructors battle. Go Sauber!

Likewise. On the bus right now *yawns*. Your Friday night, my Saturday morning I'm there Brandon

I was about to join your lounge Brandon, then my daughter wakes up from her nap :/

Also my Alfa is at 175hp after 211 miles and an oil change. But it says 176 hp on the sheet. Not sure how you have 177hp

I think mine says 177hp on one screen and 178hp on the other. Can't remember which is which of the top of my head...

Menown
I was about to join your lounge Brandon, then my daughter wakes up from her nap :/

Also my Alfa is at 175hp after 211 miles and an oil change. But it says 176 hp on the sheet. Not sure how you have 177hp

Maybe the Alfa requires a little longer to break in, I don't know. It took a while for mine but it's finally up to 178hp (on the screen where you can adjust settings and see torque curves). Put some more miles on it and do another oil change, it will get there eventually.

In other news, today I procured 4 1965 tickets and am in the process of getting them duplicated, should have plenty to go around......just in time for Xmas! If you need an Alfa just let me know and I'll get you a ticket. 👍

Wow Brandon, going into the car business. Wish there was a way to restrict tuning to suspension only in lobbies, so we could extract that little bit extra out of the Alfa. Although the handling package is very nimble on sports softs, don't you think?

Wow Brandon, going into the car business. Wish there was a way to restrict tuning to suspension only in lobbies, so we could extract that little bit extra out of the Alfa. Although the handling package is very nimble on sports softs, don't you think?

Shhh. Brandon's asleep. It's just you and me that are awake at this time, and you'll be heading off to bed in a few hours.

I love the handling of the Alfa - Very forgiving but I need to get used to the brakes. 1965 brake technology wasn't the best.

RDAardvark
Shhh. Brandon's asleep. It's just you and me that are awake at this time, and you'll be heading off to bed in a few hours.

I love the handling of the Alfa - Very forgiving but I need to get used to the brakes. 1965 brake technology wasn't the best.

Zzzzzzz.........better than Flintstones era brakes............zzzzzzzzzz

Put some more miles on it and do another oil change, it will get there eventually.

In other news, today I procured 4 1965 tickets and am in the process of getting them duplicated, should have plenty to go around......just in time for Xmas! If you need an Alfa just let me know and I'll get you a ticket. 👍

I'll run it up to 300 and change the oil again, see where that gets me. I'll take a ticket, would be nice to keep one stock colour.

I am finding the Alfa a little harder to drive quickly. It hates curbs and I don’t seem to be able to snap it back in line once the back goes like I could with the Cappy. I either stay in a slide too long and scrub off a lot of speed or get in a tankslapper. The Cappy is twitchy while the Alfa is more progressive, so I think I’ve become more used to reacting to the sudden snap with a snap of my own.

.....I don’t seem to be able to snap it back in line once the back goes like I could with the Cappy.

Well sir, you are a much better Capp Pilot than I ever was! Once my Cappy decided it was time to step out there was nothing I could do to change it's mind! :dunce: I have induced a few tank slappers in the Alfa, probably half of them I was able to save which was unheard of in my Cappuccino. I think what's happened is that the Cappy demands such a different driving style that it's going to take us a minute to get adjusted to how a real car is supposed to drive. :lol: It will be well worth it though! 👍

Is that pole position you have as an Avatar? PP was the first time I raced anything, I spent so much on that game in the arcades, until Outrun came out :)

Is that pole position you have as an Avatar? PP was the first time I raced anything, I spent so much on that game in the arcades, until Outrun came out :)

Yes sir! This was also my first "sim racing", we got a Coleco Vision around '83/'84 and it even had a steering wheel (with pedal!) that you could snap the controller into. The knob on the controller acted as your "high gear/low gear" shifter and the rest worked exactly like my G27 does now. Well, maybe not exactly. :)

colecovision1.jpg

EDIT: I find it somewhat poetic that this was my 2,000th GTP post!! :)

Last edited:
As usual it looks great!

but who or what is ORCA?

ORCA (Online Racing Championship Association) is the new home of the Capp Cup and of the upcoming Alfa TZ2 Challenge. I figured if we're going to offer multiple forms of racing we needed to have a name that covered them all. :dopey:

Looks nice!
Any Alfa fun tonight?

Possibly, I'm not real sure what I'm going to be doing this evening but I'm always up for some Alfa fun so I'll post here if I open the lounge.

Here's a little taste of what's to come. :)

orcabanner.jpg

:drool:

And you guys may be interested in the news my World Sportscar Masters Series next year may have an Alfa TZ2 class to go on with the GT40's, XJ13's and 330 P4's..

Logo is brilliant, I'll keep watching 👍

I love the Alfa symbol, so many times I just miss my break point totally because I'm admiring the logo on the wheel. I love the DTM 155 car for the livery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back