Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The race lounge is open! Bring your Cappy out to Suzuka for some Friday night racing!

Last edited:
I clicked on your lounge icon and it's been 13 minutes since I started GT5...
20 minutes of waiting for this laggy pos and I get disconnected.:grumpy:
26 minutes have no idea why GT5 is so **** today,more so than usual.Please wait up guys.

Last edited:
Well, I went from probably my worst race ever on Tuesday to possibly my best race ever on Friday! The first race I was at the back but had a fantastic battle with several people and got a hard earned 9th. Started in 4th for the second race and benefitted from an incident that saw me eventually inherit the lead for several laps. Dsg got by and then I fought with iforce for several laps, ultimately fighting off yuri for the final podium position. I believe this is my first podium in a race with more than 6 or 7 people.

So there was some kind of glitch in the second race that showed Whinchup as the winner when he was actually still running. Whincup actually placed right before cipher so everybody above that moves up 1 position, putting dsg as the winner. Congrats to him and also to iforce on winning the first race.

FRIDAY RACE 1 RESULTS

imagevfwk.jpg

RACE 2 RESULTS (dsg winner)

imageftx.jpg

So, I noticed you guys were rarely braking at Suzuka. I was watching qualifying and saw you tap the brakes at the first turn and when you start that last turn. How are you getting the car through the esses that fast?

After the first turn, I have to brake really hard to start the esses. I'm entering the esses at around 50-60 mph, but you guys seem to be able to take it at 75. Also, your taking the esses at around 85-90, and my best is around 82. In fourth gear, whereas I end up oversteering and having to downshift to keep my car on the track.

How do you guys develop a good racing line for each track?

I wouldn't make any judgements until I see you driving but what is your setup?
As for lines just find one that feels the smoothest.
Would also like to get advice from the more experienced drivers out there.

Last edited:
So, I noticed you guys were rarely braking at Suzuka. I was watching qualifying and saw you tap the brakes at the first turn and when you start that last turn. How are you getting the car through the esses that fast?

After the first turn, I have to brake really hard to start the esses. I'm entering the esses at around 50-60 mph, but you guys seem to be able to take it at 75. Also, your taking the esses at around 85-90, and my best is around 82. In fourth gear, whereas I end up oversteering and having to downshift to keep my car on the track.

How do you guys develop a good racing line for each track?

FWIW, I used the exact tune (option 1), lsd and trans settings provided on the first page and only needed to brake on the first and last turn. I had to let off the gas and coast through the esses, but having to brake kills your momentum. Maybe try doing more coasting. Also, I don't have the reply, but make sure you're on racing hard tires.

The race lounge is open! Qualifying will start at 3pm EDT

*CLOSED*

Last edited:
Good racing today everyone. Congrats to Wiifreak on winning the double today. You'll get an extra bonus point for that. 👍 Next event is Tuesday, qualifying starts at 7:45pm EDT.

SATURDAY RACE 1 RESULTS

imagekzt.jpg

RACE 2 RESULTS

imagekfd.jpg

How should I go about lap 1 at the first turn. I always get a bit overwhelmed by all the cars trying to turn in at the same time. I always end up getting into traffic and settling into last place.

How do I enter into turn 1 competitively, without blocking someone, or creating an incident?

How should I go about lap 1 at the first turn. I always get a bit overwhelmed by all the cars trying to turn in at the same time. I always end up getting into traffic and settling into last place.

How do I enter into turn 1 competitively, without blocking someone, or creating an incident?

That's a tough question. I never really though about it I just kind of do it. I really modulate the brake and throttle and I'm more driving by the speed of the guy directly in front of me rather than try to be as fast as possible. My eyes are fixed on him, not on the track, with the odd glance into my track map (set on 2) to see where everyone is around me entering the corners, so I know if I have to stay outside or not.

The start is definitely nerve wracking for the first lap or so until everyone gets strung out. Best thing is to just practice it over and over in race situations and eventually it'll come to you.

Just hold your line and concentrate on not running into the car infront of you or on either side, dont worry about anything thats going on behind you. But at the same time dont be too cautious and let everyone drive past you. You really just have to practice it as much as you can and you will get used to it. As for the tuning question, I use the tune from RKM in the tuning section of GTplanet and it works the best for me, just try different ones and find one that feels the best to you. Just like anything else the more you practice gt5 the better you will get at it.

A couple of questions about the recommended tune.

How do you get a 0.902 gearing for 5th gear? Mine maxes out at 0.900.

And how many of you have installed the Chassis Reinforcement?

I do. Never tried w/o it, so no idea if it helps or hurts.

In practice try driving the corner assuming you're going 2-wide on the inside/outside, 3-wide in/mid/out etc w/o slowing down more than a few miles relative to your normal cornering speed. In race : map scale=2, and look in which situation you're in. Also attend some practice races to know the effects of draft.

Personally, I did not do enough of this, since I lost a ton of time in race #1 on Friday going 3-wide (I think, gotta watch the replay some time) into turn 1, and lost it in race #2 today (just when I took the lead), not braking enough after gaining some speed due to draft.

Last edited:
Schadenfreude13
A couple of questions about the recommended tune.

How do you get a 0.902 gearing for 5th gear? Mine maxes out at 0.900.

Set your top speed to 155mph, it confused me at first but adjusting your top speed changes your overall ratios. As for the reinforcement, I have one Capp with and one without, I generally prefer the one without but some tracks are better with a reinforced chassis.

StigsHero
Set your top speed to 155mph, it confused me at first but adjusting your top speed changes your overall ratios. As for the reinforcement, I have one Capp with and one without, I generally prefer the one without but some tracks are better with a reinforced chassis.

I reset the tranny to default, made surs final gear was at 5.125, set top speed to 155, and thats how I wound up with a max 5th gear ratio of .900. I'm confused because I'm pretty sure I did exactly what you did to set your ratios.

Last edited:
I reset the tranny to default, made surs final gear was at 5.125, set top speed to 155, and thats how I wound up with a max 5th gear ratio of .900. I'm confused because I'm pretty sure I did exactly whaf you did to set your ratios.

.900 and .902 are close enough together it won't matter. You're talking 2/1000ths of a difference in gearing...lol.

Johnnypenso
.900 and .902 are close enough together it won't matter. You're talking 2/1000ths of a difference in gearing...lol.

I know it doesnt matter. I'm just wondering why it's different. I initially used a pre-patch car, so I put together a new car and got the same result.

So what kind of times are people running at Madrid? Im doing consistant 1:00:xx sometmes 0:59:xx. What about you?

So what kind of times are people running at Madrid? Im doing consistant 1:00:xx sometmes 0:59:xx. What about you?

That's right where I'm at. Best time was a 0:59:200, but I highly doubt I could repeat that again. Also, jumping the curb on the turn after the back stretch, while fun, does not improve lap times :lol:

That's right where I'm at. Best time was a 0:59:200, but I highly doubt I could repeat that again. Also, jumping the curb on the turn after the back stretch, while fun, does not improve lap times :lol:

Ive noticed the same thing about the jumpin g thing. Although in my book jumps are always better.

Hmm, so I was late for work a bit last Tuesday*** but blamed it on traffic, can't do it this week so hopefully we'll be quicker on the qualifying than last week. I'd appreciate it!

Last edited:
Wardez
Hmm, so I was late for work a bit yesterday but blamed it on traffic, can't do it this week so hopefully we'll be quicker on the qualifying than last week. I'd appreciate it!

The biggest problem Tuesday was that 2 or 3 people wandered in right at 7:45 and then we had a connection problem. I think our connections should be fine this week (praiano respectfully withdrew due to stability issues) so let's all show up on time so our Champ can get to work on time. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back