Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of tonight's shenanigans. :)

[YouTube]tV0Sqk8cz_4[/YouTube]

imagexfv.jpg

imageufq.jpg

imageiax.jpg

Mirror pic is pretty dang nice. I really like it. Can you send it to me via email? Or PsN mail

IforceV8
In praiano's picture the cars on each side of his red 63 are missing.

His car also isn't damaged so I think he took this before everyone was lined up. I had to do the same thing because Brosif's car looked like poop. Lol

I'll have the real pictures posted later, these were just screenshots I took with my phone.
The group shot will have to be re-done anyway, maybe next time we can convince everybody to keep their cars un-damaged and prevent Brosif from beating up on our Brazilian friend. lol

Season 3 officially begins tonight! The format/procedure will be the same as we did at Tsukuba this past week, open practice followed by qualifying with the back-to-back races beginning immediately thereafter. We had a great turnout last week for the preseason events (and even for the practice session last night) so I'm really looking forward to kicking off the new season with a bang! Even though, based off last night, I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of my throw-away weeks. lol No matter how careful I am that last turn always destroys me. :dunce:

With all the lagging last night, I think on Brosif's screen, the spot he turned into was empty...but man that was pretty funny ...lol When I first saw them banging back and forth I thought, "That's definitely a rivalry brewing"....lol.

This is probably a throwaway week for me too...lol. I just can't seem to get it together at Suzuka. I'm consistently about a half second off pace and no matter what I do I just can't get down to the 54.5's the leaders are doing. Have be crafty, use the draft as best I can and capitalize on any mistakes in front of me.

Nice pictured Brandon. The mirror one is very artistic.

Good luck everyone tonight!!

Man, what this :) i did not see this happening on my screen , i have the replay and there is nothing also. only 5 cars... ???
I just saw this bump to bump on your replay upside. Hahaha ,what this ??? :scared: Look like the only free place close to the principal door of a shopping center on a 24 december evening 👍👍.

^ make sure to reset your router, reboot your PS3 and clear cache before race today. And everyone else should do it too.
P.S. checking out a car tonight, might be late for quali, should be in time for race though.

Last edited:
His car also isn't damaged so I think he took this before everyone was lined up.

Nope, he didn't. Wardez is in his pictures but he lined up after me. I am just not showing up on his screen, that is why there is such a large gap between your car and Wardez. TrackBound and iforce are also not showing up on praiano's screen.

Nope, he didn't. Wardez is in his pictures but he lined up after me. I am just not showing up on his screen, that is why there is such a large gap between your car and Wardez. TrackBound and iforce are also not showing up on praiano's screen.

That was my initial thought but in my replay praiano's car was thrashed at the point Wardez pulled into line. Yours was even worse, but in praiano's photo his car looks fine. I also notice some of us have our wheels turned and some don't, I suspect praiano may be skilled in the black magic of Photoshop. :) Or maybe for some reason his screen didn't show the damage since he couldn't see you?

You can barely see the front of his damaged car peeking out here:
photolo.jpg

StigsHero
Or maybe for some reason his screen didn't show the damage since he couldn't see you?

Exactly. My car didn't show any damage on my screen as it didn't recognize the collisions with Praiano. My car didn't even flinch or attempt to recognize any sort of clipping at all.

BrosifDuder
Exactly. My car didn't show any damage on my screen as it didn't recognize the collisions with Praiano. My car didn't even flinch or attempt to recognize any sort of clipping at all.

That's quite bizarre. On my replay both of your cars are DESTROYED! I'll get a picture. So there were 3 totally different versions of the same event going on, it's a wonder it can function like this at all. I would think the whole thing would just crash, this is one thing I wish they would get straightened out.

I've seen ghosted people collide on a pace lap and shot the one car like 50 feet up and back down. They was just jumping all over racing too. It was rather comical honestly. Their screens was perfect. No wrecks no car to do so.

Here's what your cars looked like on my replay.

imageihy.jpg

imagehxe.jpg

Anyway, the race lounge is open!! Come out to Suzuka and get your caffeine fix!!

Qualifying will start at 7:45pm EDT.

Last edited:
Well, that was rough. Connection issues, frame rate lag, ghosted cars, and my least favorite track in the game. Bleh. :lol: On the plus side I didn't hear any complaints about bad driving or hear anybody's name taken in vain so 👍 for that. Below are the results for tonight's races. Congrats to Lancer and Wardez on their victories. We'll do it all again Friday at 10pm EDT.

TUESDAY RACE 1 RESULTS

imageyxj.jpg

TUESDAY RACE 2 RESULTS

imagetskl.jpg

Last edited:
I thought tonights race was pretty good to start the series. I didnt do as well as I would've liked to but I did better than I did most of last season. I didnt see much contact either which was good considering how many cars were on this little track.

Brandon, I had my mic muted, that is why you didn't hear me taking my own name in vain =). I am not sure what my problem was. I had been running low to mid 55s the past couple of nights. Barely could do that tonight, qualified with a 56 something and ran in the 56s and 57s all night (except the laps I couldnt keep the car on the track). Just embarrassing tonight, hope Friday goes better for me.

I was so happy to race tonight... but it seems my connection don't allow rooms with 15 peoples like this.
I've tested my speed and i'm 0,47 mbps download and 0,11 mbps upload.
Let's see next time, if hapen again ,i'll have to say good bye to the season.
Too bad.:guilty:

haha, by about now I'm just hoping that the server structure gets a much needed optimization and upgrade!

Although I do love the prospect of chilling back and, hopefully, watching the new content and features rolling in. Taking a relaxed approach to this one.

Cheers guys!

Honestly I just hope it doesn't break the online components that we're used to and have come to depend on. I don't want to have to re-tool the league too much to fit the new structure. Cynical? Yeah. lol

Congrats to Evo7 for the win in race 1 and Wardez for surviving turn 1 to win race 2.I had a nice 1.5 sec lead in race 1 but was waaaaayyyyy too cautious in turns 1-2 and the draft caught me.

With this update coming possibly between the Grand Valley enduro and the custom oval track would it be a good idea to swap those two races on the calendar?If there is an update in the tire model or the track editor who know what type of issues could come up?

Brandon, I had my mic muted, that is why you didn't hear me taking my own name in vain =). I am not sure what my problem was. I had been running low to mid 55s the past couple of nights. Barely could do that tonight, qualified with a 56 something and ran in the 56s and 57s all night (except the laps I couldnt keep the car on the track). Just embarrassing tonight, hope Friday goes better for me.

Make sure you're practicing online.

In case you guys didn't see it on the front page, I thought I'd share the big news! https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-spec-2-0-is-coming-dlc-to-follow/

Can't wait to see what this has in store for the Capp Cup, hopefully great things!

I'm pretty excited too 👍

Really excited for DLC. Talk about a great winter!!!! Here is hoping for race cars we can use in leagues.

How many other $600Million businesses do you know (my approximation of GT gross revenue to date) that announce content on a tweet like this:

"GT fans, thanks for waiting… The GT5 Spec 2.0 update is coming the 3rd week of October, with DLC following a week later."

In this day and age of the internet and websites and easy access to billions of people, that's the best PD can do? A tweet? Really? Surely somewhere there is something a little more informative than this.

Truthfully I'm looking forward to some positive content but I'm not looking forward to having to retune my entire garage because 9 months after launch they decide to change the online physics engine of the game. If anything, make the offline the same as online, not vice versa. Fix the lag and connection issues, add some more cars and for God's sake more tracks, but don't screw up the online physics, other than maybe tire wear.

How many other $600Million businesses do you know (my approximation of GT gross revenue to date) that announce content on a tweet like this:

"GT fans, thanks for waiting… The GT5 Spec 2.0 update is coming the 3rd week of October, with DLC following a week later."

At least they tweeted it in English for us this time, that's a big step forward for them haha, I agree with you, very odd way of doing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back